A Vampire's Heart {Completed}...

By Exy1996

"See you around Selena" I froze he had said my name. My actual name. Lena lived a normal life at school. Well... More

Chapter 1 (edited)
Chapter 2 (edited)
Chapter 3 (edited)
Chapter 4 (edited)
Chapter 6 (edited)
Chapter 7 (edited)
Chapter 8 (edited)
Chapter 9 (edited)
Chapter 10 (edited)
Chapter 11 (edited)
Chapter 12 (edited)
Chapter 13 (edited)
Chapter 14 (edited)
Chapter 15 (edited)
Chapter 16 (edited)
Chapter 17 (edited)
Chapter 18 (edited)
Chapter 19 (edited)
Chapter 20 (edited)
Chapter 21 (edited)
Chapter 22 (edited)
Chapter 23 (edited)
Chapter 24 (edited)
Chapter 25 (edited)
Chapter 26 (edited)
Chapter 27 (edited)
Chapter 28 (edited)
Chapter 29 (edited)
Chapter 30 (edited)
Chapter 31 (edited)
Important message

Chapter 5 (edited)

20.6K 686 73
By Exy1996

Copyrights 2012 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

This chapter was edited by my beautiful bestie who is amazing @smiling_meerkat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5:

I woke up that afternoon in a bit of a daze. All I could think about was Xavier and though I hadn't dreamed of me with him, he was defiantly in my dream. Slowly rising out of bed I adjusted my p.j's and opened my curtains. Looking out the sun shone brightly and I had to cover my eyes until they adjusted. The sun warm the glass on my sliding door as I opened it stepping onto my balcony. 

Stepping outside the sun warmed my bare skin, making the chill go away. I leaned onto the railing and looked over the back yard. The water in the pool moved in small ripples, the sun making the shining lines reflect onto the fence in a rainbow of colours. It was beautiful but then faded as a cloud passed by. Having enough of the view I went over to the little gate at the other end of my balcony and took the stairs that led into the back yard two at a time. Crissy met me half way and yipped excitedly as I opened the pool gate and sat down sticking my legs in the pool and letting the cold water send shivers up my legs. Crissy pawed my hand gently begging to be splashed. I shook my head. "No silly, later."

Crissy loved being splashed with water because she tried to eat it but hated swimming. One time she had fallen in and swam straight for the stairs crying and yipping in fright.

I hadn't notice mum standing beside me until she spoke.

"Honey what happened to your leg?" she said worriedly. 

Forgetting that my shorts were short enough to show the scabs the Stewart had caused I covered them with my hands and looked up at her tentatively. 

"It was just an accident mum just a small scrape," I said trying to cover up the fact that there were five finger nail lines running from the start of my thigh and stopping half way. She knelt down next to me and grabbed my hands, lifting them up and revealing my scabs.

"That doesn't look like any accident Lena that looks like finger nails being dragged down your leg. You didn't try to hurt yourself did you?" she said shocked. It was just like my mum to think that I was causing myself physical harm. Even though I was mentally stable.

Tears welled up in my eyes, as I shook my head. "No mum, Stewart did it" I cried. "He's never done anything like that before but I promised Cayley I would go to the police today." I sobbed even harder as I leaned into her. 

She wrapped her arm around me and kissed my forehead. "What made him do this?" 

I shook in her arms. Stewart's finger nails biting into my skin and dragging down my leg flashed back into my mind.

"I don't know mum," my voice quivered. I really wasn't sure why Stewart had become so violent. He had never touched me before let alone dig his finger nails in me. Stewart had really only been verbally abusive and though I didn't like it, it was easier to handle than any physical abuse. 

Mum stood up pulling me with her. She took off her robe and wrapped it around me. "Let's go inside, we can go down to the station later" she said as she walked me inside.  

"I'll make you your favorite breakfast" she said as I picked up Crissy and sat down at the kitchen island.

"It's the afternoon mum" I told her.

She gave me her 'don't start' look and went back to cooking. I patted Crissy soothingly as I watched mum make some scrabbled eggs. I was happy to be distracted because thinking about what happened with Stewart brought back the pain in my leg. I didn't want to go to the station but I promised Cayley I would, and now that mum had seen the scabs there was no backing down. I was terrified about the after math though. Stewart would find out about me going to the police and if he was arrested I'd never hear the end of it. People would call me a skank and say that I made up the attack, others might actually stick up for me but I really doubted that. I was just going to have to hope for the best. 

