Memories Back Then. ✓

By CloutSamurai

Work #6 // Memories Back Then | Beyoncé has just gotten back to states after a 13 year deployment in Japan. L... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
NEW BOOK 👀

Chapter 15

3K 151 115
By CloutSamurai

« Beyoncé »

"Beyoncé, it was really nice seeing you again! I'm really excited to get you in the office next week." Ms. Diana, the owner of the hospital and friend of my mother, said.

"Thank you for having me, Ms. Diana. I'm excited as well."

"I knew as soon as Nicki told me you were interested in working here that I would be getting you in here for a meeting soon. We're short on staff up front. So you can work up there with her and we can start patient training some time next week as well."

"Sounds great!" I told her. "Thank you!"

"No, thank you! You take care hun!"

"I will! You too!"

"Thank you!"

I left the hospital realizing it was time to pick Q up from school. He didn't have football practice today, which was good cause we're having some family dinner tonight with Shawn and I's family, let me tell you, Q takes longer than the average female to get ready.

I pulled up to the curb just as the kids were being released. He opened door in the back and got inside.

"Hey baby boy."

"Hey!" He said snapping his seatbelt.

"How was school?" I asked him, pulling off.

"Good!"

"Anything interesting happened today?"

"Nope, not really." He shook his head.

I nodded slowly coming to a red light. "So you wanna tell me why your Dad is planning this family dinner tonight?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I don't know!"

"Okay, well go home and take a shower and dress nice." I told him. "And I'mma need you to not run on colored people time cause I kinda wanna be there before we eat dinner. Not after. Thanks honey bun."

He laughed that goofy ass laugh like his father. I shook my head with a small grin on his face. 

« 6:53 PM »

"SHAWN QUINCY CARTER, ARE YOU READY?" I yelled from my bedroom.

"I'M BY THE DOOR." He yelled back.

Shocking.

I finally decided on something that fit comfortably because everything else felt snug and tight. I'm not sure why considering I just bought the stuff a couple weeks ago. I guess I've gained a little weight lately now that I look back on what I've been eating lately.

I texted Shawn and told him we would be a little late so he held it off until 7:30 PM. The dinner was located at La Tavola. By the time we had arrived, everyone else was pulling up.

"What is going on?" Nicki asked following me inside.

"I have no clue." I mumbled, walking inside to see me and Shawn's immediate family and friends.

I have no idea what's going here.

« Shawn »

Beyoncé and Quincy came in the private dinner room. My baby looked amazing as fuck.

"Hey beautiful!" I smiled.

"Hey baby!" She hugged me.

"Wassup? I ain't seen you all day." I said in her neck.

"I know! I had my interview and had to run some quick errands while you and your son weren't getting on my nerve." She said.

"Oh! Well, have a seat." I pulled her seat out for her. Then I took a seat myself. "Wassup man?" I spoke to Quincy.

"Nothing." He said sitting on my right side.

"How was school?"

"Good!"

Everyone ordered their drinks and foods. I've been really thinking about tonight. I'm excited and nervous cause it's kind of weird how I found out she was pregnant instead of her finding out and telling me. I don't know how she's going to react but I'm prepared for anything.

The food came about thirty minutes later. In the mean time, we talked and socialized together. "Okay, man you gone tell us why we having a family dinner?" Kanye asked.

"We can't just come together and have dinner? Damn! It's been a minute." I chuckled, they laughed.

"Yeah! We can!"

"But no, it's a reason. Give me a minute." I stood up to grab the gift bag I had for Beyoncé hidden in the corner of the room.

"We had to bring a gift?" Meek asked.

"No nigga! Shut up." I told him.

They busted out laughing.

"Aight, so baby, I got you this gift. I guess we could say that this dinner is to celebrate your hard work and accomplishments with your classes. So here is a congratulations gift from me."

"Awwww!" Everyone gushed including Beyoncé.

She began to pull out the things inside, including: some expensive perfumes, a Gucci handbag, a silk pajama set and a necklace.

"This is so sweet, baby!" She said. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome." I kissed her lips.

I sighed deeply, "I gotchu something else too." I told her placing a small gift bag on the table in front of her.

She looked inside and pulled out a box similar to the box her necklace was in except it had a bow around it.

"Open it?"

"Mhmm!" I said sitting down beside her, grabbing her hand once she pulled the bow off.

"WAYMENT, YOU PROPOSING SHAWN?" Nicki yelled from the other end of the table. "LET ME SEE!"

