The False Hope (Attack on Tit...

By Panilith

The person who lives to create, he who seeks to know, and damned to be used by others own greed and selfishne... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Lost Hope
Chapter 2: That Day I Was Reborn
Chapter 3: The False Light in The Despair
Chapter 4: The New Era Begins
Chapter 5: Battle for Trost
Chapter 7: The Bonds We Share
Chapter 8: New Bond and A Shattered Heart
Chapter 9: The Mask Cracks
Chapter 10: A Way Out
Chapter 11: A Broken Reflection
Chapter 12: Standing Back Up
Chapter 13: Returning To The Cage
Chapter 14: Forever Together
Chapter 15: The Broken and The Rebellious
Chapter 16: My Freedom
Chapter 17: Ikaros
Chapter 18: The Old Age Ends And A New Begins

Chapter 6: Courtroom Drama

5.5K 167 52
By Panilith

(Y/n) = Your name

(F/n) = Fake name

(F/c) = Favorite color

(H/c) = Hair color

(S/c) = Skin color

Third Person P.O.V

Everyone stared at the train with wonder as they never seen such a mechanical beast before. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin looked towards (Y/n) curiously as he walked towards the front of the very large train as the door opened on the platform on the side of the train to reveal a girl with green eyes and short red hair with a bronze hairpin that was shaped like a circle with an X in the middle along with a strange black and bronze goggles similar to the ones (Y/n) uses when in his workshop. She wore a dirty white tank top that exposed her stomach to reveal her muscular abs and arms. Around her waist was her white robe with its sleeves dangling there along with dirty white pants. Her hands had green gloves over them and she walked around in green boots.

She wiped her forehead with a piece of cloth as it was clear to everyone looking at her that she was sweating heavily and was allowing the winds from on top of the wall to hit her.

(Y/n): "Yukina~ how was she?" he called out to her.

The girl whose name was Yukina looked down towards (Y/n) and walked over to the ladder attached to the platform and slide down it. She walked over to (Y/n) until she was in front of him to reveal that she was taller than him.

Yukina: "She's running smoothly for now but the Garrison is going to need to place resupply stations along the wall with coal and water." she told him.

Everyone watched as the two began talking about the train with words they never heard of before like speaking tubes, tender, engine, boiler, and so many other words. They couldn't make sense of any of it as the two of them walked towards the three with (Y/n)'s arm around Yukina as support.

(Y/n): "Armin, follow us." he told his surprise friend as they walked towards a few Garrison officers.

Armin stood there still in surprise before snapping out of it and began following behind the two listening into their conversation attempting to understand. Eren was about to follow them but was stopped by Commander Pixis, who wanted to talk with him for a moment. Mikasa decided to go with Armin since Commander Pixis only wanted to talk with Eren alone. When they arrived, they began going through the plan and Armin made some suggestions before realizing that he was speaking out of place.

Armin: "I-I'm sorry. It's not my place as a recruit to say anything." he apologized.

Garrison Officer: "Forgot that. Continue explaining." he said wanting to hear him out.

Armin: "R-Right. Titans generally attack in response to larger groups of people, so if we could take advantage of that and act as bait to group them close to the wall, I believe we could keep them away from Eren with minimal contact overall. Furthermore, the baited Titans can later be taken care of with cannons preventing any unnecessary casualties. However, we can't just leave Eren unguarded, so I believe we should have a small, elite squad escort him. All that said, we cannot avoid fighting the Titans that enter through the hole. It'll be up to the abilities of the elite squad at that point. We can use the train as support from the wall with all of its cannons to help clear some of the Titans." he announced to everyone.

Garrison Officer: "Okay, understood. Let's replan using that as a basis." he told them.

Armin: "But this plan assumes that Eren can reliably carry the boulder and seal the hole. I'm hesitant about carrying out the plan with that uncertainty in mind." he told him truthfully.

Garrison Officer: "True, there's something to be said about putting soldiers at risk when the foundation of a plan is anything but reliable. But Commander Pixis's reasoning is valid as well." he stated.

Garrison Officer Two: "Right. We also need to worry about time. Even as we speak, the Titans continue to invade. As more make their way into the town, recapturing it will become impossible." she pointed out.

Garrison Officer: "Not to mention, the chance that Wall Rose is breached increases as well." he stated.

Garrison Officer Two: "And lastly... there's a limit to how long people can act with fear as their driving force." she announced to them.

With that in mind, they all began getting to work with Yukina and (Y/n) telling soldiers to carry the new ammunition for the howitzers near the train so that the train personal can take it inside. Commander Pixis has got together his best soldiers to go through their mission with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin nearby.

Armin: "Eren, I'm sorry. In the end, I made you bear all the responsibility." he apologized to him.

Eren: "Remember what I said? You have the ability to see out the right answers. I'll bet on that." he told him.

Mikasa: "Eren, I should come-" she tried telling him.

Eren: "Don't say you're coming with me. You were assigned to the luring unit, right?" he pointed out.

Mikasa: "But... I can't leave you alone. If you're alone, you'll-" she tried reasoning.

