Royal Pain: The Origin (Book...

By romolavinia91

This is the continuation of Royal Pain. The second book to my series of Mark of the Royals. Deva is alive bu... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 1

50.3K 1.1K 47
By romolavinia91

Lavinia B. 

Royal Pain

© 2011, Lavinia Bolog

Message me via inbox or Facebook page if there are violations.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author/ publisher. 

********

My Facebook page where you can contact me about any issues or violations with my copyright is in the EXTERNAL LINK! Also, please message me on this webisite. 

Thank you and enjoy reading ;)

________________________________________________

Deva's eyes fluttered open from their heavy trance. She felt a little dizzy, but other than that quite energized; something she hadn't felt in a while. Her eyes caught the glance of all the worried faces occupying her room.

Why did it always come back to this?

Was she ever going to catch a break from their concerned states? At this point she was getting really sick of people worrying over her. She just wanted it all to stop, all the drama and everything in between.

"How are you feeling my dear?" The Queen finally spoke up.

"Peachy."

The Queen smiled and explained, "Darius' blood healed you so we didn't have to turn you into a vampire yet. It took a few minutes to heal but eventually it did the job."

Darius' blood saved her. Wasn't that ironic? The world had such a way in entwining every aspect from impossible to possible. How they were linked together was beyond explanation. It couldn't be more than chance. Every opportunity of Deva and Darius having their happily ever after had disintegrated with the notion of him fathering Red's child.

Deva scoured the room for his face. Darius was standing towards the back behind Izzy's sitting form. He instantly locked eyes with her when he noticed her longing stare.

Deva hated the sad ripples etched on his face. Those worried lines were for her.

"Thank you Darius."

"It was nothing Deva. I would do anything for you...my Queen." Even my life he silently thought. He watched as she dropped her head back to her pillow.

"Where is she?"

Izzy answered. "Amy is downstairs in one of the cells."

"No need to worry yourself over her. She will be dealt with soon enough." The King spoke with assurance.

Deva wasn't worried; she was just pissed. There was no apology Amy could say that would sway Deva from hurting her. Amy had a death wish on her head the moment she raised a finger to harm Deva.

All Deva really wanted was an explanation.

Once everyone had cleared the room and Deva was alone her curiosity drove her to lift her shirt and examine the stab wound for herself. Nothing was left but a small almost invisible scar. Then she glanced at her arms where the lycan had scratched her and noticed it was also gone. There was no indication that she had even been touched.

It was amazing to think that their blood could actually heal. How long had humans struggled to heal the sick when all they really needed was vampire blood? It was too bad no one knew they existed. Most doctors would kill to get their hands on such a miracle weapon.

 She wouldn't have known there were wounds on her body at one point if she hadn't seen the knife in that exact spot.

It didn't make sense to her, all that had happened. Why did Amy come to her now? She had plenty of opportunities to kill Deva, but she chose the night of the coming out ball. Deva needed answers and knew there was only one person that could give them to her.

Walking down the brisk hallway Deva felt a tight cringe in the pit of her stomach. Like always, she forced it down because she didn't want to think or feel anything at the moment.

The cell room was made of dark grey painted stone walls. Inside the bar cage stood a small petite Amy with dingy clothes hanging off her body. Amy slowly raised her gaze when Deva reached her cell bars.

"Well well well if it isn't the little princess. Not dead like I hoped, but the attempt did make my day."

"It also set the rest of your pathetic life behind bars."

Amy smiled and Deva felt sick at the sight of it. "But it was all worth it."

"Was it?" Deva snapped. "Did you really think that Darius would love you after you killed me?"

Amy nodded her head. "He saved me you know. He made me a vampire and with that comes a bond. He loves me."

Her desperate cry was hardly convincing. Deva didn't even think Amy believed her own words.

Shock was definitely an understatement.. Not only was Deva lead on to believe Amy was a human from the beginning but now she had to find out who her creator was.

Well she wasn't exactly lead to believe Amy was human but assuming she wasn't didn't sound as crazy. The chef was a human. It just made better sense that Amy was too.

Deva whisked past that assumption. So Amy was no doubly a vampire. She was a vampire who so happened to be turned then none other than Deva's pervious love.

Could this repeat cycle of love triangles get any more difficult?

"He took me in, let me stay. I am his."

Deva pitied the stupid girl. She was psychotic and desperately in love with her maker.

Then again could Deva really blame her? After all she did fall victim to Darius' charm and fell in love with him too?

Deva laughed. "Yeah he took you in as a maid."

Amy's cold gray eyes narrowed. "He took care of me. He loves me."

"It's called pity, but I can see how you got that confused in your deluded fantasy world."

That struck a nerve because in a quick motion Amy got up and hissed. Her sharp fangs popped out of her mouth as she tried to spike some fear out of Deva.

"Ooh scary. Does that ugly face complete the frightening look because its sure making me want to run the other direction?"

