IMPERFECTION (AN INTERCULTURA...

By Simplicity_writes

Imperfection is the story of Anuoluwapo.A young energetic Yoruba lady who is full of life, she's independent... More

Journey
Preparation
Mrs. azim
August visitor
I'll be your girlfriend
First visit
First weekend
Best Man Ever
Suprise ! yet surprised
Hidden Emotions
Ameera
Who is Khalifa ?
The big question
Greatest fear
Unexpected guest
Assurance
That's my man
Finally!
Planning my wedding
Engagement ceremony.
Kunshi
Kamu
Wedding Dinner
Matrimony/ Budan Kai unveiling of bride
White wedding
Khalifa, the total package
Cupid
Pampered
Expectance
Short lived.
Our love life
💞💞💞
occurred
Curiosity
Trouble in paradise
Not mine
Laugh last
D's Identity
Months later
New arrival
Motherhood
Changes
Shattered
Bonus chapter ( Khalifa's POV)
Mine
Mi familia perfecta
Afterward
Karma
Baecation
Bonus chapter; Zahra's wedding
Finale
Epilogue
Cast
Appreciation/Announcement
Bonus chapters or Not
Bonus chapter (1)

Signs.

1.8K 212 1
By Simplicity_writes

I felt Khalifa's lips on my cheek.i stuttered my eyes open. He was smiling down at me.

"Good morning baby" he Said.

"Morning. What says the time " I asked with my sleepy voice.

"This is past 8" I yawned. "I slept this late. Lemme prepare you something to eat" I tried to get up but he placed his hands on my shoulder. "Go back to sleep. You're not feeling too well " I nod and yawn again. He palnted a kiss on my lips. "Sleep,I'll be back early today ".

I rested my head back on the pillow. He covered me properly with the blanket,he kissed me on my forehead one last time before leaving.

💖

I rested my head on the pillow as I sat on the couch. I closed my eyes lightly. The TV is on but my attention is far from there.

I haven't been feeling too well since yesterday. It's not like I'm sick or anything but I'm just tired. I slept all through. I tried to get something to eat but I lost all appetite.

The door bell rung, I stood up and sluggishly walked to open the door. I met salamat at the entrance.

"How are you feeling now" was the first thing she asked she called earlier and noticed how I was talking then asked what was up and I told her.

I nod slightly and stepped out of the way for her to come in. She did and I closed the door.

"Pele. Have you eaten ?" She asked as we took our seat. I shook my head  "E bi o pa mi "

"Since morning, no o you have to eat. This is past 1. Kiloma je? " she asked.

"I don't know. I lost all appetite" I rested my head back on the couch.

"Don't worry we'll find it. Let me enter the kitchen and find you something to eat. What do you have at home"

"If you get to the pantry you'll see" she stood up and went into the kitchen, I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

*
"Anu oya come and eat" I opened my eyes and saw Salamat placing a tray of food in front of me. I ate slowly. Pushing it down my throat. I had like five to six bites when I couldn't take no more.

I placed the tray on the side table and took out of the fruit juice. I rested my back.

"Thanks babe. I forgot to ask sef. Where's Abdul "

"He's with umma. I dropped him off this morning " she replied resting her back also.

"You should have brought him with you "

"No o Abeg that boy is trouble. I need some free time also. " I smiled.

"How's your new shop abi office which one do we call it. How's it coming up ".

"Everything is set. The official opening is in two weeks. I told you right " she nods. "Yes you did. "

I could feel my stomach unsettling. I felt something trying to come up. I held my hands to my mouth as I ran into the visitors toilet. I went to the sink and threw up all I just ate. Every bit of it. I felt salamat hands on my back.

I turned on the tap and washed my mouth then my face. I stood and rested my head on the wall. My head is spinning.

"Pele. How are you feeling now " she asked

"Dizzy" I managed to utter.

"Pele. Shey you'll take malt and milk. The way we used to do it those days. " I tried to smile. When we still used to live together. Malt and milk used to be our own medicine. We believe it supplies blood to the body.

"Or should I call your husband maybe he can take you to the hospital. I can take you if you want  " she placed her hands on my waist and led me back to the sitting area.

"Don't call him. I'm fine. I just need to rest. You know I don't fall sick " I sat back down.

"Some sickness are inevitable for us women " she mumbled as she sat back down. She changed through channels and we watched a movie on African Magic Yoruba.

💖
"Welcome back my love " I met Khalifa at the entrance and engulfed him in a hug " I missed you "

"I missed you more. How are you feeling now"

"Better.. I made dinner. Go take a shower and come out" he kissed me before going upstairs.

I arranged the dinning table.like I said I just needed to rest a bit. Am feeling much better now it's just that the appetite hasn't bee restored.

Khalifa jogged back down wearing a black joggers pant and a blue top . He sat down I serve him his food.

"Aren't you eating ?" He asked

"I'm not hungry"

"No you are. Serve more food. Even if it's little eat. You can't go to bed on empty stomach " I sighed and serve more food to his plate. I sat down beside him and we start to eat.

"I'm travelling to Lagos tomorrow. I would be back the next day " I dropped the spoon and face him with a frown. "I'm sorry. It's an urgent matter that I have to tend to".

