The Boyfriend Games (slowly e...

By PurplePillow

Every year, the girls assemble in the music room. The boys don't have a clue about what happens in there. But... More

Chapter 1 ✔
Chapter 2 ✔
Chapter 3 ✔
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 ✓
Chapter 14 ✓
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 √
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
One Shot Competition!
One Shot Competition Results

Chapter 25

68.7K 1.2K 334
By PurplePillow

 ~Dedicated to @Joseygurl for being the 250th vote!:D~

Em's POV

This was it! Finally, I was going to visit Darren in his juvenile home! I missed him so much! "You're gonna break my car," Blake mumbled as I bounced on the carseat. "Seriously, it's annoying." Mikaela deadpanned from the backseat, and I rolled my eyes. "Are you high or something?" Blake asked, and I nodded excitedly. "I ate loads of skittles before the car ride!" I squealed, and he raised one eyebrow, nodding slowly. 

"Woke up on the right side of the bed, what's up with this prince song inside my head?" I sang loudly, and took note of Mikaela wincing at my horrendous, out of tune singing. "You're still singing this song?" Mikaela asked in annoyance, and I nodded. "Why? Adam Young and Carly Rae Jepsen are awesome together!" I defended, and Mikaela narrowed her eyes.

"Whatever, I'm gonna just, like shun you now," Mikaela announced as she took out her mascara, and started apply it, without looking in the mirror. How did she manage to do that? I turned slightly to examine her motions- She slowly applied it in gentle strokes. Ooh! "This is the behaviour of a cheerleader. Watch as she applys her makeup skillfully!" I talked like a news reporter, and Mikaela glared at me, and returned to putting her makeup on.

"So, Blake, how are you feeling about visiting Darren today?" I interviewed Blake, and he grunted. "Blake obviously was raised by a gorilla or some ape," I stage-whispered, and both of them glared hatefully at me. I slumped down in my seat awkwardly as they returned to what they were doing- Driving and putting on make up.

After forty-five minutes of an uncomfortable silence, we reached the Boy's home. It's exterior was grey and dull, which immediately made me feel depressed. I unconsciously grabbed Blake's hand for some reassurance, and he gripped mine tightly, making my heart skip a beat. 

We walked into the main office, where the receptionist was. The receptionist was a woman with greying hair tied into a tight bun, and ugly glasses. "Can I help you?" Her voice came out nasally, and I cringed as I smelled her bad breath from a few feet away. If being a receptionist in a juvenile home was like this, that was totally out of my career choice! 

"We would like to see Darren Walters, please." Blake asked politely, and the woman grinned, revealing her yellowing teeth from too much nicotine. "Please follow me," She stood up, hunching over, and slowly walked past the metal door, gesturing for us to follow her.

We walked past many rooms with large, bullet-proof windows, and I noticed boys looking sullen in their rooms. They all stared at us weirdly as we walked past, and I shuddered under their gaze. Finally, we stopped outside a room. Darren was sitting on his sad excuse of a bed, wearing a wife beater and boxers. His face lit up as he saw me, and he stood up quickly, waving at me. I saw him mouthing something, but the glass must've been soundproof, because I couldn't hear anything.

The woman unlocked the door, and ushered three of us in, told us we had ten minutes, before slamming it shut. I managed to survey the place in the few seconds of awkwardness. It was disgustingly disgusting, with yellowing walls that was badly vandalised, and a toilet that was in the same room as the bed! "Em?" Darren asked tentatively, taking a small step towards me. Instantly, Blake and Mikaela was in front of me, shielding me from him. "It's alright, I need to speak to him," I muttered, and Blake shot me a concerned look, glaring at Darren. He moved to one side, and Mikaela copied him, but they still kept a protective hand on my shoulder in case Darren did something. 

"Em! I'm so sorry!" Darren cried out, and I cocked my head to one side. Why was he sorry? I'd thought that the video had been doctored? "Why are you sorry?" I asked him, and he face-palmed himself. "You know what happened like a week and a half ago.." He trailed off at my expression. 

"Em lost her memory from the knock on her head." Blake emphasised on knock, and the color drained from Darren's face. "W-Wait, s-she lost her memory?" Darren stuttered, and Blake glared at him with so much hatred, it could kill. "Yes, she did, and you smell like a homeless hobo," Mikaela snarled, and I giggled at her sentence. Weren't hobos already homeless? 

"Back to the topic. You caused this!" Blake pointed an accusing finger at Darren, and my best friend shrunk back. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know what I was thinking that day," Darren apologised again, trembling and I gave him a hug.

"What happened that day, anyway?" I questioned him, and he shifted uncomfortably. Don't tell me the video was true... 

