I'm The White Wolf

By shruthii

"Everett" I called him when he paused in his tracks. I looked around and realized that we were right in the m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
EPILOGUE

Chapter 4

72.7K 2.3K 249
By shruthii

Here is chapter four which is dedicated to @ HelenGraul :)

Pic on the side is of>>>

****

“Life's under no obligation to give us what we expect.” 
― Margaret Mitchell

EVERETT P.O.V

Once the guards gave permission, I drove into the Whitefield Pack territory. I have never been to this pack; however Waterwave pack wolves were in good neighborhood relationship with this pack. Though not as good as with Myron’s pack.

It was almost close to nine and I didn’t want to waste my time sweet-talking with Sebastian. The guards led the way to Sebastian’s house and I followed after them. I looked at the rearview mirror and sure enough Terence’s BMW was behind me.

Once we reached the pack house, I stopped my car and climbed out. I wanted to finish this as soon as possible.

There were around six to seven guys standing in the entrance and I didn’t know who Sebastian was. As soon as those guys spotted me, they started making their way towards me. Their stance proved that they were all fighters of this pack.

“Everett Green?” A short, blonde haired guy stepped forward and I nodded. “Sebastian” he said extending his hand and my eyes widened in surprise.

‘Don’t stare’ January spat in my head.

It was difficult for me not to stare because Sebastian barely reached my shoulders. He was short, I suppose shorter than Templar too. Though Sebastian looked elder than me, he was short than any other Alpha I have seen before.

I cleared my throat and shook my head. “Everett Green” I said and then looked at Terence, who was staring at his own feet, to hide his grin. January elbowed her mate and he looked up.

“The she-wolf’s mate?” Sebastian asked me and I nodded fiercely. “We did try to stop her, but she was not only fast but powerful too” he said furrowing his brows. “If you don’t mind me asking, what is she?” he asked me and I growled furiously.

“She is my mate and the Luna of Waterwave Pack. That’s all” I spat.

“She is incredibly strong for a she-wolf” Sebastian muttered by a growl.

“She is an Alpha Blood. Of course she is strong” I hissed. After some seconds, I asked him the most dreaded question, “Did she kill anyone from your pack?” I queried, holding my breath.

“No” he said and I let out that breath. She hadn’t killed anyone from Waterwave pack either but attacked everyone.

“But she attacked everyone who tried to stop her and needless to say, all started fearing her” he said and I didn’t bother saying anything to that. “So it is true? She was the Alpha ever since Waterwave pack got freed?” he asked me and I gritted my teeth. January and Terence growled standing beside me.

“Yes. She was.” I replied and he smiled.

“Why lie to other packs then?” Sebastian asked with a smirk.

“Because she didn’t want lewd wolves coming after her for her title” Jan said casually and I tried my best to hide my smirk. Everyone from Sebastian’s pack growled and I stiffened. I seriously didn’t want to waste my time fighting Lilliput’s.

“Now if you are done with your twenty questions, can we pass your territory without your wolves interrupting us” I said and Sebastian growled.

“Sure. But control that mate of yours. She is…” I cocked an eyebrow as he hesitated to find a right word to describe Templar. “Volatile” he said after few seconds.

I growled and was about to take a step towards him, but Terence held my arms.

“It is true” Sebastian stated, his eyes turning dark, making me aware of the Alpha Blood in him. “She took down five of my fighters within minutes, killed around seven rogues before any of my pack members could touch them and forced the rest of my pack members to surrender. A normal she-wolf cannot do that.” he said firmly.

I curled my fingers to form a tight fist. I wanted to break the prying nose of that Lilliput.

“An Alpha Blood too cannot compel other pack wolves to surrender like that. So tell me what is she? Is she even a wolf because she didn’t shift throughout the fight.” he said, and I took a deep breath.

