Why Do You CareMortal Instrum...

By ShadowhunterNovak

Shitty start, gets better, gimme a shot plz. After Jace cheats on Clary with Kaelie, Clary goes running away... More

Authors Note
Part 1- Happy with You
Part 2- The Academy
Part 3- Training
Part 4
Part 5- Home Again
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9-The fight
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13- Raphael Santiago
Part 15-
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Random Authors Note
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Epilogue

Part 14- Gavin Anderson

102 1 0
By ShadowhunterNovak

A/N 

I wasn't sure on writing this in Gavin's POV or getting to know him. So I thought more getting to know him, I might make some references to the book series I got him from but I won't make him entirely about that series. It will have tidbits about the people and what he did. Just thought that you guys would like a prewarning in case they don't understand a phrase. I'm also explaining some parts that are explained in the actual book in case you are going to read it. With Gavin this is all before the 4th book as well. This is also during the time that Izzy and Alec were at the Hotel Dumort with Raphael. Sorry for the long A/N.  

Clary's POV

I was having a great time. Gavin was a great person to talk to. Even if we were relying on Magnus for topics. He was very passionate about what he was talking about. Sometimes we forgot about Magnus until he coughed since we were getting to into the argument or topic and leaning across the table and causing a scene. 

"So Gavin, why did you move down here?" I ask him to distract him from what we were talking about.

"My then girlfriend decided that she wanted to move. I suggested her and she gave me the 'Look'. Ya know the Look. I must've made a bad mistake. I think it was something about her twin brother and she didn't want to talk to me for a long time. That just kind of fizzled out. I know that seems ridiculous but that is what happened. Anyway I moved over here and doing some business caused me to meet Alec. And through him a gorgeous lady that I like." He tells me, I try to stop my face turn a shade matching my hair but by his laugh a know I failed.

"What kind of business?" I ask curious about how it would cause him to meet Alec. He just looks at me for a second. 

"Okay, so I'm gonna bring up a memory for you, I don't know how you're gonna take it though. So Alec told me when you first met Jace you asked about zombies, do you remember?" He says. My face has definitely lost some of the red and was turning back to normal, if not paler. That was a bad time. All I could do was nod my head. 

"He said that zombies were only down south, I lived in Georgia, the south. I then moved to Alabama even further south. Ya know where I'm heading?" I nod my head 

"Kind of." I say

"Well. Back in Alabama I was part of a crew that hunted zombies. Only a few people could see them and they also only come out at night. Coming up here I thought I would get a break but I didn't. The business that got me meeting Alec was that I was trying to recruit people for a crew here. I thought he was a slayer but apparently he only has the sight, not the ability to fight them." He continued 

"He's an amazing fighter, how does he not have the ability to fight them?" I say confused. At this point I see Magnus walk away on his phone. 

"To be a slayer you have to be able to see them and to be able to fight in your spirit. I'm not the best at explaining this. But they are in another realm. One that we can't touch while we are in the human body. You have to leave and be in spirit." I nod my head  kind of getting what he says.

"Zombies are most like the demons you fight. They are ruthless and one drop of the toxins they carry you will die if not given the antidote." He says.

"Are you sure you're not a shadowhunter? Has Alec tested you?" I ask, I want him to be a shadow hunter. I want to see him in battle. "Would I seem zombies?" I ask slowly as I realise that I might be able to see them. 

"Probably. I can find out but I would do it in a less populated area." He tells me.  I shake my head

"Not today, I want to get to know you." I tell him Before Jace comes down in hysterics knowing I'm with someone right now. I mentally add. 

"Well, what do ya wanna know?" He says winking. 

"I want to know about your time in Alabama, I've always wanted to go, my mum just wouldn't let me and now I'm a shadowhunter." I say. 

"Winter is freezing. First of all. Sitting at a high school football game? Argh  that is cold. I didn't go to high school in Alabama though. When I was there I was mainly with the crew or a girl...." He tapers off near the end. "But that was a while ago, I have changed since my ex." 

"I don't care what your past was like. I only know you now." I tell him. He opens his mouth to say something when Magnus comes over.

"Sorry biscuit, I got to go. Alec needs me." He says 

"It's all good, we will have to manage without you." I say. 

"Cherry is right. We will have to manage." Gavin says smirking at me.

"Cherry? That is what you would call me? Cherry?" I gasp. 

"What, you have red hair, very sweet but has a heart of gold?" he says that smirk not leaving his face. 

"The pip is not gold!" I say. 

"Okay, then how about a hard core?" He says taking his smirk to the brink of a smile. I see from the corner of my eye Magnus smile then walk away. 

"Oh by the Angel. Save me from this man." I say looking up to the roof. 

"Why you looking up to the roof? The Angel is right in front of you." 

"Argh, you're impossible" I tell him exasperated 

"That's what they all say." He grins. 

"What to call you, what to call you?" I mutter under my breathe.

"What was that Cherry? Couldn't hear ya." He asks. Now its my turn to smirk. 

"Don't worry Gavin, You will find out soon." The look of fear on his face, though for a split second, was amazing. 

"Shit, you have a dark side. You would get along great with Ali." He tells me. 

