1. FIGHTER - the maze runner...

By xoAwkwardDiamond

I didn't know what I was really doing most of the time. It may have seemed like I did but to be completely ho... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
SEQUEL
SEQUEL IS UP!

Chapter 14

68.5K 1.6K 3.7K
By xoAwkwardDiamond

THIS IS NOT EDITED SO BEWARE OF SPELLING ERRORS.

________

      Thomas froze in his place, completely flabbergasted as his eyes stayed glued to the collapsed Runner. As for I, I kept glancing with wide eyes between Thomas and Minho.

"What're you doing standin' around here for? Get Alby or Newt!" I shouted at Thomas, running towards Minho.

I vaguely heard Thomas begin calling Newt and Alby because of how quick I sprinted over towards Minho.

I dropped to my knees, knowing that my legs were going to get grass stains.

"Minho?" I panted, feeling Thomas come up behind me.

"Hey- you okay?" Thomas gasped. Minho was panting like crazy. His eyes were closed with his arms covering his eyes.

No more late night training sessions with Minho.

"I'm...fine," Minho panted, looking through his arms at us. He looked up at Thomas and asked bluntly, "Who the klunk are you?"

"I'm new here. I'm Thomas...I've been here for a couple days. After Ame first showed up." Thomas told, looking at him confused.

Minho propped himself up onto his elbows, squinting over at Thomas, "Oh yeah. You're the second newbie. You, Ame, and the other chick."

Just then, Alby jogged over, stopping right in front of Minho, "What're you doin' back, Minho? It's too early. What happened?"

"Calm your wad, Alby. Now make yourself useful and get me some water- I dropped my pack out there somewhere." Minho demanded.

Alby did not move.

Instead he kicked Minho in the leg, unkindly. It made me wince but I knew that if I was in Alby's shoes, I'd probably go all ape-shit on the person who talked back, too.

"What happened?" Alby spat out once again.

"I can barely talk, shuck-face," Minho rolled his eyes, "Now get me water!"

I was visibly smirking at the whole interaction while Thomas looked shocked. Though I could still see a hint on a smile on his face.

Alby turned to Thomas quickly, pointing a finger at him, "Minho is the only shank that can talk to me like that without gettin' thrown off the cliff."

"Then why does Ame always get away with talking to you like that." Thomas asked boldly, the corner of his lip peeking up for a quick second before turning back to false confusion.

Alby narrowed his eyes at Thomas before turning his gaze to me. But all I did was send him a cheeky grin. Alby scowled at me before glancing to Minho who looked up in wonder and smugness.

"She's been hangin' around this slinthead for too long, that's why." Alby gestured to Minho with narrowed eyes.

"So does that mean I can talk back to you without being thrown over the cliff?" I grinned at Alby.

"Depends, 'cause I won't know if you're talkin' back just to be annoying or if it's just your time of the month." Alby shot back with a hint of a smirk on his face.

Thomas and Minho's eyes widened as they looked between their leader and I. I have to say that I was quite surprised as well. I really wasn't expecting it to come from Alby. My eyebrows were raised high as my mouth bobbed open, the corners of my lips twitched upwards. This battle I could not win and I am fine with it.

"Okay, that was good. I like that one. But I'm like ninety-nine point nine percent sure that the Creators had cut out my uterus 'cause I am left stranded in a maze with no pads or tampons. So, who knows at this point." I rambled on, truthfully exposing myself.

Alby deeply rolled his eyes in annoyance before muttering under his breath, "Too much time with Minho."

Then, what made my life complete, was when he turned around and jogged off to Homestead to get Minho water.

"He lets you boss him around like that?" I heard Thomas ask Minho from behind me.

"You scared of that pip-squeak? Dude, you got a lot to learn. Freakin' newbie." Minho shrugged.

"Hey! I've talked back to Alby more times than I've actually even spoken. And I showed up like four days ago." I chuckled with no humor.

That's when I realized...

it's only been four days.

It feels like four years.

So much has happened.

"But that's only 'cause you're hangin' around me too much." Minho smirked at me.

"Isn't he the leader?" Thomas asked, trying to hide the hurt in his voice. Minho didn't seem to notice it, but I did. It must've been from Minho's comment before I said anything.

"Leader?" Minho barked of laughter, "Ame, can you believe this?"

"Actually, I've been kinda wonderin' the same thing." I told honestly.