“She is my mate and comes from a family which has been Alpha’s for generations” I lied smoothly. “It’s no surprise for me and it clearly shouldn’t be a surprise to you” I said in a nonchalant way. Sebastian was trying to bait me and compel me to tell the truth, but I refused to take the bait.

I will never reveal to any other pack members that Templar is a white wolf.

“I do not understand what’s so new in this. If your fighters got defeated by a she-wolf then, all I can suggest is that you personally train them.” I said with a smirk.

“Glass houses” was all Sebastian said and it wiped the smirk from my face. I was about to lunge at this Lilliput when Terence stopped me.

‘Don’t waste your time on this’ he said in my mind. I stepped back and threw a nasty glare to Sebastian before getting inside my car.

Fucker!

“All I want to ask is- is my sister still in this pack or did she cross your territory?” Terence asked Sebastian while I held the steering wheel in a tight grip.

“She crossed the territory” Sebastian said and my knuckles started turning white. “Before an hour or so. Injured my guards” he stated with a growl.

That was it!

I pulled out a stash of note from my duffle bag and threw it at Sebastian. “That should cover all the damages” I muttered and then started driving.

I drove ignoring the scenery around. Waterwave pack was located in the coastline of the country, just like Greenrock. But Whitefield and BlackRaven were packs, which had lots of hills and mountains. The roads were curvy and I had to take too many twists and turns. Since Templar ran through the woods, it was much easier for her to cross this territory.

Around ten thirty, when I was still driving through the territories of Whitefield, I got a call from Keith.

“Yes” I answered.

“She crossed Whitefield but has not been spotted in BlackRaven, yet” he said and I frowned.

“What about the neigbours? Gold-dust?” I asked him.

“Not yet” he said and I sighed. “Also, Cam woke up” he added.

“Is he fine?” I questioned.

“Yes.” He replied.

“Alright” I said and cut the call. It would take me another hour to reach the outskirts of Whitefield, by then I am sure Keith will be informed about Templar’s movements.

‘Hey Terence, did the Lilliput tell you where Templar had gone?’ I asked him.

‘The guards got knocked down before that’

‘What?’ I snapped with a frown.

‘His pack wolves are useless. The pack had been attacked, yet there was no extra measure to increase security. It’s no surprise that the rogues chose this pack and honestly, if Tem hadn’t fought those rogues then few of their pack wolves might have been killed today.’ Jan said crossly.

‘Did the Alpha keep questioning about Templar after I left?’ I asked her.

‘He wanted to know why her eyes are red?’

‘And?’

‘I said she drinks love potion’ January grumbled and I chuckled. ‘He got annoyed and refused to show us the short-cut to get out of his territory. Asshole! I lost count of the number of times Templar had sent pack wolves to protect his pack and this is how the bastard repays’ she spat furiously.

I rumbled at that. Instead of helping us, Sebastian kept lamenting about his own problems.

‘It’s because of him we are in this problem in the first place. If only he had paid a little attention to Myron’s words’ she said through clenched teeth.

January was right about that. Sebastian had been informed in advance about the rogues, yet he didn’t take any action.

My wolf growled and wanted to be let out so that he could attack that Lilliput.

‘Who made him the Alpha?’ Terence queried in irritation.

‘Got the title because he shared the same blood as his daddy’

‘And you hate his daddy because?’ Terence asked her.

‘He didn’t offer us any help when Igor and Glen threw us to dungeon’ she replied in a whisper.

I shook my head in disgust. Like father, like son. How can such useless wolves lead a whole pack?

I didn’t know what else specimens I had to see on the way.

‘Hey January, does anyone else from the pack know about the short-cut?’ I asked her.

‘No. I don’t think so. We rarely travel anywhere through this pack route’ was her reply and I sighed.

Another dead-end!

Suddenly the BMW following me stopped and I turned to look back in confusion. Both January and Terence climbed out and exchanged seats. I smiled softly and looked ahead.

At least they had each other.

At eleven that night, I got another call from Keith. “No information” he said as soon as I picked the call. “I called both the Alpha’s but none of their trackers spotted her.” he added and I brought my car to an abrupt halt.

