Torchwood Meets Torchwood

By RosiePiper

Tori Sparrow is the broken leader of Torchwood Four. She's seen terror, pain, anguish, but also beauty and lo... More

Torchwood Meets Torchwood
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Author's Note
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Ninteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Eight

1K 36 6
By RosiePiper

            Angry tears streamed down Becca’s face as she made her way into the basement. She was determined to find Jeff and Ianto. Coming around a corner, Becca saw a short yet muscular man standing guard in front of a door. Clasped tightly in his hands was a 9mm Glock.

            Still sniffling, Becca shot the man in the leg then ran in and smacked him over the head with her handgun, promptly knocking him out. Then she dragged his body into one of the random rooms in the basement and then she ran back over to the door he was guarding. Taking a quick, steadying breath, Becca held her gun tightly in her hands. Sending up a silent prayer, Becca kicked the door open.

            Her jaw dropped, “IANTO?”

                                                                                  - - -

            Tori looked a Jack with a frown as he got up and dusted himself off, “What was that all about?”

            Jack just shook his head and held out a cellphone with a terribly cracked screen.

            “What’s that?” Tori asked in confusion.

            “Becca’s cellphone,” he tossed it at Tori and she caught in with one hand. Jack brushed past her and went straight up to Tosh. “Tosh, Ari, Brendan,” they all looked at him, “I need you to take Tori up to reception and turn only the main lights off. It will buy me a little more time if any of Tyler’s men made it through that explosion.”

            “What are you going to do?” Jeff asked, brow furrowed.

            Jack looked over his shoulder, “I’m gonna go find Becca, Jeff, and Ianto.”

         Brendan opened his mouth to speak, but Jack cut him off, “Just follow my orders,” Jack paused and then called over his shoulder as he ran off into the darkness, “Round up Gwen too will ‘ya? Don’t want her getting too trigger happy.”

                                                                                - - -

            Owen growled as he stepped out of the shower once again. Walking over to his pile of clothes he dug out his cellphone and looked at it. About five missed calls from Tori, seven missed calls from Tosh, and one new text message from Becca.

            Hands shaking, Owen opened it, “OWEN,” it read, “BREACH. GET YOUR FAT ASS OVER HERE.”

            Breach? Did he read that correctly? Yes; there was a breach in Torchwood. Stumbling over his partial drunkenness, Owen pulled his clothes on, and then froze. His car was still in Torchwood’s parking lot! He would have to walk all the way there! Gathering up all the strength he could muster, Owen threw open his door and began sprinting to Torchwood’s base.

                                                                                  - - -

            Tears streamed down Becca’s face as she surveyed the bloody scene before her. Ianto was on his knees, holding Jeff’s head in his hands. Dropping to the floor Becca ripped off Jeff’s black jacket and tossed it aside. She pressed her head to his bloody chest - no pulse. She sat up and checked for a pulse on his neck, but there was none. Tears flowing like crazy, Becca leaned her ear up against Jeff’s mouth - he wasn’t breathing. Jeff was dead.

            Ianto choked on his tears as he said, “I’m so sorry…”

          Becca sat up and sniffled, using her now bloody hands to wipe the tears out of her eyes, “It’s okay Ianto... you did everything you could.”

            Then the power went off and the door swung open. Becca spun around just in time to find herself face-to-face with the barrel of the gun. She could see fingers tense around the trigger and she began to throw her arms up in defense when the gun lowered. It was Jack.

            Becca’s lip twitched, “Huh. I’m surprised you didn’t pull the trigger,” she said bitterly. Then she turned around and gently closed Brendan’s eyes.

            Jack knelt down next to Becca, “I’m sorry,” he said.

            A hot tear dripped off Becca’s nose and landed on Jeff's face - it made him look as if he was crying. Smiling faintly, she wiped it away and glanced up at Ianto. He had pulled away and was halfway curled into a ball, “Please,” Becca pleaded, “Ianto, tell me what happened,” she looked at Jeff and then back, “I need to know.”

            Ianto wiped his eyes, “Three of Tyler’s men took us… they tied us up and put us in here, but we broke free. I-I’m not sure exactly what happened… it went so fast…”

            Becca gently placed a hand on Ianto’s arm, “its okay,” she half-whispered, “take your time.”

            Nodding, Ianto took a shaky breath and continued, “Jeff took one of the man’s guns and went to shoot when there was another bang - I think the bloke you saw standing guard outside shot him.” Ianto said the last few words harshly.

