Betrayal Within (Editing)

By ClaireBaker_

Abby's senior year started off normal. She has great friends, good grades, and plans to audition for the annu... More

Quick author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 - Part 1
Chapter 6 - Part 2
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
New Story Summary...
Deciding (Please Read)

Chapter 9

112 2 2
By ClaireBaker_

© All Rights Reserved

The rest of the day went by pretty quick. Everybody who got a part was to be at the auditorium afterschool. I congradulated my friends on getting the parts they wanted. The only one I haven't congradulated was Nathan. I hadn't seen him all day. I guess I would have to just see him afterschool.

By the end of the day me and my friends were on our way to the auditorium. Everybody was excited, even Kate, and she usually isn't into plays. By the time we got there, all the students were there, except Nathan. My friends and I went to sit down in the front row. Two minutes later, Mrs.Hart showed up and then started introducing everyone and the character they were playing.

"Our Lady Capulet will be played by Hanna Preston," Mrs. Hart said. Hanna got up and waved. People clapped everytime a new person was introduced.

"Our Lord Capulet will be played by Seb Wheeler." People clapped a bit more loudly. Seb was the running back for the football team. He was popular. He just chose not to hang out with that crowd.

Mrs.Hart continued on with introducing everybody. Tracey got a part in the play. She was playing Lady Montague. When they called her name, she didn't bother standing up. Instead she glared at me.

"Our Romeo will be played by our star football player, Nathan Everest," Mrs.Hart said. Everybody clapped louder, but Nathan still wasn't here. Hmm, where is he? Right when Mrs.Hart was going to announce my part, the doors to the auditorium burst open. In walked Nathan.

"Sorry I'm late," he said quickly. I smiled at him, but he didn't smile back. He sat as far away from me as possible. I furrowed by eyebrows in confusion.

"Okay, well our Juliet will be played by the lovely Abagail Gold," Mrs.Hart said. Everybody clapped. I smiled and waved and then sat back down. After everybody was introduced, Mrs.Hart passed out scripts to everybody. She then told us to read through the script. She told us to spread out in groups and practice. Me and my friends went up on the stage and practiced there. When I saw Nathan heading towards another group, I went up to him.

"Hey Nathan." I chirped. "Umm Congratulations on getting the part for Romeo." I smiled but he didn't smile back. He just looked at me with a blank expression on his face.

"Yeah, thanks," he muttered and turned away from me. Before he could get away I grabbed his arm.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked concerned.

He yanked his arm out of my grip and then looked me in the eyes and said, "Don't touch me." I flinched a little.

"I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to practice with us?" I mumbled quietly. I looked up into his green eyes that were filled with so much anger.

"Leave me alone Abagail," he sneered low enough for only me to hear. I looked at him with confusion and hurt clear across my face. He turned away from me again. I followed him and grabbed his arm in a tight grip. He turned around and glared at me.

"I said leave me alone."

"I just wanted t-"

"I said leave me the hell alone Abagail!!" Nathan shouted. The whole auditorium went quiet. I felt the stupid tears come to my eyes.

"I-I j-just wanted t-to make sure y-you were o-okay," I stuttered.

"Well don't. I said leave me alone. I don't want to hear shit from you," he yelled. A small tear leaked out of my eye and I wiped it away quickly. He yanked his arm back and turned away from me. My lips were trembling and I stood there in shock. A couple of tears leaked out of my eyes now. I didn't bother stopping them. Instead, I grabbed my bag from the seat, and stormed out of the auditorium, ignoring my friends calling my name. The only thing I could think was, déjà vu much?

Seb's P.O.V.

I watched as Abby went to go talk to Nathan. I really didn't want her to get hurt by him again. Every one of us were so protective of her. Even my little sister. Once I teased Abby when she came over my house for a party and it just so happened that my little sister was their when I did this. She got mad and me and told me not to tease Abby ever again. We all stood and watched as Abby talked to Nathan.

"Hey Nathan," she chirped. "Umm congratulations on getting the part for Romeo." She smiled but he didn't smile back.

"Yeah, thanks," he mutterted and turned away from her. Before he could get away Abby grabbed his arm.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked concerned.

He yanked his arm out of her grip and then looked at her and something we didn't hear.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to practice with us?" Abby mumbled.

