Rule of Vampire King Stavros

By hackerindisguise

"Are you trying to intimidate me?" Came to his response which crumbled all the confidence I had just built up... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 24

3.1K 135 10
By hackerindisguise

"So how did you come to work for the King?" I ask Matt sweetly as he plucks a rose out from the field of roses in front of us.

This castle never failed to surprise me and here I was standing in front of the field of red and white roses. They were majestic I thought.

Matt and I were taking a walk around the castle and later we had plans to go into town with Lila.

"Well my dad worked for the previous King and so did his dad and you kind of get the idea." He replied now studying the rose for any thorns.

"So you were born into it..." I nodded as I decided to pluck a white rose. "Ouch" I exclaimed when I pricked the skin on my finger.

Matt hurriedly grabbed my hand and inspected my tiny wound. Just then a smiling Lila came strolling in wearing a red cape. As soon as her eyes set on me and Matt, a worried expression took over her features.

"Oh Lord, are you okay Elise?" She ran over to me also inspecting my wound. Matt jumped in shock and automatically his eyes moved over to check Lila out. I could see his pupils growing bring and a slight blush taking over his cheeks.

"I am fine you guys." I giggled as I retrieved my hand back from them and that's when I glanced up at the window.

I gasped when my eyes met Stavros's reflection as he stared at me through the window with his arms crossed across his chest. It seemed like he was glaring at me with his dark eyes narrowed.

"Are you guys ready to head to town?" Matt asked breaking my train of thoughts and forcing me to look back at him.

"I am so ready!" Lila cheerfully screamed and I took time to look at her outfit smiling. She was so cute.

"Was that cape really necessary?" I teased Lila thinking back to our previous conversation. Lila told me that Matt adores the colour red.

"Yes it was." Lila twirled to show off once more.

"The carriage is waiting my ladies." Matt bowed to the both of us earning a chuckle from me and a slap on the back of his head from Lila.

"Ow what was that for!" He whined like an infant.

———

The journey to town took approximately thirty minutes. I was left with my mouth open when I observed the scene in front of me. The vibrant colour of fabrics and accessories stole my attention.

"Wow, this is just wow" I spoke while Lila smiled at me.

"This is the best part about Aberda. There are fine linens imported from all over the world which you wouldn't be able to find in any other towns." Lila explained and I nodded.

"The King has commanded that you must buy whatever you like as he owes you wages." Matt announced and I paused in my steps.

"What do you mean my wages? I am already being paid with food and shelter, even though I am not a maid anymore." I muttered the last part to myself as I looked over to Matt for an explanation.

"Did you already forget contessa? I once told you the King is quite generous." Matt affirmed as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Right" I replied and was immediately pulled by Lila to some shop.

"Have fun and don't get lost!" I heard Matt scream at us as we dived into the crowd.

Lila and I visited every single shop there was and I realised how picky Lila is with her shopping and not to forget the almost fights she started by arguing over the price.

"That is unfair! Give it to me for half of the price." She argued with the shopkeeper over some antique cutlery.

"But ma'am I can not do that. This fine piece is all the way from the states." The wrinkly old man furrowed his eyebrows, probably questioning himself how he got tangled in this situation.

"Yes but I work in the castle do you not know? And this lady here is the King's future wife!" Lila exclaimed a little too loud and soon gasps were heard amongst the crowd that had started to form. Everyone was now staring at me with wide eyes and whispering in hushed tones.

"Is that so. Then I will make you a deal." The old man and Lila negotiated thankfully as I shifted from one foot to another. I did not like drawing attention to myself.

"Lila lets go now please." I pleaded and dragged her out of the shop and ran away from the crowd.

"Are you hungry?" Lila questioned as she struggled to hold the bags.

"Yes. And let me help you with those." Lila shook her head refusing to accept my help.

"What was that about back there?" I folded my arms across my chest.

"Oh that is just a handy trick into getting goods for free, I do this every time I come here."

"Okaaay..." I replied unsure. Lila sure was really crazy.

"I'm going to go get us something to eat, you stay here okay?" Lila scurried off in the direction of the food stalls without waiting for my reply.

Cool breeze was blowing past my hair as I enjoyed looking at the crowds. It was my first time out in the markets like this. My aunt really  was cruel for keeping me locked up and making me miss out on life. What I didn't get was why she felt this way towards me. What had I done to her?

I ran up the stairs to the basement door as I slowly watched light disappear. My aunt had asked me to retrieve something from downstairs and so I had come to get it. Little did I know she would lock me up!

"Let me out please! Let me out!" I banged continuously on the doors.

I turned around to walk down the stairs. The pitch black dark always frightened me yet this time all I had in my mind were questions.

A week ago I found myself in the room upstairs. I had no memories of living here though. It was like my memories had been wiped away. I didn't recognise this household. When I looked at the calendar, all I remembered was that my birthday was 3 days ago, 14th April. Everything was blank before that, why?

Unanticipatedly I was yanked into one of the streets. I tried to scream but a large cold hand muffled it. My face was whacked against the harsh wall which instantly created sting sensations.

"I found you eventually princess" A throaty voice laughed evilly as he tightened the grip on my wrists.

