Project Ugly// l.h au

By loosends

In which a girl who has decided to go all natural meets an arrogant blonde boy who only wants to be her frien... More

Project Ugly// Luke Hemmings au
0.1// Chemistry
0.2// Luck
0.4// Nerves
0.5// Or Nah
0.6// Lucas
0.7// Angel
0.8// Friendly
0.9// Intoxicated
1.0// The Morning After
1.1// Complications
1.2// Vices and Virtues
1.3// Confessions
1.4// Advice
1.5// Slip Ups
1.6// Temporary Bliss
1.7// Revealed
1.8// Don't Wanna Be Your Friend I Wanna Kiss Your Neck
1.9// Stay
2.0// Sugar We're Going Down
2.1// Control
2.2// Pancakes
2.3// Dinner
Please Read!!!!!!
2.4// Prompose
2.5// Prom
2.6// Teenage Drama Queen
2.7// Girl That You Love
2.8// Deadly Conversation
2.9// Holy
3.0// Coming Down
3.1// Strange Love
3.2// She's My Winona
// Character Ask //
// Q&A //
3.3// Life's Not Out to Get You
3.4// Mileage
Epilogue

0.3// Delivery

19.6K 510 420
By loosends

Melody had gotten through the rest of the school day in peace. She was currently at her locker, Nikki and Autumn talking in her ear about their days. They were coming over Melody's house, partially because they didn't like taking the bus and Melody was the only one who drove. Before leaving the school, Melody spotted Luke with his girlfriend. Which confused her a bit since they had just gotten into a fight at lunch, but she brushed it off. 

After the three girls got situated in the car, and Nikki stopped complaining about how Autumn always got the front seat, Melody started driving home.

"So, lunch was interesting today," Nikki commented. Autumn nodded. Melody didn't say anything, because she knew where this was leading. Another conversation about blonde boy. 

"You made his girlfriend jealous, Mel," Autumn said, wiggling her eyebrows, and Nikki laughed from the back seat.

"I didn't make his girlfriend anything," Melody huffed, "She was just mad, and took it out on me because I was next to him." 

Autumn and Nikki both laughed. Melody knew it was useless, they weren't going to stop bothering her about Luke.

"I liked the one with the purple hair better," Melody stated, Luke had mentioned that his name was Michael. Melody remembered him from her previous years of high school, he had always switched the colors of his hair. She thought it was pretty cool that he had the courage to dye it crazy colors.

"Yeah," Autumn trailed off, Melody knew just from her tone of voice that she didn't agree with her previous statement. Melody reached for the volume knob to turn on some music. She'd made a mix tape, because she hated listening to the radio because they played Dark Horse at least five times per hour. She thought that the radio ruined songs by over playing them, so she stuck to her own music. A song by Twenty One Pilots was playing, and Melody tapped her fingers along to the beat. She was about to sing along but Nikki had beat her to it. Melody had both of her friends hooked on this band, and she smiled to herself as Nikki sang along.

"I'll stay awake, 'cause the dark's not taking prisoners tonight!" She sang loudly, and off key.

"I'll tell them why won't you let me go?" Autumn and Melody joined in. This was mostly what their friendship consisted of; really awful singing, and talking about boys. 

"I can't believe you got me to like this," Autumn motioned to the radio. "I don't usually listen to music like this." 

"Yeah, because you listen to the bubble gum pop shit," Nikki giggled. Melody and Nikki had the same music taste for the most part, but Autumn on the other hand loved listening to Dark Horse over and over again on the radio. Melody parked her car in front of her house, and the three girls hopped out and walked into Mel's house. 

"Hey," Melody greeted her mother who was sitting in the living room watching the food network. 

"How was your first day?" Her mother asked turning around and lowering the volume on the television.

"It was okay," before Melody could really finish Nikki was already telling her mother about Luke. Melody rolled her eyes and walked into the kitchen. Melody couldn't understand why Autumn and Nik were so obsessed with her and Luke. He had a girlfriend, and Melody wasn't into him. After getting a bag of goldfish, Melody returned to the living room and sat down next to her mother on the couch. 

"Sounds like you had an interesting day," Melody's mother told her. Melody just nodded and paid attention to the television. She did have a sweet spot for the cooking channel, how could you not, the food they made looked so damn good. "We're going to order pizza for dinner, if you girls want to stay you can," Melody's mom announced to the three girls. "We just have to wait until your dad gets home." 

