Shattered

By SodaMahone

Everything they had and knew - had been shattered. WARNING: This book contains mature content. Started: 30th... More

Note
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
EPILOGUE: PART ONE
EPILOGUE: PART TWO
Goodbye Lovelies ♥ (OLD NOTE)

CHAPTER EIGHT

4.8K 298 481
By SodaMahone

(Lucas' Pov)

Settled down around the large table, I sat up straight in my chair, eyes wondering over the familiar faces all confidentiality peering back at me. They were all silent, waiting for me to give my permission so they could speak - waiting for me to speak. 

"Well, how did it go?" I finally asked after several minutes of silence, running my finger across a golden ring wrapped around my index finger. It was a gift, one I received four years ago by a close friend, who tragically had his life taken away a few months later. I'd worn it out of respect for his name, knowing he'd hate to be forgotten completely one day.

"Great, Mr Accardi." Aliyah immediately spoke up with a pleased smile on her face. "Everything went according to plan. Their parcels are in the room next door."

"Good," I said with a small lightness. "What did their delivery contain?"

"300 pounds of cocaine. 500 pounds of Cannabis. 420 pounds of various 'fun pills' and lastly 200 pounds of Heroine." Jamal stated, all numbers accurately memorized and confidently stated.

"How much would that be worth?"

"Around two million, Sir." Aliyah responded.

"Excellent," I applauded, with a large grin. "Did our men leave unharmed?"

"All ten of them," Mason, who was in charge of recruiting them, stated. I realized there was no whore on his lap this time and could only bet he got tired of her, deciding to drop her back off on the streets where he picked her up from.

"How about their men?"

"Two dead, three injured and the others ran away." He informed, taking a blow from the cigar in his hand.

"Well, good job, all of you." I took a glance around the table, seeing a few people return small smiles at me. It was pretty rare for me to applaud my workers on anything, so they lapped up any attention they received from me like this.

"Thank you, Mr Accardi." A chorus of voices responded, and they all watched as I stood up from my seat. 

"Just be aware of the rise in tension with The Krasnyy. Eventually when they figure out we were behind their failed drug delivery, which will be soon, they'll be eager to get us back at any opportunity or chance they have." I warned my workers, aware of Nicholas (the owner of their company) and his thirst for revenge. This wasn't the first time I had tarnished something of his.

"With that being said, be careful and cautious." I trailed off. "That's all for today."

Nodding at me in response, I took that as my cue to leave, feeling various eyes follow me as I done so. As I left the room, I pulled my keys out of my pockets, my brows lips curling into a small smile when I noticed the two figures standing by the warehouse front door, conversing.

"Randy," I called, immediately capturing his attention. A grin perked up onto his lips and the two men I trusted my life with, dismissed their conversation for the time being.

"Lucas, hey, man." He clapped my back lightly as we shared a short hug. 

"What are you doing here?"

Randy, he was a childhood friend of mine. He was the only person I had brought into this complicated, new life style of mine. We had grown up together, in the same home, both with the same foster kid label attached to us throughout life. However, unlike mine, his was real. 

Five years ago, when I was nineteen years old, at some shitty event my father was throwing, I ended up being recognized by him. Randy was the same age as me, he was a college student at the time we crossed paths again, working a part time job at a waiter, coincidentally where my father had decided to hold his event.

That moment of him recognizing me was extremely significant. Mostly because it was what patched up our friendship and inevitably led me to open up to someone, sharing how my life had drastically changed in the smallest amount of time. It was against the rules to share my illegal business with people, but Randy was someone I could trust - he was my friend.

And for the past few years - my only source of normalcy within life. 

"Nothing, just thought I'd stop by and see how everything's coming along around here," He shared, glancing around the warehouse with a noticeable weariness. Although I had shared my job and new life style with this man, it didn't mean he approved or favoured the idea of me running an enormous, illegal drug business, with various enemies out to get me, my life literally on the line every second of the day.

When I put it like that, it was hard to see why anybody in their right mind would want to live a life like so. But sometimes, people didn't have a choice.

