Saved by the Devil [EDITING]

By lunaofart

Davina Alexander is an 20-year-old girl who has always lived in an unfortunate situation, and I'm not talking... More

CHARACTERS
1•Aloha
2•Bandages
3•Games
5•Gift
6•Wednesday
7•Days and nights
8•Primo atto
9•Bunny
10•Departure
11•Alone
12•Secondo atto
13•Lover
14•Naked talk
15•Terzo atto
16•Puppy love
17•The cute little bear
18•Square friend
19•Under the bed
20•Four inches
21•Hell is their Kingdom
22•The Devil and his Angel
23• Blue doors
24•A normal gal
25• Let the leaves fall
26• I'll be the one
27•Angel cry
28• Handsome devil
29• Flourishing
30• Beloved
Sequel
The sequel is live!

4•Partial

32.5K 803 212
By lunaofart

•Davina Alexander•

"Davina do you love this man?" he placed a picture of Jack in front of me.

I frowned, looking at Jack's wicked brown eyes on the picture "Y-Yes."

"Why are you lying to me?" Diavolo asked calmly.

I stayed quiet for a couple of seconds and then gazed up at him "I'm not allowed to talk about my feelings or speak against him," I hesitantly replied. "He said I would be punished for it."

"He told you that?" he immediately removed the picture from my sight. "No one will hurt you here; you are under my protection now, Davina. The tracker we found is not long-range so as soon as you were off the island you were untraceable; he cannot get to you, okay?"

"Okay." I inhaled shakily as tears threatened to leave my eyes "I hate him," I stated as my eyes fell to my hands "he has done nothing but hurt me for years."

"I will never force you to talk about what he did to you, but you can if you want to. Do you want this marriage to be terminated? I can have it done by the end of the day tomorrow," he informed.

My eyes raised to look at him in disbelief "Yes, please."

"Perfect, now, can I have that back?" he asked with a gentle smile.

"Yes," I whispered, looking up at him as I handed him back the paper "thank you," I said looking into his blue eyes.

"I don't like people who abuse defenseless people," he stated, putting the folder back in the drawer. "You shouldn't have gone in the pool with the fresh stitches and you cannot take baths in 2 weeks, so from now on the only water that can touch is the shower and change the bandages once a day; you'll have the supplies in your room."

I looked at the smaller plate on the tray that had scrambled eggs with ham, beside it a bowl of fruit and a tall glass of orange juice. I tried my best to eat it all but ended up eating half of it since I'm not used to such a big breakfast. Once we were done eating, I asked for permission to leave to go get ready as he said I should.

As I walked upstairs I felt lighter; the fact that I won't be married to a man twice my age, who has wounded me in every way imaginable is so liberating and renewing. When I got to my bedroom my bed was already made and there was a golden package on the pillow. It was chocolate – I remember the smell from when I was four and my dad brought a bar for my mom but I never got to taste it because mom said I didn't deserve to have candy. As a girl, I didn't eat anything that wasn't tasteless soups or sandwiches since they didn't take time to make, and my parents always spent their money on other things.

I unwrapped the small square and shoved it in my mouth; it's the most delicious thing I've tasted but then again I haven't tasted a lot in my life...but the taste made me happy, it was so sweet and it coated my tongue so softly.

With some step on my spirit, I rushed through the closet and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. The room is filled with natural light that comes through a big window opposite to the shower; it's all so simple yet so elegant. My bathroom at Jack's house was a third of this one and I didn't have a tub – I've always wanted to get into one and read as they do in the movies.

After the shower, I made sure to cover my stitches with gauze; I'm no stranger to injuries. I know how to take care of my wounds, but I didn't know I couldn't get in the pool; Jack only let me get in his pool when he ordered me to.

Having so many options in the closet made me dizzy but I made the decision to wear loose clothes to make sure nothing moves the gauzes or damages the stitches on my wound. I changed into a pair of beige cargo pants, a green striped shirt, and a pair of cute white sandals with braided straps. Before going downstairs, I brushed my teeth and hair in the bathroom. It was so much fun going through all the clothes and seeing all those colors that can match; I've always been a big fan of the brands I see in magazines.

"You look absolutely fantastic," Elena said, approaching the bottom of the stairs. "You know how to put an outfit together."

I blushed with a shy smile "Thank you, Elena; the choices were infinite and I actually had so much fun, though it was overwhelming in the beginning."

