Falling in Love with a Ghost

By darksolace

Kylie Livingston is your average, teenage girl. She has a past with ghosts so she can feel them or see them... More

Falling in Love with a Ghost:Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 1

5.3K 190 49
By darksolace

Kylie's POV

After cleaning for 3 days, our mansion looked beautiful as new. It didn't have webs, spiders and other creepy creatures anymore.

I almost fainted when I touched the hairy area of the spider. I have arachnophobia, ya know, so don't say I'm overreacting. I shuddered just by remembering it.

Then, I heard a soft creak coming from the library. I'm planning on running towards the exit but my feet wouldn't move! Dang it, feet! Why won't you cooperate?

Somehow, I knew what it was. It's a supernatural being called GHOST. My nightmare.

Then, I heard someone OR something saying "Death...Death...Death..." I think it's a man's voice 'cause it's deep and...smooth? NO!! How can I think that a ghost's voice is SMOOTH?! I hate ghosts. Hell! They even tried to kill me! I glared at the door of the library expecting the ghost to run away when he sees me glaring.

Acting like a brave girl, I walked towards the library with a heart that is on the verge of exploding against my chest. But, being the clumsy one, I tripped on my own foot and immediately kissed the floor.

"Oh. Hi, floor! How are you doing? You look great!" I greet the floor with a little sarcasm. Then, I heard a soft chuckle. 'How dare he chuckle at me like that!' I abruptly stood up from the floor, walking closer to the library ready to murder someone or rather something. Somehow, I forgot how scared I am before. 'Oh, just to inform you readers, I'm all alone in this house with a ghost so don't expect someone will like fly to our house and save me. I'm on my own now. If I die, I'll torture this ghost.'

Kris' POV

I sighed. It's really boring when you don't have someone to play with. Ah, just to tell you, I'm the hot ghost, the author mentioned in the description. Then, I heard a car stopped in front of the house. It's been years now since the last family left.

'Oh, it's playtime.'

I saw the new family went inside. Well, well, well. Wow! I sounded like Maleficent! Anyways, this is getting more exciting. There's a girl. Girls are the easiest target, after all. By target, I didn't mean that as one of the perverts use. Just think that I'm the bully, okay? Okay, where are we now? Oh. The girls' faces are all priceless, I tell you.

The family started cleaning. I learned that the girl's name is Kylie Livingston. Not bad. I put most of the spiders to the area where she's cleaning. Haha. Her face turned white when she touched the spider. This is going to be fun. I'll start when they're finished.

Let me tell you a few things about me. I lived here before I died. I can imagine you saying," Yeah, we can see that." And I couldn't rest in peace 'cause...I don't know. Maybe, there's something I had to do, but never had the chance to do it because I died?

After 3 days, they finished cleaning. Time to take the first step. And it was a nice timing 'cause she's alone. I made the door of the library creak by moving it slightly. I saw her stiffened.

Pffft!! I thought she's tough. She even made her brother speechless a long time ago. I know her brother is a scaredy-cat, but I'm not really into boys.

Suddenly, she glared at the door where I'm standing next to.

'Ooohh, scary..' I thought, faking a scared expression even though she couldn't see it. Then, she walked closer but what a clumsy person! She tripped! She even talked to the floor! I made a soft chuckle. I bet she heard it 'cause she just glared at me.

'Oooppss..I think I just angered the little kitten.' I smirked.

Kylie's POV

I can imagine the ghost smirking. I can feel his presence beside the door so I glared at that direction. I'm about to explode from anger when my parents came back. I glanced downstairs. I sighed in relief that they're back. I looked back to the library but I can no longer feel his presence.

Oh, well. It probably got scared.

I went downstairs and kissed my parents on the cheeks. I saw my brother pointing at his left cheek, giving me an expectant look. I then made a disgusted look and stuck my tongue out.

"Why, you little..!!" my brother exclaimed, chasing me. We ran around the house until we got tired. Then, we realized that we were inside of our garden. I almost had an heart attack when I heard the bushes move. I felt Jake stiffened. Then, something jumped out causing my brother and I to jump and hug each other.

We walked closer to the thing that jumped out. My brother clinging onto me as if his life depends on me.