A few shows, and stomach growls later, Melody's father came through the door. "Hi girls," he smiled, taking off his shoes and walking into the living room and sitting next to Melody.

"Pizza time!" Melody pleaded, rubbing her stomach. She was starving, the salad she had for lunch and the bag of goldfish she inhaled was not cutting it for her anymore.

"Yes, let me call," Melody's mother said standing up, and walking out of the room. 

"How was your day?" Mel's father asked her. Melody shot warning glances to her two friends, she did not want them to tell her dad about Luke.

"Boring, like usual," she shrugged.

"It's going to be half an hour," Mel's mom called from the kitchen. Melody groaned, she was so hungry. Nikki threw a decorative pillow at her, and Melody scowled.

"What was that for?" She muttered. Nikki shrugged, and giggled. Soon enough a pillow throwing war had broken out. Melody's father had backed out of the room at the start of it, he didn't want to get caught up in this lethal fight. Melody nailed Nikki in the face with a pillow, and doubled over in laughter. Until Autumn caught her off guard, and hit her off the side of the head with a pillow. Melody heard her mother yelling about how the girls better clean their mess up after, Melody laughed knowing that her mother would undoubtedly be the one cleaning up their mess but she didn't say anything.

The doorbell rang and all pillows were dropped, the pizza had arrived. "Mel, can you get that!" Her mom yelled from some distant room in the house. Melody rushed into the kitchen to grab the money on the table, and then rushed to the front door to grab the pizza. When she opened the door she went wide eyed, she stayed silent for a minute looking at the boy in front of her. Luke was her pizza boy.

"Fuck," he mumbled under his breath, and rubbed his hand down his face. Melody had snapped out of her trance and started laughing, like Luke had laughed in Chemistry earlier. Tears were rolling down her face, Luke was standing in front of her in his pizza boy uniform. He was in a little red and yellow striped hat and his shirt matched, he was wearing his same black skinny jeans but Melody thought it was too funny. "Can you stop laughing?" Luke whined.

Melody bit her lip, but she was still letting out small giggles. "You look so funny," she told him, giggling some more.

"What's taking so long, Melody?" Autumn called from the living room.

"I miss counted the money," Melody lied, she didn't want her friends to see Luke was the pizza boy. They would never stop asking to order pizza if they found out. 

"Lying is a sin, Melody," Luke scolded, and flashed her a smirk.

"That hat is a sin," Melody laughed, Luke's face dropped. "Sorry, here," she apologized, handing him the money to pay for the pizza and a tip. Luke handed her the three pizzas her mom had ordered.

"I hope it's not just you and your friends eating these," Luke laughed. 

"Nope. My mum, and dad too," Melody responded. "Well pizza boy, I think you have a job to go do."

Luke groaned, and took off his stupid hat, and ran his fingers through his now flattened hair. Out of all the houses he had to deliver to, it had to be Melody's. He sighed, "Yeah, enjoy your pizza, babe." Melody let out another laugh, she was awfully giggly right now. Maybe she loosened up after school, Luke thought.

"I can't take you seriously right now, bye, Luke," she said through laughs. Luke rolled his eyes and made his way down her steps to the car he had to drive, which was decorated with pictures of pizza. He looked back at Melody, who still hadn't closed the door. She was laughing even harder because she spotted the car. Luke let out a small laugh, he had to admit the car was pretty ridiculous. He got into the car and beeped the horn and drove off, as Melody closed the door.

She carried the pizza into the kitchen, still laughing because of Luke being the pizza boy. She wiped the tears that had left her eyes because she was laughing so hard and then called everyone in for dinner.

"Why were you laughing so hard?" Nikki asked through a mouth full of pizza. Melody scrunched up her nose, and put up her hand in front of her friends face so she didn't have to see Nikki's food in her mouth.

"The delivery guy almost dropped the pizza," Melody shrugged. Autumn looked appalled. "What?" Melody questioned.

"Why would you laugh at that, that's serious, Mel!" Everyone at the table laughed. Melody's friends left shortly after they were done with eating their pizza. Nikki's mom picked them both up, since her and Autumn lived close to each other. Melody made her way into her room and decided to check twitter for a bit until she went to sleep.