That just made Minho laugh even more. "Then sure! Yeah! Whatever! Call him leader all you want! Maybe we should call him El Presidente. Nah, nah- Admiral Alby. That's it!" Minho wiped his tears of laughter away.

I grinned at my cackling friend, shaking my head at his lack of respect for Alby.

"Well, then who is the leader?" Thomas asked.

"Greenie, why don't you shut it before you confuse yourself even more." Minho sighed.

"Well, someone didn't sleep on the right side of the bed." I teased, knowing why he was cranky.

"Gee, I wonder why," Minho shot back making me laugh, "Why do you shanks always ask questions? It's so annoying."

"What do you expect?" Thomas scoffed at the same time I did.

"Do what you're told, keep your mouth shut. That's what I expect." Minho stared at Thomas dead in the eye making Thomas shifted uncomfortably.

I kept my mouth shut knowing that Thomas needed to handle this all on his own. I've been coming to Thomas' rescue since the first day he got here. It's time for him to handle this klunk on his own because if I keep coming to his rescue the Gladers will bother him even more. Or even worse, they'll get suspicious. Then they'll continually bother us until we spill that we find each other, including the girl, familiar. That's the sort of trouble that we need to avoid.

"Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what you did as a newbie." Thomas told him off.

Minho looked him over carefully before speaking with venom lacing his every words, "I was one of the first Gladers, slinthead. Shut your hole till you know what you're talking 'bout."

He's joking. Minho is bullshitting Thomas. I don't know how I can tell but I did. Maybe it was because I spent eight hours with him and his dark humor.  I'm not sure but I'm going with the latter.

Thomas went to stand but just as I thought, Minho grab his arm and said with a grin, "Dude, sit down. I'm messin' with you. It's fun messin' with newbies. You'll see when the next newbie...," Minho trailed off when realization hit him, "Guess there won't be another newbie, huh?"

"Guess not." Thomas and I said together. It surprised the both of us, making us snap our heads to each other.

It was a coincidence. I thought to myself, turning back to Minho who was squinting at us curiously.

"You two saw the chick, right? Everybody says you bunch know each other. " Minho said.

Before I could say anything to defend our case, Thomas became super defensive and spoke sharply, "Doesn't really look familiar. And I could say the same for Ame."

I rolled my eyes before saying with an almost bored expression, "I didn't recognize her."

I felt bad for lying to Minho. He was one of my closest friends. Even though it's only been a few days, I feel like I'm close with some of these guys. They are all I know. Anyway, he also helped me train to fight when he should've been sleeping. But I had to do what I had to do to protect Thomas, the girl, and even myself.

"She hot?" Minho asked.

I scoffed at Minho's question, surprised slightly that he hasn't asked me sooner. But what surprised me even more was that Thomas replied, "Yeah, I guess she's hot."

"Did you ask that question when I showed up?" I asked with a smirk.

"Yeah. But then I realized I'm way out of your league." Minho smirked.

"Really?" I smirked widely back, feeling my eyes twinkle with mischief.

"Yup." Minho popped the 'p'.

"Well considering how there's only a limited population of two girls here, one who's in a coma, I like to think that I, in fact, am way out of your league." I smirked leaning back.

"Oh really?" Minho smirked smugly back.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Y-no." Minho smirked.

"Some of the other Gladers would agree with me." I smirked back.

"I don't think so." Minho continued smirking.

"I think you're in denial." I smirked, done with the conversation.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night." Minho sighed.

After a few minutes of silence pass and I think we left Thomas in an awkward position.

"So...did you find anything today?" Thomas asked awkwardly.

I remember when Newt was telling me the first few nights I was here that Runners, if they ain't close with you, will usually snap on you if you ask these sort of questions. Last night I took a huge risk in asking Minho if he found anything. At first when Newt told me, I thought it was a load of klunk but after talking about it a little with Minho last night, I realized it was true. So, Thomas is about to get his head bitten off.

Minho's eyes widened as he stared at Thomas almost having an expression of offense on his face, "You know what, Greenie? That's the dumbest, shuck-faced thing you could ask a Runner. But no. Nothing today."

I was actually quite surprised by his answer. I was expecting some big fight or something.

"What do you mean?" Thomas asked hoping for an answer.

"Thomas, stop with the questions." I muttered to him, running a hand over my face.

"Just wait till the fancy Admiral gets back. I don't like saying stuff twice. And I'm not even sure if he'll let you hear any of it." Minho smirked.

"I'll probably eavesdrop." I grumbled, crossing my legs beside Minho.

