A Vampire's Life Book 7

By xMishx

Book seven in the 'A Vampire's Life' series is a tale about Lucian Eliade Leonte, the first born son of the q... More

Hello!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
A word from the author

Chapter 13

2K 201 5
By xMishx

In the ball room Alina was in deep discussion with Terrance, Miranda and Josie about her idea. It was a simple idea but she needed approval from all of them in order to make it pass as law. All of them agreed, on a few provisos, seeing how much Lucian had changed just by the presence of this woman. They held hope that he would meet their requirements. The staff had removed most of the tables, leaving just the main table that the heads had sat at during the meeting. Lucian re-entered the ball room, finding the four of them waiting for him.

'Lucian, please sit.' his mother said warmly.

'Tell us of what is going on between you and the girl.' Terrance was always firm with his words, never mucking about.

'Not much.' he shrugged 'Just kisses at the moment.'

'But the future?' Miranda prompted.

'I don't know; I mean I do see a future with her but I don't know what she wants.'

'Have you not read her mind?' Josie's turn now.

'I can't get in. I think Finn and Lorccán were able to though. I think she has had someone teach her really well.'

He frowned knowing exactly who had taught her. Lucian thought that words needed to be spoken to a certain family member about what he was teaching the humans.

'Yes.' Terrance hummed. 'She has shown great interest in our world, do you see this as a promising sign?'

'I do.'

'Did I hear her talk of studies?'

'Yes, she did a vampiric course during her studies, studying Phabel's work. She knew a fair number of things already but not the politics.'

'Do you think that she is interested in vampiric politics?'

'Yes, I do think she is. Can I ask where you lot are going with this?'

'Lucian, you know my many tasks are rather taxing on me, I know I have too much on my plate. Previously I have just accepted it as my duties and carried on as best I could but the change in your persona has given me hope that you might be ready for more than just... this.' she gestured to the grand ball room.

'We have discussed it and agreed to the idea and now we wish to speak with you about it and talk of the conditions if you accept.'

'Ok.'

'I suggested that you take over as ruler of Rostonin. You would become king of this land. What do you think?'

'I don't know actually, what are the conditions?'

'Well for one, there is no returning to the days of old, no more harem, no more cheating on your girlfriend. The next is the narcotics and the drinking. That needs to stop without question. The next relates to that girl, have you fed from her?'

'No.'

'So you don't know if she's your mate?'

'Does she need to be?'

'No not really. It would just be more intense for you, that's all. If you aren't interested in finding your true life mate, then so be it. So, the girl?'

'It's a bit soon to be making a call on that one, isn't it?'

'You tell us son. In your mind you've already married her.'

Lucian cringed, knowing his mother had been in his mind and he didn't even know. She was so quiet and careful; he would never know unless she told him.

'How about this...' Terrance interjected 'In the time that she is here, begin the courting process, bed her if you want, feed from her to check and then at the end of her stay decide what you want. It isn't necessary for you to be married to ascend to the throne but the philandering has to stop.'

'They never stopped.' he pointed to his mother, knowing of the way that it had been in the early days of his parents' marriage.

'What we are referring to is the cheating, what happened with Ariella cannot happen again. We are lucky that they are good people and didn't want to cause a fuss. You know that they could have made the entire debacle of your relationship with her very public. We will not sit by and let this happen again Lucian. What happened with your father, Finn and I was an agreement and as expected, it ran its course and became old and stale. What I have with your father now is our perfect love and I want nothing more than a life with him and no one else. If you and your love make such an agreement, then so be it. So long that it is private and there is no issue of it being made public. What you agree to means nothing to anyone but yourselves. But just so you know, it hurt. When Finn decided to end it, I was heartbroken. Do you want that?'

'No.'

Lucian huffed as he flicked his hand through his hair.

'So, just one woman, no drugs, no excessive drinking, is that it?'

'Yes, of course as ruler you would still be bound to the laws of our people just like everyone else, there is no exception to you just because you are the son of the ruler.'

'I wouldn't expect it.'

'Excellent. We will meet again on Friday, heads of council only I think.' Miranda waited for agreement.

'Of course.' Alina agreed.

'Seeing as she is still human we will meet here. Oh, Lucian one final addition to that, if you chose Danika, she will have to turn.'

'And her career?'

'Well, her role as queen would have a few duties but nothing too heavy, that would be your role. So I suppose for a few years it would be ok. Then again, creating some children would be ideal too, so that would need to be kept in mind.'

Lucian frowned at Terrance, he hadn't thought of children. He didn't know if he was in the right place in his mind to be considering them just yet.

'If you decide that she is the one, when you approach her about it, you should mention these things to her. If she hesitates, remind her of Scarlett, she has managed to juggle her duties as queen and continue her career, raising children. It's not impossible, it just requires a great deal of time management.'

'If she agrees, then we will need to meet with her and speak to her directly, ok?' Alina smiled at her son.

Lucian nodded wondering how he would speak with Danika about this.

**************************

Lucian knocked on her door quietly, wondering if she was asleep already. Seconds later the door opened, a frantic Danika looked up at him.

'Are you ok?'