Eren: "Cut it out already! I'm neither your little brother nor a kid! I've said this already!" he announced to her angerly.

Mikasa looked down sadly right before another Garrison Officer ran over to them to inform her that she was going to be apart of the elite squad that was going to defend Eren. She only nodded her head and the three went to their places. Eren and Mikasa ran towards where the rest of their squad including Kurome was only to see them climbing up the ladder at the front of the train. They ran over and climbed aboard and entering the inside of the train. All of them were amazed by the metallic interior of the train and began looking around to spot Yukina and (Y/n) near a bunch of levers and pipes.

Yukina: "Loading is complete. Preparations are complete. Tracks are clear... we're all good to go." she said to (Y/n).

(Y/n) nodded and walked over to the pipes and opened it.

(Y/n): "Attention! Attention! Iron Chariot is about to launch in sixty seconds! Man your stations!" he announced into the pipe before closing it.

Eren looked on with excitement as if he found a new toy. Kurome had a head start and moved passed him to get to (Y/n). Eren quickly walked behind her and down the small stairs towards the two with Mikasa trailing behind them. Kurome quickly pulled (Y/n) into a hug which he flinched in pain as his ribs began to hurt but he said nothing not wanting to scare Kurome. Just than Eren walked up to them much to Kurome annoyance and opened his mouth.

Eren: "Hey (F/n)! What is that?" he asked (Y/n) pointing at the pipe.

(Y/n) looked towards the pipe in confusion before realizing that Eren or Mikasa has never seen speaking tube before. He was ecstatic and began explaining to them that it allowed him to talk to people from other parts of the train to relay a message or give orders. He began going into a passionate conversation until Yukina stood up from her seat and smacked him in the top of the head making Kurome furious but she remains quiet not wanting to lose it in front of (Y/n).

(Y/n): "Owwwie... that was mean Yukina." he complained as Kurome began rubbing his head softly.

Yukina: "He needs to focus on the mission because we're starting." she announced before seating back down.

With that being said, she pulled a lever and the train began propelling forward all releasing smoke into the air. Everyone in the room could feel the heat that the train was generating and understood why Yukina was dressed the way she was. It was too hot and most of them began leaving the inside of the train and allowed Yukina and the other staff members to work. They walk out onto the platform on the side of the train and looked out to see the train was moving forward along the wall as the railroad switch was pulled previously to allow the train to circle around Trost.

They stood there looking down to the city and wonder if the plan would really work. Eren stood next to (Y/n)and Kurome as he nervously asked him about the train to ease his nerves.

Eren: "So (F/n)? Who is she?" he asked curiously.

(Y/n): "Yukina? She's my assistant/apprentice. She used to be with engineering but I needed people who could help build the train. She kinda forced her way into becoming my apprentice but I honestly enjoy having her under my wing. I know that one day she will be my equal or surpass me." he said smiling and nodding his head.

Eren was in disbelief and began complimenting (Y/n) on his creation, Mikasa saw this and walked over to them to stand between the two. When (Y/n) saw Mikasa staring down at him, his heart began beating rapidly and he quickly moved around her and behind Eren shaking in fear as he remembered what happened a few hours ago.

Flashback

Mikasa slowly turned around and lifted one of her blades and pointed it directly at (Y/n). She only stared at him with her cold eyes as (Y/n) began shaking in fear. He felt as if Mikasa was about and was willing to kill him at that moment.

Mikasa: "I don't need some useless Goddess telling me what to do." she stated before jumping off the roof and making her way to the HQ.

Present

A part of him knew that when push comes to shove, Mikasa would be willing to end his life if he crossed her. That and the words she said cut deep into his soul. He needed time to think about everything but he wanted to be as far from Mikasa as possible. Eren saw his friend strange behavior towards Mikasa and wondered what happened between the two, but Mikasa, on the other hand, paid no mind to the frightened (Y/n) as Kurome walked over to him and pulled him away from Eren and hug him once again to try and calm the scared boy.

Mikasa: "Eren, are you feeling okay?" she ask him.

Eren: "Yeah." he said slightly annoyed.

Mikasa: "Eren-" she tried to say.

Eren: "I'm telling you I'm fine! A lot better when we were cornered earlier. But I'm not the one you should be asking. It's clear that (F/n)-sis is not-" he tried to say after interrupting Mikasa.

When he tries to finish his sentence, a rather short woman walked between him and Mikasa. She has shaggy, cheek length, platinum blonde hair, and silver-colored eyes. She was wearing a small framed pair of glasses. She also wears the typical uniform with the Garrison symbol on her coat with a white button-up shirt underneath. Her name was Rico Brzenska.

Rico: "Quit playing house, Yeager." she told him.

Eren: "I didn't mean to..." he replied.

That was when another member of the Garrison walked beside Eren and (Y/n). He has a short crop of brown hair and a very short beard. He wore the typical uniform with a green shirt underneath. He also had light-colored tannish eyes. He was taller than most of them. His name was Mitabi Jarnach.

Mitabi: "To think we have to entrust the fate of mankind to a spoiled kid like you." he said harshly.