"Mackenzie told me to keep tabs on you.. So one day, she phoned me and told me to meet her at her place.. She said she would keep you away from Blake.. So, I agreed. I just didn't want you to get hurt by Blake.." Darren said softly, his voice cracking at one point of his sentence. My chest heaved, and I felt terrible. "But that doesn't explain why I lost my memory," I stated, and Darren sighed.

"I may have, um.. Smashed your head into the wall.. Twice. And, Mackenzie beat you with a baseball bat." Darren replied, lowering his voice at the end of his sentence. Tears were falling freely from his eyes, like his tear ducts had gone in an overload. 

For some reason, I wasn't angry or offended. I just felt bad for Darren. He loved me, but in return, I broke his fragile heart. "I'm so sorry Darren," I lowered my head, and embraced Darren. He hugged me tightly, and I felt his tears dripping onto my shoulder. 

"Hold up, you aren't mad?" Mikaela used that 'oh-no-you-didn't' tone, and I shrugged. "Seems like that," I smiled wistfully, and both she and Blake gaped at me. "A fly may fly into your mouth!" I giggled, and they immediately shut their mouths after that. Blake's eyebrows were furrowed, and Mikaela was expressionless. 

"Darren, if it'd been another time, I think I would've fallen for you, like those cliches. I'm extremely sorry," I bowed for some reason, and he shook his head. "I'm sorry. Now this seems like those dramas," He chortled, and I grinned at him. 

Then, the stupid reception woman popped her head into the room. "Time's up!" She deadpanned, and I rolled my eyes, giving Darren one last hug. "I'll visit you again," I whispered, before walking out, Blake and Mikaela following after me. 

"I can't believe you forgave him. If I were you, I'd sock him," Blake grumbled, and I rolled my eyes. "Nobody's perfect. Forgiving and forgetting is the best." I informed him, laughing at myself. I sounded like a guru or something! 

"Whatever, I'd scratch his eyes out," Mikaela chucked her two cents in, taking out her pocket mirror and examining her face. What was it with cheerleaders, that they had to do this? Weird... "So, why did you even want to come?" Blake asked, squinting at me, and I pursed my lips, thinking. "I guess I wanted some closure, and coming to see him helped," I sighed. 

"Excuse? You need to sign this form and write details," The stinky old woman butted in, and I narrowed my eyes at her. Still, I nicely took the form from her and wrote stuff down, scoffing as I read the survey. What time of questions were these?

Do you think the Juvenile Home's services are good? No. (Em's replies to the answers)

What do you think can be done to improve this Juvenile Home? Get proper toilets.

What was your reason behind visiting the Juvenile Home? Meet somebody. 

Rate from 1-10 the cleanliness, hospitality of the Juvenile Home. One.

Could you see how stupid these questions were? They weren't even about the boys in the juvenile home. Oh no, they were all just about their facilities. I snorted at that- As if they even had proper facilities. I handed the form rudely to the woman, and she gave Blake another of her creepy smiles, making him shudder. 

"Let's go," I grabbed Mikaela and Blake's arms, and lugged them out of that dingy, stuffy room. The first proper breath of air I took was like a drug to me. Being in that place for twenty minutes or so was killing, and the moment we stepped out, it was like paradise. 

"By the way, why isn't that Mackenzie girl in the Juvie?" I asked Blake, and he chuckled. "Her parents had money, so they bailed her out," He explained, and I clenched my fists. That little female dog! "Can we go visit her?" I asked Blake, and he nodded, looking confused. Although I didn't know Mackenzie, I was pissed at her for instigating Darren to do this. 

"You really wanna see someone as dangerous as her? She made you lose your memory!" Mikaela shrilled, but I confidently nodded. "Fine then," Blake let out a resigned sigh, opening the car door for me. I slid into the passenger seat quickly, making sure not to damage his car. Mikaela let out a 'hmph', forcefully opening his car door and slamming it shut after she got in. "Don't hurt her," Blake cooed, and we rolled our eyes.

This time, instead of that silence before, we played stupid little games like Odd One Out and I Spy. "Okay, so, who's the odd one out?" Mikaela asked, bouncing softly on her seat. I chewed my bottom lip, deep in thought, before, snapping my fingers. "Mikaela is the odd one out, cus' she's a strawberry blonde, while Blake and I are honey blondes!" I clapped my hands gleefully together at my 'discovery', and she looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Gee, the fact that Blake's a guy, and we're girls isn't obvious," Mikaela said sarcastically, and Blake guffawed. "I tend to find more detailed stuff," I retorted, and she clamped her hands over her eyes in a pathetic attempt to shun me. 

