Winter Flame [Book 4] | Penta...

Por heymello

The fourth book to Heymello's Pentagon series! Starting from 'Maybe Tomorrow' to 'Summer Detour' & 'All This... Mais

Winter Flame #4
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
After Us #5 (Preview)

Chapter 12

428 39 12
Por heymello

Chapter 12
Will You?

____________

[[ JIYOO ]]

The next day when I was leaving for college, I almost had a heart attack by seeing Seunghyub outside my doorstep. "Yah! What the heck!" I exclaimed, clutching my chest.

He wore a straight face. "Are you avoiding me?" He asked.

I swallowed, "What?"

"You are."

I forced myself to grin, "Aye, what are you talking about? I was just busy. You know, I get so busy when I'm studying and I'm working at the library."

He slid his hands inside his jean pockets. "So, why are you avoiding me?"

"I wasn't you avoiding you!" I said defensively. "Also, I'm late. I have to go. Bye!" I walked past him, waving my hand.

"See? You are avoiding me." He said again. He caught up beside me and ranted as we walked, "Are you being like this because you've met other people? Mijin told me she saw you with someone in the coffee shop. It's been almost two weeks and it's November and I never received a call or text from you. What's a short text to ask your best friend how he's doing? Aren't you being too much? Are you taking me for granted now? I literally live a few steps down from your house!"

I stopped walking and turned to him with a frown and he's pouting like a child. "Yah! Then, what about you? I live a few steps above your house. Why didn't you visit once?"

"I did, you dumbass! But everytime I went there, you weren't home. You must be really busy."

"Yeah, I've been reeeeeally busy."

He calmed down with a sigh, giving me a long look. "Do we have a problem?" He asked.

I calmed down too. "No, nothing at all." I said, walking again. I sighed, "Okay, I'm just worried Mijin might misunderstand our friendship. Your past girlfriends did. I just don't want to be the reason you lose someone again. Especially, since you seem to like Mijin a lot more than others."

His lips finally broke into a smile, "Yeah, I like her a lotㅡbut are you insane? You're my best friend. We're like siblings. She knows that."

I stopped and looked at him in the eyes. "The other girls knew too, but that didn't make them stay."

"Maybe because they simply aren't right for me. Do you think I deserve someone who wants me to distance myself from people that I care about?"

I looked down and let out another sigh. "No, butㅡoh, it hurts!" Seunghyub pinched my cheek and dragged me with him.

"Don't do that again." He said, "I'll look after you even after I get married, and have kids, and grow gray hair."

I laughed. "Okay, okay, now, let me go. I'm really late!"

He let me go and smiled. In a more serious tone he said, "I was serious. Mijin understands. I think I might just have found the right person."

I laughed at him and punched his arm. "Aigoo, our Seunghyubie is a man now!"

"Yah! I've always been! But keep it down!" He said defensively. "I don't want the whole neighborhood to fall for me."

🍂🍂

[[ CHANGGU ]]

"Help." Yanan suddenly said while we were having breakfast together in a coffee shop.

"Why? Why? What happened?" I asked, taking a pause from sipping my coffee.

"Elkie is coming here."

"What? Isn't she in China?"

He looked at me wide eyed. "Yeah, but she said they'll film here in Seoul."

I chuckled as I looked at him. "So, what? Aren't you glad you'll see your girlfriend?"

"Yeah, I'm so excited, butㅡwe just started dating before I left for Korea. I'm nervous."

I laughed at him. "Why are you so innocent? Just pick her up from the airport."

"I'm not prepared."

"Yanan!"

"Okay, okay, can I borrow your car?"

I sighed. "Fine. Just this time. I'll just take the bus."

He grinned. "Thank you, chingu!"

I gave him the car key before we separated ways. I ran to the bus stop because according to my phone app, it'll be there in three minutes and who knows if it's accurate.

When I got there, the door was almost closing. I tapped it and asked the driver to wait. "Ahjussi, please wait! Wait!" I let out a breath of relief once it opened again. I hopped on and I was finally able to catch my breath as I looked around for an empty seat, but then I saw a familiar woman by the middle of the bus, looking out the window with her earphones on.

A smile automatically formed my lips before I sat beside her. I pulled one of her earphones and plugged it in my ear. Jiyoo turned to me with a frown that quickly dissolved into surprise. "Yeo Changgu!"

I smiled at her. "Good morning." She stared at me for a while as if still in shock. I laughed, "Are you alright?"

She blinked and looked away. "Yeah, I keep getting mini heart attacks this morning."

"What? Why?"