Mikasa glared at the man's direction resulting in (Y/n) hiding his face completely in Kurome's breasts much to her surprise though she didn't mind it at all. The team leader of the group looked at them and shook his head. He is the tallest man there with a fairly muscular build. He had gold eyes and straight, dark blond hair parted down the middle and tucked behind his ears, reaching the lower back of his neck. His face is well defined with his cheekbones and light skin. He wore the standard Garrison uniform. His name is Ian Dietrich.

Ian: "That's enough, all of you! We're approaching the route to the boulder! From the looks of it, there are no Titans. Seems like everyone successfully lured them away." he announced as the train got closer to their stop.

Rico: "Let me tell you something, Yeager. In all likelihood, no small numbers of soldiers will lose their lives executing this plan. All for your sake. They're our fellow comrades, seniors, and juniors. Naturally, as soldiers, we're all prepared to die anytime. But you know, they're not ignorant pawns. They have names, families, and all the emotions associated with them. Alyosha, Dominic, Phine, Isabel-" she said as she continued to talk.

The moment (Y/n) heard Isabel, he had stopped shaking completely as he froze there in silence. She was the first person he cared for that died to the Titans. But she wasn't the only one, being in the Survey Corps, he befriended so many people only for two-thirds of them to never return from an expedition. He didn't want people to die, that's why he makes all his devices. To save people. But just like Mikasa said, he was useless. People keep dying even with his devices. He can't save anyone.

As he stood there quietly, the train began to come to a stop on the side of the wall closest to the giant builder. Ian looked to Rico and nodded to her. She understood what he was saying and slowly reached into her bag to grab the flaregun.

Ian: "It's here. Let's go!" he yelled as they began jumping off the train and down the wall.

(Y/n) slowly looked up to Kurome and hugged her tightly resulting in Kurome smiling down at him.

(Y/n): "Please... don't die. I don't know what I'll do if you died." he said worriedly as Rico shot a green flare into the sky.

Rico: "Let's go Kurome." she told her as she jumped off the train following her squad.

Kurome ignored her as she was too focused on (Y/n). She slowly moved both of her hands up to his face and gently caressed his cheek with her right hand.

Kurome: "I won't die. I still have you and big sis to take care of. So stay here where it's safe and remember your promise to me." she said slowly pulling away from him.

With that being said, she jumped off the side of the train and began following after the squad she was in. (Y/n) looked down worriedly as he watched them land on a roof of a church waiting for the train to clear the area of any titans. He walked over to the side of the train where several speaking tubes were at. He looked at where the boulder was at before speaking into the tube.

It didn't take long for Kurome to catch up to her temporary squad since they were standing on a building near the wall, she slowly flew down and landed next to them as they waited for around thirty seconds before they and everyone from the other side of the wall all heard a thunderous roar. They all look towards the train to see flashes of light along it as explosions erupted around the area near the boulder. This gave all the soldiers along the wall a spark of hope. They may have a chance.

(Y/n) P.O.V

I was giving orders to the different artillery train carts to give them different areas to attack after clearing the area around the boulder for any hidden Titans. I told Yukina through the speaking tube to slowly move forward along the wall so we could get a better angle to shot but warned her that most of the rails on top at the breach were destroyed earlier. Once that was done, I ordered everyone to seize firing to allow the elite squad to go in with Eren. As the train slowly moved forward, I looked down towards them with the wind blowing my hair to the side when a bright flash of blinding yellow light appeared new the boulder resulting with me covering my eyes. It only lasted for a few seconds only to fade away. What I saw when I lowered my hands to see a familiar Titan with long brown hair. That was Eren.

I couldn't help but smile when I saw him stand there letting out a battle-cry. Right as I was about to look away from him, I saw him turn away from the boulder and launched his fist at a building behind him. I didn't know what was going on until I saw a red flare flying up into the orange sky. The mission failed. Did Eren lose control? I looked back to Eren only to see him punch himself in the face as he fell back to lean against the boulder. He was down for the count.

Without him, there was no chance of sealing the breach anytime soon. But we can at least stop any more Titans coming in for a short time so long as we have ammunition. I quickly looked back to the speaking tube and remove its seal before speaking into it.

Me: "Prepare for a long battle. We will be attacking any Titans that dares to come through the breach. Don't fire unless you're certain you will kill a Titan." I said to the main speaking tube before closing it.

All I could do now was give them orders as I watch the battle unfold before me. There was nothing else I could offer. I was too injured to fight. So I watched the battle and spotted something that made me believe I was losing my mind. I rubbed my eyes and looked again. It was Eren. He was standing up and was picking up the boulder.

Me: "Eren! You can do it!" I yelled happily.

With him slowly moving to the breach, the train would be useless in providing support since there would be soldiers near the breach to defend Eren. So I have the order to begin attack Titans outside the wall so they couldn't get in. I told Yukina to get as close to the front of the breach as possible. We began raining artillery shells onto the Titans outside the wall as I was leaning over the rail on the side of the train that was overlooking the city to watch Eren walk up to the wall. I could feel tears begin to build up. We can actually beat them. He can beat them.

