All about business (clean)

By KCelestain22

What do you give a woman who has everything ? More

The meeting
Meet Up
I see you
One to remember
Im Coming For You
Why me ?
Just Great
Baby Daddy
Unexpected
The Truth
Not So Lonely
Do You Know Me?
Acting Weird
Playing With Fire
Sleepover
So far So good
Trust Issues
Issa Date
In The Morning
Love?
Violated
Old Flame
Weak
Snakes
Krazy
Unbelievable
Studio Love
Give it up
Psych
Unthinkable
Breakfast Klub
Desperate
Cold Blooded
Facing Demons
Fresh Air
Liar Liar Pants On Fire
Juicy
Issa Reveal
Party Crasher
Knuck if You Buck
Reconciliation
A resolution
An ending... for now

Exposure

1.2K 28 0
By KCelestain22

Bri

I waved goodbye to Blake as she pulled off from the front of the hotel. Dinner was nice ,but Im upset my baby got sick. I told her not to eat that raw stuff but she dont listen. She text me earlier and told me she made it safely. I was about to walk in the hotel when I decided to get her some medicine since there was a Walgreens down the block. I decided to just walk since it was a short distance. I buttoned up my coat and took off towards the store. I stared up at the buildings surrounding me and exhaled. I loved living in L.A. ,but I wouldn't mind living in New York. If me and Ryan can get it together maybe we could relocate here. Im sure she'd love to see her family more and I wouldn't mind being closer to my girls. I was broken out of my thoughts when I bumped into someone and fell to the ground.

"Oh my god! Im so sorry I wasnt looking are you okay ?", the familiar voice said.

I shook my head and felt two hands lifting me back up to my feet. I looked up and saw the guy from the other night holding me against him.

"Uhhh, thanks." I pushed off of him and tried to go around him. Unfortunately he grabbed my arm stopping me.

"Briawna wait a minute." He had a smile on his face.

He was so beautiful. I know he's a man ,but he is. His beautiful pearly whites flashed at me making my knees buckle. At the moment all I could see was the image of him naked standing in front of me that morning. The ripples of muscles aligning his chocolate body.

"I'm really glad I ran into you. I mean not the knocking you down part ,but you know. That night was really a blur and I know you dont remember our conversation , so I want a do over if thats cool? Like a real date?" He scratched his head.

"Uhh my girlfriend flew into town so I uhh..."

"Oh. Its cool", he said interrupting me, "but take my number just in case." He looked at me waiting.

"I dont think-" I started.

"Please , it wont hurt. And you never know." He shrugged.

"Ok." I pulled out my phone and opened my contacts. I looked up at him and he had that same sexy smile plastered on his face.

"Oh uhh its (212) 555-3647."

"Ok. Im umm really embarrassed to say this ,but I cant remember your name." I blushed.

"Hahaha, its good. Its Adaris."

"Adariiiiiiiis!" , an identical replica chocolate God yelled from behind him.

I eyed him curiously. This is apparently the one who was...well has been occupying Kierra. Yeah, her ass been wrapped around him since that night. I can't blame her . He's just as fine as his brother. Normally one twin looks better than the other , but this isn't the case with these two. He ran up from the distance and caught up

"Yo , man I lost you. I had to get that whipped cream for later on with ki-" he stopped and turned to me.

"Whoa wassup Bri? Nice to see you sober." He extended his hand for me to shake.

I shook it and turned back to Adaris.

"I gotta go", I told him.

"Alright. Use that number ! ", he yelled as I walked off.

I put my hand up and waved lightly not bothering to turn around. I walked up the block and headed into the store. I decided to text Ryan to see what she needed since I didn't know what kind of stomach aching she was having.

Me: Hey baby . Im at Walgreens what kind of stomach ache are you having? Im gonna give you some medicine.

RyeBaby🤪😍😘🤩: Just cramps. Maybe some Midol babe.

Me: ok !