“What the fuck?” I growled.

“Did you ask the Whitefield guards?”

“They refused to help us”

“What?” Keith roared. “That midget refused to help us?” he said and I would have smirked had I not been furious at Sebastian now. “He turned out to be just like his useless father” Keith said in revulsion.

“Anyway, you will be lucky if Templar goes through BlackRaven”

“Why?”

“Grant is good and helpful. The BlackRaven’s have been friendly with the Waterwave pack for nearly six decades. Runs longer than the friendship we share with Firelight” he said and I was surprised to hear that information.

“He better help us” I mumbled and started driving again.

“Oh! He will. Grant’s pack consists some really bad-ass fighters” Keith said and I frowned. “They might be able to stop Templar” Keith added.

“I hope they do” I muttered lowly. “What about Gold-dust?” I asked him. These packs were all North and much far from Greenrock, hence I rare… actually, never associated with these Alphas’s.

“Not that friendly. But we have been through that pack when Glen had kept Goddess’s ear and a piece of head there”

“How are the pack wolves?” I queried.

“Okay… Your former pack wolves were comparatively stronger” Keith answered with a chuckle and I growled loudly. How dare he? Even though, I left Greenrock, that doesn’t mean I can stop caring about the pack wolves from that pack. I was born in that pack and brought up to lead them.

“Relax! I was kidding” he said through the other side. I was glad Keith was on the other side. I would have strangled him if he had been right in front of me. “But yes! The fighters aren’t that strong. I swear half the jewels of their pack temple have been stolen by the rogues.”

“Assign special guards for the temple. The rogues tried to attack the temple” I ordered.

“Sure will” he said calmly. “Like I was saying, the Alpha, Brandon, doesn’t owe anything to our pack, but if he refuses to help, then kill him” Keith snarled cruelly.

“With pleasure” I sneered.

There was silence for few seconds, before Keith spoke lowly. “I pray to Goddess that Templar doesn’t go through Gold-dust”

“Why?” I asked muddled.

“The pack after Gold-dust is Bluebells” he said with a growl and once again, I brought my car to a halt.

“Did you just say Bluebells?” I asked slowly and warily, while also trying to keep my temper in check.

“So, you too weren’t friendly with the Bluebells?” he asked with interest.

“Who can be friendly with that lecherous bastard’s pack?” I all but shouted on the phone.

Alpha Reece Burdock, of the Bluebells pack is a notorious womanizer and girls from that pack often left his pack, to join other packs. He abuses his Alpha power and his pack had to bear the brunt of that. “Molly belonged to that pack before she joined mine” I said and Keith growled.

“Molly? Our Ben’s mate?” Keith asked and I growled in affirmation.

“When Reece’s eyes fell on her, she left the pack along with her parents and joined Greenrock” I said. “That bastard treats woman from his pack like dirt and I wonder why they even bother staying there.”

“His pack wolves are too much of a coward to fight against him. I really hope Templar does not step into that land” Keith murmured.

I growled out loud and my wolf scratched inside me wanting to be let out. “I will tear that bastard apart if he touches what’s mine” I swore savagely.

“Templar will not let him” Keith asserted and I breathed deeply. “Did you feel anything through the bond?” he enquired.

“No. She is fine, wherever she is and that is the only thing keeping me stable right now” I mumbled lowly.

“You will find her” Keith assured. With a yes, I cut the call.

I was driving when I noticed that I had fuel shortage. I suppressed a groan as I saw that.

‘Terence, you have extra fuel?’ I asked through the link.

‘No’ came his instant reply and I closed my eyes shut.

‘There is a town three kilometers from here’ January replied quietly. ‘Take…. The second left turn’ she said and I sighed.

Thirty minutes later, we finally found a petrol bank.

I quickly got out of my car and climbed out, desperately wanting to stretch my limbs after being cooped up inside the car for so long. As the guy over there filled oil, I stared ahead lost in my thoughts.

