Reckless Fearless Careless | ✓

By myreadingaddictions

"What are you doing here?" I ask but it comes out as a sob. I don't want him, or anyone for that matter, to s... More

Author's note
Character Aesthetics
1-Who Names Their Kid After A Gargoyle?
2-Sorry Sir, Girl Problems
3-It's Disney Time Bitches
4-Don't Call Me Maxi
5-Are You On Drugs Woman?
6-People Do Stupid Things Whilst Drunk
7-It's Not A Wall, It's A Person
8-Green Eyes Is Feisty
9-When Did You Meet That Idiot?
10-I Used My Friend's Green Crayon Without Telling Her
11-I Hope Max And Mason Have Planned My Funeral
12-I Painted Hugo's Room Hot Pink
13-The Big Bad Boy Needs A Nanny
14-I Completely Wrecked Mum's Car
15-Is He Half Robot Or Something?
16-Covered In Popcorn, Butter And Coke
17-Doing More Than Tutoring
18-Disney Is Life
19-The Tutor Code
20-You Only Won Because Of That Stupid Door
21-I'm Everyone's Type
22-Three Girls In One Night
23-A Royal Pain In The Arse
Character list
24-What The Hell Are You Doing In My Room?
25-You Think You Can Take Me?
26-Overly Thorough Directions
27-Dragged Through The Pits Of Hell
28-I Think I'm Going To Puke
29-Threatened By Random Year Eleven Girls
30-Did He Just Ask Me Out?
31-What's The Worst That Could Happen?
32-Why Am I Thinking Of Him?
33-Get Your Hands Off My Boyfriend
34-Cocky Bastards
35-I Love A Bad Girl
36-You're A Coward
37-Mystery Girl
38-I Dare You To Kiss Me
39-A Lingering Kiss
40-Walking Aimlessly In The Middle Of Nowhere
41-Sleeping With The Headmistress
43-How Much Did I Drink?
44-Zucchini Is A Made Up Vegetable
45-I Was His Everything
46-A Disapproving Look
47-I Just Care Too Damn Much
48-He Just Cares Too Damn Much
49-Save Her
50-A Toddler On Crack
51-Strawberry Ice Cream
52-Terrible In Bed
53-I Like You
Epilogue
Bonus #1: The Walls Are Soundproof
Bonus #2: Your Bedsheets Are Funny
New Book

42-Tearing Off Her Dress

12.5K 385 139
By myreadingaddictions

Chapter 42: Tearing Off Her Dress

*Wyatt's POV*

The pungent smell of alcohol hits my nose immediately as I walk into the house, already littered with drunken teenagers.

Believe it or not, I don't go to parties that often. I still go every now and then but I'm not a crazy party animal like the redhead green eyes hangs out with — she told me all about her and from here that girl sounds crazy but in a good way if that makes sense.

I just don't find that much enjoyment in getting drunk and sleeping with random people I barely know. I've done it a couple times but that sort of life just isn't for me. To be fair it takes a lot for me to get drunk which is a blessing and a curse. It's good when I need to stay sober like when I was playing drinking games at her house but bad when I just want to drown my sorrows in alcohol and forget everything for a little while.

But it's fine because tonight isn't about getting drunk, it's about finding her and seeing for myself what's been going on. I'm hoping everything I've heard is false but I just know that's not the case.

Eli wandered off as soon as we got here but about twenty minutes later he found me again, this time with a red solo cup in his hands. "So any chicks here sparkin' your dick?" Eli asks, swinging his left arm over my shoulder, his drink sloshing in its cup but luckily not spilling over.

I send him a bewildered look at his choice of words but don't mention it. I shrug. "You know I'm not here for that," I deadpan.

He sighs through his nose and pats my back hard before looking me directly in the eyes, a challenge written on his face. He quirks an eyebrow at me as he speaks. "Mate, are y' scared that no one wants to fuck you?"

I slowly shake my head in surprise but Eli just lets out a low chuckle.

"That's it, isn't it? All these years you've barely been with any girls and I finally get it. Yuh scared." I go to cut him off but he stops me by raising his palm. "Mate s'alright, I can help if you want. Y' should've just told me sooner. We could've fixed this insecurity ages ago."

I'm baffled so it takes me a couple seconds to come up with a reply. "No, that's not it," I tell him slowly, hoping to get him to understand. "I just don't want to. End of story."

"Uh huh sure..." he trails off as though he doesn't believe me. "If you're not ready to admit it that's fine. I'll be ready to help whenever you're ready for it."

I let out a deep sigh. I can't be bothered to deal with this right now. How do I get Eli off my back so I can go find her?

"Damn, mate look," I say with a fake wolf whistle, gesturing to a group of girls. "Bet you can't get the girl in red to fuck you within the hour."

His eyes find the girl I'm gesturing to and he scans her body for much too long. "Challenge accepted," he smirks, walking over in an overconfident and cocky manner.

That's Eli out of the way. Now, where would she be?

I spent the next twenty minutes looking for her. She wasn't dancing; she wasn't drinking in the kitchen; she wasn't upstairs in any of the bedrooms — although I did see Eli up there which means he did it and in record time too; she wasn't even in any of the bathrooms, vomiting or whatever else.

With a sigh I make my way outside — the only place I've not yet checked. It takes a couple of minutes before I spot her in the corner snogging a guy but I don't think it's River.

I don't really know how to feel about it if I'm honest. Part of me feels smug because she's going behind his back but then again it's not like her to do that — so why? And I didn't particularly enjoy seeing her make out with a random guy. I might have to wash my eyes out after this.

