The Taking

By LoveScripter

Every half century in a small little town hidden in the woods, a beast comes out from the forest to claim his... More

The Taking
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31-32
Chapter 33-34
Chapter 35
- Afterwards -
Sneak Peak: Book 2

Chapter 8

1M 36.2K 10K
By LoveScripter

"Oh-my-God, Oh-my-God." I repeated for like the hundredth time.

The gigantic beast--or should I say Greyson--barked as if snapping at me to shut up. My lips pressed together and I flattened my ass to the ground.

Standing on all four paws, he walked closer, maniacally like a dark looming figure.

"Stay. Sit. Stop. Heel!" I cried out a list of commands, while blocking my face with my hands and peeping through my shaking fingers.

He snorted, ignoring me. His beastly form sluggishly took the vacant spot on my right side and sat down. The whole time I acted as though his touch could turn me into a puddle of water.

He curled into a ball and rested his head between his front paws. If I moved away he crawled closer, tormenting me. His human-like eyes curiously observed me. I looked down; he looked up.

It was like he was saying, 'are you done yet?'

Are you kidding me? How am I able to understand him?

Using his front legs, he sat up and wagged his tail back and forth. I could hear the sound of his tail thumping on the floor in a steady upbeat rhythm.

"You're that dog." I say flatly.

He barked once and nodded.

Common sense told me that human beings turning into animals was not logical, but neither was conversing with dogs.

"Ha, ha, Greyson. Awesome trick, I know you're hiding somewhere." I could hardly hide the quiver in my voice. I wanted so badly for this to be some joke. Even with what I just saw, my stubborn side--the part of my brain that I inherited from my practical mother--told me that there had to be a rational explanation to unravel this well-planned deception.

If Hollywood can create cheap tricks, then who says other people can't?

"Greyson," I screamed again. "Cut the crap and show yourself!"

The dog barked again, this time angrily, causing me to jump. His tail swished back and forth as if enjoying my crazy tirade.

"If your dog attacks me, I swear, I'm going to call the pound to take it!" A silly notion considering I didn't have a phone with me and there's no way anyone could reach me. I pointed at the massive canine and it sticks his tongue out, panting. Even from where I stood I could smell its horrible bad breath.

Beads of sweat formed across my forehead when it finally dawned on me that Greyson wasn't going to show up and the dog could very well be him.

"Greyson." I looked the beast in the eyes. "If that is really you...can you please--

I wasn't able to finish the sentence, but he somehow understood. Next thing I knew, the dog hopped on the bed and burrowed under the blankets.

"What are you doing?"

The duvet moved around wildly, before human Greyson sprung up...naked.

Can this guy ever not pop out of nowhere with clothes on?

Thankfully, he had the sheet wrapped around his lower region. I gasped and looked away, after taking a good glance at his glorious upper body. I wouldn't be a healthy teenage girl if I didn't. Who could blame me?

"Sorry, the down side of being a werewolf is having to carry around an extra pair of clothes." He said, jumping off the bed along with the sheet and grabbing his shredded clothes, throwing them in a trash basket.

"Werewolf." I whispered, testing the word in my mouth.

All those legends I heard of as a kid-witches, vampires, big foot, mermaids-where they real too?

"Yup, that's what I am." He smiled sheepishly, then walked towards his dresser drawer and pulled out a new set of clothes. "If you don't mind, I'm going to change right here."

My cheeks blushed red and I covered my eyes with my hands. "There's a bathroom right there. Why don't you use it?"

I'm totally setting aside the fact that he was just a dog a few seconds ago.

"You're going to have to get used to seeing me naked, darling." Each word dripped with pure amusement.

Embarrassment and irritation fueled me to look up and throw him an evil glance. Completely forgetting that he was still changing, I got a good glimpse of an ass cheek before squealing inappropriately. Five seconds later I realized I was still staring at that said ass cheek.

Laughing like it didn't matter, Greyson burst into a fit of hysterics. Hacking his tonsils off until he had nothing left to let go.

"Most of the time, when I see a pretty girl eyeing me, I'd tell them to take a picture because it'll last longer, but you and I are forever, babe. You don't need to take a picture." He winked.

Arg. "Please stop."

"Stop what?" He smiled coyly.

Again his dimples have my stomach fluttering. Why can't they just go away?!

"Stop trying to flirt with me. It's not working." That's the biggest fat lie I've ever said.

And to make it worse, he didn't believe me. His blue eyes twinkle and I swear, he could see straight through me like a CAT scan. I might as well had a sign over my forehead saying LIAR.

"Uh-huh." He puts a shirt over his head and pulls it down. Now that he has shorts on my heart can rest easy by just a smudge.

I clear my throat. "Ok, so you're a werewolf."

He nods. "I am."

