His Target

By coco_lover

The very day Ruby breaks up with her boyfriend, that they have been dating for two years, she gets raped not... More

His Target
He Happened
Hospital
Carter
His Helpers
Who's My Mom?
He is in my Dreams
Viral
He Still Haunts Me
Are you My Mother?
Check Up
Because I Still Love You
Shower
Lighten Up
Comforter
First Day
The Call
Clinic
Bad Luck, Farmers, and Guns
My Confession
House Arrangements
Reunited
Zoning Out
Flying Fast
Decisions
Too Early to Make Choices
Grandma
I Want Her
Don't Lose Her
Our Kiss
Three Months Notice
Leaving Utah
Bus Ride
Welcome To Colorado
Judging Eyes
Settling In
Typical
Cafe
Lance
Birth Plan
Growing Big
Diabetes Is Real
Kennocha Kalila
Rest In Peace
Home Alone
Trisha! Kalila!
Welcome Little Kalila
Here Comes the Bride

Caught

1.6K 63 12
By coco_lover

            Jerik looks up to me with puffy eyes trying to speak but he just looks down again looking destroyed. But my weakness is getting worse, luggin myself up I can hardly keep my head up, and if I cant keep my head up then you better guess I cant keep my head up I cant keep my body up. Collapsing to the floor completely and utterly weak. The guys shoes scuff against the floor rushing to my side, my body begins to shake terribly from the chill and I can hardly keep consciousness. “Ruby are you okay? Call 9-1-1!” Jerik barks laying me on my side, suddenly everything goes dark.

Jerik POV

            Her eyes roll to the back of her head and she begins seasing, and hard too. This could hurt the baby! Quickly turning to her side while Terrance calls for an ambulance I try anything to make it stop but it doesn’t. Blood now seeps from her mouth along with foam. All of us begin to panic trying to stop her, holding her arms, and legs so they stop moving but the amount of force into the seazing could break her bones.

            Then she suddenly stops, the bell rings to next period but Darrien is already prepaired and warding off people. This cannot be happening, how did she just have a seizure? How did she pass out? This is just absurd! The coaches are coming in persistant and demanding but once they see her on the ground they all rush to our aid. “What is wrong? What happened to her?” They panic feeling for her pulse and pushing on her stomach.

            “We don’t know she has been kind of off today, we already called the ambulance.”

            “Okay you did very well, we will go flag them down.” They are treating me as if I am a student. They quickly scurry away while I just stare at her so pale and sweat forming on her body. Soon the paramedics are charging through the gym with a duffel bag and a gurnie. Darting to my side they begin to check her throuroly.

            “What happened?” They ask not straying from their task.

            “She came out from the locker room, collapsed, then seized that’s all we know.” They nod and quickly place her still and pale body on the gournie whisking her through the croud of teenagers with phone ready taking pictures and murmering before all four of us hop into the ambulance. The paramedic, Ruby, and I. They test something weird out and letting me read the numbers, its reads 560. “What is that?” I ask them confused still looking to her so confused.

            “This is a glucose reader, its for gestational diabetes, its clearly positive. With a high glucose like this is why she is having these symptoms, cold sweats, small shakes, and the seizure. But we don’t know why she had it she doesn’t seem to match any of the causes.” They both shake their heads confused but my shaky hand trails into hers holding it tightly, so many bad things keep happening to her. A tear falls from my eye, she cant keep going through all of this, but this means that she might be able to stay longer here and not have to go to her grandmothers house. The ride is so much more bumpy now, going over large bumps and such making things shift around in the ambulance.

            There are loud sirens now all around us and the ambulance goes much faster, I guess that was an okay to go faster? The ambulance suddenly stops sending me forwards almost on top of Ruby but the back flys open and everyone scrambles out. Everything is so hectic and confusing, she now has diabeties? Hopping out I begin to race after them into the elevator, watching her soft face so intently I see it stir. “Ruby? Are you feeling okay?” Asking her softly, soon her eyes squint open faintly but then they close all over again. Hearing the ding of the elevator the doors soon slide open nicely and we are darting out again with a whole new team of nurses and doctors.

            “We can take it from here thank you.” The doctors say rolling her out of my safe grasp. Her fingers trailing over my palm weakly, as nurses hold me back from her. I feel so weak and destroyed, not one more thing needs to go wrong. My phone rings desperately distracting me from my gaze and I wiggle from the nurses headed to the waiting room chairs, which are not comfortable.

            “Hello?” Asking, tears are at the brim of falling over but I hold them in so no one gets concerned, manly thing to do.

            “Hi is Ruby available? I was wondering if I needed to buy her ticket for her?” Her grandmother asks seeming rather excited about this, but that is when I crack, the tears flow uncontrollably before I have a chance to reply. “What is wrong? What happened to her?” She asks demanding yet broken at the same time.

