Kaun Kiska ✔️

By Veedeeann

A comparison of two relationships- one blossoming, the other decaying. One which starts with a compromise but... More

one: Endings And Beginnings
two: Promises Broken Promises Made
three: Schemer
four: Lovers
six: Eat, Dance, Love
seven: Champagne Tastes
eight: Sexual Healing
nine: How to Cure a Hangover
ten: Mothers and Fathers
eleven: Nuptials
twelve: We Are Family
thirteen: Deal or No Deal
fourteen: Ever After

five: Dusk and Dawn

5.7K 212 31
By Veedeeann

Shagun's Plan
Neel, Raman and Mihir stared in disbelief at Shagun. They were all sitting in Neels office, where Raman and Mihir had taken Shagun at her insistence.

It was the morning after the infamous aborted wedding. Raman had called Neel from home and had filled him in on what had transpired, asking him to draft a shared custody agreement. However, the details of Shaguns plan to force Ashok to marry her had not been known to any of them until this moment.

"Shagun" Mihir was the first to break the silence. "So you are telling us that Ashok's businesses have been operating illegally. Tum yeh sab jaanti thi toh phir chup kaise rah sakti thi" (If you knew all this, then how could you have stayed quiet? )

"On come on Mihir. Tum toh apni uss mangetar se bhi zyaada naive ho" Shagun sneered at her brother, flicking an imaginary speck of dust off her designer chiffon sari with a manicured bejewelled finger. "Business mein yeh sab hota hi rehta hai. Lekin kabhi kisi ke khilaf saboot nahi milta, aur kuch nahi hota. Magar mujhe in sari baaton ki khabar hai kyunki Ashok mujhe apne client meetings aur parties mein saath le kar jaata tha. Unke clients ko mein bahut pasand hoon, aur mein ne subkuch dekha aur suna hai." (Oh come on Mihir. You're more naive then that fiancée of yours. All of this goes on in business all the time, but there is never any proof against anyone. But I know about all this because Ashok liked to take me to parties, and meetings with his clients. His clients liked having me around, and I have seen and heard everything)

Raman could not hide the distaste and disgust that he felt.

After all, he had been married to this woman once, had children with her. To hear her speak of how her boyfriend virtually pimped her for business deals was unbearable to him. He felt a deep sadness at what the pretty girl he had married had turned into, at what her thwarted ambitions and greed had transformed her into.

Neel had recovered from the blow that Shaguns revelations had caused and was now speaking quietly to them.

"Shagunji, aap jo keh rahi hai, woh sab toh theek hai, lekin uski koi documentary proof hai kya? Agar proof nahi hai, toh jo aap chahti hai, ki mein ek letter draft karoon Companies Regulatory Authority aur CBI ke paas, jisko dikha kar aap Ashok Khanna ko shaadi ke liye razamand karogi, woh safal nahi hoga."
(Shagunji, what you are saying is all fine, but do you have any documentary proof? If you don't have proof then what you asking for, that I draft a letter to time Companies Regulatory Authority and the CBI, which you can show to scare Ashok Khanna into marrying you, well, that won't really work)

"Sirf draft letters nahi, mujhe ek Pre-nuptial agreement bhi chahiye, remember?" Shagun told Neel firmly, ignoring the look of incredulous disgust on Raman's face. "Agar Ashok ne mujhe divorce karna chaha, toh usko ten crore dene padega mujhe. Aur usko Adi ko apna legal heir banana hoga"
(Not just draft letters, I want a pre-nuptial agreement too, remember? If Ashok tries to divorce me, he will have to pay me ten crore rupees. And he needs to make Adi his legal heir)

"No" Raman spoke up for the first time. "I don't want my son mentioned in this dirty deal.You just sign this shared custody agreement, Shagun, before I change my mind and ask for full custody."

Raman thought back to earlier that day when he had arrived to pick up Shagun and Mihir from Mihir's house. He had not missed the way in which his son had clung to his mother, or the gentleness with which she had removed his hands and handed him over to Mihika. Yes, Shaguns first priority was always Shagun, but Adi was a close second. Certainly she loved him as much as she could love another human being. And taking Adi away from Shagun completely, even though he was sorely tempted to do so right now, would not be in his son's best interests.