Me: "You can do it! You can beat the Titans! You can win, Eren!" I cried out.

In that split second, I watched as Eren let out a roar before slamming the giant boulder against the breach and successfully stop anymore Titans from coming into the city. But as he slammed the builder against the breach, I felt the wall shake and my body moving over the rail. I found myself falling down along the side of the wall with no means of surviving. I was only wearing a simple white shirt and pants with no maneuver gear since I wasn't going to fight. As I fell, I watched as a green flare flew up into the sky. We won.

I smiled as I accepted my fate and it felt as time was moving slowly. There were many things I still wanted to do. I wanted to reunite with Sonia, I want to see Sir Li again, and I want to break free from this cage. I closed my eyes and prepared myself.

?????: " Luminary!" I heard someone yell out my name.

I felt something grab ahold of me and I opened my eyes to be greeted by a very bloody and dirty Violet looking at me with a worried look on her face as she fired her anchors onto the wall and safety hung us where we were too high up for any Titan to reach us. I smiled and reach up to her face and cupped her cheek with my hand.

Me: "Violet? Why... are you so filthy?" I asked half-jokingly.

She smiles at me before slowly taking us up to the train as I flinched in pain as she suddenly moved a direction that hurt my injuries. She quickly apologized as she began asking me on how I got injured and I told her that I would explain later. So as we got up to the wall, I was greeted with the sight of Erwin, Hange, Levi and the rest of his squad. Erwin was smiling in a way that made me very nervous for some reason, Hange was examining the train as she rubbed her chin, and Levi was on the edge of the wall looking down at everyone, more specifically, he was looking at Eren.

The moment Violet set me down, I quickly rushed over to him limping and trying to ignore the horrible amount of pain I was feeling. Once I got within five feet of him, I launch myself towards him with my arms out. I was happy to see that he was alright.

Me: "Levi-bro!" I yelled out happily.

Levi turned his head towards me as I flew towards him only to be greeted with a boot to my face stopping me in my tracks and fell to the ground covering my face where there was most likely a footprint mark. I began groaning in pain from both his block and my fractured ribs, so I sat on the ground trying my hardest not to show him that I was hurt.

Levi: "Tsk, we leave for one to two days and everything has already gone to hell in our absence." he ordered.

I slowly got up only flinch when I felt a sharp pain from my ribs. Levi noticed this and walked over to me and grabbed my white shirt before pulling it up to reveal my bandages.

Levi: "Explain brat." he ordered me with a more serious expression on his face.

Before I had a chance to say anything, the sound of loud footsteps caught our attention making Levi-bro turn his head towards the city.

Levi: "You better prepare a good explanation when I come back. Let's go." he told his squad.

Petra gave me a sympathetic look as she and the rest of the squad followed after Levi-bro who had already jumped down the wall. Violet looked at me and I gestured her to go ahead since I was safe now. She was reluctant at first but nodded her head and went after them.

Erwin: "(Y/n)... so this was what you have been working on for the Garrison." he asked me.

I looked over to him to see him staring at the train like a child would with a toy they want.

Me: "Yeah... it took forever to make because of its size. But the main reason it took so long was the engine. I needed to get it to work properly, but I managed to do it in the end." I told him.

He remained quiet as he turned his head towards me with a serious expression on his face that made me felt I was on trial.

Erwin: "So that means you can finally work on the Survey Corps order?" he asked.

The two of us stared at each other in silence with the sound of Hange yelling in the background with Yukina who refuses to allow her to touch anything. I gave him a toothy smile as I lifted a thumbs up for him.

Me: "I have everything I need to begin Project Eye!" I said happily.

Erwin smiled as he walked over to me and rubbed my head with his large hand.

Erwin: "Good, I want it ready by the next expedition." he said casually making my eyes widen.

Me: "When it that?!" I asked quickly.

Erwin: "Maybe in a month or two, its too soon to determine the date." he announced to me.

Me: "B-But it took me two to three years to create the train, two months is too much work!" I tried to reason with him."

Erwin: "Then you better start working as soon as possible." he laughed walking away to board the train.

Me: "You... really are the Devil." I complained walking behind him slowly.

I complained as I began climbing up the train.

(Timeskip brought to you by (Y/n) working two days straight with no sleep)

I was currently in an underground dungeon with my braid undone to reveal my straight tailbone length (H/c) hair as I wore a white blouse with a long blue skirt and dress shoes with two Military Police soldiers and an unconscious Eren inside a locked cell. After coming out of his transformation, he has been asleep the entire time and I have been here with him the entire time. There were three reasons for why I was here, the first was because this was my punishment from Levi-bro for getting hurt, the second reason was this was the only place where I could work quietly on Project Eye and third was because the commanders asked me too for some reason. I have made several designs for it, but I don't know if any of them will work until I began working on it with Yukina.

As I continue working on the fifth blueprint on the floor, the sound of a metal door creeping open caught my attention. I look towards the door to see Erwin and Levi-bro walking in with a chair. They came over and Erwin placed the chair next to me and sat down with Levi-bro leaning against the wall.