            Becca sniffled again turning to Jack, she growled, “Lets get these sons of bitches.”

            Jack grinned, “That’s the spirit.” He turned to Ianto, “Ianto!”

            Ianto stood, “Yes sir?!”

            “Go up to reception; Tori, Brendan, Tosh, and Ari should be up there already,” Jack paused, “Oh, and if Gwen isn’t already there, make sure she gets there.” Ianto nodded as Jack continued, “Get everyone to meet me and Becca outside of the water tower in fifteen minutes; if we aren’t there,” Jack drew a sidelong glance at Becca, but she wasn’t looking, “well, you know what to do.”

            Nodding, Ianto was halfway out the door when Becca called, “Ianto!”

            He poked his head around the corner, “Yes ma’am?”

            Becca sniffled once more, “Uh, there should be a 9mm Glock right outside the door in the hallway; I knocked it out of the guard’s hands when I hit him.”

            Ianto nodded and disappeared into the darkness.

            Jack looked at Becca; she was gently caressing Jeff's fair-skinned cheek.

            “Becca?”

            Becca looked at Jack, “I know,” she whispered, and then silently grabbed a canvas that just happened to be lying around and used it to cover Jeff up.

            “Ready,” she said, wiping her tears away, a new, painful, burning fire ravaging through her eyes like a wildfire.

            Jack and Becca rushed through the basement and found themselves at the main Hub in a matter of minutes. Becca’s heart dropped; Tyler’s men where everywhere, trying to pick through the destruction Tori had left.

            “Well Mr. Harkness,” Becca breathed with a sigh, “What’s your brilliant idea now?”

            Sighing, Jack’s manipulative eyes grazed across the entire platform. “Well,” he said with a shrug, “I guess we’re just gonna have to be really... silent...”

            Becca frowned, shaking her head in confusion, but Jack pointed at the large door that lead to reception across the platform. She followed Jack’s lead as they began to creep towards the door. That’s when Jack stopped suddenly, jabbing Becca in the ribs. She let out a sharp gasp of pain and doubled over. One of Tyler’s men heard and shouted, “HEY!” before letting bullets fly from his gun.

            “Cover blown!” Jack yelled and took off running.

            “REALLY?” Becca screamed, running as fast as she could after him, “YOU DON'T SAY!” she tripped over something, but recovered her balance and kept running as a bullet whizzed by her arm, “I SWEAR TO GOD JACK, IF WE SURVIVE THIS I’M GOING TO KILL YOU MYSELF!”

            Jack and Becca ducked and weaved through rubble and occasionally Jack would turn around and shoot someone. Becca was always right on his heels, but she could never seem to catch up.

            Shortly they were able to hide in the dark shadow of a beam, the door leading to reception was right in front of them. “Great,” Becca grunted, looking down to see blood beginning to seep through the bandages Jack had put on her. She turned too looked at Jack, “Now what? The power’s off, how do you expect us to push that door open? It must weigh a ton...”

            Jack snorted and rolled his eyes, and then he held up his arm. Squinting through the darkness, Becca could make out a brown leather watch-like thing strapped around his wrist. He pulled the top flap open and pressed a few buttons, and then the door began to open.

            “RUN!” Jack yelled.

        Gunfire bounced around as Becca and Jack squeezed past the door. One shot ricocheted off the door and grazed her upper arm. She let out a yelp of pain and dropped to her knees. Eyes bulging out of her head in pain, Becca grabbed her arm as blood began to pour from it. She screamed, falling back against the wall.

            Jack knelt down beside her with his eyebrows raised in amusement. Seeing the look he was giving her, Becca made a face and threw a piece of wood at him. He dodged it easily. Becca gently pulled her sleeve down and looked at the wound. Looking back, she saw the bullet burrowed in the wall behind her. “It’s just a flesh wound,” Becca grumbled, pulling her sleeve back up, “It’s starting to clot, it should stop bleeding soon,” she sighed, “but honestly, if I get shot one more time I expect a paid vacation.”

            Snorting, Jack helped Becca up, “Can you make it?” he asked.

         She rolled her eyes and ever-so gently leaned against him for support. “I’ll be fine,” she grumbled. The two walked up to reception, but when they entered there was no one in sight. Becca’s heart skipped a beat, "...Where is everyone?” she huffed.