"It's just a black cat. No need to worry." I sighed in relief. Then, it hissed loudly causing Jake to run back to the house and scream at the top of his lungs. I just shook my head at his cowardice.

I then turned my attention back to the black cat. We stared at each other for 2 minutes straight. I decided to change my expression so I glared at the cat. Then, I saw the cat glaring back!

'Oh, my God. It can copy my expression?!' I gasped inwardly.

I ran back to the house. It's already 6 pm. I saw my mom cooking dinner in the kitchen, obviously. You think she'll cook inside her room? Of course, not. That would be crazy.

Anyway, I went straight to my room and plopped down on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Letting my mind remember the events that happened earlier.

What if my parents didn't come back that time? I would definitely die from a heart attack. I shuddered at the thought of dying this early. Then, the door burst open revealing my brother half-naked. He probably just finished showering.

He narrowed his eyes at me, "What are you doing?"

"Uhmm.. Staring at the ceiling, obviously." I said as if that's the most obvious answer in the world.

"Yeah, I can see that.", He said rolling his eyes." It's your turn."

"Yeah, I can see that." I copied his answer.

My brother just gave me an irritated look before he left. Before I went inside the bathroom, something hit me. I didn't check my phone! I stumbled back to my room, searching for my phone. I didn't even contact my friends to know how they are doing. I found my phone under my pillow and saw that I have 36 missed calls. 18 from Maria and the same from Rachelle. I dialed Maria's number. After 3 rings, she picked up.

"Hello, Mars." I started nervously. I guess they're angry at me right now for not answering their calls.

"Don't "hello, Mars" me!", she snapped. Figures

"Didn't you know how worried we were about you?!" she said.

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm just busy here. I'm very sorry. But you'll visit me this weekend, right?" I asked.

"Of course!! We already miss you!!!" she exclaimed.

" Yeah, she"s right", Rachelle then joined in on the other line.

Then, I heard my mom called me.

"Hey, I miss you, too but I gotta go. I think Mom just finished cooking."

"Okay." they both said.

"Eat a lot of veggies, okay?" Rachelle said in a motherly tone.

"Yes, mother." I replied in a very sweet tone. I can feel them roll their eyes on the other line.

"Okay, good girl. See ya!"-Rachelle

"See you this weekend, Kylie!" Maria squealed. I have to put my phone away from my ears to avoid damage to my eardrums.

"Okay, bye." I hung up.

Then, we ate dinner. My brother was unexpectedly quiet when he sat down. I eyed him suspiciously. I saw him trembled a little. I guess he couldn't get over with the cat-thing earlier. It's a black cat, after all. So, I decided that I'm going to wash the dishes instead of him. I tried to tell the cat-thing to my parents but Jake shot me a don't-you-even-dare-look. So I kept quiet.

It's time for bed. I was on the verge of sleeping when my blanket seemed to go down as if someone's pulling it. I thought it was just my brother, so I ignored it. Then, the croaking sound began. I felt my hair stood up as if I was electrified. My brother wouldn't definitely do that. It's a ghost! And it's breathing! It's f*cking breathing!!!

Suddenly, my adrenaline rushed up so I abruptly sat up and...BANG! I hit something hard. I rubbed my forehead where it was hit. I was going to say something when someone spoke...

"Ow...What did you put inside that head of yours? A tank?!" he or it asked incredulously.

I was too shocked to move or to say something. This ghost is freaking.....PRETTY!! I stared at him with my eyes wide open.

-----------

So here's the chapter 1!! I hope it wasn't that bad..Hope you like it..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293 16 31
My name is Claire Rose and I'm clairvoyant. I help ghosts cross over to the other side. Relax, it's nothing as dramatic as Jennifer Love Hewitt in G...
634 37 18
Alicia and Chloe were two best friends with a weird past. Two seventeen year olds kicking a soccer ball around. As happy as they could be. The silenc...
280K 9.3K 29
Kylie Jenson is not popular nor is she girly. In fact, she's the opposite. She doesn't wear makeup or designer clothes (gasp), she hates shopping (do...
51.9K 2.8K 20
[COMPLETE] "You- You're alive?!" Stella Moore has a problem. It's not something as simple as picking out what shirt to wear; no, its much more compli...