Erwin: "Has he woken up?" he asked me.

Me: "No." I said slightly annoyed.

I haven't slept for two days because of Erwin and Eren here has been sleeping for two days making me envious. I grabbed a small pebble that was next to me and I flicked it inside the cell resulting in it hitting Eren's forehead. Surprisingly, that seemed to wake him up as he let out a loud gasp as his eyes shot open.

Levi: "Tsk, why didn't you do that in the last two days brat?" he asked me.

Me: "How was I suppose to know that would actually work, bro?!" I cried out in frustration.

I slumped my head down as I rolled up the blueprint that I was currently working on and held onto it along with the other four blueprints while Eren looked at us in confusion to what was happening.

Erwin: "Do you have any questions?" he asked him.

Eren took a second to try and process what was happening as he looked at us. When his eyes met mine, I gave him small smile as I tiredly waved to him to reassure him that he was safe or as safe as he could be.

Eren: "Um... where... am I?" he asked.

Erwin: "As you can see, you're in an underground dungeon. You're currently in the custody of the Military Police, but we finally got permission to see you a little while ago. (F/n) here was given special permission to stay here with you since she was someone we all could trust that knew you. With this in mind, we knew you wouldn't try anything so long she was here." he told Eren.

I looked over to Erwin with my eyes wide open. Did he just say that I was here simply to be a shield for everyone in case Eren went crazy? Before I could ask, Erwin lifted up a key with a string attached to it to make a necklace.

Eren: "That key!" he said in shock.

Erwin: "Yeah, it's yours. I'll give it back later. The basement of your house, Dr. Yeager's house in Shiganshina, holds the secret of the Titans. Am I right?" he asked him.

Eren: "Yes. Probably. That's what my father said." he stated.

Levi: "You have amnesia and your father is missing. Awfully convenient, don't you think?" he pointed out.

Erwin: "Levi. We've already concluded he has no reason to lie. There is still so much we don't know yet, but for now, I think the most important thing to inquire about is your intentions." he stated.

Eren: "My... intentions?" he questioned.

Erwin: "To return to your house, we must retake the Shiganshina District of Wall Maria. It would take drastic measures to seal the broken gate. We'd need your Titan strength. Our fate rides on a Titan, it seems. The Colossal Titan. The Armored Titan. They probably just like you. Your intentions are the key here. The key to freeing mankind from this despair." he announced to Eren.

Eren: "I'll..." he said quietly thinking it over.

Levi: "Answer the man, scum. What do you want to do?" he asked.

Eren began breathing heavily as he looked down making me worried but when he lifted his head to reveal a crazy look in his eyes and toothy grin, I knew that he was somewhat fine.

Eren: "I want to join the Survey Corps and kill as many Titans as I can, sir!" he said to them.

I couldn't help but cover my mouth as I turn my head away as I giggled to his response. Same old Eren.

Levi: "Oh? Not bad... Erwin. I'll take responsibility for him. Tell that to the higher-ups. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I trust him. If he betrays us or goes berserk, I'll put him down without hesitation. Upstairs shouldn't have a problem with that... Nobody except me is suited for the job. I'll accept your application to the Survey Corps." he announced to Eren.

Erwin nodded his head and stood up, walking over to Levi-bro.

Erwin: "Eren Yeager, please bear with this for a little longer. We'll try to sort things out somehow. (F/n), take care of him and continue to work on the project." he told me.

I stuck my tongue out at him as he and Levi began walking away leaving Eren, the two Military Police soldiers and me alone. I sighed as I looked up to the ceiling. This was going to take a while.

(Timeskip brought to you by Violet covering a passed out (Y/n) with a blanket as she used her lap as a pillow for him)

I quickly sat up from laying down when I heard the sound of something hitting against metal. I looked around only to see Hange with her face pressed against Eren's cell making me sigh in relief that it was nothing dangerous. I looked over to Violet who was nice enough to let me sleep on her lap. She decided to stay down here with me and refuses to leave my side. I think it was because the last time she left my side most of my ribs were fractured but I didn't mind it. As I rubbed my eyes, I could hear Hange talking.

Hange: "So you're Eren, huh? You okay? Feeling well? Sorry to keep you waiting. You're free to come out of there now. That's assuming you wear these though." she said pulling out metal shackles.

She handed them to Mike so he could place them on Eren while she walked over to me and leaned close to my ear with a serious expression.

Hange: "You're serving as a witness for the trial. Go on ahead." she whispered to me before spinning around towards Eren.

I nodded my head and began walking/limping toward the courtroom with Violet by my side. Once we arrived at the courtroom through a side entrance, I made my way to where the witnesses were while Violet went to the balcony were officers could watch. As I arrived where the witnesses were I was greeted with the sight of Rico, Kurome, Mikasa, and Armin. The moment my eyes landed on Mikasa, I quickly scurried next to Armin surprising him.

Armin: "(F/n)-sis? What are you doing here? Where have you been?" he asked me worriedly.

Me: "I-I was told that I was to be a witness for the trial and I was with... Eren." I told him.

Mikasa: "Where's Eren?! Is he alright?" she suddenly asked me.

