Unforgettable Second Chances...

CeruleanBlues tarafından

When Raine was just a child, someone had promised her that he would one day come back for her and they would... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (part one)
Chapter 8 (part two)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (part one)
Chapter 10 (part two)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (part one)
Chapter 13 (part two)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (part one)
Chapter 17 (part two)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 - SPECIAL CAMEO
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Marcus' Wish

Chapter 14

8.4K 255 8
CeruleanBlues tarafından

So yeah! I'm back for today's update! WHOOOOhoooo!!!!

Anyways, just took up my Psychometrics exam (I'm half sure that I'll certainly pass) and Zoology (which I'm very 105% confident that I'll pass :D  )

I'll only be having two more exams to take before my midterms are over and I'll be able to update much earlier than updating days or weeks more or so...

I'm not sure whether you'll be liking this chapter since this. . .  well I'd better not spill out so just read ahead below.

Song for today: The Love I Found In You  by Jim Brickman (This song is actually dedicated for Greyson and Meryl, Gregory's parents   ^_^ )

note: Not edited

Love lots,

~CeruleanBlues~

======================================================

GREGORY’S POV

Friday

As much as I wanted time to stop and rewind everything before I had agreed on a proposal I never knew that I would be the one to break it, I couldn’t do it. Not even the my title or my status could prevent what was about to happen. Perhaps, it was my biggest mistake to decide things to easy under pressure that I never knew about the consequences that were about to happen at the end.

One thing for sure is that I’ve made a grave mistake when I accepted Belle’s proposal.

I shouldn’t have accepted in the first place that I would accompany Belle’s cousin a week before she would return back to her home. It was absurd to find a person being with someone else especially you’re already enaged to be married.

However, desperate times call for desparate measures, and I was indeed desparate. It was for my father’s sake in granting my mother’s last wish on her deathbed that I would be off married someday to someone who’ll give them many grandchildren.

Now, everything is becoming a disaster.

I should have tried falling in love with Belle, since she would be my lifetime partner. Instead, fate just put me in such a childish game that I have to fell for someone, who happens to be related with my fiancee.

Raine.

I had to admit to myself that when I first saw her, I immediately admire her. There was a saying it was love at first sight, but I wasn’t that kind of type. Although, when I get to spend time with her more, I knew instantly it wasn’t just a mere admiration.

When she herself to me willingly, I knew right then I was falling in love with her. What’s more, I was honoured that I was the first man for her. If I wasn’t engage at that time, I would instantly offer her marriage since it would be the honorable thing.

Sadly, once again, fate had to step in.

She said that it was a mistake, which angered me that I wanted to grabbed her and kiss her senseless and to make her take back the words. Yet she was still firm of her principle, she even said that it was just hormones, although I thought the otherwise.

Raine once mentioned that she can’t accept my feelings since I was engaged to her cousin, and that she doesn’t want to be the reason for a broken relationship. Could it be possible that she experience the same situation? I did asked her about it but she wasn’t able to answer since Belle had arrived.

It even made me realize that I love her more when I felt jealousy aroused within me when I saw her with Marcus. Seeing her with him so comfortable and carefree made me envied him of their mutual relationship. She was natural being with him as if there was no problem carrying on her shoulders.

Although, Belle told me that both of them were friends and they weren’t into something special. I know I felt relieved inside but I couldn’t help myself feel jealousy whenever I see them both together.

I have open my heart to her hoping that she would accept it, and she would do the same. Unfortunately, she kept her heart reserved as if she doesn’t want anyone to steal it from her. Could it be possible her being so reserved of her feeelings has something to do with her previous relationship?

I heavily sighed.

Somehow I couldn’t asked Raine about it since she was avoiding me, and I couldn’t asked Belle about it since that would made look like I’m like a gossip girl or something. Worst, Raine was leaving tomorrow and I couldn’t even take a last glance to see her walk as she enter the departure area.

“Is there something the matter son?”

I look up from my study room and face the current Duke of Whitebourne, also known as my father. Even at his old age of fifty he was still sturdy as a rock, which made me wonder how could I have been so stupid to oblige his every wish since he kept on saying he was getting weak.

