His Dangerous Ways✔️

Bởi ChicagoDreams

CLICK THE LINK IN MY BIO FOR EARLY ACCESS CHAPTERS ON INKITT!! *** "Calm down," he said as he brushed the bro... Xem Thêm

His Dangerous Ways
Chap 1. Froot Loops and Fights
Chap 2. "You'll Thank Me Tomorrow When She's Not In Jail"
Chap. 3 Samuel
Chap. 4 "Nice Dance Moves"
Chap. 5 The Party
Chap. 6 "No Idea Is the Wrong One."
Chap. 7 Alleyways and Identities
Chap. 8 Welcome to the Safe House
Chap. 9 Nightmares
Chap. 10 Her
Chap. 11 Period Pains and Panties
Chap. 12 "Next time open the door or I'll break it down again."
Chap. 13 Worst. Sleepover. Ever.
Chap. 14 Don't Make Me Beg
Chap. 15 Mason's Story
Chap. 16 Meeting the Boys
Chap. 17 Confessions
Chap. 18 Love Bites
Chap. 19 SKAM and Surprises
Chap. 20 Dinners, Lion King, and Moonlight
Chap. 21 "All is Fair in Love and War"
Chap. 22 This Must Be How Beyonce Feels
Chap 23. People I Love
Chap. 24 Crossed Fingers
Chap. 25 A46
Chap. 26 Blood Bath
Chap. 27 The Masquerade
Chap. 28 Shattered Glass
Chap. 29 David
Chap. 30 Clues
Chap. 31 Ontario
Chap. 32 Mom
Chap. 33 Internal Conflicts
Chap. 34 Beer Bottles and Plans
Chap. 36 A Change Of Heart
Chap. 37 Phone Calls Home
Chap. 38 Plans and Parties
Chap. 39 Gunshots
Chap. 40 Flying Bullets
Chap. 41 Dad
EARLY ACCESS CHAPTERS/ IMPORTANT UPDATE
Chap. 42 Pray
Chap. 43 Daydreaming
Chap. 44 Blood and Brothers
Chap. 45 The Truth
Chap. 46 Leave
Chap. 47 Surprise
Chap. 48 Welcome Back
Chap. 49 Yes
Chap. 50 Revenge and Family
Epilogue

Chap. 35 Blood

10.5K 297 128
Bởi ChicagoDreams

(Here's another picture of Mason in case you forgot how hot he is. Mkay enjoy the chapter)

Cat's POV

My heart raced as we took a seat at the breakfast table, my mother taking her sweet time settling herself at the head of it. I had to admit that the way the early morning light spilled through the giant window that was behind her and cascaded over her, she looked beautiful. For a split moment, all of her terrible deeds had melted away and I saw her the way my father had all those years ago when he first met her. The way her eyes caught the light. The way her skin effortlessly reflected the light and caused her to look like an angel. How elegant she looked even when her black hair was pulled into a messy bun. But that moment didn't last long a I remembered who she was and what she was capable of doing to the ones I loved.

"I called you guys here because I want to spend more time with you before we get into all the heavy things and briefings," my mother started. "Kenny, you're like a son to me and I've known you for many years and Caterina, you are my daughter and I've known of you for many years but am just now able to be with you. Either way, I want to get to know my children better whether or not they're directly flesh."

Kenny nodded and I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes. There was obviously an alternative motive that she was burying underneath her empty promises. I didn't realize I hadn't answered until I felt the heat of two pairs of eyes on me. I looked between Kenny and my mother, both having the same hopeful spark in their eyes, and I found myself nodding. My mom smiled. "Perfect," she said in a cheerful tone before sharply clapping twice, causing three people each holding two dishes in their hands to appear through the door and start piling their delicious smelling plates on the table. "Breakfast is served," she announced before removing the cover off of one of the dishes, revealing a tall stack of amazing looking waffles.

"Oh, I love Greta's waffles," Kenny commented as he removed the top from another plate revealing strips of bacon stacked high before he began pulling the rest of the covers off and stacking his plate.

The food smelled amazing, so after a few moments I slowly began filling my plate as well, careful not to show how extremely uncomfortable or nervous I was.

"So, Caterina-"

"Cat," I quickly corrected my mother. "I'm not going to tell you again."

