The Mirror Realm

By AlexisJadeS22

*COMPLETED* A terrifying rumor taunting the city of Lakewood Pierce has everyone afraid to look in the mirr... More

Author's Note/ Cast
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
46.
Epilogue
Inspiration For The Mirror Realm
Demons of The Mirror Realm
The Mirror Realm - Playlist
My Other Works

45.

492 48 3
By AlexisJadeS22

Apollyon takes a turn down an unfamiliar hallway, one that AMy has never seen nor traveled down. The clicking of her elegant heels is the only sound, all howls and brooding cheers from before completely silent. If you really listened, her heart beat can be heard too.

Apollyon stops in front of a signal arched door, seeming as if it was taken straight out of medieval times. He knocks once, then twice, then once again, almost like a special code. Within seconds, the door is pulled open by a Blade, but it is missing its weapon. Its eyes focus on Amy as she walks through the door, following her all the way in the cavern.

Amy picks her gaze up from the ground, and is momentarily halted by the cavern in front of her, it's like nothing she's ever seen before with her own eyes. The ceilings reach well beyond thirty feet high, the stone making up the cavern walls are smooth, some even burned a charcoal black. Amy peers over the bridge she's currently on and is met with a large pool of dark water down below, it takes Apollyon's hand to pull her away from staring at the water.

Amy is dragged up a long stair case she did not see before, the stairs leading to a large base like stage that is suspended twenty feet about the pool of water below. Its at that moment that the Blades, Rakes, Cyclopses, Winged Beast, and every other demon of the Mirror Realm come barging in from down below. The once peaceful water now disturbed by the demons and their feet. The demons with wings immediately fly to the sides, gripping onto the cavern walls with their claws.

There, standing on the suspended stage is Lucifer and Amon, both dressed in dark suit jackets and pants with no shirts underneath the jacket, and its only now that Amy realizes that Apollyon is dressed in the same attire. Amon and Lucifer turn around when they hear the others approaching. Amon and Apollyon immediately filter to the side as Lucifer approaches a trembling Amy.

She feels her feet about to give out, her legs and arms feeling weak, as if they had no muscle. Amy's feathered wings are spread out widely from behind her back, though they almost blend in with the darkness of the cavern. Torches of light hand from the walls, and some goblets are positioned on the corners of the stage.

"Are you ready?"

Amy nods, immediately knowing that she's talking to the other side of Lucifer. She quickly puts together a question, and asks it hurriedly, not knowing when the other side will take over.

"How am I suppose to say the spell?"

"I can't tell you, you have to find that out on your own, you are the only one that can say it," he takes hold of her cold, shaking hands. "The only thing I can tell you is when you stab me, you need to keep the spirit in control, you need to hold onto 'Amy', don't let 'Lucifer' take over you, you need to be yourself in order for this to work. I believe in you, just please do it right, we've only got one shot at this."

With his last words, he lets go of Amy's hands and turns away. He strides to the edge of the stage, and glares down at all the rampaging demons down below.

"Tysta!" Everything goes silent. "Today, is my final day in front of you! And today is the day the new surrogate of Lucifer becomes coordinated for her next reign!" The demons below erupt into a cheering fit, but all fall silent again when Lucifer's booming voice ricochets off the cavern walls, projecting his loud voice through the entire chamber.

Lucifer pulls out his knife from his back pocket, "She will stab me, and I shall be breathed in by no other than her! And I shall be resurrected two decades from now when the mantra resets!" Lucifer holds up the knife, the blade glistening and is perfectly sharp.

Amy stands behind everyone, invisible to the crowd below, but all is changed when she feels a pair of strong hands clamp on her arms, pushing her closer to the edge. The hands push her right behind Lucifer, and pull away just as Lucifer turns to face Amy.

He gives her the knife and before turning back around, he whispers softly, "Say the spell when this knife pierces my skin."

Amy nods and gulps deeply, she holds the knife firmly as if she were a naturally born killer. Her body and legs continue to shake vigorously.