"It's all good, man." I cleared my throat, gently patting him on his arm. "How about you? How's work going?"

After a severely hard up bringing, it was incredibly satisfying to see Randy earning a generous income, his job as an IT specialist to a rather large technology company. He had worked his ass off from high school, only pushing himself further and harder in college. When he anticipated a job offer to this large tech business, we celebrated his win.

"Good, good." He said with a small grin. "It hasn't been confirmed, but I might be getting a bonus."

"That's great. I'm happy for you, bro." I told him with a smile. He returned it, modestly nodding, and I quickly remembered how this man hated attention. I shook my head, still wearing a small smile as I turned to face Cody who had been silently listening to our exchange, his focus on his phone.

"How was the meeting?" Cody questioned, his eyes flickering over to me, as if he sensed my eyes on him.

"It was good. I'm impressed." I told him with a thoughtful expression. "Anymore news I need to hear of?"

Sighing, he reluctantly tucked his phone away into his suit pocket and turned to face me. "Your uncle's publicly announced the big news."

"That little fucker," I grounded out, instantly wishing he was standing right in-front of me so I could greet him with a cold, hard, fist.

"Wait, what news?" Randy asked and I sighed, not knowing how to share the news and if it would make any sense to a normal person like him.

Although it had been two years since my father had passed away and I had, by default, taken over his position as the owner and leader of The Spina, the entire process of me becoming the leader was rushed. There were certain requirements I failed to meet, but it wasn't as significant at the time, mostly because the leadership role came first. However, now as I had settled in my position, my good for nothing Uncle decided to open his grubby little mouth and remind me I needed to completely meet all expected requirements in order to carry on my role.

Now, I had met all apart from one - I needed to be married. I needed a spouse; a woman who would carry my future heir within her womb, someone I could attend events with and have look pretty on my arm and simply continue on the family name with.

I wasn't a man of commitment. Nor was I a fan of the idea of marriage and all of that romance bullshit. Sadly enough for me, my dislikes and interests weren't being taken into account. And so as my uncle was aware of my relationship with women - which was essentially sexual flings, nothing at all serious, just casual fucking on both parts - he thought he was doing me a favour by pushing a certain woman in to being my future spouse.

Veronica Madeleine. A stunning twenty-six year old blonde with sensual hazel eyes and slim, enticing body. She was made out to be a pure and innocent woman with a fragility her father had created, but I knew of her differently. I had fucked her, a countless amount of times. We had a causal fling a year ago in summer, when I was handling business with her father, Edward Madeleine, and after all those several moments with my dick inside of her, I knew she was far from the little façade she put on.

Her father was apart of my world. Although his name and company wasn't as big as mine (seeing as how he sold weaponry) our worlds still clashed. He made enemies, he killed people, he stole, done all sorts of illegal business and failed to keep his family away from it, no matter how hard he might have wanted to. 

We lived in the same dark world and what he desired from the dark world? That was easy - a name. Reputation. Respect. Admiration. He wanted everything my father had and everything I had. So, of course he had no problem with the idea of his 'innocent' daughter being married off to a cruel man like me. It would get him everything he desired for.

And it just so happened, that I needed his little daughter.

It worked out for the both of us.

"Didn't he tell you?" Cody questioned with an amused grin. "Lucas is engaged."

Rolling my eyes, I watched as confusion shifted across Randy's face alongside disbelief. 

"What?" He exclaimed, turning to face me. "Is he saying the truth? You're engaged?"

"Seems like it," I muttered, uninterested with the conversation. 

"But how? Who with? When? I- What the fuck, man? I can't believe you didn't tell me!" Randy rambled on, making me sigh and shift my hands inside of my pant pockets.

"It's complicated, Randy." I carefully chose my words. "Her name's Veronica... She's a daughter to an important guy and let's just say, my position requires me to have a spouse..."

"Wait," He narrowed his eyes. "Is this some sort of arranged marriage shit?"

I clenched my jaw, thoughtfully, before nodding at him. "I guess so."