Instead of getting angry or annoyed in the slightest, she shrugged before saying, "So Cat, Kenny here told me you're a dancer. How long has this been going on for? What's your favorite styles? How many awards have you won?" She slightly leaned forward toward me as she ate like a teenage girl trying to suck every detail of her best friend's first kiss out of her.

"Um, okay," I hesitantly said as I finished chewing the strip of bacon I'd began munching on. I swallowed. "I've been dancing since I was three-which you would know if you actually cared-my favorite style is ballet, and I've won more awards than I can count. Dad wanted me to take it because if you. He said you were a dancer when you were younger and he wanted me to grow up to be as 'beautifully talented' and 'amazing' as my mom, you know minus the whole abandoning my family thing."

A nostalgic smile grew on my mother's lips as she sipped her coffee. "Your father was always a caring person. That's what I loved most about him other than his stunning good looks. I really wish I could see him now." As she spoke she started fiddling with the wedding ring I never noticed was on her finger. She noticed me looking and quietly chuckled to herself. "When I became the boss here I took it off. I couldn't stand the thought of leaving you and your father, so I hid the last reminder of you two that I had, though it didn't work because of the countless memories I had. But after we had our little meeting the other night, I decided to dig it up."

"Why don't you reach out to him?" Kenny suddenly spoke, his words slightly muffled by the waffles that were shoved in his mouth.

"Believe it or not, I don't think he'd want to see me after all these years. Cat's right, I did abandoned him. I abandoned you both. I couldn't blame him if he hated me for it." A frown grew on her face as she continued fiddling with her ring. "And I wouldn't blame him. He's a good man."

I mentally scoffed. She's right. My father is a good man. Too good for her.

"Well, that's the end of your depressing Q and A, Katherine. Now it's my turn," Kenny said as he liked the syrup from his fingertips causing me to roll my eyes due to how messy and childish he looked. "Let's see...okay, how did you meet Riverdale? More importantly, what's stopped you from ripping his head off? I mean, he looks like a difficult and arrogant lad."

I found myself looking to my mom for help, but she merely shrugged. "I have to admit that I'm curious as well."

"Are you two being serious?" I asked with a raised eyebrow only to be met with silence. They were being serious. "Can I pass on this question or-"

"Answer the question Cat," Kenny pressed, causing me to sigh.

"I met him at school and as for your second question, it's been hard at times but I really love him and he loves me. The mutual commitment and love has been what's kept me sane enough not to rip his head off."

"Interesting," Kenny mused. "So, as we've already discussed, your little boyfriend and his kin have murdered countless people, so tell me Cat, how do you feel about that? Why hasn't that turned you away from them the way it's turned you away from us?"

"I don't want to talk about this anymore," I quickly answered. I hated to admit it, but ever since I heard Kenny's side of the story, I'd found myself slightly questioning River's motives, but I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of hearing it. Plus, I trusted River and knew he wouldn't lie to me...right.

"I mean, you were so quick to label us as the villains, but who really targeted who first? Haven't you considered that River's story isn't the whole story-"

"I said I'm done talking about this, Kenny," I seethed, annoyance saturating my words as confusion and anger boiled within me.

"Kenneth, that's enough," my mother said as she continued sipping her coffee, though there was an obvious look of amusement in her eyes.

"Alright, alright. I'll let up for now," he relented. "Okay, Cat. Here's the most important question: do you think pineapple belongs on pizza?"

***
Mason's POV

Come on, Mas. You're close. You have to rebuild your strength if you want to help get Cat back, I thought to myself as I continued my workout. My body was consumed in a fiery pain, especially my bullet wound, but I had to catch up on all that time I lost while I was in my mini-coma. Only fifteen more push ups then twenty burpees and then I'll be-

"Mason, what are you doing?" Liam's voice nearly yelled before I felt his arms wrap themselves around my bare torso and quickly, yet gently pull me up so that I was facing him, a look of worry on his face as he gave me a one over. "Mas, you heard what the doctor said about taking things slow and not doing any physical activity without supervision. Too much stress can have a really bad affect in your body and-" He was interrupted by my lips gently connecting with his. He was stunned for a moment before he kissed me back, his hand instantly finding its place on the low of my back before he lowly groaned and pulled away. "No, no. you can't just distract me by kissing me every time I scold you," he whined, causing me to chuckle before I placed one more quick kiss on his lips.