"Knivhugga mig!" Stab me. Without a second's hesitation, something overtakes Amy's hand as she slams it down in Lucifer's back. He makes no sound, he doesn't even flinch. The demons below scream and shout, hooting and sounding like a new form of evil. Just as the knife pierces and rips through his skin, Lucifer's body begins to morph, it begins to incinerate into tiny specks.

"Say it now!"

Amy takes in a deep breath, "Take all innocent blood spilt in this Hell back to the other side. Let the dead bodies of innocents roam on the Earth's rich grounds once more," she mutters, but nothing happens. It's in that moment that she feels something lodge in her mouth.

Her eyes begin to morph as she breathes in the specks, her eyes turning a dark shade of black. She feels something take hold of her, the feeling ripping and tearing her apart inside.

"Say it louder!"

"Take all innocent blood spilt in this Hell back!" She screams, and just as her voice is heard by the demons below, they all freeze in fear.

"What is she doing?! Stop her!" She hears Amon shout on top of his lungs, just as she feels Apollyon's arms reach for her.

"Let the dead bodies of innocents roam on the Earth's rich grounds once more!" She finishes, but yet again nothing happens.

She hold her hands out in front of her, and closes her eyes, growing even more frustrated. Her heart is beating rapidly, and the longing to go home is even stronger than it ever was before.

"TAKE ALL INNOCENT BLOOD SPILT IN THIS HELL BACK!" As the last word slips off her lip, Apollyon is shot back away from Amy's body by a strong force. "LET THE DEAD BODIES OF INNOCENTS ROAM ON THE EARTH'S RICH GROUNDS ONCE MORE!"

A thunderous roar sounds, just as the ground begins to shake rapidly. Stones and rocks come loose from the ceiling, crashing down on top of Rakes and Blades below. They shriek, their voices horrendous and conveying an emotion of sheer terror. Just then, Amy watches in bewilderment as a large rift begins to form in the ceiling, the monstrous roar not coming from the demons below, but rather an immortal flame that spills from the rift. The flame is like nothing she's seen before, its a snake of flames, moving like a whip. It falls down on all the strident demons below. They hold out their hands, trying to escape by climbing up the walls. The pool of water below is now engulfed in flames, and the walls split even more, fire reaching out of the cracks like hungry hands. The flames dance, burning every single demon that gets in its way.

Their wails and cries are so perpetual. The snake of flames moves closer to Amy, realizing that it missed two beings on the stage, Amon and Apollyon.

A sheer look of horror paints itself on Amon's face, "What have you done?!" His voice grows deeper, but before Amy could answer, the flame scorches Amon to the bone, his screams echo throughout the entire cavern that is now aflame. The flame moves to Apollyon's unconscious body without remorse.

A sudden pain becomes prominent under Amy's skin, just as her body is covered a black strings, she bites back a scream, trying to stay focused on the last part of the spell.

"There's no escaping me Amy!" The voice in her mind torments.

Amy falls to her knees, and closes her eyes. The snake of flames makes its way around Amy, blocking all her ways of escape, a circle of flames now burn around her, some snatch at her skin, others whip at her with intense heat.

"Let me be free of this Hell! Let this evil inside me live no more! Seal all passageways to this Hell, and let the Mirror Realm live no more!" As the last verse is said, the flames come closer to Amy, and they burn her, her screams of pain echo and can be heard everywhere. Suddenly, the ceiling and walls come crashing down, crushing everything below.

All screams and echoes go silent, and the realm on the other side of the mirror dies silently, never to be seen again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 17.4K 21
What if you were looking in the mirror and your reflection suddenly started doing things differently. Things have been getting pretty strange for...
1.3K 126 10
Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, You'll turn ruby as you fall... Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, No more fairest of them all... ~~~ Ebony lives in the Mirro...
5.9M 262K 52
"What the hell?" I took a step closer to the mirror, staring at my reflection in disbelief. The person looking back was still me, but at the same ti...
1.7K 178 35
You see this girl in your school, in the streets, in the neighborhood, skinny, wearing glasses, altogether not a pretty sight. you see her, you laugh...