He then said something to her, that was too low for any of us to here. I saw confusion and hurt on Abby's face. He turned away from her again, but Abby followed him and got his arm in a tight grip. He turned around and glared at her.

"I said leave me alone."

"I just wanted t-" Abby started but was cut off.

"I said leave me the hell alone Abagail!" Nathan shouted at her. Instantly the whole auditorium went quiet and all eyes were on Abby and Nathan. What the hell was his problem? I was about to make my way when Ryan stopped me. I looked at him, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Wait, I want to see what happens," he said. I glared at him.

"Why the hell would you, of all people want to see her get yelled at?" I asked, angrily.

"Just wait, she can handle herself."

"I-I j-just wanted t-to make sure y-you were o-okay," she stuttered.

"Well don't. I said leave me alone. I don't want to hear shit from you," he yelled. He yanked his arm out of her grip and turned away from Abby. By this point my blood was boiling. That freakin' asshole! Before I could make my way towards Abby, she grabbed her bag from the seat and stormed out of the auditorium, ignoring our calls from her. I was beyond pissed now!

I walked up to Nathan. He turned around and glared at me.

"You stupid asshole!" I yelled. I pushed as hard as I could and he stumbled back a bit, but before he could do anything I flipped him off and started sprinting after Abby. As I was exiting the auditorium, I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw Kate, Hanna, Sarah, and Ryan. Before the door could close I heard Nathan shout.

"Of course you would chase after that bitch!" Hearing him say that made me even more angry! Thank God, Mrs.Hart went out for something. I stalked my way towards a smirking Nathan and did the thing I've been wanting to do since the first time he hurt Abby. I pulled my fist back and hit him square in the jaw. Damn that felt good! I smirked and stalked out of the auditorium. I walked out and got into my car. Abby's car was long gone by now. When I got there, so did everybody else. We opened the gate and made our way into the driveway. We didn't bother knocking, we just went in. We all made our way into the house and upstairs to Abby's room. When we got in, she was curled up in a little ball and sobbing her heart out. It broke my heart to see her like that.

"I'm so stupid," she sobbed. "I-I can't b-believe I forgave h-him t-that easily."

Before I could wrap my arms around her, Ryan did the job. He's always seen Abby as the little sister he didn't have. She kept on crying. I wanted to hold her in my arms. Ryan must've noticed something wrong with me because he gestured for me to go and hold Abby. I didn't hesitate. I wrapped my arms around her and let her cry to her hearts content. After a while I heard her breathing coming out slower, so I knew that she must've fallen asleep.

I tried to move without waking her but I didn't succeed. She woke up and her beautiful chocolate brown eyes stared at my sky blue eyes. I smiled at her sadly. She gave me a weak smile back.

"You okay Abby?" Hanna asked. Abby nodded.

"Your sure Abby?" Sarah and Kate asked at the same time. She nodded again.

"I'm just going to wash my face," Abby mumbled quietly. We all nodded. Kate, Sarah, Ryan, and Hanna made their way downstairs. I stayed behind and waited for Abby to come out of her en-suite. I looked at the nightstand and saw a picture of all of us. It was a group picture we took together. We asked a random stranger if they could take a picture of all of us at the beach. It was just a couple months agao, during the summer. I heard a door open and Abby came out. I stood up and walked to her.

"You sure your okay Abby?" I asked softly. She looked at me and then all of a sudden burst into more tears. She wrapped her arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around her shoulders.

"I'm not okay," she whispered. I hugged her tighter to me. I can't believe Nathan! He's such an ass. I'm so glad I decided to punch him. He had it coming. He deserved it and I don't regret.

"Shh it's okay Abby, I'm here for you okay," I said softly. I felt her nod against my chest. "Come on let's go downstairs and watch some movies." She nodded again and we went downstairs to find everybody already watching a movie. Throughout the movie nobody talked to Abby, nor did she talk to us. We all kept throwing glances at her as if she was going to burst into more tears at any second. Before we knew it, it was already dark out. Everybody except me left. They all asked Abby if she was okay. She kept nodding, but we could tell she wasn't. I stayed behind to keep her company for a bit more. I didn't want her out of my arms. After about another hour I was ready to say bye when Abby stopped me.

"Can you stay with me?" She whispered quietly. She blushed and then looked down. I smiled a small smile and lifted her head so that I could look into her brown eyes.

"Yes," I answered quietly. She smiled and then we went on watching television.

