MJ Fantasy- Traveling Soldier

By NeverToBeForgottenMJ

Alice, a 16 year old girl, has to deal with feelings that are exposed after she meets a strange, but intrigui... More

Traveling Soldier
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28

Ch. 9

46 2 1
By NeverToBeForgottenMJ

.

Jacob’s P.O.V

.

No one says anything.

Everything is silent as they all take in what I just said. Alice tightens her grip on my hand and hides half of her body behind me as I hear her start to cry. Soon Edward gets to his feet and stares directly past me, at Alice. His words directed towards her, “It’s not true.” He whisper shocked.

I keep my head down letting Alice answer for herself, knowing that this time isn’t a good time for me to speak. Alice nods her head. “I’m so sorry Eddie.” She whispers so low I’m surprised Edward could hear it.

“Your joking!!” He says louder pointing an accusing finger at her. Alice cringes and shakes her head slowly. He gets enraged. “How can you be so stupid!? Mary Alice your better then this!!!” He says spitting the last sentence at her.

“Hey back off!!” I step forward fully putting my body in between Edward’s and Alice’s. “It wasn’t her fault, and you shouldn’t be talking. You or Bella.” He seems to tense up, scared I’ll speak of his little secret. The secret Alice had let me in on a week ago.

“Maybe he shouldn’t.” A voice said behind me. Oh shit!

I turn around and find Emmett and Rosalie standing in the entryway of the living room staring at us shocked and angry. Oh crap… “This is your fault!!!” He screams as he runs up to me. I feel Alice being yanked from my side by Edward as Emmett’s fist makes contact with my chin.

.

Alice’s P.O.V

.

Oh my gosh!!

“JACOB!!!” I struggle in my brother’s arms, but he’s too strong for me. “Edward let me go!!”

“No, have you seen what he’s done to you!? What Jacob has done to your life!”

“But Jacob didn’t do anything!!! EMMETT STOP HURTING HIM!!!!!!!!!!” I turn to my parents who sit unmoving on the couch as they watch Emmett beat the crap out of Jake. They aren’t even trying to prevent Jacob from getting hurt!!! I get engraged. “Stop them!!” Daddy doesn’t listen. In fact he stands up, walks over to Jacob and raises his hand as if he’s about to strike him. “NOOOO!!!” I wrench myself out of Edward’s arms and run inbetween my father and Jacob. By the time I get to him, Emmett has punched him in the gut and face several times that a stream of blood begins to pour down his face. He loses his balanace and falls on top of me. I catch both of us before we topple to the ground and keep a protective and strong arm around him. Daddy doesn’t seem to notice me and his arm starts coming down. “STOPP IT!!!”

Daddy looks at me then Jacob. “Look at what he’s done to you… what your life will become because of him!” He says, his voice rising in anger.

“BUT IT WASN’T HIS-“

Mommy stands and comes beside Jacob and I. She takes my hand and interrupts my protest, “And you let him do this to you?” She asks in horror. I shake my head in denial. How can they think Jacob is the father so quickly??? Do they really think that badly of him?! WE’RE BEST FRIENDS!! HE’S MY FUCKING BEST FRIEND!!!!!! I would NEVER have sex with him!!!

“What!? NO! This isn’t Jacob’s ba-“

“NO Alice… you don’t have to lie for me.” Jacob says as he straightens himself up and his hand immediately goes to his nose trying to stop the flow of blood. What?... What is he doing!?

I whisper so low that only he can hear, “what are you doing?? This is not your baby…”

Jacob speaks up for my family to hear, “What am I doing? I’m taking responsibility for you and our baby.” He says placing a hand on my belly. I start to get teary eyed. Why is he doing this?? Why is he suffering the hatred of my family just to raise a baby that isn’t even his??

I have just come to the conclusion that he really does love me when mommy suddenly grabs me from behind and pulls me away just as Emmet’s fist makes contact with Jacob’s chin one more time.

“DON’T TOUCH MY SISTER AGAIN!!!!” He shouts kicking Jacob in the stomach.