I walked up and down the aisle looking for the pain medication. I found the Midol and grabbed it heading to the counter. I walked to the counter and handed the cashier the medicine and paid for it. I grabbed the bag and receipt and left out. I walked out of the store and headed towards the hotel. I walked down the block and stepped inside the lobby. The warm air hit me and my body shivered. I walked to the doors of the elevator and pressed the up button. I just wanted to get in bed and cuddle with my baby. The elevator jolted up and stopped on the 6th floor and I got out. I walked down to the door of the room and pulled my room key out of my clutch and slid it in the door. I opened the door and took off my heels closing the door back.

"Babe , I'm here ! ", I shouted.

I walked in and looked around the room. Ryan wasn't in there so I headed to the bathroom figuring thats where she was. I opened the door and peaked my head in. She was sitting in the tub soaking in a bubble bath. She had her ear plugs in with her eyes closed. I closed the door back gently and walked over to the bed. I sat down and pulled out my phone from my clutch. The screen was black with the red battery symbol in the middle. I sighed and set my phone on the charger. I needed to see if Blake made it safely so I grabbed Ryan's phone.

I put in the password and unlocked the phone. Her Uber app was still open and displayed her receipt. I was about to flick out of the app ,but The length of her trip was weird because Nobu was on 57th st and the hotel was on 5th avenue. I didn't wanna be the insecure girlfriend and go through her stuff ,but nobody about to play me either. She was acting funny before she said she started feeling sick and something has been off since she arrived. I looked at the map on the receipt and zoomed in. She went from the restaurant to Harlem and then back to the hotel. I know she has family out there ,but why lie about going to see them ? Something just doesn't seem right. I googled the address to see if it was a house or a business. I need more information. It was time to turn into Sherlock Holmes on this girl.

I scrolled through the results and there wasn't any information ,but there was a phone number. I grabbed my phone to see if it had come back on and it did. I opened my call log and went to the keypad and typed in the phone number. I exited out of the apps on Ryan's phone and locked it  placing it back where it was. The phone rung twice and then a woman picked up.

"Hello , this is Angel at Elemental Recording studio. How may I help you?", the voice said.

Elemental Recording studio? Huh ? Why would she be at a recording studio? And why would she lie about going there?

"Umm yes. My name is uh...Nia I was calling because my cousin came by your place earlier and I was trying to see if she was still there. Her phoned died", I lied.

"What's her name ? "

"Ryan."

"Oh yeah ! That's my boo she was here to see Dave ,but she's gone now. She left about 45 minutes ago."

Dave ? I know not. I need more information. Play it smart Bri.

"Dave? You mean Dave East?"

"Duh. I didnt think they would still be in contact after she left."

Still in contact? She knows Dave ? How? Why she didn't say nothing? This Angel girl seems like the talkative type. Maybe I can get some more info.

"Neither did I. Maybe they're trying to be friends?"

I crossed my fingers hoping she'd take the bait.

"Girl after that relationship they can never be just friends."

Relationship? She was in a relationship with Dave once upon a time? And she was really asking Blake about they relationship like ain't have no clue about anything !! What the fudge?

"Yeah you're right,but thanks for letting me know."

"No problem", she said. I hung up.

I really wanted to go straight into the bathroom and get on her case. I gotta call Blake and tell her about this. But first I need some answers for myself. I stood up ready to barge in the restroom ,but Ryan came walking out in her pajamas. She held a smile on her face and walked over to me kissing my cheek.

"Hey baby. I missed you. How was the bar?", she went on.

She was really putting on this act like she aint done nothing with her fake self! She really a whole lying sneaky hoe!

"Good. Ryan are you being real with me ?"

I tilted my head at her.

"What are you talking about? Real about what?"

I laughed and shook my head.

"Ryan. Im only gonna ask once and I suggest you be real cause I already know wassup. Where did you go when you left the restaurant?" I looked at her straight in her eyes.

She hesitantly looked away from me and sat down on the bed. She looked down at her hands and played with her fingers.

"Hellooooo?!" I was starting to grow impatient.

