Raised by Vampires|| Harry Po...

By Always777

Lynn Salvatore is a pure blooded witch who was raised by her two vampire cousins. Turmoil in Mystic Falls has... More

Disclaimer + Blurb
From Mystic Falls
To Hogsmeade
Preparations
Off to Hogwarts
Classes
Saturday
Saturday Pt. 2
Forgiveness
Dinner and A Show
Dinner and A Show Pt. 2
Letters
Memories
Stephen
Pinky and Dobby
Patronus
Halloween
A Merry Christmas?
Unexpected Happenings
Death Becomes Her
The Return of Two
The Black Lake's Surprise
Lock and Load Wands at the Ready
The Aftermath
Epilogue

Salazar

4.5K 117 13
By Always777

Chapter 17

"It can't be." I repeated, for the millionth time.

He laughed. "I'm sorry to shock you so badly, but after seeing you in the common room, I wanted to see you in person."

The great hall was dead silent as everyone stood up and stared at our newest guest. Salazar looked around the great hall and smiled.

"1,000 years. That's how long it's been since I last walked these halls."

"But how?" I asked backing up, and taking a good look at him.

He was thin, but not overly so, and he had on emerald green robes that made Mr. Malfoy's look like paupers clothes.

"You should already know the answer to that." He said smiling, as Klaus and Elijah appeared at my side. "Hello Elijah, Niklaus. It's been a wonderful and happy evening hasn't it." He said smiling around at everyone who was still staring at him.

"Salazar?" They asked together, looking as shocked as I felt.

He laughed again. "Yes it's really me."

"You're a vampire." I said, as my mind finally started to work again.

He smiled. "An Original actually. The first to be more precise."

"But how?" Elijah asked, still staring in disbelief.

Salazar smiled at him. "Elijah, you and Niklaus, along with Rebekah, Kol, and Finn, have always, and will always be like my own children. Do you honestly believe that I would cast that spell upon you, without first trying it on myself? What if something went wrong and you died? I could have never forgiven myself."

"Rebekah, Kol, and Finn are dead." Elijah said, looking at him with sorrow in his eyes. "I'm sorry."

"A shame." Salazar said, shaking his head. "I wondered, because you all have not mentioned them since you discovered my painting."

"But how do you know everything? I mean your painting, and..." I said, trying to form words, but couldn't quite get them out.

"My painting came into being when I died, as do all paintings of wizards who have portraits made, but have you ever wondered why mine seems so much more alive? It's because I'm undead, so that makes my painting undead, for a lack of a better explanation. The reason I know everything is because I've been watching over you. I also have another portrait in my house, so if I'm not there watching you myself, my painting keeps me updated. My painting is stuck to the wall for a reason, and I was the one who put it there. Yes, it vanishes to allow you into your bedroom, but if my painting were to be removed all together, it would reveal a tunnel. That tunnel leads to my house, which, if anyone knows me is...?" He said, gesturing outward with his hands.

"Under the Black Lake." I said, staring at him. "Like half the Slytherin common room is."

"Correct." He said giving me a large smile. "But it's not the only way in or out of my house. There are others."

"But that still doesn't explain how you can see us." I said.

"It's kind of like a muggle two way mirror." He said, with a smile.

"You know of two way mirrors?" Hermione asked, and I turned around. I hadn't realized that everyone had come up behind me.

"Yes, Hermione. I do." He said with a chuckle. "I've become rather acquainted with the muggle world. I have, after all, been around for almost 1,100 years."

"You're older than Elijah!" Ron gasped. Then he shook his head. "Of course you're older than Elijah. Nevermind." And Salazar chuckled.

"But why now? How come we have never seen you before?" Snape asked.

"Because I haven't wanted you too. My reputation has a lot to do with it though." He said dryly. "And my old ideals and beliefs. Can you imagine how much worse Voldemort would have been if he had known of my existence? How much more angry and vengeful he would have been, if he had known how I feel."

Dumbledore nodded his head. "Yes, you are right. He would have been much, much worse."

"I did help with the first war, and I did what I could to save people's lives." Then he looked at Harry. "I'm sorry for all the pain he caused you. If I hadn't been the way I was, none of that would have happened to you. I did all I could to keep your parents safe, once I knew he was after them. I'm so sorry."

"It's in the past." Harry said. "Circumstances played out that no one saw coming. I know that now. It's not your fault. It's ok."

