Do Better

Par theyhatedime

Prezi- Do Better Sequel to Keep it on the Real All Rights Reserved, 2018 © I do not own the rights to any so... Plus

Intro: Do better
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21

15

5.5K 160 110
Par theyhatedime

                               Yatta's POV

"You gotta keep your leg still, mama." I spoke to Cyncere as the nail polish continued to drip. "How yo mama be doing this thing?"

She laughed and pointed at her feet. "It's ugly, daddy!"

I shook my head and chuckled. "Your feet? Yeah, just like yo mama."

"I heard that, Kenyana." Mamé came out to the living room and flicked my head.

I gasped and looked over at Cyn. "You just gon let her hit me?"

"Mommy, don't hit daddy!" She pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. Mamé mugged me and I stuck my tongue out at her like a kid.

"You so pretty, baby." I looked up at Cyn as she focused on the TV.

"I know I so pretty."

Mamé and I laughed. "Uh uh mama, you're supposed to say thank you." Mamé spoke.

"You welcome." She replied. Mamé and I continued to shake our heads and laugh while Cyncere continued watching me paint her toes. Once I was done and let them dry a little, I picked her up to show Mamé.

"Let's show mommy your nails. You like em, princess?"

"Yes, I like them." She nodded and showed her mom. "Look mommy."

"I see, baby. They so pretty, just like you." She took her out of my hands to kiss her cheek. "What do you say to daddy for painting them?"

"Thank you daddy!" She spoke excitedly, reaching her arms out for me.

"Anything for you, pretty girl." I gave her a kiss and picked her up. "You wanna go show your brothers?"

She nodded her head quickly so I placed her down, letting her run off as she called Nehemiah and Karl.

"You straight?" I asked Mamé as I took a seat next to her, kissing her cheek.

Since the car incident, Mamé and the kids officially moved out the condo and back home with me. We got her car towed to one of my boys' shops, searching for some unknown fingerprints, on some real detective shit, but we were out of luck and didn't get any results back to piece shit together.

I wasn't playing about having a talk with Mamé. I really sat her down and we both got everything off our chest about what's been going on with us. Our whole relationship did a 360 over the course of 3 months. But after that talk and some good love making, we've been back like we never left.

As for the tour, I was about to leave. But after the talk, Mamé said that she still wanted me to go and not to cancel on my supporters. I wasn't going for it at first because we just got back good and focusing on us, but gave in since the tour was almost ending. But I'll make sure no funny business goes on these last couple of weeks, because I'm not risking my marriage for nobody.

"Yea, I'm fine." She smiled.

"You sleep good?"

"Could've been better, my nose was getting stuffy so I kept waking up." She replied. "And my back is killing me."

"My fault about that." I spoke and she laughed.

"How'd you sleep? What you dream about, baby." She focused on me and pushed her laptop away.

"I had the worst dream ever." I shook my head.

"About what?"

"Cyn. We went out somewhere, I forgot to be honest, but I took my eyes off her for one second and turn around to see some nigga who snatched her up, running off with her. Now when I tell you I turned into a track star, mayne I was bolting to that nigga. We were running for a long ass time, but for some reason I couldn't get to her. I woke up pissed as hell, heart racing until I realized it was a dream." I spoke.

"Aww, baby."

"I was so scared, blood. I woke her up out her sleep just to tell her that I loved her, then I ended up falling asleep with her after watching her for some time."

"I was wondering where the hell you went, y'all were the first two up, making them runny ass eggs."

"Mayne, forget you." I laughed. "Quit complaining because we made it right the second time."

"Okay, but the first time it wasn't. I don't need my eggs running away from me, making me chase them. Only thing I'm chasing is a bag, ya heard me?" She threw up my hood, trying to act like me.

"Don't ever do that shit again, blood." I shook my head as she laughed.

"I'm still scarred. When we leave this house, I ain't letting any of y'all out my sight."

"Where we going?" She asked.

"I wanna take y'all out."

"Where?"

"Anywhere. You pick, let the kids pick, I don't care." I leaned closer to her.

"Hmm. Kj been asking me to take him to Toys R Us for the longest, they having a big ole' sale. After that, we can go to the Pier."