"I'll go with you " he rose a brow. "Instead of staying home alone and all. I can spend some time with my mom. I miss her "

"But baby you're not feeling fine" he tried to protest. I placed my hands on his "I'm fine already. Please " I made this cute face he laughs .and I know what that means already. .

💖❣️

"I told you to stay back home. You said you're fine. Now look at you " I ignored khalifa as I rested on the car glass.

Now we're back to the way I was yesterday. I was alright last night but waking up this morning, was another case Khalifa asked me to stay but I wouldn't listen. Khalifa kept stealing glances at me as he drove.

"I would come back to pick you. " He said as he parked the car in my mom's compound.

"Won't you come in to say hello".

"Habibty, I have to be at the meeting in less than 30 minutes. I promise to be back and then I would see them. I'm sorry my love" he moved closer and kiss my lips.

"I love you. Please take care of yourself." I have a head nod.

I opened the door and hop out of the car. I headed straight to the house. I waved to khalifa before entering. The house is so quiet. I guess no one is home.

Bose came out of her room. She greeted. "How are you. Where's everybody".

"Mommy is in her room getting ready to go out. Daddy has gone to work already.  Ise has gone to school " I waved her off and headed to my mom's room. I knocked once before entering. My mom was in front of her mirror fixing herself

"Ekaaro ma" I greeted bending.  She turns and was so surprised to see me. "Anu. When did you arrive. This is a big suprise o " I sat on her bed. She turns to me.

"Khalifa has something to do in Lagos so I followed". Her expression then turned into a worried one. She came closer and sat beside me.

"What is wrong with you. Why are you like this " she asked. "How do I look"

"Like something's wrong." She examined me clearly like I'm a baby. I'm starting to get annoyed by everything she's doing. I just want to sleep

"I'm fine. I'm just tired o ti re mi " I said quietly.  She placed her hand on my neck to check my temperature. "Kilowa se e" she asked.

"O kan re mi ni. Nothing much "

"Where's your husband. Did he come here with you." She asked. I explained to her. "Ehn you're here now. I'm not going out again " I gave a head nod. She stared at me intently.

"Anu oya wake up. Your husband is here " I heard my mom say. I opened my eyes and saw Khalifa smiling down at me. My mom excited the room

"How are you feeling now?" He spoke quietly. I nodded. "Have you eaten ?"

"Mom prepared my Efo riro and Poundo yam. But I just had only the Efo ".

"Anu you need to see a doctor. I don't like the way you've been lately. If we get back home. We're seeing one" he said

"I don't think it's anything serious, am just tired..." He didn't reply me. He made a straight face and I dropped the topic. "Have you settled everything"I asked.

"Yes the meeting was a success. We have to go back to Abuja tomorrow. We would sleep at Ikoyi tonight and first thing tomorrow we leave. "

We heard a knock on the door. Khalifa said come in and Bose came in to announce Dinner is served. Khalifa helped me up and we went down to the dinning table. At the table. My parents and my younger brother was already seated.

Mom said little prayer before we ate. I wasn't really feeling the food but I tried. I haven't eaten anything all day except for the Efo my mom made this afternoon.

I felt my stomach unsettling. I stood up and ran into the bathroom. I opened the toilet and poured all I've eaten. I felt as water was being poured on my head. I stood up and washed my mouth and my face. Khalifa came closer and hugged me. My mom stared at us intently

"Pele. "She said. "are you okay now" u nod .

"Khalifa go back and finish your food. Don't worry she's fine with me" my mom said. "Uhn. I think I'm okay here."..

"You need to eat something. You've been working all day. Don't worry she's with me" khalifa reluctantly released me and left.

"Anu o ti loyun" my eyes grew wide when she said that "I've been noticing since you came into my room this morning , just didn't want to jump into conclusion. Congratulations my baby". ..

I stared at her....shocked..suprise. I don't even know. I never thought for once that I might be pregnant. I don't know why that thought just didn't find it's way to my brain. I don't even know how I feel knowing I might be pregnant. I am  super shocked. I still need to confirm and all that. And Khalifa, he would be very happy if he finds out we might be having a baby. Subuhanallai! . What am I going to do.

"You still need to get the test done but I've had three kids myself and four pregnancies, I know how this works. All the signs are there. I'm sure you're pregnant. Oluwa seun"

My mom and I went back to the dinning table. My dad asked if I was okay I replied yes. Khalifa kept giving me this sympathetic look. My mind is clouded with thoughts. After Khalifa finished eating. I did not eat anything again. We left for our house in Dolphin Estate. There we spent the night and the next morning,we went back to Abuja

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 5.4K 88
Different cultures, different countries, different background bonded in Marriage without love. Meeting the ever-handsome Habib Aman dandachi from Gab...
137K 15.2K 67
Highest ranking #1( 3,4) "don't come close to me, don't talk to me , don't touch me , understood " Meet Ameerah Kabir. A 20 years old beautiful and s...
26.1K 3.5K 22
A story depicting two different people struggling with their lives and a simple arrangement changing both their lives. Sumayya Mahmoud is a stubborn...
64.9K 13.3K 42
A fiction book about two people meant to be, a book about Hammad and Yusrah. Hammad Buba Marwa is a 31-year-old microbiologist and, a handsome, class...