Salazar nodded. "Thank you for being so kind."

"He's a Gryffindor." I whispered loudly, and everyone snickered.

"But why now?" Klaus asked. "Why did you choose now, to revel to us that your still here?"

Salazar smiled at him. "Because of that." He said, and gestured toward the Slytherin table. "Look at them. When would you have found so many Slytherins embracing a muggle tradition, and participating in something so simple as dressing up in muggle costumes. Voldemort is gone, and the wounds are starting to heal. Slytherins are beginning to realize that the old ways are no more. Yes, there will always be dark wizards, and yes, there will always be dark magic, but that is a way of life. All of those children have come to see me in the common room, some before it was Lynn's, but some after, and they have written to their parents telling them about me, and what I have been saying. Their parents are listening." He turned to the Malfoys, Crabbes, and Goyles, and smiled. "You were the first, and since then many more have been told, and many more agree. It's time to let go of the old ways. More so now than ever before, because Voldemort is gone, and there is nothing more to fear. Also because of you my dear child. I chose now, because it's time." He said with a smile.

"But Pansy's parents..." I started to say.

"Pansy's parents," He interrupted, "and those like them are, as I have said before, brainless idiots. There will always be people like Pansy and her parents. It's the majority that matters."

"Salazar, would you like to speak to the school?" Dumbledore asked, motioning toward the front.

"Albus, I would consider it an honor." He said with a slight nod.

We made our way to the front, but the rest of us took our seats at the Slytherin table. Dumbledore stood at the podium with Salazar, and cleared his throat.

"Hogwarts students, parents, Professors, and ghosts, some of you may recognize the man standing beside me. However, I understand that many of you don't. You are all aware of vampires, because we have a few," He said, glancing and smiling at us, "who frequent the castle quite often. There is another that I'd like to introduce to you now. I beg you all, please listen to what he has to say. Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce one of Hogwarts very own founders, Salazar Slytherin."

There was a stunned silence as Salazar stepped up to speak.

"It's a shock. I know." He began with a small chuckle. "It's been 1,000 years since I last stood here looking out at children's smiling faces. I understand there may be a few of you who are downright terrified to see me, because of your blood status. I want to say right here and now, your blood status doesn't matter to me. The world today is a lot different than it was 1,000 years ago. Muggles are no longer trying to kill witches and wizards, and therefore, I have no problems with muggles, muggle borns, or half bloods any longer. Anyone with magical blood should be welcome to study here at Hogwarts. I hope by my saying that, that it puts you all at ease. I'm no longer the man that I was. Times change, and if given enough time, people can change. I have lived for 1,100 years, and that's a long time to be walking this earth. I would now like to address my Slytherins specifically. That is, if Professor Snape will allow me to call you mine. By the way, has Sherlock Holmes found the real Professor Snape yet, because I agree, he wouldn't have awarded points to a Gryffindor." Salazar said, and the great hall burst into laughter.

"Watson and I are on it sir!" The Ravenclaw stood up and shouted.

"Have you found any clues?" Salazar asked.

"Yes sir we have. Watson has found a giant bottle of firewhiskey in Professor Snape's chambers, and we have come to the conclusion that Beetlejuice is in fact, the real Professor Snape. He's just been drinking sir." And the great hall burst into more laughter.

"Ah! I see! Well that explains it then." Salazar said laughing. "Excellent sleuthing my good sir." The Ravenclaw burst into a wide grin, and tipped his hat to Salazar.

"Watson! You have detention!" Professor Snape shouted, and we all laughed again.

"Now to my Slytherins. I cannot tell you how much it pleases me to see most of you participating in tonight events, and to see you all embracing a muggle tradition. I am proud to see a lot of you dressing up in muggle Halloween costumes, and while I know that not all of you have dressed up, the majority of you clapped, yelled, and voted for Lynn in the Costume Contest. A year ago, this wouldn't have happened. My arrogant, egotistical, no good rotten heir would have had all your heads on a silver platter, but thanks to Mr. Harry Potter, he is dead and gone, and there is nothing more to fear from him. All of you have come to see my painting in Lynn's common room, and most of you have listened to me. Some of you however," he said looking at Pansy and her friends, "haven't caught up yet. The old ways are gone, and it's time you listened to reason. You all know what I have said, but I can now say it in front of the entire wizarding world. My old ideals and beliefs are no longer acceptable. There is no reason to be spouting off about pure blood supremacy and hating muggles. Yes, I hated muggles, muggle borns, and half bloods, but I don't any more. The only reason I felt the way I did was because the muggles in those days were trying to kill us. I didn't trust them. I have been out in today's muggle world, and I have kept up with their culture, and they don't care about witchcraft anymore. They could honestly care less, and I encourage you all to be brave, and stand up to those who feel the way I did about muggles. Tell them I said it's no longer acceptable. My Slytherins, I am proud of you, and I want to thank everyone here tonight for allowing me to speak. Thank you."