I quickly wrapped onto Armin's right arm as I began shaking.

Me: "H-H-He's fine! T-The Military Police have him in a cell in an underground dungeon. He should be here soon." I told her.

She let out a sigh of relief as she smiled at me, but I only hid behind Armin refusing to look at her. Every time I see here, I'm just reminded of what she said. I tighten my grip on Armin's arm just as the door to the main entrance opened up to reveal Eren and two Military Police soldiers. They led him to the center of the room and made him go onto his knees as they stuck a metal pole behind him and between his arms resulting in him being stuck there until they removed it. He began looking around to the room until his eyes landed on us. Just then another noise caught our attention. The sound of another door opening, we all looked up to see who it was.

It was a familiar old man. His eyes are sunken and tired-looking. He wore glasses over his eyes but it was clear that there were noticeable wrinkles on his face and his hair is receded and gray. He also has a gray scruffy looking full beard and mustache. He was wearing a casual attire consists of a plain white shirt with normal dark colored pants with a brown trench coat in his hands as he placed it on the desk in front of him as he sat down. He is Dhalis Zachary. The Premier of the three regiments.

Dhalis: "Now then, let us begin." he said as he grabbed a piece of paper in front of him.

Dhalis: "Eren Yeager, correct? You are a soldier who has offered his life for mankind. Is that accurate?" he asked.

Eren: "Yes." he responded.

Dhalis: "This is an unprecedented case. The trial will be a special court-martial in which common law does not apply with the final decision being left entirely to me. We shall also decide whether you live or die. Do you have any objections?" he asked.

Eren: "I don't." he said with a nervous look.

Dhalis: "I'm glad you're quick on the uptake. I'll be blunt. As expected, hiding you from the public was impossible. Unless we declare your existence in some manner, we may be faced with a threat other than Titans. Through this trial, we shall decide which military faction we'll charge with your custody. The Military Police or the Survey Corps. Let's begin with the Military Police's opening statement." he announced.

Nile: "Your honor, as Commander of the Military Police, I, Nile Dok, propose: after conducting a thorough examination of Eren's body, we dispose of him in a prompt manner. It cannot be denied that his Titan power allowed us to repel the latest attack. However, his existence is also a source of discord that can incite rebellion. Therefore, after having him impart all the information he can provide, we'll have him die as a hero of mankind." he told everyone.

?????: "There's no need for that! He's vermin that undermined the sacred walls by intruding our lands. You must kill him now!" he yelled out.

As I took a closer look at him, I recognized him from Shiganshina on the day the Titans invaded. It was nice to see that he looked more cleaned up but I really would appreciate him he would not tell everyone to kill my friend.

Dhalis: "Pastor Nick, quiet please." he told him which he did.

Dhalis: "Now then, let us hear the Survey Corps opening statement." he told them.

Erwin: "Your honor, as the Thirteenth Commander of the Survey Corps, I, Erwin Smith, propose: we of the Survey Corps will accept Eren as an official member and use his Titan power to recapture Wall Maria. That is all." he announced.

Dhalis: "Hm? Is that it?" he asked.

Erwin: "Yes. If we utilize his power, we can recapture Wall Maria. I believe it's clear what needs to be prioritized." he said honestly.

Dhalis: "I see. On that note, where do you plan to begin such an operation? Pixis, the gate at Trost District has been completely sealed, no?" he asked.

Dot: "Yes. I doubt it'll ever be opened again." he announced.

Erwin: "We intend to go through Karanese District in the east instead. From there, we'll head to Shinganshina District. We'll plot out the route as we go." he told him.

Random Merchant: "Wait a second! Wouldn't it be best to seal all the gates for good now? The only parts of the wall the Colossus Titan can destroy are the gates! If we seal them up, they won't we able to attack us anymore!" he pointed out.

Random Soldier: "Silence, you cur from the companies! If we have his Titan powers, we can return to Wall Maria!" he also pointed out.

Random Merchant: "We're sick and tired of you morons playing hero!" he yelled.

Levi: "You've got a big mouth, swine. Who's to say the Titans will sit by and wait for the gates to be sealed? The "we" you're talking about only refers to the friends you grow fat with, no? Are you saying you swine haven't noticed the people suffering from hunger due to the lack of land?" he asked.

Random Merchant: "All we're saying is that we'll be saved if the walls are sealed-" he tried to say.

Pastor Nick: "Enough already, you boor! You want mere humans to tamper with Wall Rose, a gift from God?! You gaze upon walls that defy human understanding and still don't understand?! You think we have the right to lay hands on it?!" he said getting up in the merchants face.

Armin: "Their beliefs are what caused the arming of the walls to take so long." he pointed out.

Me: "And the construction of the railroads all around the walls. We barely finished the railroads on top of Wall Rose." I said feeling a bit of sweat roll down my face.

Rico: "They have plenty of support and influence, after all. A real handful." she commented.

As the two bickered with one another, Dhalis slammed his hand on his desk several times to make them shut up.