Shagun glared at Raman, ready to argue her case, but the look on his face forced her into silence. She needed Raman's help right now, so antagonizing him was not smart, and besides, securing Adi's future was something that she could negotiate with Ashok later.

"Ok, leave that out" she told Neel. "Aur jahan saboot ki baat hai, toh haan- mere paas ek locker box mein Ashok ki kai illegal deals ki paperwork hai. I know how to protect my interests and Ashok was very careless in leaving his papers around. Meri phone par in documents ki samples hai, mein abhi tumhare paas email karti hoon."
(Ok, leave that out. As far as proof is concerned, then yes, I have a locker box full of paperwork which detail Ashok's illegal deals. I know how to protect my interests and Ashok was very careless in leaving his papers around. I have some sample documents in my phone, I'll email them to you now)

"You seem to have thought of everything Shagunji" Neel's voice had a begrudging admiration to it. "I'll prepare the papers now, and ask Ashok Khanna to a meeting tonight. Say at 7.00pm, at the Oberoi. If you will come here at 6.00, we can finalise everything and go to the Oberoi from here."

Raman had been waiting for Shagun to finish telling Neel about her plan to entrap Ashok, so that he could return to the issue of Adi's custody.

"Shagun" he now said impatiently. "Sign the custody agreement "

Shagun looked at Raman in distate before she grabbed the document being proferred by Neel, and signed on the dotted line. He was distracting her by bringing in this custody drama about Adi, she fumed to herself, when what she really needed to do today was to focus on how to consolidate her position in Ashok's life. Anyway, this shared custody was no big deal. Adi would always do her bidding in any event, whether he stayed with Raman a few days each week made no difference in the long run.

She handed the signed agreement back to Neel. " You need to keep this with you, Neel. This only comes in effect when I get married to Ashok. Raman has promised. "

Raman looked with deep satisfaction at the agreement. Finally, he could begin to repair his relationship with his son. There was just one hurdle to overcome now - to get his ex-wife's absconding fiance to agree to marry her.

He grinned wryly at the irony of the situation - to think that there had been a day when he had pleaded with this woman not to leave him, and now he couldn't wait for her to marry the man she had left him, Raman Bhalla for. He shook his head in wonderment at the change that time and his madrassan had brought, and glanced at his watch. There were hours to go until 6.00, and he could think of only one person he wanted to spend those hours with.

He stood up abruptly. "Mihir, tum Shagun ko drop kar aur office chale jao. I will meet you there later" (Mihir, you drop Shagun and go to the office. I will meet you there later)

"Saturday hai Bhai. Kya office? Lekin aap kahan ja rahe ho Bhai?" (It's Saturday bhai, what office? But where are you going, bhai?)

"Kuch zaroori kaam hai mujhe" (I have something important to do) he said, striding out of the room without a backward glance.

Interlude
Ishita sat at her desk twirling her pen.

She was excited about Adi coming to live with them. More so because she knew how happy it would make Raman to regularly spend time with his son, to share in the mundane day to day activities of life with him, to influence his thinking and try to undo the years of damage that life with Shagun and Ashok had caused to him.

But truth be told, she was apprehensive too.

She knew that with Adi's entry into their home, the entire dynamics of their family would change. Raman's overwhelming guilt about Adi, Adi's misguided hatred for her, Ruhi's insecurities, Raman and her newly expressed feelings for each other, and above all these, the sceptre of Shagun and Raman's past affecting their current lives.

No, it would not be easy, but basking in the glow of Raman's love, she knew that they would be able to make it happen, that they would find a way to make things work.

Having reassured herself, Ishita applied herself to the paperwork which had brought her to the office this afternoon. Simmi had taken Ruhi and Ananya on a play date to Shravu's house, and with Raman away, the house had seemed unbearably lonely.

