The Decision of Mr. Billionai...

By MidnightRain_9

Samaara Varma, a 24 year old, naive, beautiful, quiet, independent girl residing in Vancouver with her mother... More

The Decision of Mr . Billionaire
Character Aesthetics
CHAPTER 1: "Can't I stay for any longer?"
CHAPTER 2: "Has This Best Friend Of Yours' Proposed To Her, Yet?"
CHAPTER 3: "I Feel Like The Destiny Is Taking Us There."
CHAPTER 4: "You haven't changed, Ira. Exactly the same."
CHAPTER 5: "Mom. Nothing. I'll Tell You Later."
CHAPTER 6: "Do you remember Samaara?"
CHAPTER 7: "Right. I wasn't expecting this."
CHAPTER 8: "I see a Chemistry in Business."
CHAPTER 9: "He's a Billionaire. What Do You Expect?"
CHAPTER 10: "I'm just an employee here."
CHAPTER 11: "My name is Samaara Varma."
CHAPTER 12: "What? How come I never knew about this?"
CHAPTER 13: "I think there is a problem in the company's security system."
CHAPTER 14: "Why did I find you fainted on the road today?"
CHAPTER 15: "I Never Considered You for Stubborn."
CHAPTER 16: "But I'm Not Invited."
CHAPTER 17: "My Dad died when I was Fifteen."
CHAPTER 18: "No Ira-Mom's Dying."
CHAPTER 20: "I can't even imagine that day when he will win against me."
CHAPTER 21: "And that's a promise."
CHAPTER 22: "You're not serious, are you?"
CHAPTER 23: "Is it because of Samaara?"
CHAPTER 24: "I can't do anything else but hope."
CHAPTER 25: "Do not teach me my work, Mr Patterson!"
CHAPTER 26: "I'll get married."
Chapter 27: "Okay well, Congratulations Sir and Mrs Malhotra"
CHAPTER 28: "Mom. I can't divorce Samaara anymore.
CHAPTER 29: "But you're not a guest."
CHAPTER 30: "She's a Responsibility Because She's Now My Wife."
CHAPTER 31: "That's None of Your Business."
CHAPTER 32: "Uh, Please Call Me Samaara."
CHAPTER 33: "His Money is Your Money so it Really Doesn't Matter."
CHAPTER 34: "You Don't Need to, Honestly, She's Your Mom."
CHAPTER 35: "I Wish I Could Say the Same About You, Akshara."
CHAPTER 36: "It's a Mocktail Not a Cocktail, Samaara."
Chapter 37:"You Should Leave the New Married Couple Alone for a Couple of Weeks"
CHAPTER 38: "I Can't Technically Go Against Her."
CHAPTER 39: "I Can't Particularly Steal You From My Cousin."
CHAPTER 40: "We Can Go On a Double Date?"
CHAPTER 41: "Ahan, you don't have to change your choice because of me."
CHAPTER 42: "You know I'm clearly not interested in arguing with you, Samaara."
New Story

CHAPTER 19:"My qualifications were snatched from me, alright?"

1.2K 73 7
By MidnightRain_9

Author

Ahan and Nathan paced back and forth in the hospital building as the doctor was yet to give results. Apparently doctors were still in the OT treating Samaara's mother and Samaara couldn't keep her self contained from thinking all sorts of negatives.

"Aunt is going to be okay Samaara. You're going to get through this, okay?" Ira consoles her and places her hand on Samaara's shoulder as she gives Ira a small, unbelieving nod.

Ahan and Nathan turn to look at them as Samaara keeps her head in her palms in worry. Ira gives them a glance and shakes her head at them as if signaling them that she's still not fine.

"Here, you haven't ate anything from the morning." Neel offers her a cup of hot chocolate as she simply shakes her head, giving him a small smile.

"Samaara. Neel's right. You need to stay strong. Look when aunt gets better, she'll still be weak and if she sees you weak in front of her, she's not gonna like it." Ira informs as Samaara shakes her head again.

"But that's the thing Ira, the doctors have been in there from the last two hours and they don't seem to give us any good news. How am I supposed to think that everything is fine when it's not," Samaara lets out a worried sigh. "Everything is not fine, no matter what all of you say, she's-sh-she's dying and I can sense it. I can feel it, Ira. And you know what the worst part is, I can't do anything about it." Ira and Ahan share a glance before he lets out a deep sigh and settles in the chair next to Samaara.