“Nothing,” I said, before I closed the account books that I’ve been doing. I stood from my seat and walked towards him. “What brings you here father? I haven’t received any message that you would be coming.”

“I just wanted to surprise that’s all,” the old duke said in a matter-of-fact tone.

I raised one eyebrow at him.

“What?” Greyson, the name of my father, gave me an feigned look.“Couldn’t a father visit his son?”

“I’m your only son. In fact, I’m your only child,” I retorted. Truth was I was quite surprised that he visited since he rarely does it, so instead, I was the one who kept visiting him in Whitebourne House.

Greyson Blaire was the kind of father that I admire, in fact, I couldn’t asked for a better parent. He was a duke in front of the eyes of the society but, he will always be the father I always know in my eyes. Which brings me the question, “What brings you you here?” I repeated since he didn’t answer the first time.

The old duke let out a breath before he answered, “I’m here to talk with you.”

“Talk with me? About what such matters?”

“Matters with the heart,” he simply said.

I was taken aback of what he said that gave me such surprise. We never had such this kind of talk, besides business, estates, company and our standing status in society. This was something new and I’ll admit it feels different. Talking some matters that did not involve the usual talks.

I gave him a small smile before I gestured him to sit on the couch, thinking of his old age that he shouldn’t be standing too long. By the time he was settled, I leaned back at my study table before I faced him. “Is this something regarding about Belle?” I guessed. Perhaps, that was what he wanted to talk about since tomorrow was the wedding.

“Actually its about Miss Mason’s cousin,” the duke said. “I think Miss Sausa was her name.”

My eyes widen at what he said. “Raine?” I said to myself than commenting back to my father.

“I never realized you two were in first name basis,” he mused.

I secretly cursed, reminding myself that people having status like us aren’t keen and very particular in calling out first name. Society itself much preferred to be called by their surname or their last name, thus it was rare to call each other their first names. Unless, they are close friends and something more.

“Anyways,” Greyson didn’t pushed through in asking why Raine and I were in first name basis, which I’m very thankful for the change of topic. “I presumed that Miss Mason must have brought Miss Sausa so that she might find herself a husband.”

“What!?” I didn’t mean to yell, although any words coming out from my father’s mouth kept me off guard and surprised.

“She must still be single,” Greyson continued. “In fact, I’m guessing all the bachelors from the ball are hoping that she is still single since, they are quite smitten by her beauty.”

Obviously, men weren’t that blind not to recognized Raine’s beauty, I said to myself.

“Although, she might not be available since Mr. Archer was always been with her during the party, and if I’m not mistaken,” the duke said before his eyes met mine, “He’s also smitten by Miss Sausa.”

To that point, I snorted at my father’s conclusion.

Of course, Raine wouldn’t settle for someone less like him. But Marcus Archer wasn’t someone who was less, because he owns a company who is well known all over the world, thus would be a probable catch for anyone, especially Raine.

No, no, no!

Marcus and Raine are just friends as what Belle told me. Somehow, I can’t help myself, that even though they are just friends, be jealous when I see them together.

“Have I ever told you how your mother and I met?” the old duke suddenly said.

I just shook my head. I didn’t tried asking, seeing both of them were always happy, don’t matter anything else knowing both of them are madly in love with each other.

The old duke smiled before he closed his eyes, as if remembering the past. “I met your mother when she was just visiting a relative here in Scotland. At first, we both didn’t get along with each other since everytime we were together, bad luck always come running towards Meryl and she would blame me for it,” he chuckled reminiscing his past love. “If I was bad luck to her, then she was good luck to me.”

“Why is it so?” I began to question, surprising myself that I wanted to know my parents’ love story.

“Because the more I spend time with her, the more she slowly stole my heart and I knew right then, I was falling in love with her, so I immediately told her of how I feel.”

Looking at my father right now, made me realize that even if mother was gone, he was still in love with and no one can ever replace her love in his heart. It made me think I wanted that kind of love when I get married.