I couldn’t stop thinking about Templar. I didn’t know where she was and what she was doing and I hated it. Ever since we got married, we have been closer than we were before but losing that closeness, made me feel like I lost a part of myself. It made me feel incomplete and truly, my life was, is and will be incomplete without her in it.

When the guy there started filling up the tank, Terence and January walked towards me. I looked at January who looked sleepy and she was yawning repeatedly.

“You guys rest here if you want to” I said to Terence and he frowned at me. “She looks sleepy” I told him pointing at Jan.

“I’m fine” she muttered crossing her arms against her chest.

“I think we all need to take rest. We have been driving for nearly five hours” Terence muttered and I shook my head.

“I cannot. Knowing Templar is out there, I cannot rest” I said in disapproval.

“If you don’t rest now. You will not be able to drive tomorrow” Terence said with a growl and I growled loudly. The guy in the petrol bank stared at us curiously.

“He is right” January mumbled sleepily. “This town directly connects us to BlackRaven pack. If we are informed about Templar’s movements, then we can reach there easily. So, it’s better we rest now” she said and then climbed inside the car.

I frowned at her retreating figure. “Rett, you looked like you passed through a storm and though the present situation is similar to that, I still suggest you to take some rest. At least for an hour. Sooner or later, you will get tired and it is better to stop in a place like this then somewhere in the middle of the woods” he said and I gnashed my teeth.

It was true. The tiredness of the day was finally getting to me. I had woken up at five in the morning today because I had to leave for Greenrock and then I had to fight against Allan and now driving for nearly five hours was a strain on my eyes as well as the muscles.

“Fine” I said and Terence nodded.

Climbing into the backseat of my own SUV, I leaned back and closed my eyes. As soon as I closed my eyes, her face popped in my mind. I recalled her brown eyes which were sad when she drove me to the airport, the kiss she gave me just before I left, and the small smile she flashed when I turned to look at her.

 “Templar” I whispered before drifting off to sleep.

When I woke up again, it was only from the buzz of my cellphone. Rubbing my eyes, I checked my watch and frowned when I saw that it was close to five in the morning. Since when did sleeping for an hour turned to be sleeping for four hours?

The first thing I did was connect to Templar and once again there was no response from the link. The bond was strong as ever and I let out a breath of relief.

I then picked up my phone and groaned when I realized it was my alarm that I had kept yesterday morning. Frowning, I quickly climbed out of my car and marched towards the restroom near the petrol bank.

After refreshing, I returned to find Terence and January already awake.

I sat in the passenger seat and waited for them to return. My wolf whined softly, missing his mate and I clenched my fists. All I want to do is kill the person responsible for causing this. I will chop inch after inch of the person responsible.

January was the first one to come out. She was tying her hair up as she was marching towards me.

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths to calm myself while my wolf was repeatedly urging me to shift. He wanted to run and search for her but it was useless because 1. I would eventually get tired, 2. Without Templar’s scent, I wouldn’t know which way to go because this was other pack territory and 3. I cannot connect to Keith who has been giving me updates about Templar’s movements through cellphone.

“Did you receive any call?” she asked me and I shook my head. “So there is a possibility of her going either to BlackRaven or Gold-dust right?” she enquired and I merely nodded. “I seriously wish Templar would choose BlackRaven” she mumbled.

“Same here” I mumbled lowly.

“Are you alright?” January asked furrowing her brows.

“I am fine” I muttered and gulped.

“Hey, Everett, listen to me” January snapped and I turned to look at her. I suppose this was the first time she was calling me by my name. “I didn’t think you would give up so easily” she growled and I growled louder than her.

“I am not giving up, do you understand? I will never give up. Right now, all I want to do is hunt down those fucking rogues responsible for this” I spat furiously.

“Good. Don’t give up because if you do, then I will have to kill you” she said smoothly with a smirk and I frowned at her.