"It was worth a shot," I shrugged. "And thanks for the concern, babe. But I'm fine. I mean, I've been doing my workout routine for the past few days and-"

His eyes grew wide. "For the past few what?" I mentally cursed. Oops. "Mason, I don't know if you see these," he said motioning to the giant bandage on my torso as well as the healing bruises from the beat down we'd received from the Boss all those nights ago, "but you are in no condition to be doing such rigorous exercise, especially without someone looking after you."

"I know babe, it's just..." I trailed, unable to shape my thoughts into words. "I know you guys don't blame me and I know Cat doesn't, but I blame myself for what's happening even though I know I shouldn't. And it's my duty to at least try to be apart of the rescue, even if it's something small, and in order to that I need to get back into shape, so if you'll excuse me-"

"No, Mason, stop," Liam said, gently pressing the palm of his hand to my chest to stop me from getting back into my push up position. "I understand that you want to get back out there and save Cat but...I almost lost you. Do you understand how scary that was? The uncertainty of if you were going to wake up. The fear. The anger. The sadness. I can't go through that again. I refuse to. So please Mason, if not for yourself or me, take it easy for Cat because we both know she'll feel terrible if you actually get killed trying to save her." I opened my mouth to protest but he stopped me. "You'll have a part to play, but we just need to flesh out the plan a bit more, okay. For now, just a warm epsom salt bath. You must be sore and it's time for your medicine and creams. I'll go get some fresh towels and the salt, just start running the water."

I nodded in response, causing him to turn and head to the door. But before he even made it halfway to the door, I grabbed his arm and turned him around so I could give him another quick kiss. "Woah, what was that for? I mean I'm not complaining, but why?" He chuckled with a raised eyebrow once I pulled away.

"Easy, because te amo," I shrugged. "And because you make a really hot nurse."

"Of course I make a hot nurse, I mean have you met me?" He joked as he put his hands on his hips in a mock sexy pose before we both burst into a fit of laughter. "Okay, I'm going to go get the stuff. Also, remind me to never do that again."

"Consider it done," I said a I began sobering up.

"Good," Liam said as he turned and began his journey out the door with my eyes following him every step of the way. As cliche as it sounds, I hated to see him leave but I loved to watch him go. But he paused in the doorway and looked back at me. "Oh, and I love you too," he said before he disappeared into the hallways, causing me to smile.

But the happy moment only lasted a few seconds before I was thrown into a spastic serious of violent coughs. No. No. No. God, please no. I begged as I hurried into the bathroom and coughed up into the sink. Blood. My heart sank. That was the third time this week. I quickly washed it down the drain and despite my better judgement, I kept myself from yelling for Liam. He didn't know and I'd like to keep it that way. He was already worried about Cat and I didn't want to add more onto his plate.

"Hey, I heard you coughing. Are you good?" He asked as he walked into our giant bathroom, carrying towels in one hand and a bag of epsom salt in the other.

"Yeah," I nodded as he set the supplies on the edge of the hot tub that was right next to the shower.

"Alright, so hurry up and start this bath slowpoke. I'm not getting any younger here!"

I let out a weak chuckle as I followed his instruction all while my mind raced with the secret I was keeping.

What's happening to me?

***
Howdy y'all (ew I just sounded so country). I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and if so please comment, vote, and share this book because that would mean a lot to me.

If y'all have read my updates I put on my message board, you know that the reason my updating schedule is so messed up is because I'm dealing with some stuff with school and my family, so that claims a lot of my attention.

Anyway, on a less depressing note, aren't Liam and Mason the cutest? I love them so much, they're like my little babies.

Love y'all- Jordan

PS how are y'all feeling about the book so far? Tbh there might only be ten to fifteen chapters left. Lmk how you feel :)

Mkay bye.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

599K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
85.4K 458 25
U and mattheo are rivals and always have been bc your family's where rivals and where told to always stay away from eatch other til Cussing smut Bl...
11.7K 434 51
"We shouldn't do this-- I'm leaving in a few months." "What better time to start than now." "I thought I was just a music nerd to you." "You're not...
52.9K 82 10
Lisa is a 11 year old girl who started wetting the bed unexpectedly, then it turned Into days she never liked it but she had to deal with it. Read to...