Salazar stepped away from the podium, and took a small bow as the great hall burst into applause. And rightly so!

"Well, The Daily Prophet has published an article about Salazar." Hermione said, handing me the paper at breakfast the next morning.

"Please let it be good." I sighed.

Salazar Slytherin returns to Hogwarts, Calls You-Know-Who a Rotten Heir, Thanks Harry Potter

I read the article in its entirety, and even though it mentioned the fact that Salazar was a 1,100 year old vampire, it painted him in a good light. It repeated almost word for word what he had said the night before. Thank goodness!

"How did they manage to get a picture?" Draco asked.

"From what I heard, a third year Gryffindor's Father is a reporter, and was here last night. As soon as Dumbledore introduced Salazar, he whipped out his quill and started writing down everything he said. He also took the picture." Hermione answered.

"What I don't get," Ron said shoving food into his mouth, "is why didn't Salazar make himself known hundreds of years ago. I mean, You-Know-Who might not have even been a problem if Salazar had come forward."

"I asked him one time, when did he change his opinion about muggles and muggle borns. He said that he changed about 300 years ago." Draco said.

Hermione nodded. "It makes sense."

"Why is that?" Harry asked.

"Honestly Harry, do you ever pay attention in History of Magic?" She asked, rolling her eyes. "For the last 1,000 years Great Britain has had many waves of witch hunts. The very last execution of a witch was in 1682. Then the muggles passed The Witchcraft Act in 1735. That Act made it a criminal offence to claim that anyone was guilty of practicing witchcraft. After it was passed, witches and wizards were no longer in danger. I'm guessing, since that was roughly 300 years ago, that was when Salazar changed."

"And you would be right Hermione." Salazar said, appearing behind us. "You really are the brightest witch of your age."

She beamed at him. "Thank you Salazar."

"Know-it-all." Ron grumbled, and she smacked him on the arm.

"And to answer your next question of why I didn't come forward after that," he said sitting down next to me. "It was because too much damage had already been done. My old beliefs were too ingrained in people's minds. Ah! Hello my pet." He said, turning toward the four foot boa constrictor that came slithering toward us.

Padma Patil let out a blood curdling scream, and nearly flew up the wall as it slithered past her.

"I'm so sorry." Salazar said smiling at her, as the snake wrapped around his torso. "Are you scared of snakes?"

Padma was too scared to speak, and only gurgled out a response.

"Yeah she is. Her boggart is a giant snake." Harry replied.

"Well Peanut won't hurt you. She is a very good snake."

"Wait. You named it Peanut?" Draco asked with a laugh.

"Yes I did. I'm rather fond of peanuts, and eat them all the time. Especially when they are boiled." Salazar chuckled. Then he made hissing noises at it, and the snake stared at Salazar, then turned to Padma and nodded its head. "See, she won't hurt you." He said looking at the scared girl.

Padma stared at it and slowly back away, before she ran out of the great hall.

Salazar laughed. "Not everyone is a snake person I guess."

I snorted. "Klaus told me a story one time. His Mom had invited you and Godric over for dinner. You had a pet snake then too, and he said you told it to wrap around Godric's legs, and when he stood up he fell over backwards and landed on his butt."

Salazar threw his head back and laughed loudly. "I remember that! Oh what a funny sight that was. He never let me forget that I had done that either, but after that, he always checked around his legs before standing up." And we all laughed.

"I talked to a snake one time. At the zoo." Harry said, patting Peanut on the head. "And of course the Basilisk."

"Can you still talk to them?" Salazar asked curiously.

"No. I found a snake in the garden this past summer and tried to talk to it, but I couldn't. When I told Professor Dumbledore about it, he says it's because Voldemort is gone."