Caught up in my own thoughts I jerked when I heard the home phone ring. Looking over at it I couldn't be bothered picking it up but the look mum was giving told me better. I didn't bother checking the caller I.D I just answered.

"Hello?" 

"Hey don't worry about dropping my stuff off I'm coming over to get it"

I breathed out a sigh of relief. Cayley.

"OK cool, I'll be waiting" I told her.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" her voice was horse at that moment. 

I was a bit taken back. "Fine" I said. 

"Are you sure? What are you doing today?"

"I'm going down to the station and reporting Stewart like I promised and you're coming over"

I thought I heard her give a sigh of relief. I know mum definitely did as she realized who I was talking to. 

"Do you want me to come with you?"

I shook my head, then remembered she couldn't see my gesture. I was talking to her through a phone, duh!

"No, no I'll be fine it shouldn't take long" 

"Okay I'll be there at 3" she said and then hung up.

I put the phone down and contained patting Crissy. I didn't need to look up at mum to know she was eyeing me with concern. 

"I'm fine mum" I said to her hoping that if I convinced her that my mental and physical health was all intact then maybe I would convince myself as well. The whole last 24 hours had been very exhausting and I wasn't sure how much more I could take. The only real highlight was Xavier and yet I was still frightened by what happened outside the uniform shop and then at his house. I knew Xavier wanted to protect me that much was for sure, but to what extent and why was mind boggling.

After eating I went up stairs and straight into the bathroom. Stepping into the shower, I let the hot water burn my skin, turning it pink, it felt good. It was like a different sort of pain and it took my mind off having to go down to the police station. 

Getting dressed, I had no idea what to wear.

What does one wear, when going to a police station? 

I thought that I should probably wear shorts because they probably wanted to see the scabs as proof, but this was a police station what was I even supposed to do in there. I had not idea. Would the interrogate me in one of those rooms with those two way mirrors? And what would I even say? I didn't want anyone at school to know about this, and I especially didn't want to get Xavier involved. I couldn't even think straight about how the police were going to react to this situation. Would they take it seriously? Would Stewart get arrested. If he did, the whole school would know about it, I could deal with the rumors but I didn't think I could deal with everyone cursing me for making this whole thing up. Even though I wasn't, but still people would say that I made it up, and everything would get twisted around. Getting dressed I decided on shorts and a top. I wasn't ready to go to the police about this but I realized that I couldn't let Stewart get away with this. It was time he stopped harassing me. I never asked for it and I never welcomed it. I had let so much of what Stewart said about me slide, hoping that he would give up, but he hadn't and his words were starting to get to me.

I jumped at the sound of the door bell. Quickly rushing down the stairs opened up the door, to find Xavier. He smiled when he saw me. His eyes scanning over my body, his face feel grim when he saw my scabs.

"Lena, Luca didn't do that to you did he?" he asked worriedly as he stepped closer to me. He cupped my face in his hands.

"No. Stewart did" I said calmly, though I was shaking on the inside. Xavier pulled me closer hugging me. I clung to him tears staining my eyes. I didn't cry, I wouldn't let myself cry in front of him. It was amazing that I hadn't known him for that long- more like a day really- and he was so caring. 

"Lena, who's at the door?" asked my mum as she stood in the door way. 

Pulling away from Xavier I turned to face her, and hastily wiped away the tears that had escaped from my eyes. Xavier placed a hand on my shoulder in comfort. 

"Mum this is Xavier," I told her.

She smiled at him genuinely, but I could tell she was checking him out and trying to suss out what his relation was with me. Xavier extended his hands to her and she shook it.

"Hello Xavier, I'm Hannah" she turned to me. "I'm just going to check on some things and then we can go"

I nodded and watched her go back into the house. I didn't feel safe to talk until in knew she was out of ear shot.

"Well that was..." I could finish my sentence. It was defiantly weird for my mum, but Xavier seemed calm. 

He chuckled as he turned me to him. His smiled was sincere but I could tell that he was still upset about the scabs on my leg. I took his hands in mine to comfort him. 

"I'm fine Xavier." I told him. Hoping that if he thought I was then I would believe I was too.

Xavier hesitated before speaking and kissed my hands. "I know you're not Lena." 