            Jack leaned against the wall cautiously, checking every angle and corner for someone or something out of place, “I don’t know,” he whispered, “Let’s just go out to the water tower, they’ll come.”

            Becca nodded and followed Jack as they walked out of the Hub and into the night. The breeze was so strong it almost knocked her off her feet, but she caught herself by once again griping tightly to Jack’s long gray coat. He glanced back at her, but never said a word.

            A few minutes later they were huddled up in front of the water tower, trying to avoid the harsh breeze coming off the bay. “I’m freezing,” Becca said, teeth chattering.

            Jack pursed his lips, “You shoulda worn a coat.”

            Becca growled at him, rubbing her bare arms, “Not like I had a chance to grab one.”

            Then she heard the sound of a gun cocking and felt cold metal press against the back of her head. “Don’t make any sudden movements,” a female voice sounded. Becca didn’t recognize the voice, this woman had a thick Austrian accent.

            Blocked by the water tower though, Jack realized the woman couldn’t see him. Using this to his advantage, Jack shuffled to the right.

            “Put your hands up,” the woman said, pushing Becca forward a bit.

            Becca swallowed hard and made eye contact with Jack as she slowly raised her hands.

            Jack, taking this as a signal, jumped out and let one shot off.

            Becca winced as the gun fell away from her and she felt warmth splatter across the back of her head. Turning slowly, she saw the Austrian woman lying on the ground with a bullet lodged in her head. She swallowed hard again, and her voice waivered as she spoke, “N-Nice sh-shot.”

            Jack smiled faintly as he walked over to stand next to Becca, “Thanks… I’m actually surprised she didn’t notice me; I mean, with my looks…” Jack shook his head, “She must have been a lesbian, that’s the only possible reason she would’ve chosen you over me.”

            Becca smiled as she shook her head; leave it to Jack to start making jokes while they were in a life and death situation. His amusement was cut short by a bullet that pulsed through the air and slammed into Jack’s right temple. Becca screamed and jumped back as blood sprayed over the side of her face. His lifeless body crumpled to the ground and Becca screamed, “JACK!”

            Crimson blood pooled out from his head. The bullet had entered through his temple; there was no exit wound. She dropped to her knees and laid her head on his chest, “Oh come on Jack!” Becca cried, but there was no pulse - Jack wasn’t breathing. She sat up in defeat. Jack’s gorgeous blue eyes were empty now as they stared up at the stars. Jack was dead. “Why? Why, Jack?” Becca gently ruffled his brown hair, “Don’t leave me too,” she whispered.

            “Don’t move,” someone said, and for the third time that night Becca felt the barrel of a gun being pressed to the back of her head.

            Becca was shaking in anger as Jack’s still warm blood dripped down her face. She swiftly grabbed Jack’s revolver up from the ground and in the same movement turned, slapped her assailant’s gun away, and pointed Jack’s gun at him, “No,” Rebecca said in a broken, yet defiant tone, “You’re the one who isn’t going to move.”

            Of course, the man turned and ran. Becca, tears streaming down her face, aimed the gun, and pulled the trigger. The bullet exploded from Jack’s gun and shattered the man’s spine before piercing deep into his no-longer beating heart.

            Shock at what she had done finally coming over her, Rebecca dropped to her knees again, clutching Jack’s bloody gun. And then Becca just sat there, silently, staring straight ahead, with bodies on either side of her, and blood pooling around her legs.

(A/N- So, what do you think's gonna happen next? :D I hope to have the next [and FINAL] chapter up tomorrow... but forgive me, I have swim practice what seems like 24/7. :P WARNING, it ends with a random cliff hanger... This is my most popular book on here, so I am willing to do the sequel, but it may not be as good as this one because I won't have a lot of time to edit it and what-not. Thoughts? COMMENT. :D xx ♥)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184 11 11
The doctor hasn't been the same for some time now, she is absent and rarely takes her "Fam" on an adventure. Yaz, Ryan, and Graham decide to confront...
339K 15.7K 25
―SEQUEL TO "FIX ME"― Now that the Doctor is back, things have changed. AJ believes they'll just get back to travelling, but the Doctor has other plan...
Keep Dreaming By lily

Science Fiction

136 3 16
"𝘌𝘳𝘪𝘯, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘦, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵? 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩...
2.3K 167 29
Evelina Cosmo Firestone has a number of new things to work out, in life, herself, and her work. But the first should probably be what's happening bet...