She did not want to discuss Shagun with either Mummyji or Amma, and certainly not with Mihika, who seemed completely enamoured by her sister in law to be. So the office was her escape, and while here, she could also look at some designs for redesigning Ruhi's room, which she would now share with Aditya whenever he stayed at the Bhalla residence.

The redesign was much more interesting than updating her patient records, and she was soon engrossed at her computer, searching for design ideas, printing out samples and calling up furniture shops. She was busy on a call when a knock sounded on the door to her office.

"Come in" she said without looking up, thinking it was the receptionist.

"Yes" she continued speaking on the telephone "I'm looking at your website right now, is that white study table and chair set available? ..... Oh, how long will it take to order? One month?? Alright, okay, I'll let you know."

She put down the phone in disappointment then gasped as her chair was swirled around and a pair of strong arms engulfed her, pulling her up into a bear hug.

"Raman" she exclaimed, snuggling into his chest, her arms snaking around his waist."Aap yahan kya kar rahe hain?" (What are you doing here?)

"I missed you" he told her.

Ishita's arms tightened around her husbands waist and she snuggled closer to him. "Kuch der pehle hi toh gaye theh aap ghar se" ( You only went from the house a little while back)

"Two hours fifty five minutes and ... Thirty seconds" he smiled, glancing at his watch.

Ishita threw her head back and laughed, then gasped again as he took the opportunity to cover her lips with his, his hands gently caressing her cheeks. She kissed him back before shyly breaking away, nestling her face against his chest again.

"Kya kar rahi thi?" (What were you doing?) He asked, gently kneading her back.

She smiled in satisfaction as his hands continued their kneading and whispered "Thoda upar, please"

"Accha, Madam, pati se free massage karana hai kya?" (I see madam, you want to get a free massage from your husband) There was laughter in his voice as he obliged her wish, turning her around so that he stood behind her and then expertly massaging her back as she leant forward over her desk, enjoying the pampering.

"Yeh sab kya hai" ( What is all this?) his eyes were as busy as his hands, darting over the printouts of room decorations on her desk, the vibrant colours catching his attention.

"Aap ne kaha tha na ki Adi ab hamare saath rahega, hafte mein teen din. Toh mein soch rahi thi ki hum Ruhi ki room redecorate karte hai, dono saath share karenge, aur Adi ko lagna chahiye na ki hamara ghar uska ghar bhi hai aur.." ( You said that Adi would stay with us, three days each week. So I thought that we should redecorate Ruhi's room, they can both share and Adi should feel that our home is also his home and...)

She stopped, realising that he had ceased his ministrations and moved away from her. She walked to him and then stared in shock at the tears that were running down his face.

"Raman, kya hua " she asked urgently, grabbing his hand, her other hand caressing his face. "Mein ne kuch galat kiya kya? I'm sorry.." (Raman, what's wrong? Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry....)

He grabbed her to him, crushing her in a tight embrace. His voice was muffled against her hair "No , no sweetheart tum ne kuch galat nahi kiya. Yeh to khushi ke... Kitna sochti ho tum Adi ke liye Ishita, I'm so lucky ki tum meri zindagi mein... how did I get so lucky?"
(No, no sweetheart you didn't do anything wrong. These are tears of joy... you think so much about what Adi needs Ishita, I'm so lucky that you came into my life...how did I get so lucky?)

"Raman" she whispered, returning his hug, hoping that the immense love she felt for him was being transmitted to him, that he could feel the admiration, the respect she had for him.

"After what Adi did to you, Ishita, tum phir bhi uski itna khayal kar rahi ho?" His face was still lost in her hair, he held her as though he would draw the very essence of her into himself. ( After What Adi did to you Ishita, you're still taking such good care of his needs)

"Lekin Raman, Adi to hamara beta hai na, mein uska khayal nahi rakhoongi, toh kaun rakhega." (But Raman, Adi is our son. If I don't look after his needs, then who will?)

He broke down in her arms then, letting his tears fall unabashedly, secure and confident enough in her love to let her witness his vulnerability.