I nodded slowly, he was right I wasn't. Draping my arms around his broad shoulder I leaned into him and kissed his lips. He was hesitant at the start - which was understandable seeing as it came out of nowhere- but then fell into the kiss.

Pulling out of the kiss I hugged him fiercely. There was so much going on and I didn't know what to tell him about me going to the police station and if he would be okay with me telling the cops' about his involvement. Xavier rubbed my back his finger tips running up and down my spine his head buried in my hair. He smelled amazing like chocolate and spice. 

Yummy.

"Where you going?" he said softly.

I pulled back and bit my lower lip. Could I really tell him I was going to report Stewart. I mean it was the right thing to do but I was so confused and scarred of what might happen. Sucking in a deep breath I decided to get it out in the open.

"I'm going down to the police station to report Stewart"

His face went hard with worry and anger. "I'll come with you" he said. 

"That's not really necessary Xavier-"

"Please. I want to be there for you" he said as he stroked my cheek.

It was really sweet that he wanted to come but I wasn't sure that I could do that with him there. It was embarrassing enough, there was no doubt that the police were going to ask questions but I didn't want that with Xavier there. I wouldn't be able to think straight, and I didn't want to break down in front of him.

"Selena, please I can be a witness for you."

Looking up at him I was shocked that he would even volunteer to do that.

"Really?" I croaked my tongue thick in my mouth.

He nodded. "I want him to get what's coming to him" he said fiercely.

"Don't say that please Xavier," even though I felt the same way I didn't want to hear that coming out of his mouth. It scared me and made me think about how dangerous he really could be.

"It's true though, I won't let him hurt you ever again." He said as he cupped my face in his hands.

Looking in his eyes I knew he was dead serious and even though it was comforting to think that he would take care of me, it was also frightening. I still wasn't sure what lengths he would go to protect me. I wasn't used to being protected by others either, I was always the one who protected myself, so it was something that I was going to have to get used to him saying.

"Okay Lena, I'm ready to go" said mum as she closed the door behind her. I froze my cheeks burning as mum walked in on our intimacy.

"Xavier, will you be coming with us?" she asked. 

He nodded gruffly. "We could take my car if you'd like Mrs. Romano?"

My mum smiled a giggled like a giddy school girl, "Please call me Hannah and that's very kind of you to let us take your car"

I gave mum my best 'what the hell are you doing' look, and smiled at Xavier. I couldn't wait to take another ride in his car even if it was to the police station. "You'll love Xavier's car mum it's a hatchback Torana, like dad's" I told her.

She smiled and I could tell she was thinking about what it was like riding in dad's Torana some fifteen odd years ago. 

"That's nice." She said trying to hide her excitement. Just like me, my mum loved cars, so it was only fit that she married someone that loved and worked with cars, and well it only seemed right that I would love cars as well. I remembered when I was little I always went to work with dad, I was his very own little grease monkey, but as I got older I wanted to do other things. It wasn't that I didn't like going to dads work it was just that I had turned into more of a girl but I defiantly still loved cars though. 

"You ready to go?" he asked as he touched my hand lightly.

Taking in a deep breath I nodded and stepped down from the front porch heading for his car. 

I let mum sit in the front while I rode in the back running my hand over my scabs. Every so often I'd looked up to see Xavier gazing at me through the rare view mirror. His gaze was worried and comforting at the same time. I gave him a weak smile and stared back down at my leg. I had no idea how this was going to turn out or what to say, and now I was really wondering if going to the police station was a good idea.

I sat nervously in the waiting area of the police station. I couldn't stop staring at my scabs and kept praying that they wouldn't turn into scars so that I would have a hideous reminder of what Stewart did. Xavier held my hands his thumb stroking my skin in comfort. I lean into him and kiss the underside of his jaw. He smiles softly at me and kisses the crown of my head.

"Miss Romano, Detective Staten will see you now." The secretary said as she came around from behind the desk. 

I squeeze Xavier's hand before standing up and following her into the back and into a small room with no windows a little desk and two chairs. I sat down in the chair facing the door and waited, thinking of how I was going to explain what happened. 

Detective Staten came in shortly after. His silver hair shone under the down-lights. His smile was gruff as he greeted me and introduced himself. 

"Now Miss. Romano my notes say that you're here to report abuse." He said sternly.

I nodded. "A boy from school did this" I said as I stood up showing him my leg.