            “S-she…had a seizure today…They said she has diabetes so it’ll be a while before she is coming over there.” She gasps loudly and I hear a lot of shuffling making me confused.

            “I will be down there shortly, what hospital are you at?” Thinking hard I cant seem to remember what hospital that we arrived at, searching around to the reception desk it has the name right on it, im so dumb!

            “Trenton Waters Hospital.” Soon the phone line ends, she left already, its so strange right now, ugh!

            Letting my hands fall down in my hands the tears fall down more viciously, why wont they let me in the room? Its not like I did anything to her! My phone buzzes a bit again but just for a text, thankfully. Jerik where are you two? ~Mom

            We are at Trenton Waters Hospital, she had a seizure, we just got here and they wont let me in. ~Jerik

            On my way! ~Mom

            Usually she says ‘we are on our way’ but she didn’t, maybe she really is bringing them all but didn’t have the time to type it? “Jerik?” A voice calls out sounding frantic, looking up I see our tech teacher, tie loose, his vest jacket hanging over his arm, he is a wreck.

            “What are you doing here?” Standing up to my feet I tower over him easily, he doenst look intimidated at all.

            “I work with Ruby’s father, he asked me to look after her during the school year, how is she?” I don’t really know if I trust this guy, he does look a lot like the description of him, even if he was in a hoddie to hide his face.

            “Why don’t I belive you?” He looks like I just stabbed him and  hard, but then he sighs throwing his head down.

            “Is this because she thinks I am her rapist? Yeah it was embarising being handcuffed in front of the students and escorted away from the school, but I understand that she was scared and desperately wanting to have him locked up. But he isn’t me, we are two completely different people.” But if they are he wouldn’t have the tattoo on his waist, they didn’t look for that now did they?

            “Pull up your shirt.” Snapping he looks a bit offended, but why I just asked him a simple question.

            “What-“

            “I said…pull up your damn shirt!” Snapping once again he quickly pulls up his shirt, searching both sides of his waist, if I didn’t search hard enough I wouldn’t have been able to catch it, but I did, a small corner of a tattoo, but most of it is covered by his high rised pants. I tug it down slightly and that’s when I see it, on his right side, a heart with numbers that read 0788. Coming back to look into his dark eyes he only smiles evily.

            “Yeah so I may have lied, I did rape her, and it was good too. But I didn’t know that it would have gotten her pregnant, but now I want the baby, and when she has it, its gonna be mine.” But anger rises in me too much, he hurt her! He did all of this to her! My fist strikes hard against his soft face, people around me gasp but this isn’t enough. My fist pounds down on his face once again before I scream.

            “Call 9-1-1, he is the rapist!” Hopping down onto him I pound again, and again seeing the blood just pour from his face.

            “Jerik what are you doing?” My mother screams, with all my brothers following behind her. Grabbing ahold of his blood covered throat I squeeze tightly so he doesn’t get loose.

            “Its him, he is the rapist! He did this to her!” I scream once again and punch him so hard a loud crack fills the room and some of the nurses let off small shrieks. But now he doesn’t fight back, he is unconscious.

            “No he isn’t, the poor man is her teacher!” Everyone just stands there gawking at what I just did, with all the blood.

            “Mom he has the tattoo! And he admitted it to me! Believe me damn it mother! He did that to her!” Lile races next to me pulling up the tucked in shirt showing his tattoo, once he sees it tears roll down his face, he punches the guy as much in the gut as he can without hitting me.

            “Mom this is the guy.” Lile projects through his gritted teeth, but no one knows what to say nor do. Soon a whole team of officers come running in guns armed, so I quickly hop off the man, if that’s what you call a rapist, and they come investigate it.

            “I swear this is the rapist, he admitted it to me.” Holding my hands up one officer grabs my wrist spinning me up against the firm wall holding my arm high up against my back.

            “Take crippled away, just going to make sure he doesn’t do anything else.” This officer sneers in my ear loudly, but my shoulder and elbow are screaming at me with the force of my arm being shoved up my back. I am just glad that they caught him, he is done for, he is gone and now Ruby doesn’t have to worry about anything anymore.

____________________________

Hey guys sorry I havent uploaded in a while, I think this chapter is horrible, not my best work, please comment and vote guys I really want to know how i am doing. I wont ask this often, it wont kill you to comment. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34 0 10
Chelsea is 20. she really wants a kid but she doesn't have a boyfriend. she can't go thru adoption cuz she has a criminal record from her past. one n...
723 22 24
This story follows Katie through the final months of her senior year in high school. Her nonexistent relationship with her mother doesn't stop her fr...
6.1K 350 9
After losing his mother, Rylie Collins returns to her hometown for his senior year, battling grief and a chaotic home life with his father's gambling...
25.3K 524 19
It's now or never, I tell myself as I stand warily outside his front door. I need to get this over and done with. Asia Barrett started a fresh year a...