“STOP IT!!!” I shove Emmett away from him and turn to Rosalie and Bella. “Get them out of here!! NOW!” I scream as tears run down my face. Without complaint, the girls finally get my brothers out of the room. When they are gone I sigh in relief and turn to face my parents. Their expressions scare me.

I push Jacob behind me incase my father tries to hurt him like he almost did. “Mommy… daddy… I’m so sorry. I didn’t want this to happen. I don’t care what you do. Punish me, ground me for the rest of my life, take away everything that brings me joy, but… please tell me that you still love me. Please tell me that I’m still your daughter… y-your baby g-girl. Please d-don’t hate me!!” I beg crying, hugging Jacob tightly. They stare at me for a couple of minutes saying nothing before I feel arms embrace me from behind. It’s mommy. I would know her hugs anywhere. I turn around and throw my arms around her neck, “Please don’t hate me!!” I scream into her shoulder.

She starts rubbing my back and arms soothingly as she whispers calmly, “Oh sweetheart we could never hate you. You’ll always be my baby. No matter what.” She pulls away from our hug and stares directly into my misty eyes, “I’ve got to say… you've disappointed us, very much. But you’ve also brought our family more love and care with this one little precious angel.” She smiles at me, pats my belly then looks up at my dad. “Right Antonio??”

Daddy looks at me then leaves without another word. “He hates me now!!” I sob into Jacob’s chest as I recall the expression on his face. Pure disappointment and disapproval.

Mommy sighs and smiles at the two of us, “Alice why don’t you go get Jacob cleaned up. I’ll go talk to your father.” She gives me a kiss on the cheek then leaves the room after my father. I pull away from Jacob’s chest and look up at his face. He’s bleeding heavily. Grabbing his hand, I pull him towards the bathroom so I can clean and bandage his face.

Once the door is closed and locked I turn to face Jacob frowning. He seems to notice, “Why are you frowning at me?” He asks oblivious.

“Why did you do that?? Why would you do that??” Jacob rolls his eyes and turns to the mirror, reaching inside the medicine cabinet.

“To save Michael’s butt. I know you were never going to tell them about him and I knew they weren’t going to leave you alone until they had an answer. Since they already blamed me so quickly I thought I’d play along.” He says taking out the first aid kit.

“Jacob, you don’t understand what you just did. You just-“

“I believe I just became the father of your baby to save the actual father’s life.” Jacob says as if that was the move obvious answer in the world.

“But why?” I ask as tears escape my eyes. Jacob looks up at me through the mirror and realizes I’m crying.

He turns around and walks up to me. “Why are you crying?” He asks softly as he takes me in his arms.

“Because… Because your too good for me. I don’t deserve you!” I admit wrapping my arms around him. “Jacob, your one of a kind and I don’t know what I would do without you. It’s still a wonder how you can look at me while I’m… you know.”

He smiles at me, “I’m smart, not dumb. Letting you go would be the stupidest thing I would ever do. Alice when I said I love you, I actually meant it.” Jacob says.

I bite my bottom lip and look down as well. I know he doesn’t mean to make me feel guilty, he’s being honest, but… I still do. “Alice I want to be apart of your life.”

“But Jacob, you are apart of my life.” I whisper, not looking up.

“Not that way.” He whispers. Jacob gets closer to me and I can his warm, sweet breath on my face. “I want to be a part of yours and the baby’s life… I want to be the baby’s father.”

My eyes widen and I back away from Jacob shocked.

No! I cant let him do that! I cant let him ruin his life because of me!! “Jacob you cant! Being a parent will NOT be easy and what about your life? Your education. Your career.” Jacob gives me a sly smile. I frown at him. “What is that smile for?”

“Did I forget to mention that… I’m graduating early.”

My eyes widen. “What!!”

“Starting college in a couple of months.” He says smiling.

“But… But… you still have 2 more years left.” I trail off as Jacob starts shaking his head.

“Apparently I’ve got the credit to graduate now if I wish to take it. That is… if you don’t want me too.”

I shake my head. Of course I want him to take it! “Jacob, take it! It’s a big accomplishment for you and I’m so happy for you!” I throw my arms around him as he hugs me back. “Your going to college.”

