Truly Understanding

By SquaryQ-OtherFanfics

Sequel to Truly Beautiful, found on account @SquaryQ HEADCANNON: Rei always strived for perfection because hi... More

Truly Understanding (Free! Fanfic)
Preface:
One: Invite
Two: Sei-san, Johan & Bolivia
Three: Cheerleaders
Four: Sore
Five: It's Your Dork
Six: Proof!
Seven: Carwash
Eight: I'm Not Gay Guys, That Ain't Me!
Nine: Doubting The Captain
Ten: Punching The Water & A Call From Katie
Eleven: Ice Cream & English
Thirteen: Hard Work
Fourteen: Nii-chan
Fifteen: Real-ay ((get it))
Sixteen: Catfight
Seventeen: Well I Understand Where I'm Coming From
Eighteen: No Penalty Games!
Ninteen: Good Luck
Twenty: Looming Relay
Twenty One: Races & Results
Twenty Two: You Sneaky Little
Twenty Three: I'll Take The Couch
Twenty Four- Dared
Twenty Five: MFL
Twenty Six: He Can Wait
Twenty Seven: Isn't That Fubuki's Shirt
Twenty Eight: Doesn't Take A Genius
Twenty Nine: Don't Cry
Thirty: Not Yet
Thirty One: We're Not That Angelic
Thirty Two: Don't Smother Her
Thirty Three: Weird Night
Thirty Four: It's Real Now
Thirty Five: Race You!
Thirty Six: Rain, Hot Chocolate & Revenge
Thirty Seven: Am Not!
Thirty Eight: ULTIMATE Cheerleading
Thirty Nine: Best Day
Epilogue: His Room In Tokyo

Twelve: Forget it

242 10 14
By SquaryQ-OtherFanfics

Today is an important day for Makoto and I; today marks the one year anniversery of our first kiss. What a day to break things off. I hang my head, holding the gift I got him behind my back. Mei-chan and Ami-chan are hiding in the wardrobes, Nito, as the skinniest is under Kuruno-kun and Ami-chan's bunk bed. Kaito's hiding in the bathroom and Fubuki too is hiding in 'Narnia'.

They said they wanted to know whether he was going to break up with me so they could 'attack' him. In the mind of Andrews Fubuki, an 'attack' is to knock him on the floor and deprive him of stuff until he realises he shouldn't break up with me. I don't know who let them in but when I went to get dressed Fubuki was in my closet.

Knock knock knock.

I look around and sigh, opening the door. There he stands, holding a bouquet of beautiful lillies; my favourite flowers. I put them in the decorative vase on my desk and turn back to Makoto.

"Come in." I beckon my boyfriend into the dorm.

"You sure? Aren't Mei and Ami here?" he cocks a brow.

"No." I lie.

"They really have buckets of energy all of the time right." Makoto goes to sit on Ami's bunk, under which Nito' is hiding!

"No!" I yelp, steering him away. "Not there! That's Kuruno-kun's bunk! Nobody sits on her bunk or she gets so mad!"

"Oh, gomen." Makoto ducks his head, sitting on the other bottom bunk; my bunk.

"No worries." I assure. I lock gazes with Nito' for a second. He looks so grateful.

"So Aoi." Makoto says. "I'm really happy I could see you today."

"Oh?" I cock a brow.

"It is a special day after all." he states.

"Right." I blush.

"You forgot didn't you?"

"Of course not!" I gasp. "Your gift is here baka." I hand him a green wrapped gift.

His eyes well with tears.

"Makoto?" I ask.

"I'm sorry." he gets up, narrowly missing his head on my bunk.

"Huh?" I murmur, eyes wide as he edges toward the door.

"Don't go." my own eyes well with tears.

"STOP!" Fubuki shouts, toppling out of my closet, falling flat on his face.

"Ha! Fubuki's out of the closet!" Nito' sniggers.

"OI!" Mei-chan shouts, pirroetting out of her closet, gold leggings around her neck, it looks like a cape. Was that on purpose? To look like a hero?

"Get BACK HERE!" Ami-chan commands. Makoto's eyes widen in horror as my friends assemble.

"EHH!" he gasps as Nito latches onto his leg.

"Please don't leave Aoi-chan Tachibana-senpai!" Nito' pleads.

"What are you talking about!" he exclaims.

"Stop him Kai' get the scarf!" Fubuki crawls into Makoto's line of sight.

"But that's Kuruno-kun's scarf!" the brunet is out of the bathroom, horrified by the idea of toutching it. To Kaito, Kuruno-kun is a constrictor and the scarf is a smaller venomous extension of her. She's given him a really bad vibe.

"I think I'm going to go." Makoto tries to take a step but ends up draging a determined Nito' another step. He stops, stunned.

"Tch." I hear a voice snort. "Party don't start 'til I walk in."

"Hika'-chan!"Mei-chan exclaims.

"Didn't think you would need me. But Mei-chan texted me from wherever she hid and told me to get you." she's looking at Makoto. "in here. So in, now."

Makoto looks over his shoulder at a red faced Nito'. He lets go of my boyfriend. He turns to face me.

"Aoi, I don't want to make a scene." I am told.

"What did you want to talk about Makoto?" I ask, voice broken like my heart. "Do you want this to end?"

"Aoi... can we talk alone?"

"We're too high up, he won't survive a jump from the window." Fubuki states.

"We're at the door." Fubuki declares, rubbing his sore face.