A flinch, a twitch, or a curve of the corner of his lips--nothing. No indication that he could be lying. Even his handsome face was as serious as a Greek sculpture.

"Is Leonardo a werewolf too?"

His teeth clenched and his jaw stiffened.

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

I shrug. "I'm just wondering."

If Leonardo is a werewolf, then Vincent must be one too! Suddenly a shiver of fear spreads through me for my sister's safety.

"I'm starting to realize how much you wondering makes me uneasy. Why are you suddenly asking about Leo?"

Do I hear a hint of jealousy in his voice?

"No reason. I just want to know if I have a chance kicking his sorry ass for getting me in this situation. I mean...he obviously knew about werewolves the first time we meet and he didn't tell me to run for the hills!"

Greyson sighed heavily. "If you ask nicely, add a peck on the lips, I'll kick his sorry ass for you."

As if...kiss him? No way. He must be senile.

"I'm not kissing you. And I fight my own battles."

"Whatever, I'm still going to beat him to a pulp for flirting with you." One of his incisors peaked from between his lips and I swallowed at the thought of it puncturing through my skin.

Dear god, I hope he doesn't find out I sort of flirted back with Leonardo just a tiny bit.

"You have no right. I'm not yours." I point out, narrowing my gaze at him.

"From the first time I sensed you, sweetheart, you were mine." His ending note came out at a growl.

The vibration sent chills down my skin from the top of my head down to my toes.

I tried my very best not to show him fear, but I had no doubt he could smell it.

Crossing my arms over my chest, I inhaled deeply and said, "I don't know if you know this, but I am a human being and as a human being I have the right to live as I choose. I am neither a thing you can play with, own or take advantage off. I want to leave this place, go home and, you and your hocus-pocus-or whatever can just take a shit!"

I turned on my heel and headed towards the doo, after mentally applauding myself for keeping my backbone.

"Hold on a minute."

I feel the tug on my shirt. I look back to see him pinching the fabric between his thumb and index finger. With as much effort I could afford, escaping his hold was impossible. Ironically, I felt like a dog tied to a leash.

"Let go, jerk." I screamed.

"No"

That's when I screeched like a banshee and nearly broke the glass.

Okay maybe not, but if I had used a higher octave I would have.

"Great. You've graciously announced yourself to the whole house." Greyson muttered.

What does that mean? I struggled more making it twice as difficult for him to bind me into his hard muscular arms. At the same time, I felt his hesitancy to crush me as if he could squeeze me like a tube of toothpaste.

Puh-lease...

Guys who overestimate themselves are so annoying.

"Touch my butt one more time and you're going to have to say sorry to your hand mister!"

"You are too freaking adorable...you know that." He sounded sarcastic, but at the same time it felt like he meant it too.

I grumbled loudly letting him know how much I hated him and hid how much my thoughts of him being so close made me feel sizzling warm.

Again his arms grazed my bare skin. The warmth and weight of him, made my body aware that Greyson was not a boy, but a man.

"Greyson, it's your father. What happened? Did you mark her? The whole house heard her scream!"

Fists pounded at the door.

"Shit." Greyson muttered.

I looked up and saw his cheeks turn a shade of red.

"What does mark mean? And why are you blushing?"

Greyson was fired so many questions by more voices from thither side of the door but none were answered even mine.

"Greyson, honey!" Now it was his mother. "I know you just found her, but I think it's a little too early for-

"I DIDN'T MARK HER!" Greyson practically roared.

The people on the other side silenced. Someone could have dropped a coin on the carpet and we could have heard it.

"Oh," Was his mother's only response until a curt giggle sounded after it.

"Lexie, go back to your room!" Greyson shouted.

"You can't tell me what to do!" She yelled back.

"Me neither!" I added, loud enough for the people on the other side to hear.

Greyson sent me a glare. "The women in my life are bent on driving me insane."

I pushed him against his chest giving us a good inch of distance. I wanted more space, but it looked like he wasn't allowing it.

"I'm not going to be any part of your life." I spat out.

"Oh yes you are!" He bickered.

"No I'm not!"

"YES you are,"

"No"

"Yes"

"Please stop! You two are sounding like the twins!" Bennett groaned.

So his father was art of the group outside too. I wonder how many people are listening.

"I didn't mark her dad. She screamed because I touched her." He explained.

"Inappropriately?" His mom asked innocently.

"NO!" Both Greyson and I said in unison and our faces were both bright red.

These people are so lewd!

"Oh." His mom said again. "That's good then. Though I expect my first grandchild after the wedding."

Oh-my-Gawd.

"Mom, it's not that easy." Greyson said.

Stop. Stop...

"Sure it is. You-

"STOP!" I clasped my face with both hands. "Take me home! I want to go home!" I cried.