"You've seen her in enough pain, Samaara," his soothing voice interrupts her trail of thoughts. She snaps her head to look at him as he maintains his gaze on the wall ahead of him. "Wouldn't you want to see her in a better place?" He finally turns to look at her as she maintains their gaze. "I know I can't try and understand what you're even going through right now but I do feel the worry and concern that you're feeling. And that remorse is clear in your eyes." He continues to look at her as she turns her eyes back onto her hands.

"You're feeling guilty because you think that you didn't succeed in saving your Mom or making her better but I can guarantee you that if she was conscious right now and looking at you, all you would see is satisfaction." She scrunches her eyesbrows slightly in confusion. "Satisfaction of seeing you happy, and in a better place." She snaps her eyes away again upon hearing him.

"How do you know that?" She whispers as he gives her another glance before shifting his eyes on his phone that suddenly started to ring. 

"I came to visit her the other day when I found out about her being in the hospital. I came here to deal with all her fees but at the same time, I also just wanted to let her know that her daughter is completely fine and she will be even in future." He adds before getting up to answer his call. She sits there speechless upon hearing his words. They were so honest and caring that she had no other reason to question him as to why he visited her mother.

Ahan walks away as Ira, Nathan, Neel and Niam exchange content smiles seeing Ahan reassuring Samaara. 

Couple of minutes later as Ahan gets off his call, his phone chimes again revealing a text from Priya.

Samaara has no graduation certificates to prove that she's actually been an IT student. So she's not actually qualified for her job due to her lack of qualifications. She got her job in your company because of connections not on her own through hard work.

Ahan's confusion has no limits as he reads through Priya's text. What does she mean by all this? How did she know? And why would Samaara do that? Is Samaara really lying to him just for the job or is there something more to it?

All sorts of questions were running through his mind upon reading Priya's one single text. He looks up to see Samaara staring at the OT room's door, impatiently waiting for the doctor to come out and worry is clearly visible on her face. She can't definitely act all this out. He thinks and giving her a one more glance, he strides off from there.

Dialing Priya's number, he presses the phone close to his ears and steps out in the cool air, away from all of them.

"Well you seemed to call when I accuse Samaara for betraying you." Priya chuckles on the other side causing him to take a deep breath upon hearing her.

"Cut the crap and come to the point." He orders.

"Well which point? The one where I tell you how I found out about Samaara or the point where I tell you her reason for all of this?"

"I know you don't have an answer for as to why she did what she did so just answer my first goddam question. How did you find out?" He presses his lips together to control his anger on Priya. She was really starting to irritate him by her words and he didn't want to say something that would really upset her.

"It was simple. I did what you didn't do which you should have done. I checked her documents, how surprising. There were no certificates in her documents and I know for a fact that your company has a rule to keep every employee's qualification in their personal documents and then I read through the criteria from her interview where Mr Reed wrote the reason for hiring her." She halts as 555 reason?"

 "All he said was that she was hardworking. The actual reason should also have included the fact that she is qualified and he could have said that as the reason for her getting the job but it didn't include any of that. Don't you think that's weird? And so it's clear that her lack of qualifications was the reason why Reed didn't do it. So basically it means that she's not educated enough for the job in your company."

Ahan seemed quiet for a couple of seconds, taking in every word of Priya, still unsure whether everything he found out in the matter of just a few minutes was correct.

- - - - -

 As Ahan walked back to Nathan and everyone else after sometime, they all notice the doctor coming out of the operation theatre. And they all quickly rush to him to know the results.

"Miss Varma, your mother's heart rate is normal right now," he starts as Samaara breaths a sigh of relief. "But this surgery is unpredictable. She's unconscious right now and if everything from us has gone correct then she should wake up in 48 hours, may be even earlier but she can take 48 hours to wake up too. But if she doesn't wake up in that time then our surgery would have been said unsuccessful and we're really sorry if that happens. It just all depends on how well your mother's body has taken these medicines and chemicals." Her face is clearly in shock upon hearing the doctor and so as everyone else's with her.

"How can you say if she doesn't wake up then you're sorry? Is that all you have? Sorry? For a three hour surgery? For so many weeks' treatment?" She asks unable to register his words.

"Miss Varma, I said she might wake up, give her 48 hours. We have tried our best. The rest we'll just have to wait and see the result."

"What have you tried! Why couldn't you completely fix her then? Why is there still a chance for her to die! This surgery should've been successful!" She completely loses her patience shocking everyone around through her tone. 

