LETTERS TO REALITY ✓

Bởi taehphoria

Letters to Reality now available as a paperback book on Amazon and other stores: link in bio! love letters to... Xem Thêm

LTR
HOSEOK
JIN
NAMJOON
TAEHYUNG
JUNGKOOK
JIMIN
YOONGI
question 1
question 2
just the beginning
we've come far since then
FROM JIN
note to self
harder than i thought
FROM HOSEOK
restful soul restless soul
it's sad isn't it?
FROM TAEHYUNG
FROM JUNGKOOK
sorry bro
come back!
past to future
thank you
FROM JIMIN
FROM YOONGI
stay with me this time
finally
playlist:
character Q & A: ask away
timeline
character Q & A
love as a whole
sequel surprise
PHOTO ALBUM
100K
links and more
doux danger
announcement
updated trailer
update #1
RELEASE DATE:
update #2
update #3
OUT NOW!
reviews
thank you
second edition
uquiz

good out of bad

6.6K 635 877
Bởi taehphoria

Ten - Good out of bad

Why am I going? - Serenity thinks to herself as she parks her car.

She runs her hands down the steering wheel, letting out an abyssal breath before taking into account the car park, the slick gates and the groups of people standing outside. Some are feeding their urges with cigarettes, some are walking into the grand mansion with shrewd, jolly kids and birthday bags and some are taking pictures.

Serenity forces herself to step out of the car and she hesitates to take out the costly bouquet and the birthday bag from her boot. I could leave and no one would know- she thinks to herself, feeling inclined to not attend.

Then she groans with resentment. You're a grown adult! Step out of your comfort zone- the decisive side of her shouts.

So, Serenity sighs, placing the bright bag on her arm and holding the bouquet of roses, daisies and lilies securely. She feels anxious, jittery and baffled by the sight in front of her. She's questioning whether she's at the right address.

The boulder, curvy path she walks onto with slow steps, leads her to the brightly lit mansion- it makes her heart beat faster and her palms sweat. The halcyon fairy lights surround the path as it leads her to the double doors which are open to a majestic, remarkable place.

This is where Taehyung lives?

All Serenity can smell is the richness and it makes her feel odd. She feels like a complete outsider.

Her thoughts about the unwashed dishes at home come to a halt when she eyes the security guard who nods at her with a smile, eyes behind dark sunglasses and crossed, muscular arms.

Serenity's flats tap against the marble floor as she straightens out her ash dress. She has no idea where to go so she follows the group of people in front of her, leading to a lot more noise.

She walks into a massive hall with a long staircase. Golden decorations adorn the place and it's almost like a ball... Not a kid's birthday party.

Serenity's anxiety increases as she realises how she's stood alone, segregated from the crowds of happy looking people, as they all talk and laugh around her with drinks in their hands. Her eyes wander around and she smiles a little when noticing a bouncy castle with little kids everywhere.

As her tired eyes wander around the airy place, she spots him.

Taehyung.

He's stood alone, laughing at the kids on the bouncy castle. Serenity suddenly feels like he's the only one in the huge room.

His hands are clasped in front of him, a ring on a special finger he never used to have, which makes her feel warm and happy for him. He's dressed in a black and white suit that fits his vast frame, paired with polished shoes and his hair is parted beautifully, dingy strands that glimmer copper in the subdued light.

But Serenity finds it hard to take her eyes off his expression. The look on his face is unique- he really is having more happy days. Matching brown eyes slit into half-crescent moons under a pair of agreeable eyebrows, gold cheekbones high as his teeth show when he grins widely in an amusing manner.

Serenity wants to cry at the sight of the man so beautiful.

Her heart feels heavy as she musters up some courage to approach him. She's here for him and to see his son. Oh my goodness.

Serenity approaches him from behind and she's so close, she can sense so much.

Fuck it- she stands next to him, her side knocking into his.

She keeps her eyes forward, not daring to look at him as she feels his eyes on her. They can sense the delight, the tension and the colossal relief.

"Bouncy castle huh?" She snickers.

A secret, nervous smile creeps onto Serenity's face as she feels him nudge her, sensing his smile as he tries to hide his shock. A sense of a reunion makes her very sentimental. "Do you want to go on it?" And his voice is so clear.

"God, you actually came," Taehyung speaks his thoughts.

It's then that Serenity turns to look him in the eye. An old friend with splendid memories. They maintain eye contact and she feels the stems of the vibrant flowers poke the inside of her hand because she's holding them so tightly.

"Come here." Taehyung murmurs and he wraps one long arm around her neck, pulling her into him as he holds her close.

And when she wraps her arms around him, leaning her head on his shoulder, his darkened hair tickling the side of her face... She feels a sudden, missed warmth as a shiver runs down her spine. Serenity thinks to herself that maybe sending the letters was a good thing.

They hug for a long time, embracing each other with a gentle touch and a gracious atmosphere surrounds them, in which they no longer feel distressed or awkward.

"These are for you and-" She gets cut off by Taehyung's husband appearing, and Serenity gives the elated, settled couple the nice smelling flowers.