She smiled, "Nothing. Why are you here?"

"Yanan borrowed my car."

"Ah, you're going to the law school?"

I nodded, "You, to college?"

She nodded. "I'm actually a bit late."

"Me, too." I said. We smiled at each other before we break eye contact and just listened to the music she was listening to.

I think that possibly,
maybe I'm falling for you
Yes, there's a chance
That I've fallen quite hard over you
I've seen the waters
that make your eyes shine
Now, I'm shining too

Because oh because
I've fallen quite hard over you

Jiyoo turned to me with the slightest blush on her cheeks that weren't there before. "Uh... this song," she said, giving a nervous laugh. "Seunghyubie sang this for Mijin. His girlfriend. She works in a coffee shop. Listen,"

I never knew just what it was
About this old coffee shop
I love so much
All of the while,
I never knew
All of the while,
All of the while,
It was you

I smiled at her, "So, Seunghyub-ssi has a girlfriend?"

She nodded. "Yeah, he's crazy for her." She said grinning.

I looked at her and keep smiling, and I don't know why the heck I was so happy about what I learnt. "I see," I said, trying to stop smiling.

She looked out the window and said, "I'm getting off at the next stop."

"Oh, alright." I said, handing her the earphone and giving her space to get out.

She smiled at me as the bus stops. "Have a nice day, Changguㅡ"

"Wait, take this." I said, putting the small and rectangular black envelope in her hand.

She looked at me quizzically. "What isㅡ"

"The bus door is closing! You should go!"

"Butㅡ"

"I'll explain later."

She looked at me over her shoulder once more. I waved at her. "You have a nice day too!" I said before she got off.

I let out a deep breath and collapsed on my seat.

🍂🍂

[[ JIYOO ]]

I shoved the black envelope inside my bag and ran to my first class, but all through the lecture, I couldn't stop wondering about the envelope. What is it?

As soon as it was over, I ran out of the classroom and reached for it inside my bag. I was about to open it when someone snatched it away from my hands.

"What is it?" The familiar voice asked me. Han Sera. The girl who, for some reason, had taken a liking on annoying me.

"Give it back, Han Sera." I said in a warning voice.

She smirked and I wanted so bad to rub her face on the wall like a sandpaper. Han Sera isn't just anyone. She's been my classmate since high school. For some reason, we ended up in the same college with the same major at the same freaking time. "You're so hot headed, Son Jiyoo."

"And you're still as nosy as ever. I'm warning you. Give it back."

She opened the envelope and took out what's inside. Another black paper. "You don't scare me. I know who you are." She said and looked down at the letter, her eyes widening.

My brows furrowed. "Do you want me to sue you for invasion of privacy?"

But she didn't have a smart remark or an annoying return. She looked at me, still wide eyed. Actually, her jaw dropped. "Yah... youㅡ"

"Pick up your jaw. You don't want a fly getting inside your mouth." I said, snatching the letter back.

"How did you get an invitation to YULS Ball?"

"The what?" I asked, looking down at the letter.

We invite you to Yonsei University Law School Grand Ball of 2019...

"That's a grand ball. Only Yonsei's Law School does them every year. And it's hard to get an invitation because only law students are allowed." She explained with envy in her voice. "Did you steal that?"

I chuckled, folding the letter again. "Crazy girl. Whatever invitation I get is none of your business. I'll get going. I'm sure you have more things to do other than sticking your nose on other people's business." I said and waved once before leaving for my next classㅡwith a smile on my face.

Is Changgu inviting me to the ball?

🍂🍂

Jiyoo:
an invitation to YULS grand ball?

Changgu:
Yeah 😅

Changgu:
i wasn't really thinking
of going...

Changgu:
If you go with me,
I might go 😅

Changgu:
Will you?

Changgu:
oh jeez. sorry for spamming

A laugh escaped my lips. I cleared my throat as people in the library looked at me. "I'm sorry..." I apologized before typing a reply.

Jiyoo:
Can I think about it first?

Changgu:
Of course!

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

56.3K 3.4K 33
Hyunjoo goes out to the world to find herself. Surely, she wouldn't find what she's looking for in a guy who lives in a van, right? ________ ________...
15.8K 490 30
"pentagon cha cha cha~" pentagon one-shots, short stories, scenarios, reactions, etc! stuff about the boys! (yay) © 2018
38.9K 1.4K 27
When the forbidden fate of an apocalypse brings her towards four handsome boys in Daegu; she builds bonds that she never dreamed of having. One becom...
10.1K 148 18
some pentagon imagines and reactions pentagon requests are open my first time writing have fun