Greyson cursed under his breath and grasped my shoulders hoping to calm me down. "Look what you did mom! You freaked her out!"

"I'm so sorry Celeste! I didn't mean too!" She appeared sincere, but at this point I didn't care.

I want to go home.

Crying was kind of foreign to me. The last time I cried was probably when my father died. I promised myself I would always appear strong in front of my mother and siblings, but they aren't here. I'm along with a werewolf and his whole family-I'm guessing-are werewolves as well.

I'm allowed to cry.

My fingers start to shake and feel numb. It's like my lungs lose oxygen and I start to hiccup violently.

"Please don't cry." Greyson actually sounded worried.

He sounds a lot like me the first time I had to babysit Trent at a few months old, because mom had to return to work at the hospital after her maternity leave. We stayed at a neighbor's house, but the single couple who had no experience taking care of a baby. I stay up at night when Trent cried and receive Charlotte's scolding when she broke all their plates. Without dad around, we all had a hard time cooping.

"Honey" Once again, someone knocks for us to let them inside.

Thankfully, Greyson got up and punched the door telling them to leave us alone and he could handle the situation. When he got back, he squats right in front of me and pats my head affectionately as if I were a child.

"Celeste, let's make a deal. If you promise to behave and hear me out in the next seven days I promise to let you see your family."

There was a catch to what he offered. "But you won't let me return to them."

"No,' he said flatly. "I can only allow you to see them."

"Can they see me?"

"No, they can't."

"Then, that's a stupid deal!" I cried, punching him across the chest, but he didn't dither.

"Take it or leave it, darling."

"I'd rather die than be with you!"

My emotions manipulated my words. I could no longer grasp humanity with everything I learned in one day. But something told me I've only heard half of everything he wanted me to know. There was that look on his face that expressed a person just waiting to spill his deepest darkest secrets. I know because Charlotte has that face when she wants to tell me about the latest gossip at her school.

Greyson grasped my face with both his hands and held my gaze in place so that our eyes would lock.

"Don't even joke about death. I swear to you, if you utter those words again, or anything like that, I will not leave your side even if it's for the bathroom."

I gulped, staring wide-eyed back at him. He looked at me with utmost seriousness, I felt like a tiny mouse beneath his feet.

"Do you understand, Celeste? Never..."

"I won't." It wasn't a lie. I would never do such a thing, but why did I have to assure him I won't?

His warm hands were replaced by the cool air ventilating around his room. He sighed frustratingly and even I felt a sense of relief.

"I'll think about allowing you to see your family again. But please give me a chance. I will never try to hurt you." He said.

He sounded like some crazy kidnapper. The way he just took me and assumed I would happily go along with his plan. The flight that would take me, my mom, Charlotte and Trent home is scheduled in a less than three weeks. I needed to find a way out of here before then.

I might as well cooperate with Greyson while I plan my escape.

"Fine."

His brows lift up in surprise. "You're actually agreeing with me?" His lips pulled up in a bright smile and his dimples deepened more than I had seen before.

"Yes, but I don't like it."

Taking a leap forward, he crushed me into his arms and my head buried into his chest. Parts of peanut butter his brother wiped on me transferred to his shirt. His nose buried into my hair. It felt really weird having a guy sniff my head. Really-really awkward. But at the same time I was kind of captivated by his scent as well. He smelt wonderful, like woods, clean fresh air and musky man smell.

He tugged at the tips of my hair. "You smell like my soap, but there is a hint of strawberries."

"My shampoo."

I could feel the smile form on his face. "You smell delectable."

I stiffened, while my heart struggled to keep blood flowing to the rest of my body.

Would it be weird to say I could possibly be attracted to a giant dog?

NOTE: Dec 24, 2016

HAPPY HOLIDAYS YOU FREAKISHLY AMAZING PEOPLE!!! I'M BACK!!! I've graduated and I'm ready to write again after a year of constant chaos. I have edited this book again so you will find some changes to the style of writing. This book has been closed off from the public but I have made it visible once more. SO YOU BETTER BE GRATEFUL, you marshmallows! Let's make one thing clear though IF YOU COPY MY BOOK...I WILL FIND YOU.

BE WARNED. xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 91.3K 20
Gabby's brain is like a human fish finder. It comes in handy when she wants to avoid people. Mostly men. They seem to like her a bit too much. It's l...
51.8K 1.7K 29
This story is not about rejection or my pack beause I would have had to know about werewolves before I fell in love with one. With a family cabin al...
5M 127K 34
(Book in the process of editing) " Miss please stand in front of the class and introduce yourself.," my teacher said as she directed me where to stan...
31K 1.1K 40
All wolves find their mates eventually, willingly or otherwise. Jenna has been dreading the moment she meets hers for as long as she can remember. To...