They busted out laughing, "No girl! I'm not proposing."

"Oh!" She said.

I looked back at Beyoncé staring at the positive pregnancy test. She was confused as hell. Solange looked down at her lap and gasp. Then she looked at me making me smile big.

"Stop playing." Solange said.

I nodded.

"Shawn, who's is this?" She asked.

"It's yours." I told her.

She was confused. "This can't be mine baby." She told me.

"It is! I knew you was feeling sick so I went to get some pregnancy test. Remember I told you I had to pee to save the water, but I was really using it to test the water. I took three different ones and they came out positive."

She didn't know what to think. All I know is she wasn't happy. I didn't think she would be jumping up and down crazy, but I wasn't expecting this reaction either. She looked at the other two test.

She close the box back, pushing her chair back. She headed out the side door onto the balcony of the restaurant. I sighed, watching her mother, sister and Nicki follow behind her.

I gave her a minute.

"Is she okay?" I asked her Mom once she came back inside.

"Yeah! She's fine." She smiled grabbing some tissues.

I thought they were for Bey, but they were for her. She came over to me with her arms stretched out. She pulled me into her embrace as everyone's cheers got louder and louder. I chuckled.

"Congratulations, Shawn!" She said.

"Thank you Mama!"

Solange came in all teary eyed, fanning herself. Basically, everyone was physically excited about the baby except Beyoncé. I walked out on the balcony where she was wiping her face.

"Baby, I'm sorry!" I said.

She sniffed.

"I didn't mean to make you upset in any way. I'm sorry."

She still wasn't saying anything.

"Tell me how you feeling. Tell me how I can make it better." I said.

"Well for one, you could've fucking told me alone. Not around our families." She spat. "It's obviously too early to even tell and telling everyone about it before I knew myself was not a good idea. I'm still high risk for miscarriage and with everything coming up, I'm stressing just a little bit."

I didn't think about that.

I scratched my head.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking." I told her.

"You're right. You were not thinking." She said sternly.

I tried to grab her hand for her to only pull it away.

She began to cry softly, "You know I wouldn't have want to announce this to our families like this. It's just so risky, Shawn! It wasn't the time or place."

I felt so horrible.

"I'm sorry!"

That's all I could say. I didn't know what else to say.

She walked back inside to grab her purse and phone, leaving the gift bags. I gathered them for her. I grabbed for her leftovers her mother had put in her to-go box.

"Thank y'all for coming! I'm sorry about everything. I guess I was too excited. Y'all drive home safe."

"Shawn, she's fine!" Mama Tina said. "Y'all will be fine. Just give her some time."

"I will Mama! Thank you!"

Quincy had went with his Mom. She was already gone by the time I got outside. I drove to her house and went inside using the key I had.

"Where your Mama at, man?"

"Upstairs with the girls!" He said.

I gave the door a soft knock, then walked inside. I placed her things in the bed. Then I took a seat. Her Mom wasn't too far behind me evidently. She came in the room and closed the door behind her.

"Shawn, can you go home?" She asked. "I'm sorry! I know you like to stay here on the weekends, but honestly....I don't want to deal with anyone right now."

"Yeah! You left your bags and food at the restaurant." I told her.

"Thank you! Goodnight!"

"I don't get no hug, no kiss?" I asked.

She know she couldn't resist my touch and kisses. She stood up in the edge of the bed to kiss my lips.

"Call me if you need me."

"I will." She said sitting back down.

I bent down to kiss her forehead, then I left after telling  my boy bye. I'll admit! I feel so horrible. I wasn't thinking about the risk of her or the baby. I was just excited!

When I got home, I took a shower to see if I would feel any better. That shit didn't work.

The guilt was definitely because I needed to apologize.

________________
Thanks for reading! ❤️

🏹 Thoughts on Beyoncé's reaction?

🏹 How do y'all feel about the whole situation? Shawn's dinner idea? Shawn's apology? Anything?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 8.2K 46
Work #4 // Submissive | Beyoncé was a single mother of three when her long time boyfriend, Shawn, was arrested when she got pregnant with their firs...
75.9K 1.7K 17
After 3 years of finally meeting her mother and spending time with her. She is finally forced to live with her due to the way the papers were organiz...
13.9K 1.4K 9
Onika needed a change of scenery. The moment the ink dried and her divorce finalized, she ran to Houston though she knew absolutely nothing and no on...
19.2K 690 19
Inmate 268-192 aka Shawn Carter returns home to his girl Bey and two kids. By atlantapimpinmyway.