"Well if he was the only reason you could talk to them, then it's best you can't anymore." Salazar said slightly disappointed, but then he grinned. "But I bet the Sorting Hat tried to put you in Slytherin because of it though."

"It did." Harry said with a laugh. "But you see I had already met Draco, and I knew he was going to be in Slytherin, so when I met Ron, I decided I wanted to be in Gryffindor. When the hat tried to put me in Slytherin, I asked it to put me in Gryffindor instead, and it did." And we all laughed.

"Salazar, did you and Godric ever become friends again?" I asked.

He smiled fondly and stared at out the window. "Actually yes, we did. I heard he was dying and I went to him, and we made peace with each other. I told him what I had become, and truth be told, he wasn't surprised. I offered to turn him, but he refused. We laughed, talked, and poked fun at each other, as we had always done, but it was short lived. A month after I had gone to him, he passed away. I still have those memories of that last month though, and I cling to them knowing that he died happy. The last thing he said to me was, 'I'm glad you came Salazar. I have missed you my friend, and I'm so happy you're here with me.' He passed away the next morning."

I wrapped my arms around him, and laid my head on his shoulder. "I'm glad you were able to make peace with him. I can't pretend to know how much it meant to you, but I do know that must have made you happy."

"It did." He said hugging me back, then he looked around the room. "You know, it feels so good be back among you all. I can truly say, I've missed this."

"So are you going to keep living under The Black Lake? Or are you going to live in the castle?" Draco asked.

"Well I thought I'd stay in my home for now. It's too early to really tell how my reappearance is going to affect the wizarding world. I know that many parents were here last night, but many more weren't. People fear my name, and it conjures up images like dark magic, dark wizards, and it doesn't help that some of the darkest wizards of all time came from my own house."

"Weeeeellll..." I said, with my voice trailing off, and staring up at the ceiling.

Salazar shot me a sideways glance, and gave me a sly smile. "Ok alright." He said with a chuckle. "I won't deny it, but never, never, never, would I use dark magic in front of a child, or teach a child how to do anything with dark magic, or use it against people as a weapon. That you can be sure of. Besides," He said looking at us with a grin. "I have you all to keep on the right path."

"You better believe it Mister!" I cried pointing at him, and we all laughed.

"I am thankful to all of you. You do not understand how much I've come to love you all." He said with a smile.

"We love you to Salazar." We all said with grins.

"But what about taking over Slytherin house?" Draco asked.

"Well I think Professor Snape does an excellent job with you all, but if I'm asked, and he is willing to relinquish Head of House duties, I would do it. I just don't know how parents would react to a vampire being a Head of House. Well that is to say, a known vampire." He grinned and we knew he was talking about Remus. "But for now, I just want to mingle. I want to get to know all the students first. Not just the Slytherins. I want to prove myself, and gain the trust of the wizarding world. Then we can talk about a possible position here at Hogwarts."

Just then there was a small commotion at the main doors of the great hall. Professor Dumbledore, Snape, Remus, and Sirius all came in, and they were talking rapidly to a man who was nervously twirling a bowler hat in his hands.

"What's that about?" I asked.

Salazar sighed. "Me." He said standing up, and we followed him to the front of the room.

"Is that the Minister for Magic?" I whispered, as we came to a halt in front of him.

"Yeah it's him. Cornelius Fudge." Harry whispered back, with a slight roll of his eyes.

"Harry my boy!" Fudge cried happily, when he noticed him standing there. "It's good to see you."

"Minister, how are you?" Harry asked, though I got the impression that Harry really didn't care to know the answer.

"I'm doing well." He said with a bright smile, then he turned to Salazar, and his bright smile turned into a nervous one. "Mr. Slytherin, how are you today sir?"

"Quite well. The gang and I," he said pointing to my friends and me, "were just sitting down at the breakfast table talking. It's been a pleasant morning." Then he looked at Peanut, who was still wrapped around his torso, and spoke in Parseltongue to her. Peanut nodded, and unwound herself, and slithered away.

The Minister watched this with a nervous tick flickering on his face, while the rest of us tried to hold back snickers.

"Don't mind Peanut, she is on her way home. Now, I understand you are here to see me for some reason." Salazar said, and looked at the Minister with a blank stare.

I snorted, because I couldn't tell if Salazar was trying to make Fudge nervous, or if Fudge was just truly nervous to be around him.