"I...I...uhhh went to Harlem. I just wanted to see my family Bri. I didnt want you to start about the whole coming out thing." She looked up at me poking her lip into a pout.

This stupid trick really sitting here lying to my face. Do I have stupid written across my forehead?

"Family? You ain't go see no freaking family ! You went to the recording studio to see DAVE. YOUR EX. MY FRIEND'S NEW NIGGA!"

"Bri I...I...I-" I put my hand up stopping her.

"If you gone tell another lie you might as well save it." She gasped. I never really had to get like this with her before ,but she deserved it.

"Just let me explain please." She reached out to grab my hand and I pulled back.

"Hurry up. I want to hear this", I snapped. My knee bounced up and down uncontrollably out of anger.

"Well, me and Dave grew up together. We went to the same schools and everything but we started dating after we graduated. We were together for a few years and right before he blew up we broke up . He cheated on me and while he was wrong I kind of pushed him to it. I was in love with him but I just couldnt deal with the groupies and the cheating so I checked out. Not too long after I met my husband well ex husband. And of course you know the rest. I haven't had contact with him at all since I left New York." She hunched over even more and a sadness was all over her face.

I wasn't falling for none of that though. Ryan is clearly an actress and I know its more than that.

"Ok , if you haven't had any contact with him how did you know he was at the studio?"

"Lucky guess?" She shrugged her shoulders.

I threw my head back and let out a laugh of disbelief.

"Nah , you knew because you heard Blake say that's where he was. Yo like who in the world are you? Why are you lying to me !? You know better than that."

"Bri...I..I love you. I'm sorry", she started sobbing.

"Hahaha girl you need an oscar", i said clapping,"this thing we had going is DEAD! You a sneaky hoe and I cant deal with you bro. Get your stuff and get out!" I stood up and grabbed her suitcase throwing it on the bed.

"And you better be gone by the time I get out this shower! Oh and I'll be mailing all of your things in California to wherever you plan on living now. Cause my house aint it ! Bye."

I walked into the bathroom and slammed the door. If I would've stayed in that room with her any longer I would've choked her out. She really tried to play me for a fool. I bet her whole reason for coming out here was to see him. Blake probably doesn't even
know what's going on. Wait until I tell her. Oh my God she's with him right now.

I stood in the bathroom and waited until I heard the room door open and close. Ryan knew to get out ,because she know I can beat her up. I opened the door and looked out. Sure enough she and her stuff was gone. I dont care where she go as long as I dont see her. I grabbed my phone and dialed Blake's number. She picked up after it rang a few times.

Hello?", she said groggily.

"Blake ! If you was sleep wake yo behind up ! You won't believe this stuff."

"Wh..wh...whats going on ? Did something happen to someone ? Is someone hurt ? Bri whats wrong?", she said with her voice shaking.

"No its nothing like that. Nobody's hurt yet. But they can be."

I looked down at my nails. I was mad as I don't know what and anybody can get it right now.

"Well what's going on ? ", she asked.

"Are you with Dave ?", I asked realizing I was on speaker.

"Yeah."

"Good. Now ask his ass WHAT WAS HE DOING AT THE STUDIO WITH RYAN A FEW HOURS AGO?!", I blared.

The line went silent.

Dave

I looked over at Blake who was now glaring at me. I gripped the steering wheel tighter. I'm confused as hell. How does she even know Ryan?

"How do you know Ryan ?", I asked.

"Dont worry about that. Just answer the question!", her friend screamed through the phone.

I scrunched my face like she could see me. Who she think she talking to ?

"Yo chill . You dont even know me ma. But BLAKE if you wanna know I'll tell you." I looked over at her. She held an unreadable expression on her face. She nodded.

"Well Ryan is an ex of mine. We ended years ago. After we broke up I never heard from her again. Last time I heard she was married. I dont know how she found out where I was but she popped up at the studio. She was talking trash about you and saying she wanted a nigga back and what not , but I shut her down quick. She bounced after that and that was it. Word to my muva." I held my hands up in surrender.