"I'm hungry," Abby stated. She got up and left to the kitchen. I followed after her. She started going thorugh the cabinets until she finally found what she wanted. She pulled out a box of Mac n' Cheese. I laughed and helped her cook it. She took out a pot to boil water in. She poured the water and then after it was hot poured the pasta in. When she started stirring the pasta I slowly eased my way behind her. I put my right hand on hers and my left hand on her shoulder. She looked up at me and smiled while I helped her stir. I smiled back and then leaned in to give her a kiss. I kissed her soft lips. She kissed me back and then turned so that we were chest to chest. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist. She pulled away and gave me a kiss on the cheek before finishing the food.

We ate in her room and watched her favorite show, Friends. We were watching the episode 'The One With The Unagi', we laughed and had fun. Slowly I saw how the sadness was fading from her facial expressions. I got up and walked downstairs to go put the dishes in the sink. I returned and saw Abby laughing at Ross getting his butt kicked by Rachel and Phoebe.

"Hey Abby, I'm going to head off. You going to be okay?" She looked at me with a confused face.

"I thought you were going to stay with me?" She asked. Now it was my turn to look confused. She saw my expression and sighed. "I meant stay, as in stay the night."

"You want me to stay?"

"You've stayed before, so why not now?" That was true, we used to stay over each other's houses all the time. But this time it was just me and her, alone.

"Okay," I whispered suddenly nervous.

"Great," she chirped with a small smile. "I have some of your stuff. You left it here the last time, so I took the liberty in washing it and keeping it just in case." I nodded and made my way towards her bed. I sat on it and she snuggled into me. I smiled. I liked having her in my arms.

"I'm going to take a shower,"Abby said getting up. I nodded and stayed on the bed, while she rummaged through her stuff. "You could use the guest bathroom. Just use one of the towels in there." I nodded and got up to go take a shower. I took a nice long shower and got dressed in the pj's I left here. I wore midnight blue pants and a white t-shirt. I made my towards Abby's room and saw that she was still in the shower.

When she came out, I swear she took my breath away. She could look beautiful in anything. She wore black pj shorts and a gray tank top. She smiled as she saw me. She turned off the television and snuggled under the covers. She patted the spot next to her and I happily got in, but boy was I nervous. She turned around so that she was facing me. God she looked so beautiful. I slowly leaned in. Before I could even lean all they way, Abby crushed her lips to mine. I responded eagerly. She wrapped her arms around my neck and mine wrapped around her waist. I rolled over so that she was under me. She pulled on my black hair, and I couldn't help the little moan that came out. She wrapped her legs around my waist, pushing me closer to her. I pulled away, to get some air. I traced little kisses down her neck and sucked on her skin just below her earlobe. She moaned and that little sound drove me crazy. I smashed my lips back to hers. She trailed her hands down my back and lifted up my shirt. I pulled away. This was going way too fast. I'm sure she's not ready for anything like that. I kissed her one more time and rolled off of her. We were both breathing hard.

"Sorry," Abby and I mumbled at the same time. I pulled her into my arms and she layed her head on my chest. That was way too fast. We haven't even gone out on a date. I didn't even know where our friendship stood. I mean we kissed, a lot, and I haven't even asked her out. I wanted her to be my girlfriend. I've always have. But we needed to start off slow.

"Abby?" I whispered.

"Hmm?" She mumbled. She pulled away to look into my eyes.

"Can I ask you something?"

She smirked and said, "You just did."

"Don't be a smartass A," I said, using the nickname I gave her. She smiled when I said her nickname.

"Just kidding, but go ahead and ask me whatever you want to ask me."

I gulped and quietly said, "Will you go out on a date with me?"

***************************************

Song Of The Chapter: Heavy In Your Arms by Florence and the Machine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 264 31
Ellie is a Senior in High School and she hasn't been in the social circle. Well more like she's not planning to be, but with her best friend Cassie a...
210 81 8
{ WEEKLY UPDATES RESUME FROM 15 MAY'24 } ❝Breaking up High School Sweethearts? Horrible; But breaking up Best friends-turned-High School Sweethearts...
1K 552 30
"𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴" 𝘐 𝘨𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘓𝘶𝘤𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗- 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛-𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝙸𝚜𝚊𝚋𝚎�...
886 76 42
"𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙞𝙣, 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙚𝙙 𝙝...