"Yes well...err...umm." Fudge stuttered, then cleared his throat. "Your sudden appearance has shocked the wizarding world, needless to say. The Daily Prophet article has caused quite a stir. The Ministry has been getting a steady stream of owls all morning. People are wondering if it's real, or if it's a Halloween prank. I've come today to see, if it is...in fact...real." He finished, and nearly dropped his hat.

"Well I assure you I'm just as real as you are. I saw the article in the paper, and it did an excellent job of quoting the speech I gave last night. I meant every word I said, and I don't care if I have to keep repeating what I said over and over again. That's the way I truly feel now."

"See Cornelius, we tried to tell you." Dumbledore said. "He isn't the next Voldemort."

Fudge flinched at the name, and looked at Salazar nervously. "Yes well, I had to be sure. People are concerned, giving that it's only been a short time since his demise."

"I can understand your concern Minister." Salazar said. "But my appearance really has nothing to do with that idiot boy. I just felt it was the right time. I have absolutely no intentions of harming anyone. All I want to do right now is enjoy Hogwarts. A few things have changed since my day, and I'd like to get to know the students, parents, and staff."

Fudge's nervousness didn't vanish completely, but he did relax a bit. "Well that's good news then!" He said a bit too happily. "I'm happy to hear that. Dumbledore, I trust you have a handle on the situation."

"I do Cornelius." He said with amusement.

"Splendid! I guess I should be off then. I'll head right to The Daily Prophet and let them know that I have been here, and that I've talked to you, Mr. Slytherin. I'll tell them to put the public's mind at ease. It was nice meeting you all, and thank you for a moment of your time Mr. Slytherin." He said shoving his hat on his head.

"It was my pleasure Minister." Salazar said with a nod.

"Thank you for stopping by Cornelius." Dumbledore said, leading him toward the doors, and we watched as they walked away.

As soon as Fudge was out of earshot we all burst out laughing.

"Is that guy even qualified to be Minister for Magic?" I asked, through tears of laughter.

"I'm surprised he didn't have a relapse and try to arrest Sirius." Harry snorted.

"Us too." Sirius said, pointing to himself and Remus.

"He's a dunderhead." Snape remarked.

"Poor Dumbledore." Salazar said shaking his head. "I've been listening for years, and the stuff he's had to put up with from that man. If it were me, I'd have cursed him by now."

I snorted. "I believe it."

The crow squawked overhead and it landed on my shoulder. Harry looked at it and asked, "Please tell me you are laughing just as hard as we are?"

It squawked again and ruffled it feathers. "That means yes." I said, with a snort. "Hey you guys meet us in the common room. My butt was starting to go numb from sitting on the benches. I want my comfy couch." I said, making a pouty face at the crow, and it squawked again.

"Oh, look who's starting to like the fact that they have a common room of their own." Draco teased, and I smacked him on the arm. He better watch it!

The boys were waiting on us when we got to my common room, so we all took seats at the study table.

"Did Fudge really think that Salazar was the next Voldemort?" Harry asked looking at Remus.

"Yeah he did. Fudge burst into Dumbledore's office, and demanded to know why he was letting Salazar roam around the castle. It wasn't until we arrived, that we were able to part way convince him to lighten up. Then Dumbledore suggested that Fudge talk to Salazar himself." Remus answered.

"You should have compelled him to go away." I grumbled.

"Believe me I wanted to, but I don't think it would have been right."

"Cornelius has always liked the easy path." Dumbledore said, walking into the common room. "All he wants is to be Minister, but without all of the hassle that goes with it. He's still not entirely convinced that Salazar means no harm, but at least he trusts me."

"Well one of the main reasons I have returned is because of Greyback, and his infatuation with Lynn. Nothing really scares me, but I'll admit, I was terrified when he showed up in Hogsmeade that day. All I could think about was, what if Lynn wasn't inside the house. What if she had been in Honeydukes, or walking down the street, and he snatched her."

"Well it would be hard to find her, because he has cleared out of the cave system in Ireland." Elijah said. "We went there a few nights ago, and it was deserted."

Dumbledore nodded. "I expected that. Do you have any clues as to his whereabouts?"

"None." Klaus said, shaking his head. "But we suspect he is close by."

"How do you know this?" Dumbledore asked curiously.

"It's a feeling." The vampires said together.

"With that many wolves around, it's hard not to sense them." Salazar said. "I've felt it too."