"Who is Ali?" I ask.

"Ahh. She is one of my best friends." I narrow my eyes at him, is this my luck? "Before you start thing I have a thing with her. No I do not. She tried to kill me when I made a move. I mean sure, she wasn't in her right mind but still. And she is dating another one of my friends." He says

"Holy angel. She tried to kill you?!" I say shocked. 

"Not what you're thinking. She wasn't in the right mind and she did warn me before it took over. I ain't saying more this was last year and we are great friends." He sighs still smiling. He looks good when smiling. 

"What are you thinking of Cherry?" He asks.

"Is that what you are going to call me forever." I say

"Forever eh? You plan on keeping me?" He asks me. 

Before I could answer I notice Jace and Simon standing at the door watching us. Gavin notices my gaze and looks over. 

"Who are they?" He asks. I couldn't answer. My eyes were glued to Simon and the betrayal I saw on his face. Jace flinches when he realises that Gavin could see him. 

"The, the bl- the one with glasses is my best friend." I say. I can't even look at Jace since I can feel his emotion coming off him in waves. "The blonde," I turn to meet Gavin's gaze again. " He is my ex. The one that cheated." I whisper. Seeing him here with Gavin made me realise that he will always be around the corner. Always waiting for me. And I don't want that. 

"Clary." Simon starts. I can't look at him. I feel like I betrayed him. He said he liked me and I then go out and do this? He was just a rebound. I didn't actually like him. Oh my angel. I can't believe that."Who is that?"He asks me 

"This is Gavin. Gavin me Simon and Jace." I say. I take a step forward to stand next to Gavin. He puts his arm around my shoulders. He knows that this is tough for one reason. Not the other. 

"Nice to finally meet you guys. She has told me high regards to both of you. One more than the other." He mutters the last part so that I could only hear. I chuckle a little. The boys look to me. 

"What are you doing?" Jace asks. 

"Why do you care?" I respond. 

"Because if this is a date, I want you to know that I'm not over you. I want you to know that I am still here." He says

"Now tell me why I would care what you want me to know? Why would I go back to someone that cheated on me? They end, more often or not, with the same result. Tell me why would you even bother coming and ruining this. So what if this is a date? I have told you multiple times that I don't care what you think. I'm moving on for Angels sake. Can you learn to take that and just leave me alone? I thought you had started to care about what I thought again and respected my wishes by leaving me alone and letting me live my own life. I don't give a shit whether you want me to know these things." I rant out. They know how angry I am by the fact that I swore. I never swear. I mean never. 

"I was respecting your wishes since it wasn't moving on. I was respecting you since I thought if I gave you time you would come back." He tells me 

"So you only gave me time so that you could get back into my good books." I laugh darkly "How did that work out for you?" I don't give him a chance to respond when I turn to Simon.

"And you? You came for the same reasons?" I ask. He looks shocked. I rarely ever give an outburst like that. He knows not to argue with me after something like that. 

"I-I came because I heard that you were here. I didn't know you were with someone." He says

"Then why the look of betrayal? You came in with a person who knew I was with someone and probably didn't believe him and came to see it with your own eyes." I say. He doesn't know what to do but the way he drops his head in embarrassment is all the confirmation that I needed. 

"Come on Gavin lets go." I say softly, defeated that they both came and that Simon would do that.  

As we walked out of the cafe I take notice of the time. 

"Woah, they was a long time." I say. 

"Yeah, Magnus left quite a while ago." He says. I laugh since he knew that bringing up what happened just then wasn't the best idea. "What happened just then," or not "I understood about Jace, you said he cheated. Going off at Simon? You never said anything bad about him."

"It never occurred to me while I was with you. The first time I met you, with Alec and Magnus. Just before I got ready to go. We had a meeting and when that meeting was over Simon wanted to talk to me. He said that he still liked me. I struggle with that since I met you and I really like you but Simon is my best friend and I don't want to hurt him." I spill out. 

"Tell him the truth. How do you feel about him?" He asks.

"I feel like the feelings I had were rebound." I say. 

A/N

Well. I hope you enjoyed and sorry for the second note but I gotta say something. If u think i am gonna write smut your mistaken. I aint doing that shit. Also that this chapter was extra long since I didn't know when to end it. 

How do you feel about Gavin?? I love him. 

I FUCKIN DID IT. I DID A DOUBLE POST GUYS might not be that amazing to u but i'm proud

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 302 18
A 'Mortal Instruments' Fanfiction - Clary lands herself at Angel Peaks Asylum for the Criminally Insane. What did she do to get there? Was it the voi...
31.3K 809 21
[COMPLETED BUT SERIES DISCONTINUED] [BASED OFF THE BOOK SERIES. NOT THE TV SHOW] Clarissa Fairchild and Jace Herondale, the happy perfect couple of t...
2.6K 111 26
**UNDER EDITING -this was written almost 5? Years ago so it's very messy in places and long overdue a touch-up <3** Clary is chasing the shadows and...
41.3K 958 21
Clary Fray has just moved from New Jersey to Brooklyn with her abusive dad and brother, while her grandmother is stuck fighting for custody over Clar...