Detective Staten swallowed slowly. "You can sit down Miss. Romano thank you"

I did as I was told and held my hands together taking in deep breaths. "Was there anything else can you explain how it happened?"

I nodded again. "I was walking to my fifth period class and I was running bit late because I couldn't find my books. When Stewart, the one who scratched me, came up behind me with his friend..." 

I told the detective everything I remembered. The names that Stewart had called me, Xavier coming to save me, the fight and then me going home. He stayed quiet asking some questions every once and awhile, and it ended up being less intimidating then I thought it would have been. 

"Has Stewart done anything like this before or did he just decided to pick on you randomly yesterday?" he asked.

"He's made up rumors about me before and called me names but he's never been psychically violent with me." I said.

"Do you know of any reason to why Stewart would pick on you?" 

I shook my head. "None, I've known him since primary school but I don't think I've done anything to him, I never talked to him when we where younger, and I avoid him as much as I can now."

He nodded slowly and I could tell the wheels in his head where turning as he thought. "What about this witness, Xavier? What's your relation to him? Would I be able to speak with him?"

"Xavier and I...we just met yesterday when he helped me...he just moved here. He's outside in the waiting room with my mum" I told him.

Detective Staten's eyes lit up and then he redeemed himself. 

"Right I'll send for him then."

Detective Staten stood up and walked out of the room to fetch Xavier. I took in some deep breaths again hoping to clam my heart rate. "This is the right thing to do" I told me self. 

When Xavier came into the room, my heart squeezed and my stomach ached- but it was a good kind of ache. He didn't smile he just nodded his whole body tense but his eyes looked at me calmly and helped me settle. Detective Staten closed the door behind him looking between the two of us while Xavier leaned against a wall. 

"So Mr.–"

"Blandiana" Xavier supplied for him.

"Mr.Blandiana can you tell me what your relation to you Miss.Romano is?" he asked as he looked between us. 

I held my breath, waiting for his answer. I didn't really know what Xavier and I were? I mean we kissed but I wasn't sure if we were dating and it's not like you could call yesterday a date.

"I'm her boyfriend" he said. His accent spread warmth through my body as he said boyfriend. 

Detective Staten's eyebrows furrowed. "You told me that you just met yesterday" he said to me.

I nodded. "After school Xavier came to my house to make sure that I was okay. We talked. He was very sweet..." 

Xavier came forward and placed his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him and gave him a small smile.

"Does your mother know about Xavier?" Asked Detective Staten.

I gave him a confused look. What did he mean by that? "I haven't told my mum that where dating but I think she can see that we are...what does this have to do with the scratches on my leg?"

Detective Staten scribbled something down on a piece of paper and the gave me a stern look. "Does your mother know about the bullying and that Xavier helped you yesterday?" he said completely dodging the question.

I shook my head. "I never told her about the bullying...I thought I could handle it and I knew none of the rumors were true"

He cleared his throat. "I'm sorry to ask but it would be helpful to know what kind of rumors Stewart spread and his full name and a description"

"His full name is Stewart Blake, he's about six foot, blue eyes, wavy blond hair, medium build. He calls me names like bitch and skank. He make up rumors that I'm a whore and sleep with people every weekend..." 

"Have you had any intimate relationships before Miss. Romano?" 

I was shocked by his words it was like being slapped in the face. I couldn't believe this cop was asking me about my personal life. 

"No...I'm still a virgin if that help" I snapped.

Detective Staten blinked several times and then cleared his throat. "Well that's all I need from you...the best we can do is bring him into the station, fine him and interrogate him seeing as this isn't a rape case, this will go on record though and if this ever happens again, if he ever bullies you or makes up any kind of rumors I want you to call me." He said a he tore of a piece of paper and wrote his number on it.

I nodded and took the note, placing it in my pocket. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please vote if you liked this chapter

comment and let me know what you think

love you guys

xoxox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 9.3K 37
***Undergoing editing*** My Vampire Love. The sequel to A Vampires Heart. I plastered on a fake smile for James and Carlo and made my voice sound lig...
474 54 19
(COMPLETED) Ana is a sweet, beautiful and smart girl. All her life she was emotionally abused. She grew up with a broken family. She never saw it com...
488 0 28
Too many things have happened in Sofia Petrescu's young life. She had to leave her mother and grandmother behind in order to protect them from hersel...
80.2K 971 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...