A promise to be better- Winte...

由 robbiewazup

Y/n Ironwood, son of the genius weapons inventor Anthony Ironwood, made a promise to himself, a promise to be... 更多

Dreaming of the past
Dinner and a kidnapping
Genius hostage
The aftermath
Symbiotic revelations
Ultimate culmination of science and nature

Genius, bilionaire, playboy, philanthropist

10K 110 50
由 robbiewazup

Welcome to Iron tech. The biggest tech company in the world! I am it's owner, Y/n Ironwood. Riches and intelligence can only get you so far. But selling what everyone wants? Now that's where being smart and wealthy both come from for me!

I stand in front of the crowd. All of them in a cluster awaiting the reveal of my latest products.
Y/n: "They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only need to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how Atlas does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Iron Tech's Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee you the bad guys won't even want to come out of their holes. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration, I give you the first mechanised warriors... the Atlesian knight 130!"

The crowd roars with applause as the robots walk behind me and salute

Y/n: "thank you, thank you. You're too kind, thank you! But ladies and gentlemen this is not the only thing which we will be soon be able to offer to you all, with help from... other companies, Iron tech has been able to make incredible strides in mechanised autonomy. Robotic suits which can be controlled via a human pilot or even from a remote location! Now whilst we aren't able to have the military version here for you today, we do have the load bearer variant as we are calling it! If you'd all please turn your attention to the crate over there. Ladies and gentlemen I give you... the AMP, amplified mobility platform!"

The crowd of military personal and high ranking officials turn towards the large Schnee dust company crate off to the side... WHAM! A large dent is made from the inside, then another and another until finally a metal fist punches through the wall and rips the crate open then walks out to applause and audible gasps

Y/n: "even without weapons installed, it has many uses. This mech can lift weights of up to 400 tonnes on it's own, it's powered by Iron techs signature dust reactors which will NOT run out of juice for at least a decade even with continuous use for those ten years! As I mentioned in the beginning, any equipment you wish to purchase is readily available and all you need do is place an order with our company. I thank you all for your time and please remember... the right way is the Y/n way!"

I walk off towards my limo, high fiving the generals and admirals who have come to inspect the new hardware

???: "Y/n."

I stop in my tracks and smirk. I turn around and right behind me is my uncle!

Y/n:" uncle James!"

I run over to him and give him a bro hug
Ironwood: "it's been too long! Look at you now! The spitting image of your father. He'd be proud of you Y/n."

Y/n: "thanks. I like to think he is."

Ironwood: "say you're over 25 now right?"

Y/n: "geez that proves how long it's been uncle, I'm nearly 28."

Ironwood: "right... it's been a long time. I have something for you."
I rummages in his pocket before presenting a small memory stick on a chain "you father wanted you to have this once you had the company running smoothly. It's yours."

I take it and place it in my pocket
Y/n: "thanks. What's on it?"

Ironwood: "heh, you'll see. Just be careful with it."

Y/n: "ok thanks. You wanna grab a drink sometime?"

Ironwood: "sure, I can make some time for my nephew, just let me know when you're free."

Security guard: "sir, you have a call waiting for you in the limo."

Y/n: "ok thanks. I'll see you soon uncle."

Ironwood smiles and waves as I starts walking to my car
Ironwood: "remember to check out those files!"

*timeskip, that afternoon.*

I've been looking through the files uncle James gave me from my father. Some incredible ideas for powered flight suits, better energy consumption for the power cores and even new weapon ideas which he couldn't make because the technology didn't exist 20 years ago!

Secretary: "Mr Ironwood there's-."

Y/n: "-ah Tina! Just the girl, come here a moment would you?"
My secretary walks over to my desk "take a look at this. Found it in one of dad's old files. You ever seen this before?"

Secretary: "I believe this was one of his projects for you sir."

Y/n: "for me?"

Secretary: "he knew you were always upset that you didn't have a semblance and never trained to become a huntsman so he was going to build this suit for you. He never did though, I always wondered why."