"Fasholy, I saw some fly ass strollers in their commercial one time."

"Fly ass strollers? You're such a parent." She laughed.

I waved her off and chuckled. "Forget you. I just like my babies riding in style, ya heard me?"

"You a fool." She shook her head. "But the Pier is good?"

"Yea, it sounds like a plan. Gianna been calling me telling me she wanna come over, so we can pick her up on the way."

"Okay, that's fine." She responded.

_______________________________

Two hours later and everyone was dressed, ready to go. Tamia ended up dropping Gianna off at our place with her stuff, so once she got here, we headed out.

"Pick out whatever y'all want, forreal. Don't even gotta ask just throw it in the cart." I spoke as we walked around the large store.

"Is this Christmas part two?" Cyncere asked as the kids got straight to it, grabbing whatever they wanted with large smiles on their faces.

"You say that until you gotta clean all that shit up."

"Shut yo mouth, girl." I grabbed a swimming noodle and hit her with it.

"You must want me locked up, beating your ass in this store with all these damn cameras." She grabbed one and tried to hit me but I dodged it.

Before we could get into a real fight with the pool noodles, one of the workers popped up from around the corner and started fixing stuff on the shelves. Mamé tossed the noodle from her so quick, I just shook my head and laughed, putting it back in the box.

"I'm almost done. Just one more, I swear." Karl spoke as him and Nehemiah eyed more Nerf guns.

"Make it quick, we still going to the Pier." Mamé spoke as Cyncere dragged her to another  aisle to look at dolls.

"You don't what nothing? A lil doll or something?" I looked over at Gianna who was stuck on her phone.

"Uncle, Im 11 years old. I don't play with toys." She shook her head.

"Well excuse the hell outta me." I chuckled as I watched her go back to her phone. "Always stuck on that damn phone."

"You made me lose the game!" She shook her head, starting another one.

"Get off the phone, forreal Gi. We out in public and you stuck on it."

"Alright." She locked it and put it in her back pocket, helping Karl and Nehemiah find Nerf guns.

"See how easy somebody could take this from you? If I ain't say nothing you wouldn't even know." I spoke once I slipped her phone out her back pocket.

"No, I felt it. I would've known." She spoke as I handed it back.

"Better put it in your front pocket and secure that thing. Big ass phone for a little ass girl." I flicked her cheek and she winced like it hurt.

Once the boys were done getting their toys, we looked around for Mamé and Cyncere, soon finding them in an aisle with barbie dolls. We headed to the area with all the strollers, checking them out to see which one we liked best.

"This hoe cleaner than a mug." I spoke and Mamé laughed.

"I'm serious! And the seat look hella comfy for my baby, you can't lie." I responded.

After checking out all our items, we were headed out to go to the Pier and shopping center. We paid to get into the large parking garage, before searching around and riding in circles to find one.

"Ain't no type of parking." Mamé shook her head.

"G-Oh-Dee."

We got lucky once someone was getting ready to leave. We parked, then got everything we needed before heading out. It was a little chilly outside so I made sure everyone had on jackets. I don't wanna go home with any sick kids. After walking around for sone time, we made our way to the Aquarium of the Bay to see some sea animals.

Mamé wanted to pay the fee for the tickets we used to get in, starting off on the top floor. I already wasn't feeling it because of how many people were up in here, but the kids are enjoying themselves so I'm chilling. We went down to the second floor and that's when the kids really fell in love. There was a tunnel-like walk way which was surrounded with the glass that divided us from the seal animals.

"Your children are beautiful." Some middle aged woman spoke with a bright smile.

"Thank you." I returned the smile as I held Cyncere.

"Daddy, I wanna feed them!" She pointed at the closest fish.

"I don't know if we can, baby."

"There's a private tour that allows it, you'd have to go back up to the booths and pay for another ticket though."

"Forreal?"

"Yeah, not too pricey. I think it's worth it atleast, I'm an animal lover." She spoke.

"Oh alright, thank you." I spoke as Mamé walked over to us. "You wanna get a private tour? Cyn wanna feed the fish."

"Sure, it's whatever y'all wanna do." She spoke.

We walked around the aquarium a little more, taking pictures here and there, before we went back up to the top floor and paid for the private tour.