"So, another odd one out.. Is that you're wearing heels, and we're not!" Blake asserted, and Mikaela gave us the finger. "Yeah, cus' you'd totally rock heels, Blake," She replied, malice in her tone. "My turn! Em's the odd one out, cus' she doesn't do sports!" She declared, and I gave her the jazz hands. "Sure," I muttered, and she smiled. 

We tried playing I Spy, but it led to Mikaela and Blake quarrelling, so we decided to stop. They were like those two mooses from that show, brother bear or something. Both of them kept spying on the same thing! Therefore, a fight ensued as Mikaela claimed that Blake was a copy cat, and Blake wouldn't back down because of his pride. 

Finally, we reached the rich part of town, where Mackenzie was staying. Blake walked in front of us as we headed towards the front door, and he knocked politely. The door opened quickly, and we were faced with a total bitch. She had dark brown hair that was curled into big waves that reached her waist. Her eyeliner made her eyes scarier, sexier and more bitch-like. Her clothing screamed 'I'm a bitch!'. 

"Hey Blake!" She greeted him politely, before glaring at us. "What do you sluts want?" She demanded, and I coughed. Slut? Was she talking to herself? "Um, hi, I'm Emerald. We need to talk to you," I responded to her rudeness politely. "Yeah yeah, I know who you are. Are you playing dumb?" She asked, rolling her eyes. "Em lost her memory when you smashed her skull," Blake answered for me, his jaw tight, and a vein protruding from it. 

"Ahem. When did I ever beat her up?" Mackenzie widened her eyes, pretending to be innocent. Mikaela, who had been quiet for a while, let out a loud snort, and glared back at Mackenzie with the same amount of hatred. Ooh, the battle of the bitches! Not that Mikaela was such a bitch. She was nice when she wanted to be. 

"Don't play dumb. There was a camera attached to Em. If you don't co-operate, we can take you down," She pronounced each word clearly, and I notice shock appear on Mackenzie's face for a split second, before it returned to her calm demeanour. "Fine, come in." Mackenzie looked around as if there were eavesdroppers, stepping backwards to let us in. 

We plopped down on her velvet sofas, and she glared at us hatefully. "What do you guys want?" She demanded icily, and Blake spoke for us. "We want to know why made Darren do that," He asked, and she blinked innocently, batting those fake eye-lashes of hers. "Because, I love you baby! And, the slut was in the way. Darren loves her, so I just got him to help me! We would've benefitted!" She threw her arms around Blake and he shrugged them off easily. 

"Em's not the slut here. You are." He said, sounding extremely deadly. "I'm sure she slept with the class president so he would make her win the dance thing!" She protested, and Blake stood up, his nostrils flaring and arms akimbo. "Let's get this straight. Em is the good girl, who had never really had a boyfriend all her life. You are the slut that sleeps around! You're like Snooki!" He thundered, and she whimpered.

"Mackenzie, I'm sorry, but he's not yours anymore," I tried to break it to her gently, but she shrieked a string of colorful words at me. Mikaela stood up quickly, and started arguing with Mackenzie as well, and they were having a verbal war, going back and forth. 

"Can we just leave?" I asked, and no one noticed me. They continued shouting at each other about who was a bigger slut and stuff like that. In the end, I just walked out of the house. That got them to stop- Blake followed after me straight away, Mikaela and Mackenzie right behind him. 

"To remind you, if you lay a finger on her, you're going straight to jail, and daddy can't bail you out this time," Mikaela sneered at Mackenzie, hooking her arm through mine, and marching away, dragging me along with her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO EVERYONE. There is two or three more chapters, an epilogue and then it's over! But, fret not! There shall be a SEQUEL! :D:D 

Ok. This is where the readers come in. 

I have two ideas for a sequel, but I can't decide. So, I need you guys to vote!

The first idea I have is based on Em's child, and the book shall be called 'The Boyfriend'. 

Second one is based on Em in the future and is called 'Boyfriends'. 

In both, there will be different characters.

The stories are completely different, so yeah. Just decide. 

Okay, thanks soo much peopleee! Oh. 250 votes to next chappie!:D 

Like the facebook page---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Boyfriend-Games/443636068999960

Watch the trailer at the side---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-x-gaulMfs

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 1K 41
|"Sometimes the heart knows things the mind could never explain." -Ranjeet| We are teenagers. We have gone through hell and back. Listen to...
169K 2.4K 21
Welcome to the life of teen fiction and teen romance be prepared to meet the mind of the younger generation... Well the extreme side anyways ;) Cool...
746 3 20
**Boy x Boy story** After a disaster 5 years ago a hockey team in Minnesota gets ready for their season. This is Jae's last year in high school hocke...
37.6K 867 37
Indi, an aspiring artist and the daughter of one of the best baseball players of all time, is in her junior year of high school. She's always stresse...