"At least tell me why you look so tired. I mean don't you run out there everyday?" Thomas asked.

I laughed out loud wanting to hear how Minho will explain this one.

Some crazy blonde bitch made me pull an all-nighter with her so she could finesse herself with knives and weapons. Minho would say something like that.

"Yeah, Greenie. I run out there everyday. But let's just say I got a little excited and ran extra fast to get my bee-hind back here." Minho explained with a sarcastic smile.

"Why?" Thomas asked.

"Dude. I told you. Patience. Wait for General Alby." Minho smirked at the two of us.

"Okay. I'll shut up. I mean, I don't know 'bout Ame considering how she doesn't even have a filter but I'll keep quiet as long as you make sure Alby let's us here the news." Thomas verbally threw me under the bus.

Good job, Thomas. I thought with a small proud smile, ignoring his jab at my non-existent filter.

Minho smirked with lifted eyebrows before looking at me, "You ain't gonna disagree or anythin'?"

"We all know it's true." I deadpanned.

Minho chuckled slightly, nodding his head before saying to Thomas, "Okay, Greenie. You da boss."

Just at that moment, Alby came jogging back with some water for Minho who quickly chugged it down.

"Okay, out with it. What happened?" Alby asked immediately.

Minho glanced over at Thomas and I, nodding our way.

"They're fine. Ame'll find out one way or another. I don't care what either shank hears. Just talk!" Alby said impatiently.

I fell like I should be offended but it is true. It's what happens when you share a room with the second in command.

Thomas stood up, waiting anxiously to here the news. I gripped Minho's arm, helping him up slowly knowing how exhausted my friend was as he winced every time he made a small movement. I made sure Minho was fine standing on his own before standing in between Thomas and Alby, waiting in anticipation.

Minho's usual smirk was gone from his face as he stared at Alby with a stone look, "I found a dead one."

"Huh?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"A dead what?" Alby grew impatient.

"A dead griever." Minho smiled pridefully.

At the sound of the grievers name, chills ran up my spine and up my neck as the memory of the griever ramming itself into the window repeatedly came to mind.

Thomas and I shared a quick exasperated look before focusing our attention back onto Minho for more information.

"Ain't a good time for jokes, shank." Alby sputtered out, a flash of disbelief infected his hard expression.

"Look, I wouldn't believe me if I were you either. But trust me, I did. Big, fat, nasty one." Minho nodded confidently.

It definitely has never happened before. A voice said in my mind. I made a puzzled face as a replayed the words said.

Did I say that?

I really need a nap.

"You found a dead Griever?" Alby repeated, unable to process the information.

"Yes, Alby. I did. A few miles from here, out near the Cliff." Minho said, clearly annoyed.

"Why didn't you bring it with you?" I asked without knowing.

Minho turned to me and looked at me as if I've completely went insane, before laughing, "You been drinkin' Frypan's Saucy-sauce? Those things must weigh thirty-four of you. Plus, I still wouldn't touch it even if it gave me a free trip outta here."

Alby then went on a rampage of questions. Each question that escaped his lips was like a bullet shot from a machine gun. "What did it look like? Did it move at all? Was it's skin moist? What colour was it? Are you sure it was dead or do y'think it could've been sleepin'?" Alby went on.

And as each question was shot, I sensed Thomas' fear grew more intense, displaying a look of paled face horror. He look as though he was just taking hit after hit of all this new information, causing more questions to form into his disoriented brain.

"Thomas, you, looks like you're about to throw up, you okay?" I chuckled. Even though I teased, hundreds of questions plagued my own mind, too. In fact, I think I'm about to throw up alongside Thomas. I hope my confusion and curiosity is well hidden.

"Slim it, man. You'll have t'go see it for yourself. It's weird. Weirder than anythin' I've seen in the entire Maze. Weirder than the Maze itself." Minho exclaimed.

"Extremely weird, huh?" Alby's eyes flickered towards the ground thoughtfully, as I watched him process a plan for this mysterious occurrence.

"Dude, I'm tired, I'm starving, and I most likely have a sunburn the size of five Gladers on my back. But if you wanna haul the thing here, we could probably make it there and back before the Walls close." Minho suggested genuinely.

Alby checked his watch before shaking his head and saying, "Better what until Wake-Up tomorrow."

"I think that's the smartest thing you've said all week," Minho muttered, "I should probably get back out there but screw it. I'm gonna go eat some of Frypan's nasty casserole."