The more I struggled against him the tighter his hold got. "Oh give it up already. I'm going to enjoy this one." I felt his disgustingly hot breath in my ear and shivered in cringe.

"Lemphe pmhe yuu pmagllt"

"First I am going to devour you then I will cut you into little pieces to avenge my master!" He spat with venom. Liquid started leaking out of my wrists and an unbearable pain shot through them. Tears started spilling from my eyes as I thought I will never be able to get out of the situation.

Without any warning, the man was jerked off of me and I heard punches. I was too afraid to turn around but when I heard the familiar voice, I did.

"Xavier?"

Xavier was beating up the man who looked to be in his early thirties. He had tanned skin and electric blue eyes. There was also a big scar on his eyebrow and a couple of ear piercings. My legs shook as I took the scene in front of me.

The man got away as Xavier cursed under his breath. He turned to face me, a very concerned look taking over his features.

"Are you alright Elisa?" He asked tenderly holding my hands.

I just kept staring off into space.

"I think I know him. What did he say?" Xavier growled as he stood stiffly and let go of my hands.

"He said he will murder me. H-h-he said he found me at last." I recalled with a stoic expression.

I jumped when Xavier growled once more and punched the wall, creating a hole.

"That filthy vampire can not even take care of you. Look at what he got you into!" I could see pure hatred in his eyes.

"I respected your decision of staying in his castle but it seems that he is pathetic in his protection!" He continued verbally abusing Stavros.

"And what are you doing here anyway all alone!" Xavier screamed the last part as he put his hands on the wall caging me in.

"Just stop!" I screamed back breaking my silence. Xavier seemed shocked by my outburst.

"This has nothing to do with Stavros! And I am not alone! I came with Lila and Mathew." I yelled fuming.

"Elisa, imagine if I wasn't here on time, you would be abducted by that man and I can't even speak of the things he was planning on doing to you." Xavier spoke a little calmly this time.

"I'm sorry. I should be thanking you." I took notice of Xaviers outfit. He was wearing a hood which was masking his face. I guess he couldn't risk being seen in his enemy's territory.

"Please rethink your decision. I can keep you more safe and...happier." Pleaded Xavier which broke my heart. What did I do to deserve such a friend.

———

When Xavier dropped me home I locked myself up in my room. Lila and Matt arrived shortly after me and demanded answers however my quiet self didn't give anything away. They looked confused at my abrupt behaviour. I decided to not utter a single word about what happened to anyone. Not even the King.

I quivered in terror as I recalled the mans threats. It seemed like he knew me and was looking for me. But I spent my whole life locked away in the basement. There was something I was missing in my life though. The memory about my parents and my childhood. I could only recall a few blurred scenes which wasn't helping at all.

I didn't even realise I was crying until I felt my hands wet. I was sitting on the floor all curled up. I was all alone, what was I even doing in life?

Suddenly a knock came through. "Elise it Lila, I  have brought up your dinner. Open up please."

"I do not want to eat." I spoke softly.

"Are you sure?" Lila asked and then I heard his manly voice "Who doesn't want to eat?"

I got up and panicked. I couldn't let him see me like this. I hurried into the bathroom and locked the door. I looked at myself in the mirror. A girl with puffy red eyes and tear stained face was staring back at me. I splashed my self with cold water but no matter what, the tears continued to spill. You know when you want to stop crying but can't?

"Elise?" Came his soothing voice which made my heart dance.

"Come out." He demanded and my legs automatically moved towards the door. There was magic in his voice which drew me to him.

I opened the door to reveal Stavros in his business attire. His white shirt was rolled up to his elbows and he was wearing black pants. His hair was messy making him look more attractive. Suddenly I felt guilty as he must have finished working.

His face dropped as his eyes inspected my form. I shyly looked down unable to meet the intensity of his stare. A million things ran through my mind from every thing that happened to Xaviers offer to stay with him.

I felt his warm hands caress my cheek and I couldn't help but leaned into his soft touch.

"What happened darling?" Stavros pressed.

My heart did a double take at the affectionate word he used. It made me want to tell him everything and I did except leaving the part about Xavier. I replaced Xavier with a stranger.

By the time I was finished, Stavros pulled me into his hard body, engulfing me in his big arms. I held his shirt tightly. He felt like home to me and I accepted the feeling. He smelt of woods and strong cologne.

Stavros pulled back and wiped the remaining tears. "I promise you I will make him pay whoever he was." He pulled me towards the bed where my food sat.

"For now its time to eat and put the past behind us."

And thats how the rest of the night went. Stavros and I were getting closer than ever and I realised one thing. I could never leave this castle and go to Xaviers. I simply wouldn't be able to live without Stavros. I felt dependent on him but the feeling I got being with him is growing stronger day by day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3M 117K 53
"I don't want to go with you" I whispered... Big mistake. I screamed as he slammed me down to the ground hard and held my neck, he straddled my hip...
10K 503 7
Two powerful men at each other's throats to get back for what the other did, except the cycle just continues. It never subdued, war, death, and anger...
2.8M 49.9K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...
1.5M 25.9K 24
[COMPLETED] As I was beginning to relax, a new terror coursed through my body at his next word, "Strip." "Ex-excuse me?" I blurted out. I wasn't get...