The Lord Of The Rings: There...

By Armin864

The second Book to the series "The Lord of the Rings: There and back again". currently unfinished and still i... More

Prolouge
Hope Fails

Lie

100 6 8
By Armin864

I was sitting on my couch waiting….waiting to see if anything would happen. Maybe I’ll never see Frodo, Sam, or Smeagol again….but what if it's still possible? And possible it was.

A light began to flicker on the T.V screen. This caught my attention. Suddenly a huge swirling hole with bright harsh light beamed in and out the screen. The light filled the entire dark room.

Hopefully my family was asleep and wouldn’t wake up and witness what was happening. I stood up from the couch. This was unbelievable.

Could it be? I approached my T.V and stook a hand out towards the T.V. My hand touches the screen, and it went through and I found myself losing my balance and I fell right in. And with that, everything went pitch black. I found myself losing consciousness….

I felt myself collide with the ground. I heard loud sounds  of violent rushing winds, and powerful thunder. I was already getting soaked and wet...but y’know, despite this crazy weather….this spot is quite comfy! So…..yeah, I went to sleep without a care in the world!

I eventually wake back up, feeling quite freezing. Yep….I regret my decision to rest here for who knows how long.

I stand up on my two feet, and look around my surroundings. I was out in the open where countless long trees surrounded me. There were mountains leading up the hills.  

As I was observing my environment, I saw someone who seemed to be sitting right on top the ledge to what was a cliff.  

________________________________

“Sigh….where's Mr.Frodo?! He hasn’t come back yet!” Sam worries within the cave with Smeagol.

“Stupid fat Hobbite shouldn’t have let master go out…” growled Smeagol.

“If you could be good for once, please stay here. I’m going out to find Mr.Frodo.” decided Sam. He was sick of waiting out in the cave, doing absolutely nothing. He needed to find Frodo and make sure he was safe.

“Oh, are you? In the cold, wet rain?” Teased Smeagol. “If that’s what it takes to find him.” With that Sam heads out of the cave, in search of the ring bearer.

FRODO?!” called sam. “FRODO, WHERE ARE YOU?!”

Frodo was still sitting on the cliff, and was shivering from the rain. His hoodie to his cloak protected his head from the downfall.

I finally made it on top the cliff. But my eyes immediately shot out wide. The person who was sitting up here…. it looked like Frodo! But in the cold, wet, harsh rain?! What does he think he's doing?!

“Frodo!” I called and ran up to him. The boy turns his gaze to become fixed onto mine. But his eyes go wide just the same as mine just did.

“Sally?!” Frodo shouted over the storm.i bent down low and we both grabbed each other in a close and friendly hug. “Sally...I-I thought you were dead!” He whimpered.

“I’ll explain later….but where's Sam and Smeagol?” I asked, wondering where the other two were.

“They’re in a cave….we need to go back so they know everything is alright..” answered Frodo. “Ok.” I agreed.

 We traveled farther and farther, fighting against the storm, and a far distance away... “Sam?!” I called out.

"Frodo!....and Sally?!” Sam was shocked to see me. Especially since he, Frodo and Sam thought I was dead.

“Follow me!” Sam leads us to the insides of a cave. This must be where the group is staying for the time being. But the moment we walked into the cave...

 “WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!” Sam was screaming at Frodo, whom really didn't know what to say.

“I-Im sorry Sam, I don’t know.”  Fro raises his hands as if trying to defend himself from Sam’s rage.

AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” Sam turned to me. “WEREN'T YOU DEAD?!”

“No, I wasn't dead! And quit your screaming you crazy hafling!” I shouted back.

BUT YOU DISAPPEARED IN FRONT OF US!” Sam continued screaming his every sentence. But then, out of nowhere….

“It’s not her.” spoke Smeagol.  “That’s not the REAL Sally. She is dead. You must be somebody sent from Mordor, using some kind of magic spell to make yourself look like her! isn’t that right?!” questioned Smeagol. “NO!” I shouted. What he says are lies.

“She’s a spy sent from Mordor! Don’t let her deceive you! She may have the same face….and the same voice….but she’s a spy from Mordor….using a spell to mock you!”

“No! It’s not true! It’s not true, Frodo!” I began panicking in fear, that he might actually believe Smeagol.

