Peripheral Vision | ✓ [NOW PU...

By Eclipsityy

*~*~* REWRITTEN AND PUBLISHED AS HUNTINGTON AVENUE ON MY PROFILE *~*~* Zachary West has it all. Near-perfect... More

PV REWRITE: Huntington Avenue
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
A Note From The Author
☆ Bonus Chapter ☆

Chapter 1

4.6K 210 132
By Eclipsityy

C H A P T E R  O N E

Zach's P.O.V.

"Are you sure that you don't want any help?"

I sighed, grabbing my book bag and climbing out of the car. "I'm fine, Hayleigh."

My sister has always been there for me. She's only seven, but she has a kind heart, and is always willing to help. In fact, all of my family is. They offer to carry things for me, tell me where everything is in this new town, and they even help me up the stairs to my room sometimes, but I can do those things on my own. They're always looking out for me, which I appreciate, but being blind doesn't make me helpless.

That's why I want to go to a normal school for a change, to do what normal teenagers do and to make some friends like everyone else.

I'm just a normal person with one simple flaw that people never seem to overlook. It's not even a big deal to me. People can't seem to see me for me, and that's what I'm hoping will change.

"Are you sure?" Hayleigh's sweet voice echoed in my ears.

"I'm sure," I replied, giving her a grateful side-hug in which she returned excitedly. "Thank you."

"I like hugs!" Hayleigh exclaimed with joy, her arms wrapped around me tightly. She wasn't letting go anytime soon.

"I know you do," I responded with a gentle smile, gently holding onto her arms and releasing her grip. This girl's much stronger than she looks. "But I need to get to class, it's starting soon."

"Aww okay," whined Hayleigh, and I barely was able to stiffle a laugh. "But you'll be gone all day!"

"I'll be home this afternoon. In fact, I think you're coming with Mom to pick me up," I retorted playfully, and I could literally hear the smile in her voice.

"Okay!" she bounced right back, and I gave her a small wave.

I shut the door behind me and turned around. Even though I wasn't able to see anything, I knew for a fact that there was a huge high school in front of me. There seemed to be someone at every corner because their voices reverberated off the walls of the building and into my ears. Since my sight is impaired, I find it much easier to use my hearing to find my way around.

I'm not sure what it is, but my hearing is apparently really strong. For example, I hear things that someone with vision, like Hayleigh, wouldn't. I call it a bit of a superpower.

"Bye, Zach!" my mom called before she drove off.

I turned towards her gentle voice and waved. I heard Hayleigh also yell to me and a smile crawled across my face. It meant the world that my sister cared so much about me. After the roaring of the car's engine faded away, I turned back around and began walking through the front gates.

A gentle breeze flew through the air and I could tell that the sun's beams were radiant. The warmth of a late summer day shone down onto the back of my neck, and I loved it.

Unfortunately, it had to be left behind as I had opened the front doors to the school. Luckily, my hand was in front of me, or I would've collided with the heavy door in between me and the massive hallway ahead.

Just like yesterday, which was my first day, I felt the stares of my peers latch upon me. Even though I was unable to see them, I felt them just the same, and I wasn't sure how to react, so I just kept on walking.

Living in a world of total darkness was a lot to handle, and being condensed to a building filled with other teenagers was a whole lot more. Once again, I attempted to weave around the crowds of people, but after a bit, that didn't go over too well.

"Haven't I told you to look where you're going?" the same angry voice from last time scoffed.

I attempted to regain my balance, but felt a hard shove to my ribs, knocking me to the floor. I quickly became disoriented, because without my sight, I didn't have an exact idea of which direction was which.

"You know I have a sight impairment," I stated, my voice calm. "I told you yesterday."

"And you think that I care?" the voice replied. Even though I couldn't see it, I could tell that the person who had decided to push me had a smirk on his face.

I reached towards my book, which had fallen on the floor when we collided, and I heard the bully kick it away. "You have a lot to get used to in this school, kiddo," he exclaimed, pushing me aside one more time.

"Hey Jonathan!" I heard another voice call. Jonathan must be the name of the guy who confronted me.

Sure enough, I heard his voice then ask in an annoyed tone, "What now?"

"We're going to be late for class if you don't stop messing around," his friend responded.

I heard an aggravated sigh come from Jonathan as he walked off. When I had finally found my fallen book, I picked it up and got back onto my feet. Somehow, I managed to find my first class again.

When I opened the door, I felt more stares, and they were penetrating deep into me. I felt extremely self conscious as I made my way towards the back of the classroom. Not much happened except me taking mental notes on the teacher's words. I couldn't exactly write them down.

