Stranded [Loki Laufeyson]

By DecemberNightshade

There's not a lot Griffin Ryder wants in life. Maybe a cat...some books...peace and quiet...revenge on the Qu... More

Author's Note
[CHARACTER REFERENCES]
PART I
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
PART II
Quick Note
Chapter XIV
Chapter XVI
PART III
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
HOLY SHIT

Chapter XV

122 8 0
By DecemberNightshade

Griffin flicked a switch as the ship approached the small planet of Pluto. A quiet whirring noise sounded as the lights within the ship dimmed. "We'll be approaching the Jump-Point in...around five minutes." Her voice then became much more charming, sounding exactly like a tour guide. "Until then, if you would please look out the left you will see the lovely no-longer-a-planet Pluto."

"That voice is annoying."

"Your voice is annoying..." Griffin grumbled, not exactly having that much focus at the moment to think of a good comeback. He definitely realized this but snorted anyway. She shifted in her seat as she strapped in again, grabbing the steering joysticks. As they came around the planet, an octagon rimmed with blazing yellow and orange sparks seemed to flash into view.

"Alrighty, while we're going through it, it might feel as though you're going to vomit. Please don't because it's a new ship." With that said, Griffin pushed forwards on the controls and rocketed through the Jump-Point. Their vision was momentarily blinded by bright colors flashing before their eyes, but it was over in less than a second once they had reached the other side.

Griffin stared out of the windshield with wide eyes, her lips parting slightly. Asgard was...beautiful. The whole island portion of it was on top of a huge and flat circular platform of water, the liquid dripping off the sides all around the kingdom in steady streams. Where all that excess water was going and where it was even coming from is a complete mystery, but it looked awesome nonetheless. On top of the huge ass island was a golden palace surrounded by elegantly designed towers and buildings. On the very edge of the flat planet was a golden dome-shaped structure connecting to a long bridge. Not just any bridge. The bridge.

The Rainbow Bridge.

Descriptions do it no justice. It's quite the thing to behold. Colors flowed along it in wide or thin streaks, light pulsating off of it in waves.

"Pretty spectacular, right?" She heard Loki say from his chair.

"Yeah..." that was all she could say, as the girl was still sitting in awe.

"Well come on, enough admiring. We have a King to overthrow," Loki chuckled quietly as Griffin nodded. She pushed the shielding button, watching as the bubble of hexagons expanded around the entire ship before she flicked the switch beside it. They all flashed brightly.

"Mmmmk, we're invisible." The ship began to fly down towards the planet, and Griffin quickly made adjustments to the flight path to account for the Earth-like gravitational pull. "I'm setting us down under the bridge." Griffin looked out the window at the bridge as the ship slowly flew down beside it, approaching the landmass of Asgard.

The woman flicked another one of the holographic switches that would extend the landing gear before carefully setting the ship down on the sandy beach. She powered down the craft and unbuckled herself from the seat before she stood up and stretched. Without words, the two walked down into the cargo bay and started getting ready. Griffin pulled her black cloak over her shoulders and put up the hood before grabbing one of the energy rifles and an obsidian longsword. She put the sword into its sheath and attached it to her belt, along with slinging the rifle over her back.

She saw that Loki had done the same, only he had a sword on his belt and a handgun in his holster. Thankfully, he wasn't wearing that helmet, or they'd be spotted instantly.

Anyway, once they got down the ramp, Loki led the girl to a steep set of uneven stairs, grass poking through the large cracks in the stone. They walked up the curvy path, the crunching sound of their footsteps on the gravelly surface supplementing them with the only sound all around them. As they approached the palace, Loki seemed to get more and more tense, his eyes searching the area for any wandering Asgardians.

"We're going to have to walk through the city to get to the actual palace," he told her, a green wave of light passing over his body before his form changed. She narrowed his eyes at his long blond hair and way more muscular body. He was wearing a long red cape along with a leather tunic adorned with six metal discs. "I'm Thor. Stop looking at my muscles."

"I was not..." she muttered, glaring at him out of the corner of her eyes. "Do I get a disguise or no?"

"No. I'll tell Odin I brought you back from my travels and that you know where one of the Stones are. That should give us a reason for the two of us being there, we knock him out, and I send him to Midgard."

"Seems solid. And what'll happen if your illusion doesn't work?"

"It will. Trust me. My magic is powerful, and I know Thor's personality, actions, feelings, everything. I'm not the God of Lies for nothing, darling." Loki noted, smirking smugly down at her. She scoffed and rolled her eyes as they entered through the city gates, a few of the citizens looking strangely at the newcomers before bowing at the sight of Thor. Loki smiled pleasantly at everyone they passed, his strides confident and swift, forcing Griffin to walk faster to even keep up with him.

