Peripheral Vision | ✓ [NOW PU...

By Eclipsityy

*~*~* REWRITTEN AND PUBLISHED AS HUNTINGTON AVENUE ON MY PROFILE *~*~* Zachary West has it all. Near-perfect... More

PV REWRITE: Huntington Avenue
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
A Note From The Author
☆ Bonus Chapter ☆

Chapter 7

2.3K 145 33
By Eclipsityy

C H A P T E R  S E V E N

Zach's P.O.V.

"Zach?" my mom asked with concern. "Is everything okay?"

I nodded as I put my books into my book bag. Apparently I've been feeling a bit off since the party, because I'm still shaken up by its events. I never want to be in that situation ever again for as long as I live. I haven't told my parents about the incident, because they'd tell me that I wasn't allowed to go to any parties anymore.

They're so overprotective, but that can be a good thing.

"Isn't that like the fourth time in the past day that you've asked me that?" I inquired, putting my book bag by the front door. "I'm okay, really."

"If you insist," she replied, giving me a pat on the shoulder. "You've just seemed a bit off."

"I'm fine," I reassured with a smile once again on my face.

To be perfectly honest, I'm still quite scared from Saturday. It really shook me up and the memories kept popping into my head. They just wouldn't leave me alone.

I heard the front door open a few seconds later as Mom called out, "Hayleigh! Time to go!"

"Coming!" Hayleigh's high voice exclaimed as she ran down the stairs from her room.

I heard Hayleigh's loud footsteps rush out the front door and I followed behind, scooping up my book bag on the way out. Almost at once, I felt cold drops of rain fall upon my head. Putting the hood up on my sweatshirt, I continued outside.

Honestly, I love the rain, especially when it's a bit warm out. It feels so refreshing and a bit comforting at the same time. Not missing a stride, I opened the passenger side door and climbed into the car, setting my book bag between my legs onto the floor.

I felt the soft rumble of the car's engine starting as it pulled into the street. Then, I felt the acceleration of the vehicle as we embarked towards school.

~•~•~

It had seemed a bit like Kelsey waited for me in front of the school, because when I first got out of the car, I heard her gentle voice exclaim, "Hey Zach!"

Almost immediately after, I heard Hayleigh scream from the back seat, "Hi Kelsey!"

I heard Kelsey laugh, and I did too as I then called out, "See you later, Mom! Bye, Hayleigh!"

"Bye, Zach!" she replied, with Hayleigh echoing the same words a few seconds after.

A huge smile spread across my face as I turned around, facing the school. I started walking towards the front doors, hearing Kelsey's quiet footsteps next to mine. We both were quiet, because I was unsure what to say. She was probably the same way

"You okay since what happened on Saturday?" she asked, breaking the silence after a couple minutes.

I hesitated a little bit before replying, "Yeah, I'm fine, thank you."

Her voice still seemed concerned as she inquired again, "Are you sure? I'd honestly be pretty freaked out after that."

"Let's just say that it'll be a party I won't forget," I laughed a bit awkwardly. "In all seriousness, thanks for inviting me," I added on, not missing a beat.

"Sure, no problem," answered Kelsey, her tone becoming a bit lighter with her response.

The last thing I want is for someone to be worried about me. I hate when people worry about me because they overreact. I'm just a normal person, right?

Right?

The sound of voices coming from every corner rose even louder as we walked inside. I shut the heavy front doors behind us. Like normal, I felt everyone's stares. Almost instantly, it became overwhelming as I turned my unseeing eyes to my shoes.

Kelsey must've noticed, because she gently asked, "Are you okay?"

I nodded, quickening my stride a little bit. I was honestly a bit nervous, because I knew that I'd have to confront Jonathan again, and I didn't exactly want to. Almost exactly on cue, I heard Jonathan's voice echo from down the hall.

"Hey, Zach," he sneered, emphasizing my name through his speech.

I sighed, slowly lifting my head in frustration. "What do you want, Jonathan?"

"Just saying hello," he bounced back. "Not being very friendly today or something?"

I was at a loss for words, unsure how I should respond. Before I could react, I felt a hard shove, sending me into the lockers against the wall. I didn't retaliate, because one, I I didn't want to start a fight, and two, I wouldn't be able to defend myself that well. I could feel the stab of pain shoot through my ribs, but it's gotten to the point that I've gotten used to this.

"That's enough, Jonathan," I heard Kelsey pipe up. "You've already almost drowned him."

Jonathan's voice turned extremely hostile as he responded, "Oh, so that's what this is about?"

Kelsey didn't say another word, so he continued without hesitation, threatening her, "You'd better keep your words to yourself, or you'll regret it."

"Leave her alone," I blurted out, suddenly feeling extremely protective over her. "Don't you dare speak to her that way."

I heard Jonathan pause for a minute, figuring out what to say. I wasn't expecting him to threaten a girl like that, and it really was getting on my nerves. I was furious.

"Fine," Jonathan spat as he stormed off, noting over his shoulder, "I warned you."

My sightless eyes were full of anger as he left, and I willed myself to calm down. Then again, he wasn't going to threaten a girl on my watch. It's one thing if it's me, but it's another if it's towards someone else, especially Kelsey.