Again a vicious hiss escaped Amy's lips. Deva didn't alter her features or give any sign of being scared or intimidated. She was honestly getting fed up with the silly vampire's tantrums.

"Let me tell you something you pathetic excuse for a being." Deva stepped closer making sure Amy heard her loud and clear. "Even if you did succeed in killing me or even with me never coming here in the first place, Darius would never be yours. He would never go for a shallow spiteful person like you. You are nothing; you are scum and have no reason for living." Deva's eyes were spilling with truth and venom. "You are nothing to him now."

Without some kind of humanity their world would not exist. The princes knew that. They were in control of their urges and emotions.

Amy was a reckless liability with selfish tendencies.

"You know I do have one question that has been bugging me? Why me? Darius is with that ugly redheaded girl. Why not go for her?"

Amy's high pitched laugh made Deva want to cover her ears.

"Because anyone can tell he doesn't love her. He was forced to be with her. She was seriously no threat at all."

"Like you were none?" Deva raised her brow.

Amy's hideous growls echoed throughout the closed up room, but were quickly silenced at the sound of Darius' voice.

"That is enough Amy."

Amy cowered back as she dropped her head in a surrendering fashion.

Darius' heavy steps were drawing closer. The tension was rising with each anticipating second.

"Deva what are you doing here?" His voice was gentle yet laced with fearful concern.

"I needed some answers and got a surprising one."

His jaw was set in stone from anxious curiosity. He would do anything to read her thoughts and know what was pushing her over the edge. He could feel the displeasure and rage pulsing through her veins.

 Deva continued, "Amy told me about her maker. I sure hope you two work this all out." Deva quickly stalked off not giving him a chance to respond. She couldn't believe he never told her; something that big should have come up. Why didn't he tell her?

Out in the hall and a good distance away from Amy's cell, Deva slowed her pace, but was stopped by his voice again.

"Deva please stop. I can explain."

"Explain? You had plenty of time to do that before. Why didn't you do it then?"

"Deva, please. Let's just talk about it."

His soft innocent pleading voice stopped her completely, and he was in front of her the second she blinked. Deva crossed her arms over her chest hoping it would help keep her from lashing out on him.

"Deva I didn't tell you to hurt you or get you mad. I promise it just never came up. It wasn't important."

"It never came up?"

Deva easily recalled the time she asked him about his relationship with Amy, and he said it was nothing. It was one morning they were together in his room. Amy had brought him breakfast. Thinking back now Deva remembered it like it was yesterday.

"Darius I asked you about her, one morning when she dropped off your breakfast. You can't tell me you don't recall."

He nodded shamefully. "Yes, but Deva you thought me and Amy had a romantic past. How was I supposed to tell you I was her maker after that? It wasn't important. She means nothing to me compared to you."

Deva didn't look away or make an attempt to reassure him anything was okay. It was not okay. He kept this secret from her and it almost cost her, her life.

"I found her in the woods one night. She was practically beaten to death. Her heart was barely beating when I found her. I couldn't just leave her there. I couldn't watch her die. I have seen hundreds die before, but looking at her helpless body fighting to stay alive. It wasn't a way to die, especially like that. I knew I could save her; so I did what I did because of that. I pitied her."

Deva softened her mood. She always knew Darius had a kind gentle heart, but for him to confess to her the depth of his kindness meant a lot to her.

"Do you share a bond with her?"

His brows creased together. "Not in the way you think. She feels like she owes me. All vampires that are created feel the need to satisfy and win the loyalty and love from their makers. Yes, I have a soft spot for her, but it is only because I made her what she is. My feelings for her are purely that of a father's love. I could never love her the way she wants me to."

Deva felt so much better hearing him confirm those words. "You should have told me?"

"I know. I am so sorry. It was my fault she did that to you."

"No," she tried steal away some of his guilt. "You can't blame yourself."

"Deva she stabbed you because of me. All I ever do is hurt you."

Her heart was slowly breaking at his soft spoken words. "Stop it. Not everything that happens to me is your fault. Stop blaming yourself." She couldn't take his morbid face any longer. "I have to go."

___________________________________

I'm sorry for the confusion and the wait. Here is the second book and I hope you guys liked the first chapter.

There's a trailer on the side I made. 

God Bless. Thanks for sticking with me this far. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 11K 35
His aura dominated the surroundings charging it with electricity. The taut muscles, the broad shoulders,along with the dangerous stance screamed cont...
2.6K 301 43
*COMPLETE* Against all the odds, Lady Maren survived her year at Court. She even managed to keep her powers hidden. Much to her surprise, she found...
4.3K 176 25
2nd book to the new dawn series and Amelia is back, but comes home to a shocking discovery that leaves her broken, she must chose whether to live for...
258 42 17
Aleia meets her mate. He rejects her and as rare as it can be she finds her second chance mate the same day. She gets kidnapped by someone she knows...