“I think you are the one who is going to give up first” I snapped and she glared at me. “After all, last night, you were the one who was begging for a place to rest”

“I did not beg and I was tired of driving for long hours” she said in outrage.

“At least you had Terence to swap places with you” I bellowed and Jan flinched. Her eyes softened for a minute and she looked away.

“Hey, cut it down you two” Terence growled walking towards us.

“We are going to find Tem” she whispered looking away. I closed my eyes and looked away. I did not want to vent my anger at her. She wasn’t the reason Templar wasn’t here with me.

“Sorry” I muttered taking a deep breath and Jan nodded.

“You already woke the manager up. Now let’s go before he asks us to leave” Terence said holding January’s arm and dragging her away.

 “Where are we going exactly? We don’t know where Tem is. We have to wait for Keith’s call because the other option is mindlessly travelling in this hilly terrain.” Jan said irritably when I was just about to close the driver’s door. I stopped in my action as a particular word bagged my attention.

“We can’t just sit here and do nothing, can we?” Terence asked her and I quickly climbed out of the car.

“January” I called and both turned to face me. “You have been to BlackRaven as well as Gold-dust before right?” I queried and she nodded in bewilderment.

“What’s happened?” Terence asked just as confused as January.

“Which pack had natural water resources in it?” I asked and January’s eyes widened.

“Fuck” Terence whispered as he figured it out.

“I-It’s BlackRaven. The packs on the coastal area, just like ours” she said.

“That means, Templar will be in Gold-dust” I said and then turned to climb inside my car. I quickly started driving and soon the BMW was following my SUV.

The rogues plan was to take Templar far away from the water resources because if there is any natural water resources close by, Templar’s wolf will automatically get attracted to it and would immediately want to go there. Once she is in water, it will be minutes before her wolf calms down and she will return to her normal self, but these rogues were smart because they were making her go through the packs which did not have any water resources.

I tried to think of the next pack which was the Bluebells. It did have a river but it was close to human habitation and I doubt the rogues would go through human habitation. This means, I have to find and stop Templar before she reaches Bluebells. I cannot let her go through that pack at all.

‘Terence, let’s split once we are in Gold-dust. At any cost, I want to find and stop Templar before she steps into Bluebells’ I said.

‘Okay’ Terence was quick to reply.

“Please don’t let Templar cross Gold-dust” I prayed and wiped the sweat from the corner of my forehead. My heart was beating rapidly and my wolf was pacing inside me. Now that he know where Templar could be, he couldn’t wait until I reach there and bring her back to WaterWave.

Taking a deep breath, I increased the speed and drove swiftly.

An hour later, I had already entered the Gold-dust pack through a town. I was making my way towards the woods, when I received a call from Keith.

“What?” I snapped as soon as I picked the call.

“It’s bad news”

“I know she has reached Gold-dust” I said with a growl. “But I will not let her cross the pack” I added.

“That’s not the only thing I wanted to say” Keith said and I frowned in confusion.

“What else?” I asked and my wolf stopped pacing.

My first thought was something bad happened to Templar. My heart thumped continuously in my chest and fear was engulfing me. I tried connecting with Templar but there was no response from her. I relaxed when I learned there was nothing wrong in the mating bond either. However, still my wolf started shaking in anger.

“The pack figured out that she is the White Wolf” Keith replied in a barely audible voice.

****

Hope you all liked it!

Next update on 15th of August.

Please vote, comment and follow.

Thanks :-*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8M 523K 50
"I don't want you to mark me" I said quickly. "Why?" he asked me, his tone seemed calm but i knew he was far from it. "I have a commitment towards my...
23.4M 637K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
755K 24.6K 33
"Help us..." I look down, seeing two twins sitting on the ground, backs leaning against the wall. As it rains I can see them trembling pitifully in...
52.1K 1.7K 29
This story is not about rejection or my pack beause I would have had to know about werewolves before I fell in love with one. With a family cabin al...