"Do you think he will try and attack the castle?" Harry asked.

"Well Stephen said, that his main goal was to take over the Ministry, but Greyback will hold Hogwarts hostage if he has too, in order to get what he wants." Elijah said.

"Over my undead body." Salazar spat. "That mangy animal won't last 5 seconds if he tries that."

"What about Lynn?" Draco asked. "If he's nearby what if he tries something, and takes her?"

"Nevermind me!" I cried. "I don't want those dogs to attack the school and someone getting killed."

"Well Lynn," Salazar said, "you are a main concern, even if you feel you aren't. Actually I'm glad the subject has come up. I've been wanting to tell you all of a spell that I have been working on. It's called a Blood Locating Spell."

"What does it do?" Sirius asked.

"Well the muggles actually gave me the idea. They have this thing called GPS. The muggles have put satellites in space and they send invisible radio signals all around the world." He answered.

"You're talking about a GPS tracking device!" Hermione exclaimed. "Salazar that's brilliant!"

"Exactly, and thank you Hermione." He said with a large smile. "Now, we all know that muggle devices don't work at Hogwarts because of all the magical interference, so going out and buying one from the muggle world won't work, but by using a spell, we can create the same affect."

"How?" Stefan asked.

"By using blood, more specifically, vampire blood. It's stronger than regular human blood, and it's more powerful, not to mention it has certain useful qualities to make the spell work."

"Like what?" Damon asked.

"The sire bond." He said grinning.

"Salazar?" I asked, playfully crossing my arms. "Have you been dabbling in Dark Magic again?"

He gave me a sly grin. "It's for a good cause."

"Uh huh." I said narrowing my eyes at him, and everyone laughed.

"So are you suggesting we turn Lynn into a vampire, right now?" Stefan asked confused.

"No, no, no. Not at all, but by using this," He said, reaching for the blood necklace that I was hiding under my shirt, "we can cast the Blood Locating Spell on the blood inside."

"You still haven't taken that thing off?" Draco laughed.

"Noooo, I haven't Draco." I replied swatting at him. "I like it, and it makes me feel close to them."

"And I'm glad it makes you feel that way, because in order for the spell to work, you have to have a deep connection to the bloods owner. I noticed yesterday that you didn't want Stephen and Carling's blood to go in here. May I ask why?"

I sighed. "Well don't get me wrong, Stephen and Carling are my friends, but the boys and Remus are much more special to me, and actually, if you want, I'd like to add your blood to it."

"I'd be delighted too." He said with a smile.

I took my necklace off and handed it to him. Salazar vamped out, and we watched him bite his wrist, and place the vile under the stream of blood. Once he was done, he recapped it and placed it on the table.

"So how is this going to work?" Hermione asked.

"Well, there is already a permanent cooling charm on it, so I don't have to do that. I'll cast the spell on the blood inside, and place an unbreakable charm on the vile and the leather cord. It's not a fool proof plan though, there's a catch."

"What's the catch?" Damon asked.

Salazar sighed. "In order for the spell to be activated she has to drink the blood."

"So kinda like flipping on, an on switch." Damon remarked. "That's not so bad."

"But in 24 hours the blood will have left my system, and it would be useless." I said confused.

"And there's the real catch. This blood will stay in your system forever." Salazar said looking at me.

"Wait, so even if she dies a 100 years from now, peacefully in her bed, she will become a vampire?" Klaus asked.

Salazar nodded. "That's why I don't want to proceed with this unless we are all in agreement." He said looking around at us.

"What happens when she drinks the blood and the spell activates?" Remus asked.

"We will be drawn to her like a moth to a flame. That's why it's important that she has a deep connection to the bloods owners."

"Kind of like a reversed sire bond." Elijah said in awe.

Salazar nodded again. "Yes. We will be sire bonded to her. Even though she won't be a vampire. This," he said taking a small vile out of his pocket, "is a blood bonding potion. It's one of my own creations. You no doubt know of the blood bonding charm. You cast it on Harry when his Aunt took him in." He said looking at Dumbledore, who nodded. "Well this works in a similar fashion only with a living person, in this case Lynn. When I mix this with the vampire blood, and if Lynn ever drinks it for one reason or another, we will be sired bonded to her. That's how we will be able to find her. The Blood Locating Spell ups the intensity of the sire bond by making it so strong, that no matter where in the world she is, we will be able to find her."