Dhalis: "Order in the court. You may argue about differences in principles elsewhere. Yeager, allow me to confirm: can you continue to contribute to mankind as you have thus far and utilize your Titan power to that same end?" he asked Eren.

Eren: "Yes! I can!" he quickly replied.

Dhalis: "Really? But in the report for the Battle of Trost, it said: "After transforming into a Titan, he swung his fist at Mikasa Ackerman and Kurome." he pointed out.

Eren quickly spun his head towards the two in complete shock. I could already tell that Mikasa was glaring at Rico.

Rico: "What, you wanted me to lie in a report? Hiding that wouldn't have benefited anyone." she pointed out to Mikasa.

Dhalis: "Is Mikasa Ackerman and Kurome here?" he asked.

Mikasa: "Yes, that's me." she stated.

Kurome: "I am here as well." she said.

Dhalis: "Is it true that Yeager attacked you in his Titan form?" he asked them.

Mikasa hesitated on what to say not wanting to get Eren killed while Kurome didn't care.

Kurome: "Yes, it's true." she announced bluntly.

The room filled with gossip the moment she announced that to everyone.

Mikasa: "Wait a moment!" she yelled out to get everyone's attention.

Mikasa: "Eren has also saved me twice while he was in his Titan form. The first time, when I was about to fall prey to a Titan, he fought it off and saved me. The second time, he shield me and Armin from a cannon. I'd like you to take these facts into consideration as well." she told Dhalis.

Nile: "Objection. I believe her testimony contains too much bias to be considered. Mikasa Ackerman lost her parents at a young age and was taken in by the Yeager family. Furthermore, through our investigations, we have uncovered some shocking events that took place during that time. At the age of nine, Eren Yeager, Mikasa Ackerman, and the late (Y/n) Wurzel stabbed to death three men who were wanted for robbery and kidnapping. Through this falls under legitimate self-defense, I feel their basic human nature needs to be questioned. Should we really invest mankind's fate, men, and resources in him?" he asked Dhalis.

Eren: "Wait! You said the late (Y/n) Wurzel?" he asked in complete shock.

Nile: "Yes, (Y/n) Wurzel had never returned to Wall Rose after the fall of Wall Maria. It is safe to assume that he had perished." he told him.

I could see the hurt expression on Eren's face and I couldn't help but glance over to Armin to see his shock expression as well before looking to Mikasa to see her staring straight down to the floor with lifeless eyes. I wanted to tell them that I'm alive but I can't. I let go of Armin's arm and held onto my right arm. I was a terrible friend.

As the everyone in the room gossiped, I noticed the merchant lifted up his finger towards our direction.

Random Merchant: "Her too. I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't human!" he announced to everyone making several people agree with him.

Eren: "Wait! I might be a monster but that has nothing to do with her! Nothing at all!" he yelled.

But the others didn't believe a single word he said and kept yelling that Eren was lying resulting in Eren to yell out no and slamming his metal handcuffs against the metal pole making a loud echo of metal clashing.

Eren: "I mean... you're wrong. So far, all you've been doing is blurting out convenient speculations." he told them.

Nile: "Wh-What did you say?!" he asked.

Eren: "To begin with, you've never seen a Titan before, so what are you so afraid of? How can we afford to not let those with power fight? If you're scared of fighting to survive, then lend me your strength! You.. damn cowards. Just shut up and bet everything on me!" he yelled out shocking almost everyone.

Nile: "Take aim!" he yelled to the Military Police soldier next to him.

The soldier did as he was told and took aim at Eren with his rifle but before he could shoot, there was a sudden blur of something passing by and appearing next to Eren. It was Levi-bro and he just kicks Eren across the face sending a bloody tooth out of his mouth. He didn't stop there and continued to kick Eren over and over again with no mercy. Mikasa tried to go and stop him but luckily Armin stopped her.

Armin: "Wait Mikasa!" he told her.

Levi was just finishing kicking Eren placing his foot on top of his head not allowing him to lift it. Eren had blood spilling out of his mouth from all the beating.

Levi: "This is just my pet theory, but I think pain and discipline go hand-in-hand. What you need now isn't a lecture, but training. You're in a good position for me to kick too." he said before resuming his kicking and stomping.

Nile: "...Stop... Levi..." he said completely shock with the brutality Levi was showing.

Levi: "What?" he said lowering his foot.

Nile: "That's dangerous. What'll you do if he gets angry and transforms?" he asked resulting in Levi kicking Eren again.

Levi: "What're you saying? You guys are gonna dissect him, right? From what (F/n) said, in his Titan form, he apparently killed twenty other Titans before he ran out of gas. As an enemy, his intellects could pose a problem to us. He still wouldn't be a match for me though. How about you lot? Those of you speaking against him should think it through. Can you really kill him?" he asked them.

Erwin: "Supreme Commander, I have a proposal." he said raising his hand.

Dhalis: "Yes?" he asked.

Erwin: "Eren's Titan power has many uncertain points to it, which poses a constant threat. So I propose he be entrusted to Lance Corporal Levi and taken out on an expedition." he suggested.

Dhalis: "You'll bring Eren outside?" he questioned.