Once we met with our tour guide, he wasted no time showing us around and letting the kids do hands-on activities in their research lab. They got a closer encounter with some sharks, feeding them along with other underwater animals like sea turtles and stingrays. They got to pet some of them too, like the stingrays.

The tour took about an hour, and after that everyone wanted to eat. We looked around and soon were able to find a map of the Pier, looking for a decent restaurant.

"All these sea animals making me want seafood. How about you?" Mamé spoke as she handed me the map. I shook my head and chuckled.

"Yes, I want some crab." Gianna spoke.

"How bout y'all? Y'all wanna eat seafood?" I asked the kids. They all nodded, and Cyncere did so as she forced herself into Nehemiah's stroller.

After we all agreed on the same place, we headed over to the restaurant which wasn't far from the Aquarium. I got hungrier as we got closer to the restaurant, eager as hell to get food and to also take a seat since we've been walking for so long. I was surprised since the place wasn't as busy as usual, but there was still a wait.

Nearly half an hour passed before we were seated, so we used that time to use the restroom and figure out what we wanted with one of the menus. Once we got a booth, the waitress took our order right after introducing herself.

"Okay, I'll be right back with your drinks. By the way, I'm a big fan of your music." She spoke.

"I appreciate that, forreal."

"Can I take a picture with you? If that's okay with your family. They're too cute by the way."

"That's cool with y'all?" I looked over at Mamé and she nodded, giving me a small smile.

I took a couple pictures with the girl before she went to bring our drinks, then our food after a good 30 minutes since they were busy.

"Dawg, Im finna tear this up forreal."

"Who you telling." Mamé spoke as she fixed her bib.

After saying grace together, we all dig in. I helped the kids deshell the crab legs a couple times, but after that I wasn't stopping for anybody. The kids had a separate sauce since they couldn't have the spicy one, but Mamé and I were tearing it up, adding a little hot sauce to it. The food was hot as hell but I couldn't stop after the flavor hit my mouth the first time.

"Forget this." Mamé spoke after struggling with the crab leg. She picked up the cracker and got to work with it.

"Cheater." I spoke.

"Don't care. I'm hungry as hell and this shell just won't break."

"How you still looking hella pretty while you eating like a monster?" I asked her. She chuckled and shook her head.

"Bye, you tryna gas me up to get this big ole crab meat." She spoke as she pulled it out of the shell smoothly.

"Nah, you could get some of mine though."

"Oh, so you got crabs?"

"You must've lost your damn mind." I look at her like she was crazy. "Discard that crab part."

"You're sick." She shook her head, laughing.

After stuffing ourselves like crazy, we staying the booth since we were all too heavy to get up and walk. 20 minutes passed and we headed out so another family could be seated. We looked at the map to find something else to do while we headed into the many different stores, buying some souvenirs. The kids wanted to go to the Mirror Maze which sounded like fun, so we headed over there.

"Keep them gloves on Neems, they don't want y'all messing up them mirrors." I spoke.

Once we were let into the maze, we were met with glow in the dark lights all around us. I thought it would be kind of easy to get through, but the longer I looked around, the more trippy it got.

"I bet I could get us outta here." Gianna spoke.

"Ight then, lead the way." I spoke.

As soon as she turned to walk, she ran into a mirror.

"Gianna! You okay, baby?" Mamé asked as Gigi held on her forehead.

"You straight?"

"Yeah." She shook it off. "Somebody else can lead, I'm over this already."

We took our time in the maze, Mamé mainly wanted to get pictures of the kids with all the lights. It took us about half an hour in there, then we headed out to the Carousel that the kids were too exited about.

"Be careful! Y'all better hold on extra tight." Mamé spoke. "Gianna, please hold Nehemiah."

"Okay." She spoke as they headed on, going straight up to the top. There wasn't a long line for the small ride, so they got on quick.

I took a couple pictures of them then quickly switched to a video, laughing at the kids who did the same with large smiles on their faces. Cyncere and Karl were on one with Gianna and Nehemiah close by. Once the ride came to a stop, we went to see the sea lions that Mamé pointed out for Karl and Nemo.

