The Choice

By Abha3006

Meet Tarun Mehra, all his life he had enjoyed the appreciation and adoration. Blessed with looks and physic o... More

Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Epilogue
Cast & trailer

Chapter-25

11.8K 904 62
By Abha3006

Kajal selected a knee length A line dress with front buttoned pattern, she completed her look with a thin brown belt around the waist. She checked her appearance opposite to the mirror and then undid the top buttons. 'Is it too provocative?' She asked herself , then smiled . She decided to let it be, even if Tarun or others though it to be provocative. After all, she was on a mission to win her husband back. She giggled to herself and then styled her long thick hair in soft curls, sliding her feet  into nude heels she stepped out and found her husband waiting for her. He looked anxious as he kept checking his watch. ''Shall we leave?'' She asked, her heart hammering against her chest. She waited for him to appreciate her effort, yet she feared about getting no response.

Tarun's eyes moved up slowly from her legs to her slender waist, they paused on her heaving chest and then he locked his gaze with hers. She went nervous , crossing her arms over her chest she asked in a stern voice, ''What are you looking at?''

He smiled, ''would you prefer short or a long answer?''

''In one line.''

He grinned wider, ''Just everything!'' Kajal opened and closed her mouth like a fish. She felt he cheeks heating up, all desire she had to earn some praise from him now flew out of the window. She stood fidgeting at her place, her eyes on the floor. Tarun took a step to her, ''You look beautiful!''

She lifted her eyes up, ''Is this just to make me happy?''

He leaned closer, ''You decide.'' And she decided to drop the topic for now. He too didn't push. He pulled open the door , ''After you!'' She smiled stepping out and he locked the door behind them. Tarun drove her to the part of city famous for the street food.

''I thought you are taking me to some fancy restaurant?'' She looked surprised. He opinion about Tarun's choices had led to the query.

''If you want I will.'' He offered

''No, today all by your choice.''  They parked and then walked into the busy street. He pointed towards a small eatery, ''That used to be my favourite place growing up. I used to come here and eat after college.''

''Can I try?'' She asked. He nodded and took her over to the place and ordered all he had loved for years. ''Its jut soul filing. I love it.'' She exclaimed in delight, and he smiled knowing she liked it.

''Can I ask you something Tarun?'' He nodded gesturing her to go ahead. ''I always thought you loved fancy places, like the one you are friends meet all the time. Then how come ?''

''That's all of us, this is me.'' he kept it brief

''You bought me here so that I know the real Tarun!''

He nodded, ''We never got a chance to show each other our real self. I just want to re-start again. I want to know you and I want you to know me, then we can know better what to do next.'' She listened to attentively and then made a funny sound licking her fingers, ''Sorry, I zoned out.''

He smiled, ''I can understand.''  She had soul content food and the he took her to a place where she couldn't help but exclaim, ''How come I never saw this place?''

''Because you would just roam around the outer circle and never venture in small lanes.'' He replied watching checking out the junk jewellery.  ''The first time I saw you checking these in SHimla, I knew you would like in here.'' 

She froze, ''You noticed!''

''You are difficult to ignore.'' She smiled at his words. She asked her opinion about the few and he gave an honest one. They moved out of the place and she unknowingly wrapped her arms around his excited like a little girl, ''This is the best date ever.''

''I am glad you liked it.''

''Umm Traun...I have few questions. Will you answer? '' She asked little hesitant. He gestured her to go ahead, holding her close to him. She swallowed and then asked, fearing it might spoil what they have gained after so long, ''Tarun, I know I don't fit in your beauty standards. You never wanted to marry me or someone like me. Then why are you giving this relationship a chance?''

he stared blankly forward, ''Frankly, I could never decipher what I felt for you after we interacted in Shimla. You intrigued me with your fiery nature and at the same time you repelled me with your attitude.   You confused me.''

''Why didn't you choose Sejal? She is beautiful....physically at least.'' Kajal asked again

''Is she? Sejal is a kid whose body grew but brain refused too. I could never see her that way.'' His opinion about Sejal made her laugh. ''About the beauty standards, I don't know what my standards are. They may be wrong in others eyes but like all normal people I too was influenced by physical beauty.''

''You don't find me beautiful.'' She asked a little hurt

''Kajal I guess you read my eyes at home, they said it it all. I never faked then and I won't fake now.  When we first met, frankly I was scared of you.'' That made her laugh again.

''Answer the 3rd one. Why you want to save this relationship''

''Relationship always mattered to me and I committed myself to you when I took my vows. In brief, I like being around you Kajal and I missed you.'' She stared at him unblinking. He noticed a group of guys dashing the crowd and pulled her to his chest warning the group to watch their steps. Kajal stood leaning on his chest watching him with adoration, ''You are fine right.'' He asked cupping her cheek with one palm and wrapped an arm around her waist. She nodded, ready to go all fragile at that moment. He wrapped his arm around firmly around her shoulder, walking to parking. 

As they drove back, she sat leaned on the seat staring out of the window smiling to herself. ''hey, are you fine?'' He asked worried about her silence

''I have never been better.'' She replied smiling at him. They came back around dinner time and decided to make something light. They cooked together spending some amazing time bonding over small things.

