The Stepbrother (UPDATED)

By emopastelgirl

This story has been edited and updated! Please Read: WARNING! (R+18) This contains mature content and trigger... More

Author's Note
Please Read: Updated Author's Note
Oct 2022: Updated Author's Note
March 2023 Author's Note/Announcements and Other Stuff
🔪Prologue (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 1: Aurora (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 2: Proposal (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 3: Dinner (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 4: Wedding Dresses (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 5: The Big Day (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 7: Mr. Davies and Black Mailing (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 8: Creeping (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 9: The Night Her World Turned Black and White (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 10: The Morning After (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 11: Warning (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 12: Mouth Full of Lies (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 13: Followed (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 14: First Target (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 15: Better Lock Your Doors At Night
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 1: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 2: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 16 Part 3: Halloween Party (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 17: The Attic (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 18: Hello... Brother (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 19: Positive Result (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 20: Scars, Wounds, Lies, and Cameras (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 21: Realizations (UPDATED)
July 2023 Author's Note
🔪 Chapter 22: Sleepover Gone Wrong (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 23: Hospitalized (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 24: Runaway (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 25: Enough (UPDATED)
Might put this story ON HOLD or even DISCONTINUE this story and other stuff...
🔪 Chapter 26: Guts and Scissors (UPDATED)
Announcement
🔪 Chapter 27: Unraveled Past (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 28: The Talk (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 29: Revealing the Truth (UPDATED)
Thank you for 100k!
Author's Note
🔪 Chapter 30: Poison (UPDATED)
taking a break from wattpad
🔪 Chapter 31: Eenie Meenie Miney Moe, Catch A Lady By Her Toe (UPDATED)
🔪Chapter 32: If She Screams, Don't Let Her Go (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 33: Tag You're It, Now Let's Play Hide And Seek (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 34: Clock's Ticking, Your Time Is Up (UPDATED)
🔪 Chapter 35: Everybody is a Fool (UPDATED)
🔪 QnA!
Sequel Teaser!
🎉Thank you for 300k and 7k votes!!!
Prequel + Heavy Editing
If this story will turn into a movie...
hear me out: who would play as the characters in this story?
FINALLY! EDITING AND UPDATING DONE!

🔪Chapter 6: Music Box (UPDATED)

28.4K 845 400
By emopastelgirl

Edited on: 09/20/2021

Updated on: 02/07/2023

Aurora's POV

The day of moving into Mr. Anderson's house came and I just finished getting the last box of my belongings. It was hard saying goodbye to my old house filled with memories and the hardest part is to say goodbye to Heather and Eddie since we won't be living in the same neighborhood anymore. But I know we'll see each other in school and we could just visit each other's houses.

I head inside my new room and it will take a while for me to get used to seeing the changes in my room. My room looks more 'mature' and fancy-looking. The furniture looks so expensive (cause it is) and the headboard of my bed is made out of leather and it is the right shade of lavender. I even got my own walk-in closet with lots of brand-new clothes and shoes that my Mom bought for me.

Even though this whole moving-in day feels like leaving my old house that holds so many memories, especially the ones I had with Dad, sounds sad to other kids around my age but I only want what's best for the future.

Sometimes in life, you need to keep moving forward and change can be scary but you need a change of scenery for once.

I put my box full of belongings and wipe the sweat off of my forehead with a towel that is draped over my shoulder. I look around my new bedroom once more before I start opening a box and start unpacking.

__

Four hours passed and I finished unpacking. All of my old clothes are hung in the walk-in closet. Some of my bags are dangled onto the coat rack, my books are placed on the biggest shelf that is connected to the wall and my pillows and covers filled up the once empty-looking bed and give off a comfy vibe. I turn on the switch and my room brightens up.

I double-check every box in case I forgot something before taking them to the basement. Then I spotted a picture frame inside one of the boxes. 

I pick it up and I realized it was a picture of my family when Dad was still alive. Toby was just a little baby with his adorable pacifier in his mouth and I was around nine years old, wearing a pink dress.

I place it on the side table that is just right next to my bed. Then I stack the boxes into one and head downstairs to the basement.

I head off to the basement is located and realized that the door is slightly open so I kick it with my foot and I came face to face with a dark room like I'm sinking into a black abyss.

I tried to turn on the switch but just my luck, the light bulb isn't working. I pull out my phone and turn on the flashlight as my light source. I carefully head down the stairs, step by step, trying not to fall or slip. I noticed that there are some cobwebs hanging here and there as if no one doesn't have time to clean this place ever. 

It kind of smells bad and it seems dusty and thank God, I'm not allergic or sensitive to dust. I feel bad for those who need to stay away from dust though. And with every step I take, the stairs made uncomfortable creaking sounds like in a horror movie.

After taking a few steps and investigating the place, I reached the floor to the basement. I put down the stack of boxes and saw a string that is somewhat attached to the... ceiling? So I tug on it and pull it and the room brightens up in a flash. 

I look around the basement and it's kind of wide and spacious yet there are a lot of things tucked away here.

There are a lot of boxes being stacked, broken bicycles, old toys, and vases laying around, ovens and stoves that don't seem to work anymore, and a lot more. There's even a dusty and old wheelchair that is covered in cobwebs. I wonder if they ever used it before...

I put my phone down on a table nearby and I couldn't care less that there was dust everywhere. Then I grab the boxes once again and stack them aside next to the other boxes. After that, I walk towards the dusty table and retrieve my phone, turning the flashlight off and putting it into my pocket. Then I saw an ornate box on the table. I grab it and examine the box.