Y/n: "heh, even when he's gone, he still looks after me. Anyway, what was it you wanted?"

Secretary: "hmm?  Oh! You have someone to see you sir."

Y/n: "I have no meetings in my schedule, who is it?"

Secretary: "a representative of the atlas military."

Y/n: *sigh* "who is it?"

Secretary: "By the emblem on her clothing I believe she's a Schnee."

Y/n: "great just what I needed... wait the Schnee is a her? Yeah, s-show her in."

My secretary nods and walks out. A few moments pass and in she walks... Winter Schnee. My oldest and most trusted friend.
Y/n: "Winter, I didn't expect you, please sit."

Winter smiles as she sits down and notices the champagne bottle off to the side of my desk
Winter: "you didn't expect me yet you have my favourite champagne waiting here when I arrive."

I close the file down and shut off my screen then turn to her
Y/n: "well truth be told, I was going to have it delivered to you as a suprise. I didn't expect you to be working your birthday."

Winter: "business before pleasure."

Y/n: "I bet you don't say that to your boyfriend."

Winter: "I swear we have this conversation everytime we meet! I don't have a boyfriend, or a fiancé, or a suitor 'waiting in the wings' as you keep calling it! I'm single and happy to be!"

Y/n: "ok calm down! Geez only trying to make you laugh."

Winter: "I... sorry."

Y/n: "as am I. So my dear friend, what can I do for you?"

Winter: "well the general wanted someone to place an order of your new knights, the mark 130. And I thought it's been a while since we've seen each other so I said I'd come and make the arrangements."

I smirk and rest my feet on my desk
Y/n: "just to see little old me? Aww you shouldn't have."

Winter: "you're still a dolt!"

I stand up and walk towards the balcony doors and open them, striding out and looking out at the sprawling metropolis that is my empire... my father's empire.
Y/n: "and you're still my saviour."

Winter walks beside me and leans on the stone wall
Winter: "I still can't believe it's been 20 years already..."

Y/n: "yeah... 20 years tomorrow... *sigh*... heh... eheh ehehehehe!"

Winter: "mind telling me whats so funny?"

Y/n: "just thinking of old times, do you remember when we snuck onto the assembly lines and changed the codes so all the weapons came out pink?!"

Winter: *giggles* "we got in soooo much trouble for that! Your mom said she liked the colour though!"

Y/n: "I got grounded for like 6 months, which was the same 6 months it took to re-do the order we ruined! Good times."

Winter: "you miss them... don't you?"

Y/n: "well of course I do... after all it was-"

Winter: "-don't say it!"

Y/n: "but it was... I'm sorry, I shouldn't be bumming you out like this! This is your birthday! I know! When's your next day off?"

Winter: "tomorrow..."

Y/n: "r-right... bad timing I guess..."

Winter: "it is a little..."

Y/n: "you know what, no! Tomorrow I'm taking you out to dinner! What was the name of that restaurant you're always going on about... 'Blanchard's' isn't it?"

Winter rolls her eyes and smile
Winter: "it's pronounced 'Blanche' you goof. But yeah... I'd like that, we'll have a drink in their memory too."

Y/n: "yeah, I like the sound of that!"
She leans her head on my shoulder and smiles

Winter: "...who'd have thought this is where we'd both end up? Me in the military and you in charge of the greatest tech company on Remnant?"

Y/n: "I know, definitely not what I wanted to do."

Winter: "I know... I know."

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

33K 331 19
You are Y/N L/N, a Huntsman who graduated from Atlas Academy. His team had gotten killed on a Search and Destroy mission and he was the only one who...
103 0 22
A new threat puts worlds in danger; countless heros dead, countless worlds destroyed, and all in vain as showing the threat will never stop. The Crea...
279K 2.3K 30
Cover temporary. Calvin Schnee, Brother of Weiss Schnee, was abused for years. His 'father' beat him, and broke his bones daily. His sister wasn't m...
5.3K 257 15
Semblances are a wonderful thing. Borderline magical abilities that are nearly unique to the individual. Each one crafted to suit the individual, a m...