IMPERFECTION (AN INTERCULTURA...

By Simplicity_writes

Imperfection is the story of Anuoluwapo.A young energetic Yoruba lady who is full of life, she's independent... More

Journey
Preparation
Mrs. azim
August visitor
I'll be your girlfriend
First visit
First weekend
Best Man Ever
Suprise ! yet surprised
Hidden Emotions
Ameera
Who is Khalifa ?
The big question
Greatest fear
Unexpected guest
Assurance
That's my man
Finally!
Engagement ceremony.
Kunshi
Kamu
Wedding Dinner
Matrimony/ Budan Kai unveiling of bride
White wedding
Khalifa, the total package
Cupid
Pampered
Signs.
Expectance
Short lived.
Our love life
💞💞💞
occurred
Curiosity
Trouble in paradise
Not mine
Laugh last
D's Identity
Months later
New arrival
Motherhood
Changes
Shattered
Bonus chapter ( Khalifa's POV)
Mine
Mi familia perfecta
Afterward
Karma
Baecation
Bonus chapter; Zahra's wedding
Finale
Epilogue
Cast
Appreciation/Announcement
Bonus chapters or Not
Bonus chapter (1)

Planning my wedding

1.9K 230 2
By Simplicity_writes

Its official!!

I'll be getting married to the love of my life in few months. I am so happy. Finally, I get to marry the man of my dream, the love of my life, my best friend. Khalifa is the best man I ever known. He's everything I've ever wanted, everything I've ever dreamed of.

Planning my wedding has not been easy for me. I had to quit my job, I just needed to focus on planning my wedding. I put all my energy on that.
It really is not easy, I have lots of ceremonies to plan for. I have my Yoruba engagement, kamu ceremony, Nikkai, wedding dinner and my white wedding. Khalifa's mom insisted that at least we had one ceremony in Abuja, so my white wedding would be done in Abuja while the rest would take place in Lagos.

Of course I know I can't do this all by myself. I have the help of my sisters in law and my family also. Still we can't do everything by ourselves. The catering, the decorations, the cakes and all of that. My wedding is going to be Top notch. I'm marrying into one of the most influential family in the country so everything has to be Top notch.

I travelled to the states recently to shop for my wedding. Nabilah, Khalifa's sister came with me. She schools in Florida so she was with me throughout. Nabilah is Zarah's immediate sister. I met her once prior to my arrival in Florida. Khalifa introduced us over the phone and she was so nice to me. She's also cool like her elder sisters. We met for the first time during one of her short visits to Nigeria, we had dinner and vibed really well. When I informed her I would be coming to the states, she was elevated. She picked me up at the airport and was with me throughout my stay . I lodged in a hotel, she spends most of her days with me. She helped me alot during my stay there.

While in Florida, I shopped for my new home. I mean of course,after the wedding I move in with Khalifa, so its going to be my new home. I shopped in Home goods. I made sure to get everything i know I was going to need, the essentials

I also got my fabrics over there. Most of the fabrics I'll be using for the events, I made sure to get it. I found this nice store in Miami, Rex fabrics and I loved all of their designs. I had a tough time choosing, everything was beautiful.

I found this beautiful store in Miami also, The Bridal project. Initially, I wanted my wedding dress designed in Nigeria but then I found breathtaking bridal designs and I couldnt resist. Everything was magnificent. I found the perfect design and I fell in love completely. It would be delivered to Nigeria months later.

Nabilah was also a good hostess, she treated me so well in Miami. She took me to places, she's so fun to be with . I made sure to get lots of body treatments during my stay. I enjoyed my stay there to be honest.

With everything going on, I haven't seen Khalifa for over a month. He was busy with work and I have not been chanced to travel down to Abuja. I have things to do in Abuja also. The pre wedding photo shoot would take place in Abuja, I have to meet with one of my events Planner, I also have to meet with one of my designers.

Khalifa picked me up from the airport . As soon as he saw me, he pulled me into a tight hug telling me how much he missed me. I miss him too. We grabbed lunch before heading home. We stayed in for the rest of the day. We watched a movie together, we ordered pizza for dinner before going to bed.

The next day, Khalifa left for work very early. After performing my morning ritual and having breakfast. I got dressed ready to leave. I drove in Khalifa's Range rover. Whenever I'm in Abuja, I mostly drive his cars. I drove down to Wuse, I was meeting with one of my designers Huddaya of Huddaya couture. I saw her designs on the internet and it was beautiful. I liked them a lot.