She gently took my hands "Remember to take it easy, and if it feels like too much just breathe in and out, slowly."

I nodded "It means a lot that you're looking after me; no one had ever done this much for me."

She shrugged still smiling "It's nothing, darling."

"Let's get going; we have much to do," Diavolo said as he entered the foyer and gained our attention.

"Have fun, Davina," Elena gave me a gentle hug and then pulled away.

Diavolo looked at me "Are you sure you want to wear heels?" he rose an eyebrow. "We are going to be out all day long."

I glanced down at my shoes "Yes, but if you don't like them I can take them off."

"No," he shook his head. "Davina, if you like them then you can wear them, besides, I like how they look on you," he showed me a light smile.

My whole face grew hot as I followed him; it wasn't a flirty comment, he was simply being nice and it didn't feel creepy at all. It actually felt like an innocent compliment I could accept and even believe.

Outside there was an SUV waiting to be boarded. We sat together in the back and Diavolo used his phone the entire time and I knew better than to interrupt him. I was quite entertained watching the forest-like landscape turn into high buildings, busy streets, and people filling the sidewalks – I liked how busy it was as if the city was alive.

"We are here," Diavolo said as the car stopped. He waited for a bodyguard to open his door, I got off on the other side and met him on the sidewalk. The building in front of us looked like it was owned by the government or was related to it since it had the United States seal outside.

"What are we doing here?" I asked looking up at him.

"We are getting you a passport," he said. "May I take your hand? I don't want you to get lost in these crowds," Diavolo looked at me and I just nodded. Our fingers intertwined and we walked into the building, skipping the long line outside.

The place was filled with people but somehow we didn't wait longer than two minutes. Diavolo took me to a counter where they asked for a list of documents I do not possess, but my companion quickly handed the person a folder and they all seemed to be there. My picture was taken and then made me write my name on a thing that looked like a screen; I was relieved that was the only thing I had to write. Finally, Diavolo paid for my passport and we were told it will be delivered by the end of the day since it will be made a priority.

We made our way out of the building, and got back into the SUV "Can I ask you a question?" I asked, looking at the tattooed back of his hand.

"Ask but I don't know if I'll answer," he replied, looking out the window as the car commenced moving.

I bit my lip before speaking "Why did we do all that?"

Diavolo gazed at me "Because we are going to Italy in three weeks and you're coming," it doesn't sound like I have an option, but I honestly don't mind it.

"I've never been on a plane," I confessed, leaning back on my seat.

"It's scary at take off, but it's usually smooth after it," he told. "Don't worry, my sister and Aldria will be there as well to keep you distracted if you need to."

"Thank you," I thanked.

On our way to our next destination, he was mostly on a phone call and it soothed me to listen to his voice as he talked about things I did not understand. He must be a criminal or something along those lines due to the way I ended up at his brothel. Someone powerful because of how the people opened at the party, the size of his house and the number of bodyguards – maybe international because of his accent and the fact that we are going to travel to Italy.

Fuck. I do know what he does and now I remember his name; Jack mentioned it a few times when I was serving his friends at a dinner party just days before I was taken from the bank.

"Diavolo DeLuca, that's the man I want to be like," Jack said before taking a sip of his whiskey.

Simon, his brother, laughed "DeLuca is one of the most powerful individuals in the world – capo of the most brutal mafia in the world; you will never be at his level," he shrugged "besides he still in his twenties and you're forty, keep on dreaming little brother"

Jack rolled his eyes – they annoy each other and somehow they're always around each other "Everyone starts at the bottom."

"Not Diavolo, he is a DeLuca – the business was handed in a golden platter to him," Steve, Jack's best friend, said before smacking my ass. "Do we get to play with this little girl tonight?" he asked pulling up my dress to my waist so he could have access to my ass.

"Of course, we can take turns or at the same time," Jack replied, looking around the table at the six men. "I personally think we should take turns; with each of us her pussy gets more raw and she moans louder," my owner smirked, looking at me.

I felt disgusted with myself, as I always did when they all reached to touch me.

Diavolo's thumb caressing my hand broke my chain of thoughts, his hand is kinda rough, maybe he exercises a lot, which I don't doubt because I can appreciate his biceps even with his clothes on.

