Prices to Pay//Michael Langdon

By DontPromiseMeTonight

"I'm more powerful than you think, Michael," Natalie has always known of her powers, and she's always felt a... More

The Boy Next Door
Healing Properties
Teach Me Please
Planning
The First Lesson
Expectations
The Dream
Return To Murder House
A Common Understanding
Confrontation
Where is John Henry Moore?
Humanity
Conditions
Hail Satan
Let Her Go
Papa
Queen
Ocean Blue
Who's the Alpha?
Two Can Play
Harder
Satisfaction of Saying No
Short and Sweet
An Apple A Day
The Last Fight
Stronger Attractions
Goodbye

Michael's Hell

1.3K 26 2
By DontPromiseMeTonight

"If you are neither on my side nor hers, why are you helping me?" He asks smirking.

"Honestly, Michael, I have no idea."

The Next Month...

"When are you going to teach me anything? I've been doing the same fucking things for weeks now!" Michael screams at me aggravated.

"Need I remind you, you killed an innocent couple just wanting to move into a house?" I say being as patient as possible.

"That was before I even met you, how can you hold it against me?" He asks me and I roll my eyes.

"You vanished their souls, Michael!" I say fuming, "How could you not hold yourself accountable?"

"Do you want me to bring them back? You know I'm capable, I just want to learn from you Natalie and you're making this so difficult." He says rubbing his eyes.

"Don't you dare cry on me, it's what you always do," I say sighing.

"I'm frustrated okay?" He says calming down.

"If you really wished to learn so bad then you would be teaching yourself, why do you need me to teach you?" I ask and he looks up at me and glares.

"How am I supposed to learn anything if I don't even know what I'm doing?" He asks me and I roll my eyes.

"Figure it out, Michael! I did it, Cordelia did it." I say.

"I don't want to talk about her." He says and turns away from me.

"When our plan goes through, she will be your supreme. You need to learn how to respect her, and then, in time, you will prove yourself to be more powerful." I say. "Everything takes time, no matter how important it is."

Michael and I have been arguing nonstop for the past few weeks because of how desperately he wants to learn. He refuses to accept that he does not need me as a teacher, I am only but a mentor. I'm starting to feel like his mother, even though I am pretty sure we are around the same age.

We are currently in the same house that his own mother tried to kill him, and for once, I don't think Michael's reaction to his mother ambushing him is extreme or wrong. If it were me I would have done the same thing. I would have set the bitch on fire. Then again, I understand her reasoning too. I'm neutral.

I can see all of the spirits, so I feel pretty safe. I know what they're doing at all times, but somehow, even though Michael can't always see them, he knows what they're doing too.

I have had the chance to talk with his mother and his supposed father, and honestly, I do not know exactly what Michael is. All I know is that he is a spawn of the devil, and I don't know why but I'm accepting it.

Michael doesn't understand himself, he does things that he doesn't mean to do and harms every single person in his path, but somehow managed to miss me. I'm incredibly surprised that I'm not dead... yet.

Usually when I touch people and other witches I can see all of the bad that they have done in the past, not with Michael. When I touch Michael, I see our future, together. Something isn't right about it though. Our future is full of fire and fury, and it takes place underground where the academy is. It's a literal hell for a select few, but heaven for Michael and I. When I touch him, I see him and me in the midst of the world coming to an end, I see the population almost completely vanish. I don't think Michael even knows of his true intentions, but why would I try to prevent it?

I've had my good moments with him and a lot of bad ones. Sometimes he gets so angry and flustered that he tries to punish me by throwing me, but he always ends up apologizing immediately after. We have a relationship full of domestic violence, but we never ever leave each other's side. Although, when I think of Michael I think of all of the bad things that he has done, he is a big softie. It's so odd that he cares so much, but he does. He loves being appreciated, he loves attention, and he loves and values whatever family he can hold onto. Lately, I've been the only family that he has, other than that old bitch Miriam. I don't know why he still likes her, I'm the only one that he truly needs. I'm not ashamed to say that maybe I am a little bit too jealous and a little bit too overprotective over him, but no one knows him as well as I do. She doesn't deserve his companionship, she deserves to watch from a distance at best. Some nights he even leaves me to go to her house, he leaves me alone for hours at a time without telling me where he is going.

With all of my time dazing off into the clouds, I haven't even noticed that Michael is lying on the floor. His eyes are moving rapidly beneath his eyelids, and I know exactly what he's doing. He's descending himself into Hell, he's trying to bring the two women back. Stupid mistake on his part, he can't. As much as I hate to say it, it's absolutely impossible for the soul to be vanished and then go to Hell, but I love and appreciate the effort that he is putting in. Let's just hope he makes it out alive, I know he can.