"She was talking trash?! i knew I should've beat her tail!", Bri screamed through the phone.

"Wooooooooow , she probably knew you were there because of me...." , Blake muttered.

"Because of you ? How?"

"Ryan is Bri's girlfriend, well ex girlfriend now. She was at dinner with us when I mentioned you being at the studio. Then she said she was sick. I guess thats when she left to see you. Wow I cant believe she was smiling in my face like that." She was staring off into space.

This is just too crazy. Ryan really done flew off the damn handle. She got a girlfriend now? Well had one. Then she was with my girl a few hours ago?!

"Yo , I never knew her to be on some crazy stuff like that. " I shook my head.

"Bri are you ok? That's foul what she did to you though." Blake was concerned about her friend more than she was about Ryan and I's history.

I'm glad though. It just shows she aint on the insecure tip.

"Yeah I'm good. Things between us was already rocky to start so this was just it for me. She kept lying to my face and everything even after I already found her stupid tail out!", Bri said .

"Well I mean at least you got the real her out before things got way too deep." Blake added shrugging her shoulders.

"Yeah you right. But that drama just drained the hell out of me. I'll hit y'all tomorrow!"

"Ok bae. Talk to you later", Blake chimed. She hung up.

"You good?", i leaned to the side asking her.

"Yeah , why wouldn't I be?", she raised a brow at me.

"That was a whole lotta drama."

"True , but you told me what was up so I'm good. Im not about to let some jealous delusional hating hoe ruin my night." She continued to look out the window as though nothing happened.

I let out a small chuckle.

"Heard Ju." I rubbed my chin and then placed my hand on her thigh.

She placed her hand over mine and we pulled up to my crib. I turned off the car and hopped out walking over to Blake's side to open her door. I opened it and helped her out and we walked to the steps of the brownstone. On the top step my cousin kayla was sitting there. I shook my head and placed my hand on the small of Blake's back. I instantly became irritated at the sight of her. What is she doing here ?

"Kayla why is you sitting on my porch like it aint 2 in the morning ?"

"I...I..Im sorry. I came to get my stuff that I left in the other apartment. I went over there and they said it was up for sale. Your mom said to try over here so I came and waited", she said looking down refusing to look up at me.

I smacked my lips and stepped over her unlocking the door. I walked in and Blake followed behind me after she helped Kayla into the house. I turned around about to tell Kayla to wait outside ,but blake stopped me.

"Babe", she sang batting her eyelashes at me.

I let out a long sigh.

"I put your stuff in a suitcase in the closet in my room . I'll go get it. I wouldnt want you to slip up and have somebody else on my bed while you up there."

Blake smacked her lips glaring at me. Yeah I was being petty , so what? I walked up the stairs and headed into my bedroom. I went to the closet opening the door and pulled he suitcase out. I turned around and Blake stood there looking at me.

"What?", I huffed.

"David , I know you're upset with her ,but she is still your family. You don't need to treat her like that. Everyone make mistakes boo. You were young once."

She walked over to me and stood in front of me with her hands on my chest.

"I hear you mama ,but that stuff she pulled was foul! How I'm supposed to over look that ,Huh? "

"I dont know. Only time will tell . But i told her she could stay here since its so late."

"You did what!?",I shouted.

"Babe...." She started to rub her hands all over my body. I knew she was trying to butter me up . It was working too.

"Ok ok ok. BUT I want to use my second favor." A mischievous grin came on my face.

Hey yall ! Its kinda short. Bare with me . Its gonna be a looong one tomorrow 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 330 23
Will Jai ever find the definition of a ride or die ?Tune in ..(Finishing Soon)
14.3K 839 26
************************************** A man who has never truly had everything and a woman who had it and lost it. Can they keep what they have foun...
71.9K 5.7K 35
She wants out of her marriage, but would she be willing to sell her trigger-happy husband and his sadistic crew out to start a new life?