Why couldn't they make her well? What was so hard?

"You need to calm down Miss Varma. You can't lose hope, yet."

"I've kept my hope until now! Every time I come here, I come with a hope that at least she would have improved a little today but I'm not getting that. Everyday I'm getting to know that she's worsening. And today, all this and suddenly you tell me that she might die!" She exhales loudly as the doctor gives her a sorry look. "Please do something Doctor. I can't lose her. Please. Improve her." She says slowly as Ira holds her firmly, comforting her. The Doctor gives them a sorry look again.

"All we can do is wait and see if your mother wakes up." He says before walking away from them, leaving all of them in shock. 

Ahan shifts his eyes over to Samaara to see her trying to hold on to the hope. How can he question her about the certificates right now when she's broken and unable to even hold herself?

He didn't want to question her but he knew that if he didn't do it now, he wouldn't be fair to Priya. He didn't want to take any sides either but he didn't have any other choice.

"Samaara, we have two days, she will wake up, don't worry." Ira holds her tight in her arms as Samaara nods at her slowly.

"She'll get better, Samaara." Niam reassures as Neel also joins with him in an attempt to comfort her.

"You should come home with me and have a little break from all this. It'll make you feel better." Ira suggests as Samaara immediately shakes her head to refuse. 

"I don't want to leave her alone." She says as Ira nods. 

"But you need to have your mind off this, just come home and rest so that your mind is not constantly worrying."

"If she goes home, she's not going to do anything but worry. Samaara you should go to work, may be it'll divert your attention from all this?" Neel suggests as Ira agrees with him. 

"Yeah you should go to work. It will help in diverting your mind." Nathan joins as Samaara unconvincingly nods. She knows that she's not going to be able to focus on anything other than her Mom right now, but she still gives into all their suggestions. 

"Come on, I'll take you as I drop Ira off at home." Neel informs. Nathan was going to head back to his company as well as Ahan and Niam but since they both and Neel drove in different cars, that's why Neel suggested to give Samaara a ride to the office. 

- - - - - 

"I don't think it's a good idea to ask Samaara anything right now," Niam proposes as Ahan nods in unison. Niam, Neel and Ahan were presently in his office as he revealed to them what Priya told him about Samaara. He didn't clearly trust Priya due to her hatred towards Samaara from the beginning and that's why he wanted to check on his own whether what she said was correct and unfortunately, it was all true when he rechecked. 

"I know Bhaiya. I'm not going to question her about this until everything gets better." Ahan informs as they nod. 

"There should be a definite reason why she doesn't have all those certificates with her." Neel joins causing Ahan to nod. 

"There is. I've known Samaara enough to know that she's not at fault," he begins as his eyes shift to the door opening ahead. "But being bound by law and being the CEO, I'll have to question her." He finishes as Priya gives him a smirk upon hearing him. 

"You're taking the right decision, Ahan." She speaks as Ahan lets out a frustrated sigh upon seeing her. She takes a brief glance towards Niam and Neel before gesturing towards the door. 

"She should be here any moment." 

"You called Samaara? Why the hell did you do that?" She was testing Ahan's patience every passing second. "I wasn't going to ignore whatever I've learnt about her, just right now is not the time to ask her anything." His piercing cold glare made Priya mad. 

"But I can't wait any longer to see you question and insult her in front of me." Her voice was very slow and careful as she smirked again and he shook his head at her. 

"You're not telling her anything, Priya-" his sentence was interrupted upon hearing the knock on the office door. "Come in." He added as Samaara walked in diverting everyone's attention towards her. She looked dull and clearly lifeless. 

It was evidently not a good time to say anything to her right now. Ahan thought upon seeing her as she walked further inside. 

"Why did you call me here Priya?" She asked turning to look at her as Priya shot her a glare. 

"I'm your senior, show some respect and call me ma'am." She shot as Samaara's eyes focused on the ground, unable to answer Priya. 

"Shut. Up. Priya." Ahan greeted out as Neel stood up and offered Samaara his seat. She simply sat down there, keeping her eyes on the glass table in front of her. Priya gave Ahan a glare before turning to face Samaara again. 