Minho slowly turned around and made his way towards Homestead with the speed of a snail, babying his sore muscles. It was a funny and immature thought. The Keeper of Runners losing a race to a snail.

Ha!

Ha.

Wow, that sounded pathetic.

Dammit, I need I nap.

I yawned silently, turning back to Alby.

"If either of you know something and you ain't tellin' me-"

"You'll throw us off the Cliff? Feed us to the Grievers? Yeah, I got it. But if I said this once, I've said it a thousand times; I don't know anything. If I did...I probably wouldn't tell you. I'd tell Newt, who'd probably tell you. But I haven't told Newt anythin' because I don't know anything." I blinked naïvely, emphasizing my last words.

Alby tolled his eyes at me, shaking his head in disbelief before turning to Thomas, "If you know somethin' and you ain't tellin' me...."

"Why do you hate me so much?" Thomas asked staring Alby dead in the eye.

Oh shit.

"What?" Alby squinted at Thomas like Alby was just asked something by a five-year-old from a foreign country.

"Okay~," I chuckled almost in a sing-song tone, "this just got really personal. So, before we all start singin' Nursery Rhymes around the camp fire, I'm gonna leave. My point has been made, I've said what was needed t'be said, I don't need t'stand here and discuss feelings. So, adiós compadres."

Before they could object, I turned around and left, heading towards the forest. I was still really tired and I knew I was in desperate need of a nap. So, I headed towards the tree I was sitting in yesterday.

Then, I realized something that I said unknowingly.

Since when did I know Spanish?

I'm whiter than a damn cloud. I've must've studied Spanish during the life I had before being sent here.

Maybe I was an A+ student in Spanish Class in High School.

As I wondered on about how I could possibly know Spanish, I didn't realize that I was already in the tree, staring up at the clouds. And before I had time to process that, I had already drifted off.

________

"Thomas! Ame!" I heard a familiar voice call.

Are you kidding me?

Will it kill anyone if I just took a simple nap.

"Ame? Is that you up there?" I heard the young voice of Chuck ask from bellow the tree.

Did I say that out loud again?

"Yeah, ya' did." Chuck answered.

I sighed in annoyance knowing I wasn't gonna get any sleep that day. I began making my way down the tree, passing a few Beetle Blades that studied me descend with their read beady eyes.

I jumped off the last branch landing in front of Chuck who was startled by my entrance.

"Long time no see, Chuckles." A crooked smile grew onto my tired face as I addressed my young friend.

"It's good to see you too, Amesie." Chuck smiled bumping my fist.

"Alright, so what was so urgent that you had t'wake me up from my nap?" I asked with the ghost of amusement misting across my mouth, crossing my arms.

Frypan made bacon, I thought to myself.

But Chuck's smile disappeared and was replaced with a look of almost terror,

"Ben...he's not dead."

"What? What do y'mean 'he's not dead'? I watched the arrow impale his head!" I denied instantly, wildly gesturing to the side of my head as I recalled that horrid moment when the arrow pierced his skull.

It just sounds impossible.

"The arrow missed his brain. The Baggers found 'em and brought 'em to the Med-Jack's who patched 'em up." Chuck explained with furrowed eyebrows and eyes filled with a haunting glint of anguish.

"I don't-" I began before being interrupted by Chuck,

"He's being Banished tonight."

This is all my fault.

_____________________

Please don't be mad!

I am SO SO SOOO SORRY for the late update but these past two weeks have been absolutely CRAZY.

I had Dance Camp last week and I didn't get a chance to write anything. Then this week, I went up to my cottage where I can't get any reception unless you take a boat trip to the middle of the lake.

Right now, I'm standing on a boat, posting this.

But ANYWAY, I have a question!

If Ame was in the movie the Maze Runner, who do you think should play her?

This is just a random question, nothing serious!

I just wanted to see what you guys' think.

I think Ame should be played my Jennifer Laurence...

just saying.

But gimme your thoughts :))

Follow, vote, comment!

Love, xoAwkwardDiamond <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.7K 1.4K 27
It all started when the two became an Music bank emcees, the two idols tries to avoid dating rumors, articles. not until they're feeling's to each ot...
7.6K 312 28
Amara knew her destiny from when she was born, but when her path begins to cross with another just like her, she wonders if her destiny has changed...
56.2K 1.9K 31
Believing Jane died by saving Newt, the Gladers arrived at a safe place, a way station.. but are those people really who they say they are? One give...
750K 29.4K 41
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...