"Serenity! This is Elijah, my son." Taehyung points towards a small boy who approaches them, dressed in flannel and chestnut coloured jeans. His cheerful state matches his father and it's adorable.

"Hi there." Serenity kneels to his height, kindness and innocence flooding her eyes as she changes into a different person. "It's nice to meet you." She smiles.

She never would've thought she'd meet Taehyung again... Never mind his son. She remembers seeing it on the letter, surprise as well as relief flooded through her. She wanted to be a part of their lives because a mini Taehyung would be amazing.

Serenity gasps- her face scrunching up as an aw leaves her lips. "Oh my gosh... You have squishy cheeks like your dad!"

The young boy moves away politely and Serenity laughs. She pats the birthday badge on his chest that says a big number six.

"I'm your dads' friend." Serenity smiles again.

Elijah looks confused, glancing at his dads face before looking back at Serenity. He analyses her carefully with narrow eyes. "Why have I never met you before then?"

Serenity doesn't know how to answer so she thinks before speaking. "I was scared." She feels their eyes on her.

"Scared of what?"

Serenity smirks. "Scared because I wouldn't be able to handle your cuteness." The boy in front of her starts to giggle and the adults are relieved.

Serenity shakes her head. "And you know what... I'm right." She raises her voice, smiling when seeing the men laugh at her reaction. "I can't handle it. You're too cute."

"I got you a present." Serenity hands the birthday bag over to Taehyung's son with hope that he'll like a pot of slime. "I hope you have a wonderful birthday."

She pokes his cute nose and it's crazy how different she feels when being with kids. They take out a side to her many don't see often. "Keep smiling until your cheeks hurt. You're a big boy."

Elijah tilts his head. "Will I see you again?"

"Urm-"

Taehyung is about to interject as he senses the difficulty and apprehension of Serenity, but she speaks first, certain with her reply. "Yes definitely! I think I can handle your cuteness now." She hums.

Elijah grins.

Serenity places a hand to her heart and closes her eyes dramatically. "Oh no, you smiled... Nope, I'm melting into a puddle."

Elijah runs off which leaves two people who haven't seen each other in forever, yet the luxury, loyalty and support they once had still loomed in the serene air they share. Serenity is more than glad because they're more mature, older yet they're the essence of forever.

"You've always been so good with kids," Taehyung tells Serenity as they stare at the kids.

"What can I say? I'm the oldest, I guess I've had some experience."

Taehyung flinches and uncrosses his arms quickly. "Elijah tripped... Oh crap, he's really sensitive. I'll be right back Serenity. Don't move."

When she watches Taehyung attend to his son with an- are you alright birthday boy?... She notices someone else.

She feels faint and her life feels like it's playing tricks.

Jungkook on the bouncy castle.

//

Serenity makes her way outside, pushing the back doors open to a decent-sized garden, lit up with an outside lamp. The house never fails to amaze her, it keeps getting better and better.

She takes a seat on a fold-up chair and realises just how much she needed to be alone. Seeing Jungkook changed her mood.

Serenity takes out a box of cigarettes and an old-fashioned lighter from her scruffy jacket before staring at her essentials. She stops herself and plays with the lighter instead, taking in the frigid breeze, the smell of grass and the night sky.

She hears the doors behind her open brashly and when she turns around, slightly uptight and surprised, she smiles in fulfilment.

Taehyung joins her outside, opening the buttons of his blazer before taking a seat on the chair beside her. He eyes the lighter in her hand with concern and looks up at her. "Since when did you smoke?"

"Someone influenced me. I guess I'm trying not to."

Taehyung hums and leans back in his seat, relaxation radiating off him as they stare ahead. "I'm sensing that you feel like your life is shit." He says with amusement. The way he words it makes her laugh out loud.

Serenity scoffs. "That's because it is."

She buries her hands in her hair before a rush of staggered breath leaves her. "I'm sorry for not coming to your wedding. I really wanted to, but I had no courage-" And she feels her palms sweat.

"Serenity, it's okay." Taehyung ends her rant. He can tell she is feeling too much at the same time and all he wants to do is be there for her like he hasn't been. "So why are you sat here alone?"

Serenity puts away her cigarettes and lighter. "I think you know why." She mumbles.

Then she decides to trust Taehyung with her thoughts and her inconsistent emotions. He's not one to treat her like a doormat, like all her past friends. "I didn't know he'd be here." Serenity admits.

Seeing Jungkook bouncing with his long legs and cheeky smile made her heart tighten.

Taehyung smiles because he wanted Serenity to come on purpose and he knew she'd feel this way. "Of course. He's my best friend."

Serenity suddenly laughs. "Of course, he'd be on the bouncy castle."

"Yeah, he's Elijah's favourite person," Taehyung replies. Serenity is glad to see their friendship lasted all this time.

I'm going to change that- Serenity thinks to herself and thinks of Elijah and his charisma.

"I made him blow it up too." Taehyung seems proud, glancing back at the party inside. He prefers to be unaccompanied, away from the buzz and with himself. Today is not a usual thing for his family.