She held him close until he lifted his face to her once again, smiling through his tears. "Dekho Jhansi Ki Rani, rula rahi ho mujhe." (Look my warrior queen is making me cry)

"Lekin aap roh kyun rahe hai?" She asked him softly, smiling back through the veil of her own tears. "Mujhe na, yeh Nirupa Roy nahi, mujhe mera akdhu Raavan zyaada acha lagta hai" (But Why are you crying? I don't like this tragedy queen. I prefer my rude and arrogant Raavan)

He chuckled and then sobered up again. "Thank you biwi . Aaj tumhara akdhu Raavan sab kuch theek kar ke hi ghar laute ga. Intezaar karogi na mera?" (Thank you jaan. Your rude Raavan will fix everything before he comes home tonight. You will wait up for me won't you?)

She leant into him and softly kissed the tears on his cheeks. "Mere intezaar ke liye kya milega mujhe?" (What's my reward for waiting?) she whispered cheekily to him.

"Me" he replied."Tumhaara Raavan" (Me, your Raavan)

Meeting Ashok
It was now 8.00pm.

Raman, Mihir and Neel were in a boardroom at the Oberoi with Shagun.

"Shagun are you sure you want to do this?" Mihir asked for the second time.

"Mihir, I know what I'm doing. Leave me alone" Shagun said impatiently, pacing up and down her translucent blue chiffon sari billowing around her svelte figure.

Raman stood up impatiently, irritated at Shagun's behaviour with Mihir. "Why the hell are we wasting our time here?" He snarled. "Let's go Mihir"

"Bhai please .." Mihir said soothingly as Neel also laid a placating hand on Ramans shoulder. "Raman Bhai" Neel chimed in. "If Ashok sees you here, he will know that Shagun has support, that she means business, so please stay around."

A knock on the door interrupted them. Ashok strode in, accompanied by Suraj and Param. He stopped short as he saw Raman and Mihir.

"Well" he drawled, walking up to Neel. "Tum ne mujhe yahan bulaya hai, ab bolo kya baat karni hai?" ( Well, you called me here, now tell me what you want to talk about)

"Thank you for coming Mr Khanna" Neel was polite, but cool. "My client, Ms Shagun Arora, has a proposal that she wold like to put to you."

"Proposal?" Ashok lifted an eyebrow and sneered, while his two side kicks chuckled beside him. "Mein ne toh keh diya mujhe isse shaadi nahi karni hai, toh proposal kaisi?" (I've told her I don't want to marry her, so what is this proposal?)

"Woh mein batati hoon Ashok" (I'll tell you that Ashok) Shagun spoke up for the first time since Ashok's entry."But are you sure that you want your chamcha Param to hear this? Or even Suraj?"

"Kyon?" Ashok sneered again. "Jab tumhara ex-husband aur us ka chamcha yahan sun rahe hai, toh Param aur Suraj kyon nahi?" (Why? When your ex husband and his side kick are here listening, then why not Param and Suraj?)

"Mein ne Raman aur Mihir ko abhi tak yeh nahi bataya ki is me..." Shagun brandished an envelope towards Ashok "...kya hai. Lekin agar tum ne aaj meri baat nahi suni, toh Raman kya, bahut saare log yeh jaan jayenge. The choice is yours, I just thought ki tum apne is naukar ko apne secrets batana pasand nahi karoge."
( I haven't told Raman and Mihir yet just what is in this. But if you don't do as I say today, then not just Raman, a lot of people will get to know what is in here. The choice is yours, I just thought you wouldn't want to tell your secrets to your servant.)

"Kya hai isme Shagun?" (What is in this Shagun?) Ashok suddenly looked a tad nervous before the unmistakeable confidence in Shaguns eyes.

"Mr Khanna, meri client ki proposal yeh hai ki agar aap nahi chahte ki us envelope mein joh information hai woh public jo jaaye, toh aap saat dinon mein uss se shaadi karenge, sab ke saamne, aur is prenuptial agreement par sign karna hoga" Neel now joined into the conversation.
(Mr Khanna, my clients proposal is that if you don't want what is in this envelope to become public, then you will marry her in seven days, in a very public ceremony, and you will sign this prenuptial agreement.)

