When Everything Disappears (C...

By myheartsmistake

She doesn't remember anything. Their first date, their first kiss, the first time he bought her flowers, thei... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Reminder
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
The Epilogue
~ IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ ~
Official Playlist

Chapter 15

270K 2.9K 675
By myheartsmistake

Chapter 15:

*Brook*

I stared out across the park that Niall had taken me too earlier. It was void of children, since it was ten pm. I swung back and forth a bit on the swing. I felt moist tears trailing down my cheek, but at that moment, I didn't even care. Niall's words echoed in my mind. I was pregnant. We were going to have a baby boy.

It felt fake. It felt like it wasn't possible. There was no way I could have been pregnant and not remember it. This was all a bad dream. It had to be a prank Louis put together. Throwing me into a world and pretending he was a massive singer. Having someone pretend he was my boyfriend. 

But I knew it wasn't a prank. There was no way this could all just be a joke. I just didn't want it to be real. 

"Hey." The sound of a familiar British accent pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Josh? What are you doing here?" 

"Niall called me. He, uh, told me what happened and that you probably didn't want to talk to him at the moment. He asked me to come." Josh said as he sat down on the swing next to me.

"How'd you find me?" I questioned.

"Apparently you went to a park when... It first happened. Plus you took one of our drivers."

"Oh." I shrugged, not really caring too much. It was sweet of Niall to have Josh come and make sure I was okay. I just really needed to let the information soak in.

"Are you okay?" His voice was soft as he looked at me.

"Never been better." I laughed bitterly. I pressed my face against the cool metal of the swing. I let my eyes flutter shut, trying to squeeze back the tears.

"Don't bottle up your feelings. You know you can talk to me." Josh's gentle voice prodded.

My eyes popped open and I stared angrily at the sand. "You don't understand! No one understands! How am I supposed to just.. Take everything everyone is telling me? Or not telling? First off, no one felt like freaking tell me that I had a boyfriend. Oh, then I was pregnant with my boyfriend's baby. Which ended up dying! I can't handle it. I can't. I don't think I can deal with anything else I've missed in the last three years."

"Come here." Josh instructed, getting off the swing and standing right in front of me. I reluctantly obeyed and the second I was up, his arms were wrapped around me. I let all the tears out then, clutching onto him tightly and burying my face into his neck.

"Why me?" 

"Let it out, babe. Shh. Let it out." He soothed, a hand rubbing and down my back.

We stayed in an embrace for a while longer, long enough that when I eventually pulled away, his shirt was soaked with my tears. I noticed a few water droplets on his own cheeks. 

"You're going to get through this. I know you can. I'll be there for you, every step of the way." He stated, a hand reaching up to brush away the tears. My breath hitched as his eyes bore into mine.

"Josh.." I trailed off before telling him what I decided before he arrived.

~~~

"Brooklyn!" Louis' exclaimed the second I walked into our hotel room.

I forced a weak smile. He jumped off his spot on the couch and pulled me into his chest. I wrapped my arms around his waist and leaned my cheek against his shoulder.

"I was worried." He mumbled into my hair.

"I know." 

"I'm really sorry that we didn't tell you earlier." Louis said apologetically as we pulled away from each other.

"Yeah, well.." I shrugged before making my way to the couch in my crutches. Once settled I pulled my iPhone out of my pocket. I still wasn't used to this new technology.

To Josh:

I'm telling them now.. Come support? :/

To Niall/Liam/Zayn/Harry:

Come to Louis and I's room ASAP please. xx

"You okay, Brook?" Louis inquired as he flopped himself next to me.

"Peachy keen."

"Are you going to hole yourself up again?" Louis sighed, running a hand through his already messy hair.

"Again?" I asked.

"Uh. Yeah. You kind of holed yourself up after that doctor visit. That's why you started touring with us. You couldn't stand being at home thinking about the what ifs. I think you were tired of all the questions about you being okay, too."

"Ah." I replied, starting to pick at my fingernails.

A knock sounded on the door and Louis raised an eyebrow at me before going to answer it. I heard the familiar voices of Niall and Josh. Moments later Zayn, Liam and Harry had arrived.

"And now is when Brook goes 'I bet you're wondering why I gathered you all here today.'" Harry joked as the six of them settled themselves in the living. 

I stood up with my crutches and looked to Josh for support. He nodded and mouthed, 'You can do it.'

"Everything okay, love?" Liam asked when he noticed my shaky breath.

"I know this is going to be hard to hear, heck, it's hard for me to say. I know I don't know you as well as you know me, but I've grown pretty close to you in the past few weeks. It really means a lot that you've helped me try to remember. But.. I can't stay here anymore. It's too hard, especially with me not really knowing anything."

"What exactly are you saying?" Louis asked.

"I'm going home tomorrow. Paul booked the flight. I just think it'd be easier for me to be somewhere where I know my surroundings. Don't think it's because of you guys, you've all be nothing but kind to me. But I just can't stay any longer. I'm sorry." I said calmly, although there was a slight tremor in my hands.

"What can we do to make you stay?" Niall practically begged to know, tears welling up in his eyes. It tore my heart.

"There isn't anything. I'm really sorry, but I need to go home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103 0 10
She hadn't seen him for a while but then he comes back. What happens? No copyright to "Games of Thrones", some spoilers. Sorry.
201 22 40
She had seen so much bad in the world. More than most can even quess. She had given up in everything. She had nothing. Until someone amazing came alo...
8.5K 250 24
What happens when you love everything about someone, but can do nothing about it?
352K 22.2K 141
He loves her with every fiber of his being, but even then he leaves her brokenhearted... Her heart no longer beats for him, yet she can't see him bro...