"You're no longer a poor simple girl now," she began as the guys shook their heads at Priya. "Because the thing that you've been hiding from us for this long is no longer a secret." Samaara's back stiffened as soon as those words hit her ears. "Where are your certificates, huh? Or let me guess you're just another uneducated wench who just needed a job in the world's one of the richest state's richest company without doing any work, no?" Samaara's eyes just stayed at the table as Priya's voice continued to hurt her. "I swear it was probably you who tried to disrupt the company's security system so you could steal couple thousands of dollars from the company." Ahan's fists tightened as Priya's words continued to distress all of them. "You even probably had a plan to impress Ahan so you could have your way with him and get everything you ever wanted! Tell me, what was your plan, huh? How were you going to trap Ahan into your cruel plan to get him to love you, huh? Or were you just going to allure him towards you and then leave as-"

"JUST SHUT THE HELL UP PRIYA!" She was immediately disrupted by Ahan's furious tone as Samaara stayed glued to her place, unable to move or even say anything. Tears strived to fall any moment of her eyes. Priya looked astonished upon hearing Ahan's raised voice as he shot her stern daggers, his boiling eyes making her nervous. "I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR STUPIDITY AND INSESNTIVE WORDS. I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T KEEP YOUR MOUTH SILENT RIGHT NOW THEN THE CONSEQUENCES WON'T BE GOOD." His voice quietens down towards the end but his warning still manages to terrify Priya. 

He'd never raised his voice like that before. Not at her at least. 

"But she needs to answer my questions Ahan, I'm not going anywhere until-"

"No Priya! What part of keeping quiet do you not understand? I'm sick and tired of you keep ignoring me! So Just shut the hell up!" 

"What part of she needs to answer me do you not understand Ahan? This girl needs to be shown her real place," she gritted her teeth as she looked down to glance at Samaara, whose eyes were already glassy and she was struggling to keep her tears from falling. "Just tell me! Why the hell did you lie and did this! Just tell us the reason-"

"BECAUSE THEY WERE TAKEN FROM ME!" Samaara finally answers, unable to listen to Priya's blames anymore. Ahan, Neel and Niam look at her in astonishment as Priya smirks upon getting the answer out of Samaara. Samaara's tearful eyes continue to stare at the table as more tears start falling from her eyes. "My qualifications were snatched from me, alright?" She snaps her gaze towards Priya for the first time. "And why that happened is none of your business to know so you can get out from here. I know Ahan needs answers and I will answer him." She says and shifts her eyes over to him as his deep gaze continues to stare at her in great perplexity. "I will also answer Niam Bhaiya and Neel as well but I will not answer you." Samaara turns back to look at Priya again. "Because you don't deserve any answers from me. So I will not answer you." Her eyes turn back to Ahan, requesting him with her eyes to tell Priya to leave. 

"That's your queue to leave Priya." Ahan snaps his eyes over to Priya as she glares at Samaara before shifting her eyes back to Ahan. "And just to give you a head start, you're demoted." He informs causing her a giant shock. 

"What?" He nods. 

"You've not just disrespected me more than once but also insulted Samaara. And instead of keeping an employee's confidentiality private, you lied, broke the law and got Samaara's files which is a considerable breach for the company. I can clearly see that you're not capable of your position or capable of leading anyone under you with respect or care so I demote you from your position today and right now." He firmly states as Priya shakes her head at Ahan unbelievably before she barges out of his office like a fire. 

He lets out a long sigh before turning back to look at Samaara whose tears seem to slowly have stop falling. 

"I'm really sorry for what Priya just did, Samaara," he begins as she continues to look at her palms. "I should have stopped her before any of this happened." He shakes his head in frustration. 

"It's not your fault," she slowly looks up at him as he patiently waits for her to continue. "I knew this was going to happen sooner or later." She takes a deep breath before giving both Niam and Neel a glance. 

"Can you please call Ira here." She asks as Neel gives her a nod before grabbing his phone to call Ira. 

* * * * *

YOU CAN'T START THE NEXT CHAPTER OF YOUR LIFE IF YOU KEEP RE-READING YOUR LAST ONE.

* * * * *

Lot's of things are going to be revealed in the next few chapters so keep reading. I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

783K 29.2K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...
81.2K 3.2K 31
"Biwi, biwi lagti hai yeh meri. Aur kuch sunna hai?" ***** "Jab biwi nahi thi tab itna farq parra tha ab to biwi ho" ****** " tumhara hi hu , andar b...
751K 22.6K 40
β€’ BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES β€’ β€’ COMPLETED β€’ β€’ STANDALONE β€’ ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
141K 5.6K 35
Daksh Malhotra - a womanizer and a ruthless billionaire - tears apart the life of Asmita Sharma - a vivacious and ambitious young woman - when he fin...