Right now would be the perfect time to prevent the inevitable from happening, I could kill him where he lays but I do not want to. For my own selfish reasons, I have been invested with this man all of his life and for most of my teenage years, I can't just give up on him like that.

I decide to set a timer for twenty-three hours, giving me an hour to spare in the case that he does not awake. Spending the rest of my lonely morning, night, and day I clean up around the house, what is the maid even doing? She can't clean worth a damn!

The whole night I keep a close eye on Michael and the other spirits in case one of them decides to be an opportunist. I grow more worried and worried by the second that Michael will not make it out in time, but I continue to go about my night and try to forget about it.

After a long day of stress and tidying up Michael's house, I decided to get some rest. I take a seat on the couch, and soon after, I doze off.

I wake up to an alarm at four A.M., has it really already been twenty-three hours? Usually, when I wake up I am slow and irritable, but I immediately spring up from the couch to see Michael still lying on the floor. My mind goes into fight or flight mode and it is now my time to try and wake Michael up from his trance.

"Michael wake up!"

"You have to wake up now or you will be stuck there for eternity,"

"Please wake up!"

Those were many of the things I screamed at him as I stood over his body shaking as hard as I could, I've gained no response from him. I'm afraid that he is stuck in a loophole that he cannot climb out of, the only thing left to do is go with him. I didn't want to have to do it, but I must descend into his hell as well in order for us both to come out alive. By this time I'm already shedding tears, terrified of the possibility that I may lose him.

I lie on the ground next to him and hold his hand, preparing to send myself to his exact location. I couldn't live on without him, and this is my last resort and only option. Meditating on the ground, I feel myself sink deeper and deeper into a pitch black pit. I say a simple, but deceivingly complex, spell and I float down into what appears to be Michael's Hell.

As I enter his Hell, I see many of the same spirits of this house, and then I see myself. We are all in a line, Tate, Vivien, Constance Langdon, Miriam, and myself. Michael is faced across from us with a knife in his hand, he is shaking. He is in so much pain that he is shedding tears like an enormous waterfall. "Do it, now." I hear a voice echo, it's coming from behind Mr. Langdon.

"No!" He says sobbing. "Please, please don't make me do this!" He screams at the women controlling his Hell.

I look behind him to see the supreme, Cordelia Goode. "Michael, you don't have a choice, so if I were you I'd do it now before I make you do it fifty times more!" She says in a voice that could frighten anyone. He looks back at her, eyes overfilling over and over again, and walks towards the line.

The first in the thread is Tate, he holds his face in his hands and prepares to say his final words to him. Tate spits in his face, vowing that he is not Michael's father. "I'm so sorry, Dad, I'm so sorry," He says crying as he slits his father's throat. He watches him fall to the ground and bleed out of the wound that Michael had created. Next in line, he sees his mother, "I'm sorry Mom, I can't save you from me," He says crying even more as he gashes her arms. Once again he watches her body go limp and watches her as she struggles to breathe, he wants to look away but he can't. I start to cry as I feel all of his emotions, he hates himself. He can't drag himself out of this hell, I'm going to have to do it for him. "Grandma?" He asks and hugs her as tight as he can, but then she disappears into thin air.

"I do not wish to see you, Michael," She says vanishing. Collapsing on the ground he calls for his grandmother, feeling an unbearable pain.

"Get off the ground and finish your job," Cordelia says behind him. As she lashes him, he screams out not wanting to continue on.

He stands up off of the ground and sees the next person in line, Miriam. "Hail Satan!" She says cheerfully, she is the only one who goes out with pride as he murders her.

Next person I see is myself, I'm begging for my life. "Please don't do this Michael," I say as I'm crying. "Please," I whisper, whimpering slightly.

He holds my face and starts crying as hard as ever, "I love you," He says as he pulls me into a kiss.

Letting his lips linger on mine for a few seconds, he pulls back. "Please!" I scream, but he stabs me in the chest. Watching myself fall to the ground, I decide that it's finally time to get the fuck out of here. "Michael, let's go, now!" I scream to him, and he snaps out of his trance. He runs towards me and I lead him towards a door, we walk towards the light and both wake up in his house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 259 42
"Don't go inside! Stay!" She said, holding her hand up to show me her palm and then I leaned over the balcony, resting my forearms on the railing to...
25.2K 663 69
Ricky Bowen, Nini Salazar-Roberts, E.J. Caswell, and Gina Porter are a group of friends that are part of a bigger group of friends. Their all enroll...
205 69 82
10 years into the future four sisters discover they have unusual super powers. While reading the journals of their recently deceased mother she super...
26.5K 1.2K 13
Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction using characters from the American Horror Story world, which is trademarked by Twentieth Century Fox Film C...