Serenity feels emotional. She wants to cry out loud. All her thoughts are bubbling up under her raging emotions. The letters, the party, Taehyung, Jungkook- "I made such a stupid mistake."

"Do you regret coming?"

"No." Serenity is quick to answer.

"That was a definite answer."

Serenity nods. "I was in the car park like- I could leave and no one would know... Quick Serenity!"

Taehyung lets out a small laugh. "I was waiting for you."

Serenity feels another smile reaching her lips. The duo smile at each other, under a star-filled sky. "You were right Taehyung, we had something so good... Like we were each other's anchor and we had each other's support."

She continues. "And it's stupid how in the midst of you finding yourself... We stopped whatever we had." She lowers her gaze and huffs, feeling agitated. "I'm sorry for contributing to us fading away."

"Maybe something good will come out of this." Taehyung tries to reassure her, waiting for her to make eye contact with his deep, chocolate eyes. "Good out of bad."

Serenity feels hopeless. She should've never gotten drunk that night. "Like what?"

Taehyung doesn't think before he speaks. "A second chance with Jungkook." He says as an immediate, honest reply.

Serenity is about to protest but Taehyung cuts her off with a raise of his bony hand. "Hear me out." He starts. "There's still something for the both of you, trust me. I caught him crying himself to sleep when he stayed at mine, he was clutching your letter."

"He sleeps with your letter on his bedside table. He's in a daze. He's still in love with you."

Serenity feels her heart rate increase and she wants to cry because he deserves better. The boy knows exactly how she feels and what hurts her more is that after so long, he's still in love with her.

"What was your reaction when you first saw him here?"

Serenity gulps harshly. "I don't know. I don't think I should be here." She wants to leave.

Taehyung squeezes his friends' shoulder with a sad smile. "You're just avoiding him, don't."

He speaks again. "I'm glad you sent the letter because now we can get back what we once had." He smiles widely.

"Exactly. Thank you."

Taehyung stands up, pushing his hands into the pockets of his trousers. "Promise me this isn't the last time I'll see you."

Serenity stands up too, feeling short in front of him and she loves how he's smiling a peaceful smile where his cheekbones raise, his teeth on display. "Nah, you're stuck with me again now." She pats his shoulder laughing. "But for now, I'm leaving your grand party."

"At least stay for the cake."

"Fine."

//

Serenity doesn't regret staying for the cake reveal because the cake coated with icing and candy, looks delicious but what Serenity can't keep her eyes off is Taehyung and his husband standing behind Elijah.

Dignified smiles plastered on their faces, all matching, makes her heart fill with affection. This is what she wants one day.

Everyone sings happy birthday and the sound of a rhythmic clap is heard throughout the hall.

Elijah blows out his six candles and turns around to wrap each arm around his dads- their happiness transmitting off all three of them. Serenity sees nothing but beauty in their special moment. She's sure she's not the only one as everyone starts to clap.

She keeps her gaze focused on Elijah who starts to cut the cake with a knife that's too big until Serenity looks up, her distracted gaze becoming focused elsewhere.

Serenity meets a familiar pair of eyes looking back at her.

She feels faint, dizzy, disordered and-

He's still beautiful.

So, fucking beautiful.

Jungkook stands across from her with his arms on either side of his soaring, lean body, frozen into a posture filled with anxiousness and his chest is moving up and down- just like hers. His frame fits perfectly into a black blazer, a messy unbuttoned blouse tucked into his slender trousers that show off his long legs. His hair is much darker, laying messily on his head as if he's run his hands through it several times. His nerves are evident as he plays with the rings on his fingers, biting his lip as his eyes widen.

Eyes that still hold the galaxy, the biggest stars in the entire cosmos, swirls of amber with darkness anyone could have faith in. Eyes that she used to fall asleep to with a soft smile, wake up to, smile at, cry at with guilt. She could always tell what he was feeling because of his eyes. But at this moment, she can't tell.

They widen at the sight of her and she takes a moment for her own eyes to skim across his facial features. The hoops in his ears, his prominent jawline that her fingers once danced along, his cheekbones, his glorious skin and his lips-

The moment of Jungkook and Serenity is interrupted when a few people block the view.

But when they move away, Jungkook is no longer there.

The night leaves Serenity with tearful eyes as she drives home- nostalgia suffocating her.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.2M 51.3K 114
From Letters to my bias to Letters to my boyfriend. Contains; Letters, some full chapters, messages. || BOOK 2 OF 'Letters To My Bias' || Read book 1...
5.4K 248 35
book of texts and imagines between bts and you, with different scenarios ✨⚘ -REQUESTS OPEN- ENJOY~!
449K 15.5K 85
ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀ : ɪᴍ ᴘʀᴇɢɴᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ : ɪᴍ ɢᴀʏ | sʜᴏʀᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀs |
294 16 13
-- "I just wish I didn't have to get hit with a freaking bouquet just to realize that I've liked you all this time..." A romance that hits you in the...