Sick - An Irondad Story

By MercuryWildflower

"I looked over at my usually gallant father, who had dried tears streaking his face. I felt awful, not becaus... More

1
2
3
4
6
7
Epilogue
Note
Note #2

5

6.7K 173 5
By MercuryWildflower

(Peter's POV)

I ran back to my room, tears blurring my vision. I slammed the door and flopped onto my bed. I let my sobs hit the blanket, making the soft cotton become damp. I lay there for a second, just thinking about nothing and everything at the same time. I felt my body become numb with sorrow as I looked up at the white, bleak ceiling. I would be gone soon. I would be a part of that white. I would fade into a soft, painless place. Dad would become less stressed. He wouldn't have another mouth to feed, he wouldn't need to spend money on insurance for me. It would be fine. Without me. I smiled. Dad would be happy. After 10 more minutes of think about everything, I stood up. I cautiously made my way over to the door, trying not to make a sound. I opened my door slowly, and made my way to the elevator. I got in and pressed the button marked with a '1' and a star next to it. As I started to ascend, I started making a game plan. I just need to get out. I just need to get out. I just need some fresh air. I'll take a walk around a few blocks and I'll go home. I'll go home.

I stepped out of the lobby and onto the street. I started walking, wide strides carrying me away from the tower. It felt good, the cold wind chilling my nose and fingertips. I felt free. Free from stress, free from pain, free from the fury of my father. I checked my phone. The screen read 9:30. I have some time... at 10 I'll start walking home. After about 15 minutes of walking, I turned down a street I had never been down before. It had eerily low lighted lights, and the ground was littered with cigarette butts. I slowed my pace. My vision seemed to blur. My head started pounding. I started to stumble, as my legs struggled to hold myself up. I fell to the ground. I was able to prop myself up against a brick wall and pull out my phone. My phone was flooded with missed calls and worried texts from dad. I pressed the 'call back' button on my phone with the last ounce of strength I had in me and put him on speaker phone. I heard him yell out my name through the phone. I was able to mumble his name just before my world went black...

Note: oh wow oh wow another update already? Who would've thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.3K 2.3K 19
Wrong number between tony stark and Peter Parker starts a father son relationship. He creates a family bond with the avengers. Avengers can't know...
466K 31.5K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
20.6M 761K 89
When she was 14, Dalia was sold to Matteo Martinelli, the former leader of the largest Italian mafia. Flash forward with his son, Vittore Martinelli...