Ashok grabbed the pre-nuptial agreement, his face settling into a frown as he read through it.

"Why the hell would I agree to this?" He snarled at Shagun. In response, she handed him the thick envelope she held. "Padh lo" (Read it) she sneered at her estranged lover.

Ashok grabbed the envelope from Shagun - he tore open the flap and took out the contents, his face growing a deeper red, convoluted with rage, as he proceeded to go through the papers he took out.

"You bloody bitch" he yelled at Shagun, lunging at her even as Mihir pushed him back and Raman stood in front of Shagun, a smile escaping his face. He wondered for a fleeting second just what information Shagun had on Ashok, but truth be told, he was not interested in Ashok's dirty deals, and he did not want to be more involved in this sordid deal than he had to be. What he wanted was for Shagun to marry Ashok, for his son to start coming home to him and Ishita and for his new life to begin in earnest without the never ending dramas of Shagun and her boyfriend.

Ashok had moved back now, his face still distorted in rage. "Param, Suraj, wait outside" he barked.

"Lekin Ashok" (But Ashok...) Suraj began, then shutting up at the look on Ashok's face, he followed the retreating Param outside, his mouth grim with restrained fury.

"In kutto ko bhi bahar nikal" Ashok snarled at Shagun. (Get these dogs out too)

Raman chuckled and sat down on the board table, crossing his legs leisurely. "Tu humse baat kar raha hai kameena? He asked pleasantly. "Kyon Mihir, what do you think, yeh humko kya keh raha hai?" (Are you talking to us, you bastard? Why Mihir, what do you think? What is he saying about us?)

"Shagun, I swear" Ashok's voice was riding hysterically. "Agar tum ne inko yeh dikhaya hai toh" (Shagun, I swear, if you show these papers to them, I ...)

"Abhi tak nahi Ashok. You know I love you baby, I had to do this kyunki tum us Suraj ki baaton me aa kar hamaare pyar ko bhul gaye. Mein kisi ko kuch nahi batana chahti hoon Ashok, kyunki tum jail chale gaye toh isme mera kya fayda? Mujhe toh sirf tumse shaadi karne se matlab hai. Mein ne sirf Neel ko bataya, aur woh toh mera lawyer hai, woh kuch nahi kar sakta. Toh, kya ab hum Shaadi kar rahe hai?" (Not yet Ashok. You know I love you baby, I had to do this because you came under Suraj's influence and forgot our love. I don't want to tell anyone anything Ashok because what do I get if you go to jail. I just want to marry you. Only Neel knows what's in the envelope and he is my lawyer, he can't reveal anything. Now, when are we getting married?)

"Give me that Agreement" Ashok grabbed the document again from Neel and went through it quickly.

"Ten crore alimony" he shouted.

"But baby, that's only if you divorce me. But you won't, will you?"

Ashok glared at Shagun, but a defeated look had come into his eyes.

'Sirf tum mujhe meri ghutno pe laa sakti ho' (Only you can bring me to my knees) he had told Shagun when he had mock proposed to her at their cocktail party. And she had indeed brought him to his knees.

He hated giving in to her demands, hated letting her have the upper hand, but he had no choice. The information she held could destroy him, destroy his career, and she knew it, damn her. No, he would have to marry her now, but he would find a way to get even, he would find a way to destroy her one day.

"No, Yes" he snarled. "No, I won't divorce you, and yes, I will marry you."

Shagun gave a laugh of triumph and threw herself at Ashok as Raman uncoiled himself from his seat on the table.

"Acha Bhai" he drawled at Mihir as he headed to the door. "Ram milaye jodi, ab Raavan chala apne ghar"
(Let's go bro. May God bless this pairing. Now Raavan is going home)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 61 14
You will be dexter's sister y/n Your brother dexter got into some trouble and you met a boy named Ed on the way and found out y'all had so much in co...
29.6K 2K 32
what happens when u get recarniated,what happens if u find the person whom u are engaged after ur rebirth is the person who killed u in ur past life ...
785K 29.3K 104
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
293K 8.7K 95
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...