"I wanna touch them!" Karl spoke excitedly.

"Nope, we ain't leaving this damn deck." I shook my head.

"Let's take some pictures, it's beautiful out here." Mamé spoke.

We took a whole bunch of pictures, a lot of silly ones because the kids can't be serious for shit. I think they get that from me though. After that, Mamé and I wanted to take some alone. I couldn't touch her how I wanted to since the kids were watching intently, and Gianna was taking the picture.

"I'm tearing that thang up once we get home."

The last place we headed was the Bay Cruise, which had a long ass line I didn't think I wanted to wait for. But Mamé seemed like she wanted to get on it, so I didn't complain about it. The kids pointed out the many sea lions as we waited, taking in the scenery as Mamé took more pictures.

"Say cheese, Neems. Stop looking so mean like yo mama." I laughed at him as he mugged the camera.

"You just keep playing with me like I won't beat the hell out of you." She hit me but I pulled her into me anyway.

"Kenyana Jones?"

I scrunched up my face and turned around once I heard my government name.

"Almost didn't recognize you, boy."

"The hell is you?" I asked.

"You can't be serious right now." He laughed but I didn't find anything funny.

"Who's that?" Mamé asked once I turned around to her. I shook my head and shrugged, putting my focus on the kids.

"I know you remember me boy. Was a good friend of ya mamas." He was still talking to me.

"Kj, let me take your picture with your brother." I spoke.

"Okay."

"Remember when you was that's boy height. Yeah, used to hate the fuck outta me." He chuckled weakly.

I clenched my jaw and put my phone back in my pocket, still ignoring him.

"You okay baby?" Mamé asked as she eyed me. I nodded to reassure her that I was fine.

"Every time he used to see me, lil blood used to try to beat the fuck outta me with them little ass fists." He laughed again. "You his lady, ain't it?"

"Aye blood, don't fix your mouth to ask her shit." I turned around towards him to make sure he heard me clearly.

"So you gon keep acting like you don't know me, son? I would've been the nigga to give yo ass a baby brother or a sister." He laughed

"I ain't yo fucking son, forreal. I been trying mayne, I'm trying not to fuck you up right now."

"Show a nigga some fucking respect, I fucking made you! All that street shit you rap about, I'm that reason!" He spat.

"The fuck? You ain't fucking make me nigga! All that street shit I talk about is all I knew growing up. You should know that shit, forreal." I got loud.

"Yatta-" Mamé spoke but was cut off.

"And why you think that?"

"Because you fucked up my life! You took everything I had mayne, my mama! I wasn't even 10 years old before shit went down how it went. My brother gone because of the shit we had to do to keep the fucking lights on. My pops was locked up and you knew my mama cut ties with my auntie, she ain't know where the hell we was at and vice versa!"

"We was like a family man, I don't know how you ain't see that."

"What the fuck? Blood, get out my fucking face talking that stupid shit. Fuck you know about family? Switched up on my fucking pops so fucking quick over a couple hunnid dollars he was finna pay yo ass back!"

"Woah youngin, you don't know the half. Speaking on shit well beyond your time."

"Streets was talking, I know a lot of shit that went down, fucking rat."

He chuckled. "You just keep talking that shit."

"Mayne, whatever. Stop fucking talking to me blood." I waved him off, now realizing how many people were staring.

"Uncle, when we gonna get on the cruise?"

"I don't even know, we may just have to leave because I don't wanna be here all night." I spoke as I tried to calm my nerves.

"Baby, lets just go." Mamé spoke.

"That must be Karl's baby. Or how y'all liked to call him, Cork, or Corko!" He laughed. "Yeah, she look just like his ass."

I shook my head, praying that was the last thing he was going to say about my brother. Only God knows what I'll do to him. That subject is hella touchy for me, and sometimes I don't even control how I react.

"You really testing me, blood."

"Too bad that nigga ain't live long enough to raise his kid. Better hope her and your daughter don't turn out like your mother, sprung on drugs, doing whatever a nigga ask for a couple dollars." He laughed as I felt my blood boil.

"Kenyana-" Mamé wasn't quick enough before I was already beating the shit out of dude. For him to speak on my mother, brother, daughter and neice all together was a wrap for me. I was throwing blows at his head, his chest and everywhere else I could hit him.