Erwin: "Yes. I'd like Eren's control over his Titan power and his worth to mankind to be judged based on the results of that expedition." he stated.

Dhalis: "Handling Eren Yeager... Can you do it, Levi?" he asked.

Levi: "I'm certain I could kill him, if not I'm sure the other brat could help me kill him. The problem is that there'll be no alternative other than that." he pointed out.

Dhalis: "I see... before I make my decision, I would like to ask if (F/n) Engel is here?" he asked.

Me: "Y-Yes! I'm here!" I said nervously.

Dhalis: "Do you have anything to say? You have seen Eren Yeager in his Titan form alone for several minutes while other recruits attempted to resupply their gas. What is your opinion?" he asked.

I could feel a lot of eyes on me. I nervously shuffled my feet before looking up to Dhalis.

Me: "I think... Eren can save humanity." I told him.

Dhalis: "And why do you think that." he asked.

Me: "Because like Mika Ackerman, Eren Yeager has also saved my life." I announced shocking the room.

Me: "I have been meaning to thank you Eren for saving me." I said bowing my head to him just like Sir Li.

Dhalis: "Can you go into more detail, (F/n)?" he asked.

Me: "Yes, sir. When I was at the roof of the HQ in Trost firing cannon shells at Titans to help the abnormal that was attacking other Titans. At the time, I had no clue that this was Eren. But during the battle, a began climbing up to the roof and a box full of shells resulting in it exploding and sending me flying back. With the injuries I received from a previous battle, I was unable to escape as the Titan reach towards me. That was when Eren pulled the Titan away and saved my life but this was the reason why Eren ran out of steam because the surrounding Titans gang up on Eren and began attacking him. So I believe that Eren has the will and the way to help and save humanity." I announced to him.

Dhalis nodded his head and began thinking it over before opening his mouth.

Dhalis: "I've made my decision." he announced.

(Small timeskip brought to you by (Y/n) and Hange carrying a wounded Eren)

Hange, Violet, Levi, Mike, Erwin, Eren and me were now inside a room all to ourselves with Levi-bro leaning against the wall, Mike looking out the window and Hange, Violet, Erwin, and I were treating Eren.

Hange: "Honestly, he went overboard. Does it hurt?" she asked him.

Eren: "A bit." he said.

Hange: "So, in what way does it hurt?" she asked excitedly.

Erwin: "I apologize. But thanks to that, we gain custody of you. We couldn't have made that proposal go through without your tolerance. You have my respect." he said lifting his hand to Eren to shake with a smile on his face.

Erwin: "Eren, we'll be counting on you." he said to him.

Eren: "Yes, I'll do my best!" he said quickly taking Erwin's hand.

Just then, Levi-bro walked over and sat down on the couch next to Eren resulting in Eren flinching.

Levi: "Hey, Eren." he called out.

Eren: "Yes?" he asked nervously.

Levi: "Thanks... for saving the brat here. I appreciate that." he said to him.

I looked at him with my eyes wide open before jumping towards him landing on his lap before pulling him into a big hug resulting in me groaning in pain. He let out one of his typical "Tsk" before rubbing my head gently making me giggle.

Eren: "Um... what are those two relationships" he suddenly asked Hange.

Hange: "It may not look like it but Levi is like his father?" she said teasing Levi-bro.

Eren: "Him?" he questioned.

Levi: "Do you hate me?" he asked changing the subject.

Eren: "N-No! I understand you did what was necessary." he said honestly.

Levi: "Glad you get it." he said casually.

Hange: "But you took it too far. You broke a tooth, you know? See." she said as she reveals a bloody tooth in a handkerchief.

Levi: "Don't pick that up. It's disgusting." he stated with me nodding my head furiously in agreement.

Hange: "But it's a valuable sample." she announced.

Levi: "Eren, aren't you glad you didn't end up getting dissected by her kind?" he asked.

Hange: "Don't bunch me together with those guys. I wouldn't kill Eren. Say Eren? Let me take a peek inside your mouth." she requested.

Eren was hesitant at first, but he opened his mouth wide open for Hange. She looked inside only to gasp.

Hange: "It... already grew back." she said in shock.

I will not hesitate next time if Mikasa tries to threaten (Y/n) life again. If she does, then I'm going to kill her.

-Kurome

Sorry for the long delay on releasing anything, college has been getting busy lately, but don't worry! I'm back with a burning passion!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.9K 3K 43
*β™‘βˆž:q.q  q.q:βˆžβ™‘* "𝘒𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘢 𝘧𝘒𝘭𝘭π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦?" "𝘨𝘰𝘡 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘢 𝘒𝘳𝘦." reader based & college A/U. HIGHEST RATI...
49.2K 1K 49
As great tragedy hit you as a child. You have devoted your life to finding out that truth. That is until you meet a girl which will change your life...
100K 3.9K 62
Like water is forced to flow and life is destined to fade, humans follow a strict path carved in stone ever since they were born. This curse is calle...
2.1K 37 17
Someone who seeks calm with stars while in a world filled with destruction and terror. Y/N has always been infatuated with stars; she thought they we...