"You okay?" Kelsey's clear voice asked again, after we were sure that Jonathan had left. She must've noticed my expression.

"I'm alright?" I inquired, my tone completely changing to my normal, gentler one. "But don't let him say those things to you," I suddenly remarked, surprising myself. "If he does, you tell me.. Please.."

"Okay..," she replied, sounding confused, but her tone was confident.

Kelsey's P.O.V.

"Why were you not letting me help him?" I questioned Amelia quite loudly before having lunch. "It was life or death for crying out loud!"

The anger was boiling in my veins. If Amelia was a true friend to me, then she would've let me help another. Instead, she forced me away to watch the whole thing, and it was absolutely horrifying.

"Sorry," she snapped. "It was a mistake."

The sarcasm in her voice was strong as she continued, "Plus, I thought you said he was a freak."

"But he's not!" I yelled, much louder than I meant it to be.

I froze, witnessing the stares of people in the cafeteria fall upon me. Honestly, I didn't care anymore. I was going to stand up for what's right. I wasn't exactly sure what to say, so Amelia piped up.

"You were saying?" she sneered, a devilish glare in her piercing green eyes.

I didn't speak another word, grabbing my lunch and walking off. I didn't want to spend another minute with Amelia, who I thought was my friend, so I went to sit with Zach, who was sitting alone.

"May I join you?" I asked when I approached.

I wasn't sure if he wanted to be alone or not until he replied, "Sure, go ahead."

I sat down, setting my lunch on the table. I felt more stares, but I turned them away. I didn't care about my reputation anymore. I wanted no part of hanging out with Amelia and her friends ever again. Plus, I enjoyed spending time with Zach way more.

"How do you just ignore everyone who's a bully?" I suddenly asked after a minute before I could stop myself. "Isn't that difficult?"

I could tell that Zach was a bit taken aback by the question. He seemed a bit confused before he responded genuinely, "It's much easier to ignore something if you can't see it."

I was about to respond, however Luke and two of his friends came over to our table. Luke seemed rather friendly, as he had a kind smile on his face.

"Hi, Zach, it's Luke!" he exclaimed. "Can me and my friends sit with you?"

"Yeah, sure," he responded, his eyes lighting up.

Luke and his friends then sat around the table, each taking out their lunches. They all seemed nice, as they all had welcoming expressions on their faces. I was wondering why I haven't seen Luke before Saturday, when I realized that I had basically been spending all of my time with Amelia, and no one else.

Man, I was missing out.

"Oh, by the way," Luke noted before he forgot. "These are my friends, Ryan and Marco."

"Hello," I said, a bit quietly. I have to admit, I was a bit shy since I just lost literally all of my friends from last year.

Thankfully, everyone at the table wasn't here to judge. They were all beginning a nice conversation, Zach included. He seemed extremely happy that he was making friends, and it made my heart light up inside.

I started to realize exactly what friendship is really about, and it wasn't about your popularity status at some dumb high-school.

~•~•~

Amelia ignored me for the rest of the day, so I decided to ride the bus home like I used to do before I met her. I was a bit sad that I had lost a 'friend,' but I was going to get over it eventually. After all, I had Zach and his new friends to hang out with now, and they're so much nicer than she'd ever be.

"How was school?" Mom asked when I walked in the front door.

I sighed a little bit. I wanted to tell her the truth about what had happened, about Amelia and her friends, but she seemed like she was in a good mood, so I didn't want to ruin that.

"It was fine," I replied, which was half the truth. "I made some new friends."

Mom turned around, a smile emerging on her face as she responded, "That's great!"

I smiled in return, because honestly, I was happy too since these friends were real ones, not fake ones. I didn't know them too well, but they seemed nice enough.

I set my backpack down and walked down the hallway to my room. I got onto my phone and opened up my Instagram, just to scroll through some pictures to pass the time.

In curiosity, I went onto Amelia's profile and realized that she had blocked me already. I rolled my eyes, setting my phone down. Just then, I heard the familiar barking of my dog become louder.

"Hey, Ace!" I called cheerfully as my spunky dog ran into my room, his little crooked tail wagging a hundred miles an hour.

Ace jumped onto my bed and into my lap. It appeared as if he had a smile on his face, and it got me laughing. I picked him up and cuddled him in my arms. Ace's adorable brown eyes were bright as they stared into mine.

That innocent look convinced me that family and real friends are the things that really mattered, not fake ones. I had been missing out this whole time, and now, I really regret it.

~~~

More character development! New characters have been added!

I seriously hope that you guys are liking this story, because I absolutely adore writing it! Any support that you feel left to give would be very much appreciated! Love you guys! :)

~Eclipsityy <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

792K 13.8K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...
3.7M 108K 29
Maisie's deaf, she understands what everyone is saying to her by reading their lips. But, high school wasn't easy for her. Been the new girl is alway...
66.7K 2.6K 58
**I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 13** Caleb is the typical guy that every girl wants. He's hot and charming, and he knows that very well. What makes him eve...
2.1K 303 29
Spencer isn't the average seventeen year old girl. She is intelligent, sassy, stubborn, independent and beautiful ( she doesn't see it, for she is lo...