Luke finished his shift pretty late, a ton of people ordered pizza today. He walked through the door and took off his stupid uniform and threw it on a chair in the living room. "Mum, I'm home," Luke announced as he walked to the bathroom. Which he found occupied, so he pounded his fists against the door.

"I need the bathroom," he called to whoever was on the other side of the door.

"So do I," Jack yelled back. Luke sighed, and walked away, he wasn't getting in the bathroom anytime soon. He made himself comfortable in the living room, and texted Ashton about his shift at work. (Ashton had convinced Luke to keep his contact as the name he gave himself, and he also insisted that it rhymed.)

To: Ashton Fletcher the Lady Catcher
I don't think I've ever hated my work uniform than I do right now

To: Mucus Lucas
What happened did you try to pick up a cute girl in your piss yellow and rust red hat and shirt?

To: Ashton Fletcher the Lady Catcher
I had to deliver to Melody's house

To: Mucus Lucas
HAHAHAHAHHAHA THAT IS GOLD WHAT DID SHE DO

To: Ashton Fletcher the Lady Catcher
She laughed at me like you just did

To: Mucus Lucas
I think I like her when do I get to meet her

To: Ashton Fletcher the Lady Catcher
Never she would never hang out with me

To: Mucus Lucas
Poor little Lukey you found a girl that won't drop her panties for you

To: Ashton Fletcher the Lady Catcher
Shut up you ass

To: Mucus Lucas
Show me her tomorrow I'll make friends with her and we can all hang out

To: Ashton Fletcher the Lady Catcher
She won't like you

To: Mucus Lucas
You've known her for less than a day and you think you're the expert? Watch the lady catcher in action

To: Ashton Fletcher the Lady Catcher
I hate you

Luke heard the bathroom door open, signalling Jack was finally out. Luke looked at himself in the mirror and laughed, his hat hair was terrible. He started the shower and let the water warm up before stripping off his skinny jeans, (which he had trouble with every time, and he always ended up sitting on the toilet seat so he didn't fall over) and boxers. He stepped into the shower and relaxed. Luke's talk with the boys about breaking up with Ali helped, surprisingly. They had told him to wait until the weekend, so she had time to cool down and Luke didn't have to see her for two days. He agreed to the idea, and he was going to do it this Saturday. As much as he felt like an asshole for planning on breaking up with her over text, it was the only way he could do it without her going completely psycho on him. Luke also thought about Melody, he'd be pissed if Ashton got her instead of him. It wasn't in like a romantic way, but he would be jealous because Luke found Melody first. If she was going to be anyone's friend she would be Luke's first, and then maybe Ashton's if he was lucky. After Luke had cleansed himself he wrapped a towel around his waist and made his way into his room.

He tugged a pair of sweatpants up his legs, and rubbed the towel over his hair to dry it. Luke got into bed, and made a plan for tomorrow. He'd get Melody's number, and keep Ashton away from her as long as it took for them to become friends. Luke didn't know why he felt the need to become friends with Melody so badly, so he decided to blame it on Ashton wanting to be friends with her. Luke's competitive side was coming out, he was going to make Melody his friend no matter what the circumstance. 

------------

So Luke's not a total asshole. I was actually laughing while writing the pizza scene because imagine pizza boy Luke coming up to your house and he's all shy and he's trying to just give you the pizza and go because he's embarrassed of his uniform and his pizza-mobile WOW. I also laughed at the texts between Ashton and Luke because i can picture them giving each other stupid ass names in their phones. ASHTON FLETCHER THE LADY CATCHER I LITERALLY SNORTED WHEN I THOUGHT OF IT OKAY. This is slow right now because I'm setting something up so be patient. IM REALLY SO EXCITED TO WRITE THIS AND I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS AS MUCH AS ALWAYS SECOND BEST BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE THIS BOOK WILL BE SO MUCH BETTER. 

I'm also updating at a really weird time again, it's 4:30 in the morning. I always want to write really early in the morning I don't know why but yeah. I hope you liked this.

-Amanda

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523 24 23
Ashton was bestfriends with Jack ever since they were 2 years old. Then something happens Ashton meets this new girl who moved accross from him and h...
1.2K 117 19
18K 487 35
In which a broken girl and a home-searching boy are on a journey to find someone whose demons play well with others. © 2014 gillalmigh...
9.6K 227 44
[completed but spelling, grammar and slight edits in progress] in which a girl who wants to please the world and not feel so alone meets a boy who pu...