The design of the box looks so vintage and it seems to lose its paint. I got so curious, I decided to open the box and take a look inside.

It appears to be a music box and you can also put some jewelry in there. I look inside and there's nothing. I found a small metal handle and twist it until the music starts playing.

As the music starts playing as it echoes within the basement, I felt goosebumps all over my skin and chills went down my spine. Why the hell the music is super creepy?

The music is so eerie and it gives such haunted vibes. The music box looks handmade so this could mean someone customizes it... but who? It couldn't be Mr. Anderson since this music box is a little bit off for his taste. Maybe it's Steven... but can he create stuff like this? As the music stops, I immediately close the box and put it down.

"What are you doing here?" I got startled by the sudden voice from behind. I turn around and I realized it was just Steven. He was just standing there with his hands in his jeans pockets and as always, he was dressed in black and dark grey from head to toe.

"Nothing. I just finished unpacking and decided to put away my boxes here." I answered.

"I see." He said and he walked closer to me while looking around the basement as if he hasn't been down here in ages.

"I came down here as soon as I heard some music playing and I assumed you played the music box." He said, grabbing the music box and wiping out the dust covering it.

"Did you make this?" I asked.

"Yeah, I picked up a hobby of making things because I would get bored from time to time." He explained. "The music wasn't supposed to sound like that but it's a bit too late to fix it."

"Can I ask you something, Steven? It's just out of curiosity." 

"Sure, anything." He said.

"Okay. Um... what happened to your Mom?" I asked nervously while fidgeting with my fingers.

"Dad said she died after giving birth to me." He answered, putting the box down. "It made me think that it was my fault that she died. But enough about that. Your Mom told me that she has something to talk about."

"Oh okay," I said, and then we head back upstairs. He closes the door and motioned me to follow him so I did. He leads me to the dining room and I saw Mom and Mr. Anderson stopped discussing something once we came in.

"Steven, Aurora. We have something that we would like to discuss." Mom said and motioned us to sit down.

"What's this about?" I asked. "We're not in trouble, are we?"

"No, no, you're not." Mr. Anderson chuckled. "Listen, we are thinking about our honeymoon preparations and we decided that we have to leave you two and Toby at your grandparents' house because you still need to finish school."

"Oh, but which grandparents we're talking about here?" I asked.

"Steven's grandparents since they live nearby your school. " Mom said. "Don't worry, we talked about it and it's okay with them."

"And how long are you gonna be away for?" Steven asked, crossing his arms yet he is still calm even though his voice is a little bit blunt and he kept an emotionless, straight face.

"Two weeks," Mom answered. "We think that while we're away, this is the time for you guys to spend some time and get to know more about each other better while spending some time with your grandparents. And besides, we're a family now. So, are you guys okay with it?"

Steven and I look at each other before nodding our heads, saying yes.

"Alright. Then it's settled. You better start packing your stuff soon. That's all, you may go back to your rooms." Mr. Anderson said and he told us that we can go back to our rooms.

We head upstairs and proceed to our rooms. I enter my room and decided to video chat Heather and Eddie. I grab my laptop and sit down on my bed and I laid my back against the soft pillows. I turn my laptop on, go on our group chat and click on 'video chat', and wait for them to answer.

Steven's POV

Instead of going back into my room, I decided to go up to the attic.

Once I made sure that no one is in sight, I pull the string and the pull-down stairs slowly fell down and I climb up to the attic. I pull the staircase back to its proper place and close the door.

The reason why I forbid Aurora or anyone to go up here is that I've been keeping some secrets. The natural light of the sun brightens up the room through the window and the sheer white curtains tried their hardest to lighten up the mood but failed because of what I've kept here.

I turn on my computer monitor and watch Aurora chatting with her pesky friends through the CCTV camera that I've hidden in her room before she moves in.

"My parents are gonna be gone for two weeks and I don't have any plans during the semester break but I'll be at my grandparents' house from my stepdad's side of the family," said Aurora, and hearing her voice pleased me.

"Aww, but if you have the time, let's do something fun! And let's not invite Eddie since he's 'busy' and we all know what that means." Her red-haired friend said.

"Hey! That's mean and I don't have anything to do during the semester break." Her brown-haired friend, whose name is Eddie, said and pouted. I need to keep an eye on him since he seems to be really close with my Aurora.

"How about I'll hook you up with our lovely Princess Aurora here?" Hearing that... makes my blood boil.

"Stop calling me that. Just because I'm named after a princess from a fairytale story, doesn't make me a princess in real life." Aurora whined and it seems to me that her friends are bothering her and hurting her feelings. I turn off my computer and try to cool myself down.

And I remember what he told me two years ago...

"Once you found the girl of your dreams, make sure to never... ever lose her to someone else. Otherwise, no one will love you and you'll be all alone."

Oh, I'll be damn sure to never lose her. Even if it means staining my hands with someone else's blood until the end.

Edited on: 09/20/2021

Updated on: 02/07/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Endless obsession By L.A.G.

Mystery / Thriller

155K 4.7K 37
6 months after the worst point of Alexandra's life, she's finally starting to get back to normal. She has her own apartment, her best friend lived ju...
14.4K 370 36
Featured on @NA in It's Always the Butler|| Mystery + Thriller + Horror Wattpad's official reading list.✨ Featured on @StoriesUndiscovered on the 04...
1.1M 8.5K 9
WARNING‼️This book contains abstruse topics such as Dark Love, Abuse, Violence etc if you are not comfortable with the above please feel free to swip...
203K 10.9K 65
Her hands shook violently as she dialed the 7 digits to call her big brother. Her heart was beating so loud, and fast in her mind. She was shaking ne...