Afterwards, I exited the classroom with my books in hand.

More stares.

Do these people have anything else to stare at?

As I stepped forward, I felt something hard against my ankle and I fell directly on my face. Someone, and I think I know who, tripped me in the doorway. I heard subtle laughs in the distance and sighed, getting myself together.

Why wouldn't anyone give me a break in this school?

Kelsey's P.O.V.

"Hey Kelsey!" I heard Amelia call to me from the lunchroom. "Come sit with us!"

I looked around, then saw Amelia's friendly face staring right at me. She only has a friendly attitude towards select people at this school, and I'm lucky to be one of them.

She's one of the most popular people in this place, and when she mentions something that she wants, she'll get it. I didn't want to decline the invitation, but she was one of the mean girls at the school. I thought about it for a little bit, and I must've looked a bit awkward, just standing in the middle of the hallway.

"Well, come on!" she prodded, sugary sweetness dripping from her lips.

Not hesitating one more second, I jogged over to her and her friends. I waved hello, and they led me to their table, where some more of Amelia's friends were already sitting. The cafeteria was completely full, and it was a tad overwhelming.

Everyone seemed to have a friend to talk to, and if I didn't know Amelia, I'd most likely be all alone. From the sound of their conversation, they were gossiping. It made me feel a little bit uncomfortable, but being the naive person that I was, I joined in.

"Hey, have any of you seen the new guy?" one of Amelia's friends asked the group in between two bites of her turkey sandwich.

I shook my head, not saying anything due to the amount of lettuce from my salad that was in my mouth. I love lettuce.

"Yeah, he's a weirdo," another girl chimed in. "He can't seem to notice anyone in his path."

"What do you mean by that?" I questioned, clearly confused by who they were talking about.

Amelia, who was sitting right next to me then answered, "He always bumps into Jonathan in the hall, which is a huge mistake on his part." She took a bite of her sandwich then continued. "Can't seem to find anything that's dropped and gets confused."

"Maybe he can't see well?" I suggested, trying to be reasonable.

"Maybe, maybe not, we don't know," Amelia noted. "We just know that he's odd. Don't affiliate with him."

I nodded, half agreeing. From her words, he did seem a bit strange, but I shrugged it off. Probably didn't even matter anyway.

When lunch came to a close, I barely finished my salad. I didn't think I was that much of a slow eater. It was chaos when everyone at once attempted to exit the cafeteria.

On my way out, I felt another body slam into me. I was caught off guard and stumbled backwards.

"I'm so sorry," a concerned voice exclaimed. It seemed like it was full of worry, and I instantly felt bad for getting into that person's way.

I looked up, and noticed this person's eyes immediately. They looked a bit glazed over, and they were out of focus. I knew at once that he had a sight impediment.

This must be the guy that Amelia and her friends were talking about, and I wasn't sure if I should believe them or not. Shaking that thought away, I pulled myself together and stood back up straight.

"No, no, it's okay," I responded, trying to express how I felt through my voice so he'd know I wasn't upset about it. "Don't worry about it."

"Come on, Kelsey!" Amelia shouted from through the doorway. "What's taking you so long?!"

Sheesh, talk about demanding.

I quickly waved to the guy and walked off, forgetting that he was blind and wouldn't see my gesture. Amelia and her friends were waiting for me in the hall with impatient expressions on their faces. Rude.

"Let's get to class," I exclaimed, a bit out of breath from speed-walking. Let's just say I'm not in the best shape in the world.

"Sounds good," replied Amelia with a subtle grin, a couple of her fingers whisking through her hair, pulling out the curls and letting them bounce. "Don't get held up this time."

~~~

Hello, and welcome to Peripheral Vision!

I hope you enjoyed this first chapter! You get to meet both of the main characters! Just a little side note: this book will be written in dual point-of-views in each chapter to see the story from both sides. I figured it would be something different, and hopefully something you guys enjoy! Much love!

~Eclipsityy <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48 2 16
Rachel Dawn Evans, a high school girl who has a big crush on the boy with ocean eyes. To her, he seemed like a nice guy and would like to get to know...
874K 21.8K 25
He's a Goodie-Goodie, And He's a Dirty Rich Boy. He volunteers at soup kitchens, He's never worked a day in his life. He would rather spend time with...
807 69 31
This amazing story written by me, Captain Giggles, is full of action, drama, humor, and much more to somes likings. If you don't like his book I unde...
4.3K 681 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...