It does tick off one of the rumours though because she is hooking up with a guy and it doesn't seem like it's the first time she's done it over the last couple of months.

As the guy's hands move down to her arse I can't help but turn away in disgust. I really didn't want nor need to see that.

Deciding to head back inside, I go straight for the alcohol. Change of plans — I am getting wasted tonight.

~*~*~

Hours later the music is blaring in my ears as I stand among everyone else, dancing. A few girls surround me, much too close but I don't brush them off like normal. In fact, I urge them on as I reciprocate their actions, casting smiles and winks, letting my charisma shine through.

And Eli said I wouldn't get girls — please, they've always thrown themselves at me.

A blonde girl with a ridiculously short, dark blue dress gets too handsy even for my liking so I carefully push her off without it being obvious. I've never liked blondes that much, brunettes are much more my type.

I choose to instead focus my attention on one of the brunettes near me, letting the other girls go and find someone else.

Her eyes are green but just not quite right. She's short but not as short. As she's definitely hot but just not as hot. I brush it aside though because she's close enough.

My hands run down her body as I guide her to the side of the room. My lips meet her neck and she lets out a moan of pleasure.

I press her against a wall, causing a gasp of surprise to escape her lips and I use the chance to slide my tongue into her mouth, claiming dominance immediately.

Her hands graze up my back before she decides to tug on my hair, pulling me closer if that's possible. She wants me desperately, I can feel it.

"Wyatt," she moans, leading us in the direction of a nearby cupboard.

Wait, what's her name? It doesn't really matter.

I take the lead, moving us towards the cupboard, my mouth now traveling down her neck.

The alcohol in her breath in prominent but I don't care as I crash my lips back onto hers, slipping into the small room.

She's already tearing off her dress but something doesn't feel right. As I go to close the door with my foot, I halt, jerking away from her, my mind starting to take control again.

What the hell am I doing?! This isn't me.

She sends me a confused look but I just shake my head, mumbling a sorry before walking away with quick, large strides.

I can't do this, no matter how much I want to just forget, I can't. Damn it!

Why is she still on my mind and why did I pick someone so similar to her — so similar yet completely off? I just can't get her out of my head. Fucking hell.

I run my hands through my hair in a distressed manner as I scan the house for Eli because I have to get out of here. When I'm unable to find him, I can't find it within me to wait. He can figure out how to get home himself.

As I'm about to leave this whole nightmare behind a voice stops me dead in my tracks. It's that same soft and melodic voice but she sounds angry, she's shouting, still only barely audible over the deafening music.

I spot her immediately after turning around. She's in the corner of the room having a heated argument with River. They're going upstairs, probably for some privacy.

I know I should leave them alone. She's not my business anymore. But I can't so I stealthily follow behind them, making sure to stay out of sight.

They go up two flights of stairs before making their way into the bedroom at the end of the corridor. It's much quieter up here and luckily for me they don't close the door, thinking no one is around.

"How could you fucking do that?" River growls, almost sounding animalistic due to his anger. "It's not like it's the first time either. Just why Aurora?"

She heaves out an angry sigh. "Don't act like the victim. We both know you've been fucking girls as well. I saw you slip off with that redhead earlier," she says in a deadly low tone.

"Only because you did it first!"

A humourless laugh escapes her lips. "Did I? I'm pretty sure that was you. This is an endless cycle River. It's ridiculous."

"Do you not care about me, Aurora? I thought you wanted to make us work," he says in what seems like a delicate and raw tone but I can see right through it.

He's manipulating her. Is this what has been going on the whole time? My fists clench at the thought but I let them continue, wanting to hear the rest of their argument.

Her sigh is much softer this time and sounds defeated. "Of course I care, River, but I don't think we work. We don't communicate well and neither of us can seem to commit. Hell, I'm not even sure that we're in a relationship. We've got together and broken up so many times that I've lost track."

"You're the only one for me, baby girl, you know that. All of these one night stands... we can both stop them. It'll just be me and you," his tone is so gentle that it surprises me. He tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and looks at her with such false sincerity.

I know he's lying. He'll go back to sleeping with other girls within a week. Why can't she understand this?

She looks hesitant. "River, I don't think I can." Her voice is so quiet I almost don't catch it.

"Come on, baby doll," he urges. "We have so much fun together. We do crazy, stupid and reckless things. You don't want to go back to being boring do you?"

That bastard. He worked out her trigger word and he's using it to manipulate her. Fuck no. Not if I've got anything to say about it.

Without a second thought, I barge into the room and punch River square in the jaw. He falls back and his head hits the side of the oak bed, causing him to fall unconscious. Good.

No one is allowed to manipulate her. Not my Aurora.

~*~*~

What did you think?

Wyatt is finally starting to understand his feelings and I'm fangirling so hard about it. Fucking finally! Those two still have a long way to go but at least it's progress.

Any thoughts on Wyatt's development and his character in general?

Also, I'm switching back to Ari's POV now so I hope you enjoyed these last two chapters from his perspective — I sure did but I've got a massive soft spot for Wyatt so I'm pretty biased.

Well that's all for now, until next time, byeeeeee xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419K 11.7K 35
"So?" He looked confused. "She's y- your-" I gulped. "My what Aurora?!" He exclaimed angrily. I jumped. "Don't raise your voice at me! She's your dau...
1.7K 93 43
~~~~ Finally the day is over, things could have gone a lot worse but the only bad thing I got from today was getting paired with Tim in a business st...
17.9K 554 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...