“Sally’s dead. I’m not going to be tricked anymore.” Responds Frodo. Upon hearing his response, my mouth drops. How can Frodo believe Gollum?! How can he….not trust me? How can he say that? Was our trust and time spent together before just nothing? No...its...its not true. This can’t be real! It...It can’t be.

“You won’t be coming with us. Come on Sam, let’s go.” Frodo thus began leading everyone out the cave with him. I was shaken with disbelief.

NO! PLEASE FRODO! DON’T BELIEVE HIM! HE’S LYING! HE’S LYING, I TELL YOU!! PLEASE...PLEASE, DON’T LEAVE ME!!” I begin screaming hysterically.

They were still leaving and ignoring my words as if they were empty...

I’M FROM ANOTHER WORLD! I WAS JUST SENT!! I DIDN’T DIE!!! FRODO, PLEASE DON’T GO!!! don’t leave me…..Frodo!” My voice slowly softened up and I began to cry.

But Frodo didn’t turn back. I fall on my knees and began to cry so very loudly…

This wasn’t true. This had to be a dream….”Frodo….” I sobbed. I saw Frodo fade out of the cave, into the rain. He was left. He was leaving me in this world, alone. A world i’m unfamiliar to experience wise.

FRODO!!” I screamed, in hopes that he might come back. But he didn’t come back. As quickly as I could, I got up and started to run as fast as  my legs could take me, and I continued to call out the Hobbit’s name.

He was finally within sight, and I clinged to him tightly from behind, never wanting to ever let go.

But I ended up getting pushed off roughly, and rejected.

GET OFF OF ME!!” He yells in a voice that sounded like hatred. “You aren't Sally….and you never will be.” With that being said, he turned away and kept going. “Frodo!” I started to slowly follow them. Follow behind the group. Please allow me to follow closely from behind, even if I can't be near any of you.

But I found myself freezing into place when Frodo takes a tight grip on his swords handle, threatening to pull his blade Sting out to slash at me with.

“Leave NOW.” Frodo threntend with a harsh glare. I took one step back, but refused to take another.

“No…” I refused to abandon my friends.

Frodo thus grabbed his sword Sting out of his sheaf fully. “I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE.” Frodo raises his voice louder.

“....Fine. If you don’t believe a word I say….and you really think I’m a spy sent from Mordor...kill me.” I felt myself grow taller. There's no way he'd kill me. And if he does, so be it. “W-What?!” Frodo was taken  aback.

“Kill me. If you really don’t think I’m Sally….kill me.”  Frodo seemed strangely shocked and looked me up to down. “Kill me.” I repeated.

“...N-No…” Frodo refused. “She’s trying to trick you again….” Grumbles Gollum.

"Why aren't you going to kill me?” I tilt my head in pure confusion.

“Even if you are a spy sent from Mordor….I’m not going to kill you. I’d very much rather let you leave with your life.” Frodo explained before placing his sword back into its sheath.

 “....I’d rather die. Don't  you remember me? I slid down that cliff...and I found you and Sam….You questioned me and I told you about myself. We went there to the Dead Marshes….and to The Black Gates. It was only when we got there, I felt horrible about knowing we couldn't enter from there. I told you Gollum knew another way….then we met Faramir and his men from Gondor….and then….I fell in the woods. You told me….everything would be fine….then I disappeared. I returned to my world. But now I'm back. And you're saying you don’t believe a word I’m saying?”

Frodo appeared speechless. But despite that he manages to spit out….“O-Oh Sally I…..I-I'm so sorry!” shockingly after, Frodo grabs me into a gentle hug. So the proof he needed was the entire story from our last journey….wow.

But despite feeling a little better deal from earlier, I decide to forgive him and hugged him back as I allowed my tears to stream down from my cheeks.I eventually started to cry to the point I was hiccuping. face.

Sam looks down at Gollum in complete disgust. “Now, why did you have to say that?!” “Smeagol only said what he thought!” Smeagol grumbled.

“So you weren't even certain?! Oh boy…” Sam crosses his arms. But honestly he's just glad that things turned out well.

That had to been a lie Gollum made up. So just maybe….just maybe….Gollum's trying to get rid of me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.3K 3.2K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
246K 17.7K 88
as usual many dramas, emotions, fluffy , angst, and most importantly soo much love. top tae bot kook no cheating no threesom No skin ship with others
232K 10.7K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
75.9K 1.7K 32
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...