I got to her office, we exchanged pleasentries before we started talking about business. I told her whar I wanted and she asked that I put my trust in her that she's ready to go being my expectations. After my meeting with her, I grabbed lunch with Salamat and we had a girls day out.

The next day was the pre wedding shoot. We drove down to George okoro's studio here in Abuja. We took different poses in different outfits.
I met with the second wedding planner afterwards.

Today, Khalifa returned from work very early, he says he has a suprise for me. Initially, I thought of spending the day with Salamat but i had to cancel that. He took a quick shower and changed into something casual. He wore a black Joggers pant, a black Nike round neck top and a Jordans sneakers. He said I was okay with my outfit. I was wearing a short dress and Puma slippers.

We got in his Benz and he drove,I kept asking him where we were going, he keeps smiling. I know he has something up his sleeves and I can't wait to find out what he has planned.

He drove us to this part of Abuja I haven't been to.

"Babe where's this? "

"We're in Asokoro" I've heard a lot about Asokoro but I've never been here. I mean, Asokoro is one of the major districts in Abuja, it is a high class area and very secure. It houses most of the top government officials of the country and the elites of the city . What I don't get now is our reason for being here. Asokoro looks so different, very calm, quiet and beautiful. Like it can be said that Asokoro is the Banana island of Abuja.

Khalifa drove into this house. Let's be honest this house is big. The compound alone is so big that it can contain at least 10 cars if not more. It is not as big as Khalifa's mom's but it is still something. He parked the car in front of the house and came out. I came out of the car also.

He had this huge smirk on his face and I know what that means. He really have something up his sleeves.

The architectural design of this house
Is what one can call unique, though I haven't seen much but with what I have seen, it is beautiful. The location makes it more attractive.

He asked me to come closer. I did.
" I know you kinda hate it when I hide things from you. Before saying anything, I first of all apologise. Just know I mean no harm" I stared at him , I stayed calmed waiting for him to finish.

"Baby, we are about to start our Journey, we're about to start our life together, our family. Yeah I understand things might be different at first but I promise we'll sort everything out. "

"Khalifa , tell me something i domt know yet, just go straight to the point " he chuckled nervously

"Okay, this is going to be our home after the wedding." He said calmly. His eyes fixated on mine. He's trying to read my expression

But I have none

Did I just hear this man correctly? did he just say our home?

"I know, I know I should have told you about it from the start , I saw this house and I fell in love with it, I knew you would also. I wanted to surprise you that's why I didn't tell you earlier. I know..."

"Guy wait... wait na, did you just say you bought this house, I mean we'll be living here after the wedding " he nod biting on his lips nervously

I placed my hands on my head. I can't even explain how I'm feeling now, i can't find the perfect expression.

"I get it if you don't like it, it's all my fault, we can work something else out "

"Work wetin. I no go like wetin, when my father's ancestors are not after me, I will not like this house. I love it but baby wait o So both of us would be living here, " he nod again.

"Inside Asokoro " this time he burst out laughing. I placed my hands on my mouth, it's still hard trying to take all this.

"Guy it's like you're serious o " I said again. He was still laughing

"Of course I am. Com'ere let me give you a proper tour of the house "

He showed me around and forget this is magnificent. This house is more or less a mansion. The house is a six bedroom fully detached duplex with a penthouse, a boys quarter, a garage. All the rooms are ensuite, The house has two living room, a swimming pool, a mini theatre room,a pantry, the kitchen is so big , seven toilets, a security house. A roof top balcony.

The house was fully furnished. It is so beautiful. I couldn't help my tears anymore. I burst out crying. I embraced Khalifa and started telling him how much I love him and all of that

"Awww my cry baby I love you too" I laughed still hugging him

"But you love the house right?" he asked. I nod.

"Thank God, I thought you wouldn't like it. " he kissed my forehead.

After we left the house, we returned back home. I seriously can't wait to marry Ahmed.

I love him so much

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 13.2K 32
COMPLETED English/Hausa For someone who has never had it easy in life, Labiba believed her world has finally come to an end when she was practically...
149K 15K 49
*COMPLETED!! - Editing in process* Highest ranking #2 in Hausa #1 in Nigeria summary in editing* NOTICE: None of the pictures belong to me. All th...
26.1K 3.5K 22
A story depicting two different people struggling with their lives and a simple arrangement changing both their lives. Sumayya Mahmoud is a stubborn...
62.5K 6.7K 72
Sakeena Ibrahim Abdulmaleek; Fierce, bold, challenging and brave. Never thought her life will turn out that way. At the age of fourteen, her life cha...