“And we’re going to be parents.” Jacob says hugging me tighter. I hold Jacob as close as I can, grateful that I have someone like him with me though this difficult time. He is truly one of a kind…

.

.

Later That Night…

.

.

Come on Alice, you’ve got to tell him! Or else he’ll never know and he has a right to know. He’s the father. Would he push us away and say he wants nothing to do with this baby? Or would he be like Jacob and be up for the job of being a parent? Considering it’s as much as his fault as it was mine.

Although I cant put it in words! It’s so difficult to just say, ‘Hey Michael. How’s bootcamp going? Sorry I haven’t spoken to you in a while. It’s because I found out that I’m pregnant and it’s your baby.’ That would be a horrible way to put it.

It cant be bad. Gosh! Why cant this be so much easier and I can just tell him in person. It would be so much less complicated. But of course, my life is never easy or… normal.

I take a deep breath and start writing, in slow motions as words appear on the paper before me…

“Dear Michael,

It’s been so long since I’ve heard from you. I miss you so much and I don’t think I’ll be able to handle the rest of these 8 months without you. I need you so much right now, so much has happened since you left.

I know this isn’t something someone should say over a letter, but in person. Only…  I have no other choice. Your gone and there is no way I can actually contact you besides writing. So here it goes…

I’m pregnant. And yes it’s your baby.

Also I’m keeping the baby. Please write back soon. I really need to hear from you. If you don’t want to be apart of the baby’s life, I would like to know as soon as possible that way I can make other arrangements. I wouldn’t blame you for your decision, nor cause you guilt as this is none of your fault. This was just as much as mine as it was yours. Please write back soon, as soon as possible. I really need to hear from you.

I miss you.

- Alice xoxo

As soon as I finished writing, I fold it up, not even caring if I had any mistakes. I don’t want to reread what I just wrote. I’ll start crying if I do. I put in it’s envelope and open my door. There stands Edward. I sigh, “What do you want?”

“To know why my sister is throwing her life away for a baby?” I roll my eyes and shove past him, not in the mood for his lecture.

 “Not in the mood Edward.” I run downstairs and outside towards the mailbox. From what I see Bella and Rosalie are just barely driving out of the driveway.

I turn and run back the fastest I can, but it's not fast enough though. “Alice!... Alice! Wait!” They both jump out of the car and reach me before I can make it to the front door. I sigh and turn to face them,

“Yes?”

Bella stares at me with pity and sympathy, but also gratitude. “Thank you. I just wanted to say thanks for not telling your parents about Edward and I.”

I roll my eyes, “You know my being pregnant doesn’t distract me from that face that your ruining your life by dropping out of school and running away. So don’t thank me, because I hate being the excuse you and Edward have to leave.”

“Your not Ali-“

“Yes I am!!” I scream at them.

Rosalie speaks up next, “Alice… I-I was just wondering if your going to keep the baby? Or are you putting it up for adoption?” I turn to Rosalie and try to calm down. I shouldn’t explode on them. I cant blame them for this problem, it’s mine and I need to deal with it my way.

“Yes, I am keeping my baby. No offense, but this is not up for discussion and it’s none fo your business. You may love my brothers and my brothers may love you back, but we’re not sisters. So I have nothing to share with you.”

“But we will be though,” Bella says grabbing onto my hand. I shake her hand off and back away.

“Until then, this has nothing to do with you, or my brother. Just me, Jacob, my parents and his dad.” I run back inside not wanting to speak with them any longer. My main focus was to send the letter and I did. I run back upstairs and into my room with, fortunately, no one to bother me. Closing and locking it, I slide down the door and place my head in my hands…

Where will I go from here?

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 7.1K 130
After the traumatic break up between JJ and her husband Will, she has been through hard times being a single mother of a 6 year old. One day a man sl...
55.5K 850 28
Why did this man have to rape me. NEVER in my life, did I play with the heart of other people. I was never the girl, who slept around. I wanted to fi...
103K 2.9K 27
When a girl named Elijah is sent to 'hell' by her father she is abused and treated like a dog. She doesn't have any friends. She knows what she is, w...
238K 6.5K 24
When Alana attended her first high school party she had the most life altering experience of her life. Not only did she lose her virginity, (both par...