The next stop we made was a jewelry store and the signature color of the place seems to be turquoise; I recognized the logo from one of the magazine's I read back at home and from jewelry Jack owns. Diavolo bought a pair of watches but one of them was smaller, I suppose it's a gift for his girlfriend or sister.

"Here," he handed me the smaller box "this is for you, I don't want you to not know the time or be late."

I didn't see it when he chose it because I was busy looking around; admiring the necklaces, earrings and bracelts – maybe one day I will be able to get something for myself. It does sound ridiculous when I think about it twice, but dreams can be as ludocrious as you want them to be.

When I opened the leather box, I found a beautiful silver watch with sparkly diamonds. It's really pretty and shiny, I could look at it all day long and never get bored.

"Put it on," Diavolo said, pointing at the box in front of me.

I carefully took the watch out of the box, slid it into my wrist and made sure it was clipped correctly so it wouldn't fall off. It made me nervous even thinking about it.

"Perfect," he commented, taking my wrist to check the fit. I noticed he had his on already and the difference is that his does not have diamonds and the strap is made out of leather "Luca, grab her box and put it in the bag, please." Diavolo took my hand and led me out of the store "We need to get you a phone," he said looking at the one in his hand.

I've never had a phone, I've only seen Jack and his friends use theirs; there's lots of letters and words on the screen all the time so that makes me nervous.

We walked for a couple of minutes on the sidewalk, and people would glance at us as they passed us; it must be due to all the security around us. The next store was huge, white, and with wooden desks. We were in a big glass box and the logo seemed to be a biten apple. There were all sorts of devices all around; I was amazed by everything in it so I let go of Diavolo's hand to wander around but was quickly called to be by his side.

"Davina come here, you need to pick one," he said, pointing at the phones.

"How do I pick one?" I whispered looking at the variety.

Diavolo smiled "Which one do you like the most?"

My eyes caught one that was all-black "That one," I pointed at the phone.

He nodded and then looked at the girl who seemed to be hypnotized by his looks "We'll take that one, 512GB," I didn't know what that meant but it sounded like a lot.

"When we get to the office I will send one of my assistants to get you a phone number. At 1:30 we'll go to lunch, and then back to the office where I have to be until 10 pm," he informed, handing his black card to the girl taking care of our purchase.

I nodded as I watched the girl tap on a phone she had in her hands. Once the transaction was done, she gave us a white bag with the grey logo on it and my new phone inside; I am intimidated by it, but at the same time it will be exciting to learn something new.

"Thank you," I said, rubbing his arm once we were back in the SUV.

"I like how that feels," Diavolo looked down at me with a gentle smile.

I softly smiled "I'll keep on doing it, Sir."

Diavolo rose an eyebrow "What did I tell you?"

"To call you Diavolo," I lightly chuckled.

"Exactly," he nodded before turning his head back to the view of the city.

He informed me we are having Italian for lunch; I cannot wait to try more pasta dishes – Elena told me at dinner last night that there's an endless variety. Diavolo's phone was resting on his right thigh and when the car stopped at a red light, he leaned down to tie his shoe.

The phone on his thigh buzzed "Davina, read that for me, please."

My mouth went dry at his request; my hand was shaking as I took his phone, and when I looked at the screen, I froze looking at all the letters forming words.

"What does it say?" he asked, going back to his upright position.

I gulped and handed him back his phone "I-I don't know," I whispered, feeling my chest burning.

"What do you mean you don't know?" he gently took his phone. "You don't know how to read?"

"No," I shook my head, glancing at him ashamed. "Jack never taught me how."

"What?" his tone softened.

"I don't know how to read," I said again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

927K 26.8K 38
DIABOLIC SERIES 1 Simply put, this story is about a boy who calls himself the Devil and a girl who has gone through hell. Being 'happy' doesn't come...
3.1M 143K 73
"If you could ask the Devil a question, what would it be?" - - - ••• Alexander Romano ••• Handsome. Charming. Deranged. Psychotic. Obsessive. Contro...
377K 9.1K 70
|WARNING:STRONG ADULT CONTENT/ EXTREMELY EXPLICIT LANGUAGE 18+ ALL KIND OF TRIGGER WARNINGS!!!! I PUT A LOT OF HARD WORK INTO MY BOOKS, MY LAWYER KN...
474K 16.6K 77
The Russian mafia princess and the Italian mafia king. It's a wise old mafia tale: they are each other's biggest competitor, but the heart doesn't se...