''I want to know  more about you.'' He said as they cleaned the kitchen together

''Are you asking me to take you on a date?'' She teased. 

he pretended looking thoughtful, ''Yes, your type...I want to know what you like and what you don't.'' 

''I enjoy scolding people.'' She said tongue in cheek

''Oh that I know, you know I am experienced in getting scolded by my lovely wife.''

''Is your wife lovely?'' She asked

''Oh she is! She has big brown fiery eyes that express her heart. Her hair are darker than the night and her anger can  make anyone sweat buckets.'' That made Kajal punch him. He pulled her close and then pinched her cheeks. She pouted like a child waiting for him to pacify her, he did placing a peck on her cheek. All happened so suddenly that for a moment they both went awkward,  pulling apart, ''We should sleep.'' He said to lighten the awkwardness. 

''Yes, good night.'' She said walking out

''Kajal!'' He called out, she turned and waited for him to complete. He smiled and stepped back a little, ''I guess we had a complete date today, so we can technically share the room"

She raised a brow at his words, he stood there giving her a teasing smile. She took a step closer and replied like a teacher, "Mr. Tarun Mehra, don't act smart. A date is completed  when a couple confesses and then they kiss." She immediately turned silent realising the words she used.He took a step, "shall we kiss then!" She stomped knowing he was teasing her, "No! I don't   want to be kissed....now"

"But you demanded one when we met at the club." He reminded her the drunken drama

"I was drunk." She reasoned her eyes on the floor.

" One speaks truth in drunken state" He teased more. She picked up a cushion and threw at him which he grabbed quickly.

"Why are you teasing me Tarun." She pouted

"Because I don't  want this banter between us to end." That was a genuine heartfelt reply. She took a step and threw her arms around his neck. Going on her toes she pecked his cheek softly, "Good night husband."

"Good night wife" he whispered over her face. She slowly separated her form from his, her limbs sliding down his body slowly. Taking a quick turn, she ran towards her room. Tarun gave her another sleepless night.

***

"Your daughter wanted a divorce so bad few days back, and now  it has been 2 weeks since she last called. " Sheela said with a smile on her face.

"Now don't   tease her on that or she will come back to prove some stupid point of hers. " Arun said with a shake of his head.

"Why would I? Its so peaceful in here with she at her husband's house or she would be throwing all kinds of childish tantrums just because she wasn't  with the one she loves so dearly. " The couple laughed. They were thankful that their daughter was now on the way to her bliss. 

For days her mother had discovered her wet pillows and papers full of Tarun's name. Though she always stated he didn't  deserve her yet soft spoken and cool minded Tarun had made himself a place in strong headed Kajal's heart. 

They too loved him, he wasn't anything like the snobbish son in laws of many of their friends and relatives, who felt it was their duty to gain extra respect of their inlaws. Tarun was humble and very polite,   not even once he blamed Kajal or tried getting rid of her. Instead, he did all to keep his relationship intact.

****

The Mehra house hold was no different. Since Kajal decided to shift back, Devyani and Jatin had been at peace. They were sure, things would clear up between them and the couple would eventually fall in love. Devyani was proud that she chose Kajal for Tarun , she had a firm belief that it was just Kajal who could balance all negatives of her son.

"We should call them for dinner sometime soon." Devyani suggested, beaming with happiness

''No, not until theses 2 fools are settled. Let them enjoy the martial bliss, don't be a bone.'' Jatin replied going back to his newspaper.

''But I want to celebrate.'' She reasoned

''Its too early, and if you so damn serious about celebrating let me take you on a honeymoon!'' He teased intentionally to divert the topic. Jatin didn't wanted the new couple disturbed for now, after a big emotional bump the 2 had decided to sort their differences out and Jatin didn't wanted them disturbed or distracted. He knew his wife was excited and happy, he felt the same but it wasn't the right time.

''So shall we plan the honeymoon.'' He asked tongue in cheek. She threw a napkin in his direction, ''Shut up! You can't climb few steps without huffing and wants to take me out on a honeymoon! What's the point!'' She replied with  a hidden meaning.

Jatin frowned , his eyes went saucers when he realised the meaning of the whole thing. After a minute the couple shared a good laugh. 

***

When many were  happy about Tarun Kajal getting back together, Robin was sleeping on thorns. His ally had updated about Kajal moving back with Tarun, he couldn't get details on the divorce and concluded the couple had decided to give their relationship a chance. He knew he just had little time to convince Kajal. Robin was sure she would leave the spine less man like Tarun for him but he wasn't aware that Tarun wasn't spine less , he was calm like a sea who had the capacity to ruin if angered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was this one, do drop in your views and Happy Dusherra . May good always win over the evil.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 67.7K 49
"Mr Mehra you are in no position to interfere in my matters. I could have handled the situation by myself without you getting involved in it. I am co...
2.1M 82.2K 72
Preeti is a simple girl like every indian girl. Her parents fixed her marriage to Siddharth who lives in America. Siddharth and her family came Preet...
9.2K 407 42
In the charming uncertainty of life, they stumbled upon each other's worlds and discovered a connection that would change everything. As their hearts...
9.8K 766 23
"Maybe that's all they will ever be- an incomplete sentence, a half written story. Finished , without an ending" เน‘โ โ™กโ โŒ“...