"Lucas, man..." Randy trailed off, a sad expression crossing onto his face.

"What? Why the face?" I arched a brow, somewhat amused he was so shocked and upset to hear the news. Shouldn't he have been, I don't know, excited for me?

"Nothing... Well, I just thought..." He shook his head, and then his eyes darted away with the familiar wave of sympathy, I immediately realized why my friend was feeling this way after hearing the news.

"No." I firmly found myself saying, clearing my throat when I felt that familiar ache attack my heart. "It's in the past."

Nodding at my response, but not seeming pleased with it, Randy forced a small smile at me. "Well, good luck with everything, man... I'll see you later, maybe we can grab some lunch later on in the week?"

"Sure," I nodded, patting him on the arm gently and watched as he turned to leave the warehouse doors, leaving Cody and I behind. As soon as the doors closed and I felt Cody's piercing gaze set on me.

"Is everything alright, Lucas?" He questioned, an unfamiliar softness in his tone. 

"I'm fine." I gruffly told him and then decided staying in my office and busying myself with some work instead of heading off home so soon.

It wasn't as if there was something waiting for me there.

---

Hours passed by and I wasn't quite sure how long I had been inside of my office, looking through my emails, writing out letters to any important people and reviewing any news that could affect me.

I had managed to busy myself for the most part. However, I couldn't ignore this rather strong tugging feeling occurring within me. The words Randy had said earlier on, followed me. What they referred to, caused the familiar, longing ache to build in my chest and suddenly, it was hard to think of anything without wanting to cry out in frustration.

Sitting back in my chair, I exhaled deeply, closing my eyes. I always prevented myself from thinking about my past - my false past. I always tried storing away any memories and forced myself to forget a life I had once lived.

But, God, it was so fucking hard. So hard, that no matter how badly I tried, it always managed to slip threw and attack me, leaving me completely defeated.

Hesitantly, I opened my eyes and let my eyes shift downwards, pausing on my shoelaces that were neatly tied. That's when I couldn't control my mind which thought of the beautiful brunette with soft blue eyes and a heart full of gold. The girl who I had once been in-love with, who had me completely and utterly captivated.

I sighed heavily, leaning my head back as I gave in to the haunting memories. All of those cherishing moments we played together, when we laughed, when we talked about nonsense, when we shared our deepest secrets; our deepest thoughts, and all those Goddamn times we would watch the sun settle in its place, knowing the day had come to an end but we still had each other.

Our biggest fear was losing each other. And fucking sadly enough for the both of us, that fear came all so true that horrible summer.

We were forced apart. I was thrown into this new world, any reminders of my false life forcefully pushed right to the back of my mind while God knows how the precious dime might have been feeling.

She probably hates you.

My mind whispered making me clench my jaw.

And she had every right. I just hoped - I prayed - that she was out there somewhere, happy, cared for, confident, living the life she deserved and most importantly - loved. Because everybody deserves love, but not as much as my laces deserved it.

Shaking my head, I forced myself to stop reminiscing about the past and focus on the future, because there was nothing else I could do, no matter how badly I wanted to 

It was strange how the smallest of things could have the largest impact on you.

And that for me, were my fucking shoe laces.

•••••

(AN) Hey guys! So, that concludes chapter eight! I hope you're all having a wonderful day and enjoyed the chapter! So, you've gotten a little more insight about Lucas and his profession along with what he kind of expectations he has to live up to... What are your thoughts? Much more to come!

Comment AND Vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 331 46
There usually comes a time when the darkness becomes too much and you succumb to it. You drown in it, Suftocate until you are breathless. The darknes...
132K 3.2K 32
𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄. 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐀. 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐘. "I don't know how to feel about you. I should hate you for everything you did" He was so close. His hot b...
3.9K 99 16
!ALL SCENARIOS ARE FAKE AND MADE UP FOR FAN FICTION PURPOSES. I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS! what the title says- this book is only stray kids, enhype...
1.8K 96 25
Mysteries remained unanswered, hearts have been broken, the guard has been pulled up again, family is the worst enemy, friends don't know the meaning...