"Salazar, you're a genius!" Elijah exclaimed.

"Queen of the Undead." Harry snorted.

"Indeed." Damon laughed. "I'm in agreement."

"So am I." Klaus said, and Elijah nodded his head.

"Me too." Remus answered.

Damon looked at his brother. "Stefan?"

"Duh." Stefan said. "Why would I not be?"

Damon smirked. "Just making sure."

"Lynn?" Salazar asked. "How do you feel about it?"

"Let me make sure I've got this all straight. I drink the blood for whatever reason, and you guys find me. The blood stays in my system forever, so you guys will always be hovering around me like a bunch of mothering hens, and it doesn't matter if I die by drowning, or 100 years from now in my bed. I'll become a vampire no matter what."

Salazar laughed. "Yes, that's correct. Albus, what do you think?"

"I think it's brilliant." He said. "But how long will it take you all to find her if she is kidnapped?"

"It depends on how far away she is. It can take a few hours or a few days."

"What about after?" Snape asked. "What if he kidnaps her again?"

"The spell would have already been activated and we'd find her the same way again." Salazar answered.

Hermione spoke up quietly, and cast her eyes to the ground. "I have a question. Lynn once said that a vampire's sire bond is made out of love. What will happen to Elijah and I, if he is bonded to her?"

Salazar looked at her and smiled. "Absolutely nothing. This is more of a forced bond. Yes, there is love involved, but it will only intensify the feelings already there, thereby making it easier to find her. As I understand it, Elijah cares for Lynn like a younger sister, rather than a lover. It is those feelings that will bond him to her forever. Same goes for Remus, Damon, Stefan, and myself. Klaus on the other hand is a whole different ball of wax." He laughed.

Elijah leaned over and kissed her lips. "It will be alright Darling, I promise. And yes, Salazar is right. I care for Lynn like a sister."

Hermione smiled and relaxed. "Ok, I was worried. That's all."

"A-are you sure about all this?" Ron asked, looking at the blood necklace skeptically.

Salazar smiled at him. "Ron, I created the vampire race, and I have spent many hundreds of years exploring the magical properties of vampire blood. It will work."

I looked at Professor Dumbledore. "Sir, it's very important to me that I know how you feel about this."

He looked at me over his half moon spectacles and smiled. "Lynn, I have been worried about Greyback targeting you, and have lost sleep over wondering how to find you if he succeeds in taking you. I think it's a wonderful idea, and very fitting, seeing as you all are vampires." He said, pointing at the boys, Remus, and Salazar. "Would I suggest doing this with anyone else? No, I wouldn't, but as I said, it's fitting for you."

I smiled at him. "Thank you sir. I feel much better about it now."

"So you are in agreement as well?" Elijah asked.

"Yes I am, but just do me a favor." I said, glancing around at the table. "If I have to drink this for any reason, promise me that before I'm 30 you will snap my neck anyway, because I don't want to be an old wrinkly vampire. I'd still like to look half way decent if I'm going to live forever." I said with a laugh, and everyone snickered.

"Dually noted." Klaus grinned, and wrapped his arms around me. "I love you, and I just want you to be safe."

"I know you do." I said, kissing his lips. "And I love you too."

Damon made a gagging noise. "Gross."

"Shut it." I said grinning at him, and he smirked at me.

Salazar laughed. "Ok since we all agree, then I'll begin."

Salazar uncapped the vile, and poured the potion into it. We watched as he shook it up, which made the dark red blood inside turn bright red. He stuck the tip of his wand into the opening, muttered an incantation, and a black flame surrounded the vile. When it burned itself out, he recapped it and placed several charms on it. Including the Unbreakable charm, anti theft charms, and a lost and found charm that he made for the ring I always wore.

"There," He said with a smile. "I'm finished now. Lynn, don't ever take it off for any reason. Use it only if you feel your life is in danger."

"I promise." I said taking it from him. "Thank you."

He nodded his head. Salazar means business.

Dedicated to @GummDrops125 for commenting :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 115 19
We all know of the 𝗜𝗻𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗣𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 and his story. But what if he had a sister, a sister that he never told his friends of, a...
1M 54.8K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
7.2K 130 25
Sirius Black has a twin sister who always want to impress her parents. So when they get accepted into Hogwarts their parents are happy for them. So w...
875K 40.6K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...