"You're looking a bit out of place without your hammer, my guy." She closed her eyes and shook her head disapprovingly as Loki turned to her and wiggled his eyebrows. "Not...not what I meant you absolute shit."

"I know, but I couldn't resist."

"For someone who nearly wiped out two species, you don't seem rather dark and edgy." She growled, rolling her eyes as she anxiously looked around at the citizens of Asgard. The girl felt like all eyes were on her; they were most likely wondering who this strange cloaked girl with a rifle and sword on her person was and why she was standing next to Thor - the Prince of Asgard.

"That's probably because I don't exactly have any reason to be, as you so eloquently put it, 'dark and edgy'. I no longer have to deal with pieces of trash trying to kill me, and I'm not looking into taking over Midgard any time soon, so I'm, for once in my life, feeling good." He smiled down at her as they approached the large entrance gates to the golden palace.

"Thor? What are you doing back so soon?" A man, who Loki seemed to recognize due to his unnoticeable change in stance from passive to defensive; unnoticeable to the man, but Griffin saw it. She smirked lightly, actually, since he happened to move into said defensive position to go in front of her.

"I gained a new companion who might be able to help in my quest, Fandral." Loki, er, Loki in Thor's form, stated, shooting a grin down at Griffin.

"Fandral, is it? I'm Griffin." She extended her hand with a gentle smile, her back straightening as she took on a more confident persona. The two shook hands before Fandral opened up the door for the two to walk inside. He began to lead them down the long hallway.

"Odin will wish to see you...Why didn't Heimdall alert us to your presence?"

"I asked him not to. My father would've wanted to make a deal out of my return, and I didn't want Griffin to go through that." Fandral hummed in response, and Griffin merely looked up at Loki/Thor with a hint of respect. Silver tongue indeed.

Guards stood every 30 feet or so, each decked out in armor and holding spears. The walls and ceilings were at ornately covered in gold and designs, gold bordering the windows. On the roof were nine different circular murals, each displaying the nine realms.

When they reach the set of doors that lead to the throne room, Thor turned to face Fandral.

"Will you wait outside, my friend? I would like to talk to my father alone with Griffin."

"Of course. I'll tell the others that you've arrived." With that statement said, Fandral left with a smile, leaving Loki, disguised as Thor, and Griffin standing alone.

"My rifle has a stunning setting that affects gods and Asgardians. You want me to use it?" Griffin asked, reaching behind her to grasp the neck of her rifle.

Loki paused, thinking it over before asking, "Can you see any guards inside?" The God asked, watching as she pushed the button behind her ear. The metal plating of her mask expanded out around her face and her horns, the eye lenses lighting up a bright turquoise.

She stayed silent for a moment before nodding. "Five in total. Two on the sides of the door, two on either side of the room, and one next to the throne. If you go against Odin, they'll all come out you at once. I can stun them before then."

Loki hummed in acknowledgment before nodding. "I'll get close enough to Odin and put him to sleep. Once I do that, take out the guards when they come for me. If you can, stand back for me and try to look surprised at my actions so they won't go for you."

Griffin noted in the response, clearing her throat as her mask disappeared. When Loki saw that she was ready, he pushed open the doors and stepped inside. The room itself was expansive; golden pillars rose up from the floor and to the ceiling, the floor decorated with intricate lines and circles of gold.

When her eyes landed on the throne, a sour taste entered her mouth. Odin sat on the throne holding a two-pronged spear, looking at the two before him with an unreadable expression.

Thor dropped to one knee in a bow, and reluctantly, Griffin knelt before the man who had slaughtered almost all of her species.

"My son... Welcome back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502 12 20
Loki Fanfiction starts from Thor: TDW mostly takes time in Ragnarok and will continue from then on. I know what it's like to die so bring me back to...
77.3K 2.1K 50
As a HYDRA experiment you can't seem to feel anything anymore until you meet the tall dark haired man he's sour at first but sweet comes eventually t...
15.7K 466 32
Talia Hawlett, a young, highly skilled Assasin. Once worked for HYDRA, is now one of the most feared people to walk this earth. After Talia escaped...
212K 8.8K 27
[ LOKI x READER ] [ thor: ragnarok ] C O M P L E T E D ◇ ◇ ◇ When the god of mischief shows up uninvited to your home and asks you to check on his fa...