"Coming out of the closet! Nice one!" Mei-chan high fives Nito'.

"Not the homo jokes again!" Kaito whines.

"Just come out!" Hika-chan presses. "We won't stop being friends with you!"

"I'm not coming out of anything! I'm straight!"

"But Kai'...I thought what we had was special." Fubuki whines.

"Not the time Fubu'." Kaito hisses. I shut the door, sighing I rub my eyes.

"Aoi..." he murmurs.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I love you so much...you would tell me if there was...someone else right?" he looks really self concious.

"What are you talking about." I tilt my head.

"Is there...somebody else?" Makoto can't meet my eyes.

"I'm confused." I admit. "I need you more than air Makoto, why would I do anything to risk that?"

"Aoi...sombody told me that she saw you with a guy. She said she had seen you with a lot of guys recently." he states.

"I'm on the swim team." I giggle. "Of course people see me with guys."

"Aoi, please be serious. Is there somebody else?"

"I wouldn't lie to you Makoto. Never. I have never, ever, done anything with anybody. You are the only one for me. I don't want to lose you. Why would you think I would cheat!" I turn away from him.

"Aoi?" he tries. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you mad."

"Who told you?" I demand.

"Huh?" he cocks a brow. I hear the door open a crack.

"Who told you that I cheated on you."

"What is she talking about! I thought he cheated on her!" Hika'-chan whispers.

"NOBODY CHEATED." Fubuki hisses.

"Please Makoto...please tell me who told you." I take hold of his hand. "I don't want to lose you."

"I never got her name. I've seen her with you before. Figured she was your friend." Makoto rubs the back of his neck.

"Please...Makoto...please, can we just enjoy our day? Let's deal with this later."

"Mei-chan get the hit list." Ami-chan nudges Mei-chan.

"Got it." Fubuki exclaims.

"Whatever you want." he holds me close.

"I want to forget that this conversation ever happened." I murmur.

"Let's go." he puts his arm around me.

We walk together outside. I spot Rin and Sousuke lounging around in the courtyard. Rin makes a gagging sound while his friend looks confused.

"Tachibana Makoto, 'her dork'." Rin mutters. Sousuke nods in recognition of the times I have said Makoto's name. He sniggers.

"Not you too Rin." Makoto whines.

"Do all your friends from Iwatobi SC have girly names?" Sousuke chuckles.

"Yes!" I exclaim, waving as we pass.

"I'm really sorry Aoi." he kisses me.

"We're forgetting about it." I state.

"Let's go. My gift is waiting for you outside." I cock a brow at his words.

Out in the street stands an excited Aya-chan and two mutual guys; Jun and Johan.

"Are you ever in America?" I query.

"Yeah, when you're not around." Johan smirks.

"Good to know." I nod.

"I'm going in just over a week and am visiting for Nationals."

"Pressure!" I tease.

"Johan, give her the gift." Aya jabs her brother.

"Right." he hangs his head, holding out a book.

I take it from my cousin. My eyes light up. 'My love'. These are sappy cute books at the department store, where the couple can put photos and messages in it. I beam.

Jun hands me a small box. In there is an anklet. There's a small charm on it. It has the same image that my necklace has; a butterfly on an orca's nose. I'm wearing that necklace right now. I never take it off...except when I'm in water.

"It's rustproof and you can take the charm off so you can wear it in competitions if you want to." Makoto smiles. I gasp in shock.

"Here, Makoto had me help pick this out for you." Aya giggles. "Open it later."

"Right." I blush.

"Shall we get going?" Makoto asks.

"Yes." I nod. "Thanks guys!" I wave.

Makoto tucks me under his arm and leads me toward the train station. We hop on and he blindfolds me after a few stops.

I sit in the darkness.

After who knows how long of sitting hand in hand with my boyfriend he steers me off of the train.

"Look." he takes off my blindfold.

My eyes light up.

We're here! At the fameous pool roof plaza. The whole roof is a shallow pool. It's got an orca fountain and a tiny resteraunt that looks over there.

"How did you afford this?" I gasp.

"My uncle owns this place. He'll just be glad I'm taking someone who isn't Haru here." Makoto explains.

"He OWNS it?" I gasp.

"Owns it." he nods. "Now let's see the city from the roof pool." he holds a key out.

I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him.

"I feel the same way as you Aoi." He murmurs into my ear.

"Huh?" I raise a brow.

"I believe your words were 'I need you more than air '" he tries to immitate me. My cheeks flush pink.

"You sound more like Fubuki than anybody." I snigger.

"You're not denying that you said it." he teases.

"I don't need to; you know it's true." I shrug.

"I too need you more than air. I love you more than Haru loves water. I love you more than Nagisa loves strawberry short cake. I love you more than Kou loves muscles and Rei loves theory. I love you more than anything." he kisses me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 230 11
Ikuta Mei was a typical girl who loved to swim with her friends at Iwatobi Highschool. She joined the swim club, not knowing that her former rivals w...
87.8K 4.1K 19
A MakoHaru Fanfic c: After Rin is threatened by his Homophobic parents that he should either chose Haru or Swim, the indecisive teenager ditches his...
3K 120 6
• c o m p l e t e d • What if being cute wasn't enough for Tohsaka Akemi. What is a girl to do to let her crush know that's she's more than her appea...
6.9K 257 17
❗️ D I S C O N T I N U E D ❗️ "You're her big brother?" Rin stared at them both in utter befuddlement. "You're his little sister?" "Well, yeah. I did...