'I'm fine.' he grinned 'I thought you might want to get a head start on those dance lessons.'

'Uh, ok. Do I need shoes or something?'

'We might start with bare feet tonight and progress to shoes tomorrow.'

Danika wrapped the dressing gown around her body and quickly followed after him. The house was eerily quiet when everyone had retired for the night, she could understand why they were a little freaked out by the place. Light from the moon shone bright through the windows that sat behind the alcove. It framed the light in an arch shape over the wood floor, stretching for quite some distance.

'Lights on or off?'

'Either is fine.'

'Off then. I think a basic waltz should be sufficient. Watch the steps.'

She watched as he moved in a very basic pattern and then waited for her to mimic it. He watched as she started off ok and then got it wrong.

'Again.' he showed her.

As he watched her he wondered if bringing in help would be beneficial. Though there was only one person that he knew could dance well enough to teach. Lucian didn't want Ariella anywhere near the place again, knowing she would be returning tomorrow night was bad enough. He decided that he would persevere and he would have Danika dancing perfectly by tomorrow afternoon. Lucian moved behind her, taking her by the hips, guiding her through the movements.

'Do you see the pattern?' he whispered in a husky tone.

Danika nodded as she closed her eyes, feeling unease wash through her, his proximity was killing her. He made it worse when he moved to the front of her. Lucian took her hand and pulled her to his body, he could feel the anxiety ripple through her. Here she was again, in his arms. Only this time they were alone, in the poorly lit room. Lucian was still wearing the same clothes from the meeting, still looking gorgeous. Slowly he prompted her to move her foot, taking that first tentative step.

By the time they had danced for an hour, the moon had moved higher. Its silvery shine had left their dance space and now they were engulfed in darkness. Very little light shone through the room but it didn't bother Lucian, he had his talisman in his arms. Although, she was looking rather tired. He relented on her, knowing that they would have a full day of practising this again and then filming it in the afternoon.

***********************

By morning Lucian was tired, having spent the majority of the night staring at the ceiling above his bed. He hadn't searched out any of his vices, he was far too distracted with the thoughts of that conversation. At some point in the night he had heard his door open and close, the padding of her feet over the wood floors. Danika couldn't keep herself away, she had some kind of magnetic pull to him, drawing her in and keeping her attention. They had talked for hours, every single thing that haunted Lucian, he told her. Everything about his past was laid out for her, nothing was kept from her. Except for the conversation with the council, he didn't know what he wanted to do in regards to that. He had no clue as to how he could talk to her about it. They had kissed a few times but that was it. He wanted more but he didn't want to rush it, fearing she would freak out about his fangs.

As part of their conversation, she told him of her past, her own inner demons that caused her hell. Hers were nothing by comparison but it was enough for her to tell him. When she yawned he dragged her down to the bed and pulled her to his body. She slept in his arms for hours, to Lucian it was the best few hours that he had ever experienced. Nestled hard against his side, her arm laid over his bare chest, her fingers toyed with the edge of the hair by his neck. He could feel her soft breath warming his skin, her whole body warmed him. His fingers trailed over her back feeling the soft material of her tank top, moving to her hair. It was like silk, beautiful long strands of black ribbons. As he laid on the bed with Danika in his arms, he returned to staring at the ceiling. His mind was filled with questions and thoughts flowing through, it never stopping for a moments peace. He didn't know how to approach the whole situation. Lucian liked the thought of ascending to the throne earlier than expected, he liked the thought that his mother trusted him enough to give over the kingdom. And that the heads of council agreed too, that was promising. He worried what his siblings would say or rather, what they might do. Would they be like Gavril and kill him just to get the crown? He didn't think that they would but he figured his grandfather probably thought the same of his younger brother.

Lucian could feel his body tighten with anxiety over the situation. It wasn't just the thoughts of jealous siblings; it was the vices that he had to get rid of. The things that they had suggested to be changed weren't exactly easy but it wasn't as if he couldn't do it. He had already thought of giving the alcohol and drugs away, not trusting his hazy mind around Danika. And as for the endless women, they had already departed, his lust for meaningless sex had passed and now all he wanted was her. One beautiful green eyed, raven haired woman. But how would he approach her?

Danika had stirred just before dawn; Lucian's constant fidgeting was keeping her from a deep sleep. He gently suggested to her that for a few hours she return to her own bed, assuring her he would be fine. Sleepily she nodded and trudged back to her own bed. Lucian laid back onto the bed, continuing to stare at the ceiling for hours, thinking about Danika. How to win her affection. How to get her past the view that he was a womanising drugged out bastard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 1.8K 16
Quinn Winters never believed her crazy mother's stories, never believed that the things that go bump in the night were real. At Twenty three she want...
158K 14K 45
Scarlett is the hottest punk singer on the charts, her success and fame is world wide. She thinks that her world is performing for her adoring fans...
24.4K 1.5K 58
Lunas are revered. Lunas are loved. Lunas are protected. Chosen by Alpha of the Southern River Border, Isabel is none of these. Isabel cleans herse...
81.2K 7K 33
Ariella doesn't want to love a human, they have ruined her world, tried to steal from her, taken those she loved away from her and made her life diff...