I got another good lick at him on his jaw, watching as it started to hang and blood spilled out his nose and mouth. I was about to get another in before I was being pulled away by 4 different niggas. I continued to charge at dude like I was a bull or something, but they had a pretty good hold on me.

"Remember my fucking face! Ima be the nigga to kill you, I swear to God!"

"Ma'am, I suggest y'all get on outta here before somebody calls the police." One dude yelled over to Mamé.

"Let me the fuck go!" I tried snatching away from them as they continued to pull me away from the pier.

"Calm down, we're trying to help."

"Ion need no fucking help mayne! I'm good!" I yelled.

"Kenyana please calm down! The kids!" Mamé spoke.

"I'm good, I'm good forreal." I wanted to calm my nerves, but I couldn't.

Once they finally let me go, I wiped the blood off my hands and my pinky ring, onto my white shorts, shaking my head once I realized what I just did.

"Thank you for the help.." Mamé turned to me after speaking to the men. I sighed and turned around, continuing the walk to the parking garage.

"Give me the keys."

"I can drive-"

"Give me the keys." She cut me off as she held her hand out. I sighed and gave them to her anyway. She helped the kids into their seats so I went straight to the passengers side, laying my head back and closing my eyes as I felt a large headache coming on. She started up the car and backed out the parking spot smoothly, driving home in complete silence.

Once we got home, I helped the boys out the car while she did the same for the girls, unlocking the front door so we could get inside. I went straight into our bedroom and took off my shoes, then my shirt so I could take a shower. Before I could even unbuckle my pants, Mamé barged in with an angry look on her face.

"The hell was that?"

I sighed. "Baby, I don't wanna talk about it. Forreal."

"Well we gon have to. You out here fighting in front of our children, who the hell was that?"

"That nigga w-"

"Not him! I'm talking about you. You usually wouldn't let anyone get under your skin in front of the kids."

"Did you not hear what that nigga was saying to me?!"

"I heard what he said, Kenyana! He pissed me off too, but I was thinking about the kids the whole time and I thought you were too."

"I was, and that's exactly why the fuck I went off. Nigga had mad shit to say about my people, I'd like to hear him now with that broke ass jaw."

"You don't even get it." She shook her head.

"I don't get what?! I know, I shouldn't have did what I did, especially in front of the kids. But it's done, I can't do shit about it now."

"Whatever." She waved me off and went to open the door for Cyncere.

"Mommy, Nemo scratched me." She turned the side of her face to show the mark with some skin off.

"Again?" She sighed. "I'm sorry baby, let me get something to clean that up." She spoke as she walked into our bathroom.

Cyncere made her way towards the bed, close to where I was sitting so I held my arms out for her. Instead of giving me a hug like I thought she was going to, she flinched and jumped back, catching me way off guard.

"Cyn, baby why'd you do that?"

"I don't want you to hit me." She looked up at me, honestly looking frightened. My jaw slightly dropped as I looked down at her.

"Ima clean it really quick, it's gonna sting a little. Okay?" Mamé came back to treat her face, until she looked at mine.

"What's wrong?"

"Cyncere, come here." I opened my arms for a hug. "I just want a hug."

She shook her head no and stepped back.

"Cyn, why are you acting up? Give your father a hug."

"No! Daddy gonna hit me!"

"Cyn, I swear I'd never hit you..." My heart broke just hearing her say that. I swear I would never expect those words to come out of my 3 year old daughter's mouth.

"Cyncere!" Mamé called for her as she left the room.

"Mamé, she gon hate me forreal."

"Ima go see what's up with her, we still have to talk though." She left me in the room alone.

I shook my head and laid back on the bed, wishing I handled the situation better.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

Tough love Par diamond

Fiction générale

233K 7.2K 68
EDITING this was my very first book so please don't judge 😭 under construction 🗣
11.6K 892 48
August Alsina 2023 ღ
47.1K 1.3K 34
𝙞 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙨𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙨𝙛𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙙.
527K 22.6K 62
" I ain't never been in love but I swear to god I want to love again" All copy rights reserved©️ (June 4 2020- Feb 9 2021) Editing