“Sadly, she didn’t accept me since I was already engaged.”

Now, why does his story sounds so much familiar with my situation?

“So what did you do?”

Greyson opened his eyes and showed me a fatherly smile. “I did what any man would do when he is in love. I broke off the engagement and pursue your mother,” he said proudly without any regrets.

“You broke off your engagement?” I asked, astounded by his decision.

“Seemingly, the bride to be was also thankful that I broke off the engagement, since she was also in love with another man.”

Was that how he was able to solve his problem when it comes to love?

It was just a simple move. A direct action and decision that made eveyone’s life happy. He was happily married to my mother, and his supposedly bride to be was happy to be with her one true love. Everybody got their happy endings. A complicated problem, but one simple answer.

Love conquers all.

“Did mother immediately accept your love once she found out that you broke up your engagement?”

“Well at first, she didn’t believe me and even scolded me for breaking up the engagement. Although, being as my usual self, I persuade her and I told her that I love and I won’t give up on her until she would accept me.”

“In the end, she accepted,” I concluded as I smiled.

“Yes, Meryl accepted and you, Gregory, is a proof of our love,” he finished.

“Although, it would have been better to proved your love to each other if I only have other brothers and sisters, and not just me,” I simply said.

That earned me my father’s laughed as he look above and said, “See Meryl, love? Now, our son have demanded that he should have brothers and sisters.” Greyson continued to laughed before he turned to me, “Tell me Gregory, have you fallen in love with someone? I would presumed it isn’t your bride to be.”

After telling me his love story, I couldn’t keep something regarding about my love life. “Yes. I’m in love with someone,” I replied.

“Then she must something special since, if I’m not mistaken, this your first time to be truly in love with a woman,” my father said as he stood up.

“Sadly, she can’t seem to open up her heart again for me,” I said sadly, because it was the truth. “She seemed so reserved of her feelings and emotions, as if she doesn’t want to be hurt again.”

“Then, you had to make her learn to accept you,” my father simply said as he put his hands on my shoulders. “For once, Gregory you also need to man up yourself and defy what society always want us to be. Your were always such cautious about what society demands you to be, that you didn’t thought of your own happiness.”

“Father, I. . .”

“I think you have learned the real value what it means to be in love because I see myself in you, when I was your age,” the old duke said.

I don’t know what else I could say, although I was a bit surprised of everything my father said. In the end, I gave him a fatherl hug that I stopped doing when I turned twelve. My father was surprised by my action but he just returned the hug.

“Thank you father,” I said once we detach from each other’s embrace. “I think having this talk with you gave me the answer to all my problem.”

“I’m glad to be of help, my son,” he said, then he looked at me seriously. “I pressume that you would need to have a talk with Miss Mason.”

I knew what he meant, so I simply nodded.

My father smiled. “Good to now, Gregory. So may I know the identity of the lucky lady that have enticed you?” he asked, although I’ve already have a feeling that he already knew who I have fallen with.

“I’m in love with Raine,” I said it with pride and full of emotion that I really mean what I said. “And I’m going to do whatever it takes for her to accept me because that is what a man should do when he is truly, deeply and madly in love.”

Now that I know the answer to my first problem, the next problem would be if only Raine would learn to love again and accept me as I have already accepted her in my life.

=============================================================

So I'm not sure whether you like this chapter or not but seriously, I like this chapter since according to psychological assessment, its good once in a while if chidren and parents open up to each especially when the matters talks about relationships and love. ^_^

Comment n Vote!

Next update: not really sure, since I haven't written what's going to happen next.. -_-

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

96 0 16
Two best friends. One girl. Two sudden rivals. She never wanted to come between them. But they didnt give her a choice. One was hopelessly in love. T...
4.3K 156 20
Raine had planned on ending it. Eda wasn't going to open up, and it was too much for both of them. Raine was sure of it. That was, until an unforesee...
93.3K 1.7K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...
57 0 24
Raine Hope is the only word which makes to live every second. I hope for a better life. Love. Family. But pain is the gift I got in my life. I am swa...