The Quidditch Pitch - Oliver...

By HalfBloodPrincess93

Serena Carrow is a pureblood wizard who is Captain of the Slytherin Quidditch Team. She focuses on Quidditch... More

Bribery
Back to Hogwarts
Rivals
Tryouts
Plotting
Practice, Practice, Practice
Truce
The Date
What Is This Feeling?
Defeat
Polyjuice Potion
Take Me Away
No More Pretending
Christmas
If you're an Owl, I'm an Owl
Accidents and Heartbreak
Injured
I'm Here
I Forgive You
The Broom Cupboard
In the End
Author's Note

The Deal

30.5K 767 2K
By HalfBloodPrincess93

Serena, Olivia and Maggie were almost late to class the next morning. The three of them were sprawled out on their beds and Olivia’s cat was scratching at her sheets.

“Midnight…go away,” mumbled Olivia. Serena slowly opened her eyes.

“What time is it?” asked Maggie.

“Shit! We have five minutes to get to class!” yelled Serena. The three girls jumped up and quickly threw their school robes on.

“Let’s go!” said Maggie on the way out the door. They ran through the corridors on their way to class.

“Ah fuck, what class do we have first?” asked Olivia as she pulled her schedule out of her bag.

“Ancient Runes,” said Maggie looking over her shoulder. There were no students left in the hallway.

“Great, we’re going to get detention,” said Serena. “We’ve got to run!”

They ran as fast as they could all the way to Ancient Runes where Professor Babbling ended up taking fifteen points from Slytherin.

“That’s not as bad as I thought,” said Maggie as they took their seats. Serena looked over towards Oliver Wood and saw he was laughing with a bunch of his friends.

“Prick,” mumbled Serena.

Halfway into class, Maggie was falling asleep, Olivia was trying to decipher the numbers in her book and Serena was writing down more practice plays in her notebook.

When the bell rang to signal the end of class, they headed to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

“Ancient Runes is a waste of life,” said Olivia as they walked to class. “What is even the point of it?”

“You signed up to take it,” said Maggie.

“Yeah, only because you two told me to.”

“Will you both shut up?” asked Serena as they stepped into the classroom. “I heard our new professor is a complete fake.”

“Who cares?” said Maggie. “He’s handsome!”

“I’d back off if I were you,” said Olivia. “Jade already called dibs.”

Serena was right. Professor Lockhart was a complete fake. He had no idea what he was talking about the whole class. All he managed to do was set his chalkboard on fire and tell us the importance of blow-drying your hair before a photo shoot.

“The only thing I’ve learned today is that we should have stayed in bed,” mumbled Maggie as we sat down for lunch. Jade joined us.

“Hope you’re having a good day?” asked Olivia.

Jade looked gorgeous as ever. She looked flawless every single day and that’s why all the boys swooned over her.

“Herbology was shit,” she said as she grabbed an apple. “Charms was shit.”

“Defense Against the Dark Arts isn’t much better,” said Serena. “Although you might enjoy it.”

“Oh Lockhart,” she said with a smile.

“How was Flint?” said Olivia.

“Oh shut up,” snapped Jade. “I let him touch me. That was it. Although he seemed to think I promised him more.”

“That’s gross,” said Serena.

The day dragged on. Serena was able to focus in Potions because it was her best subject. It was easy when Professor Snape favored you. He doesn’t favor everyone, just mostly Slytherins, and she got bonus points because he hand chose her for Slytherin Quidditch Captain.

When Potions ended, Serena was done for the day. She jumped up and threw her books in her back and darted for the door. She wanted to get down to the Quidditch Pitch as soon as possible.

“Miss Carrow, can I please speak with you for a moment?” sneered Professor Snape. Her friends looked back at her before they walked out the door. The classroom cleared quickly. She approached Professor Snape as he was sitting as his desk scribbling something on a piece of parchment.

“Yes, Professor?”

“I assume your father has told you about the deal with Lucius Malfoy,” he said as he looked up.

“Yes, he told me,” she said glumly. She still wasn’t thrilled about being told who to put on the team. It was her team after all. She thought she deserved the final say.

“This letter regards the training of our new Seeker,” he said as he slipped her the parchment. “If you have any trouble with booking the pitch for practice, just show the Captain this and there should be no problems. If there is, report them to me and I’ll take care of it.”

Serena took the parchment from Snape and read it. It basically gave them permission to practice whenever they want.

“We’ll beat Gryffindor this year, sir,” said Serena as she tucked the parchment away in her bag.

“I’m sure we will,” he said as he stood up. “You can go.”

Serena skipped out of the classroom and made her way around the corner to the Slytherin common room to change out of her school robes.

“Where are you off to in such a hurry?” asked Flint as he saw her leave her dormitory.

“Quidditch pitch,” she answered without stopping.

“You need some assistance?” he asked.

“No thanks,” said Serena as she scurried out of the common room leaving Marcus Flint very irritated.

When Serena practiced, she wanted to be alone. The Nimbus 2001 was amazing and it flew smoothly. Much better than the shitty Cleansweep Sevens that the school owned. Maybe having Malfoy on the team wouldn’t be so terrible if we were all on these. She was able to throw a couple Quaffles into the hoops until she saw a figure headed towards the pitch.

“Flint, I told you not to follow me!” yelled Serena as she touched back on the ground. He had managed to find the stash of Nimbus 2001s. “Where did you find that?”

“The locker room,” he said. “You didn’t hide them very well. We all getting these this year?”

“Yes, a gift from Lucius Malfoy.”

“Excellent. We’ll make every team cry once they see us with these. I hope Wood has a heart attack.”

“Brooms mean nothing if we don’t have a strong team,” snapped Serena. “What are you doing out here? I told you I didn’t want your company.”

“We need to get a couple things straight,” he said. Serena raised her eyebrow at him wondering why he was giving the Captain attitude. “I was Captain last year, and let’s face it, you need a few pointers. You have no idea what you’re getting yourself into.”

“I think I do,” she said as she tried to turn away. Marcus grabbed her arm.

“You’re the only girl on the Slytherin team,” he said. “You think a bunch of blokes are going to listen to a chick like you?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Men only respect men,” he said. Of course this wasn’t true, but he was a moron. Serena didn’t want to listen to more of what he had to say.

“Just because there haven’t been more girls on the team in the past, doesn’t mean that won’t change. I’m the Captain now, Flint, not you! You can’t tell me what to do.”

“Fine,” he snapped. “But don’t come crying to me when the team overthrows you.”

“Overthrows me?” she asked. He had caught her attention. “They can’t overthrow me.”

“Sure they can,” he said. “If there are enough complaints from the team, we can go to Professor Snape and he can give Captain to someone else.”

“He picked me for a reason,” she fought back.

“Doesn’t matter,” he sneered. Serena wanted to kick him in his shins, but resisted the urge. If Flint weren’t such a damn good Chaser she wouldn’t even put him back on the team. “You need my help.”

“What do I have to do?” She finally gave in.

“First off, you can’t put any girls on the team,” he stated.

“Why not?”

“Because too many girls cause too much drama. Plus, you don’t want to distract the boys as much as you already have.”

“What on earth do you mean by that?”

“Oh come on, Carrow. You know you have a nice arse.” He grinned while looking down at her lower half. “If you add more girls, it’ll just get worse. We’re the best because we have focus. Take Gryffindor for example…they’ve got three girls and the blood-traitors can hardly keep their focus. Not to mention it takes them fifteen minutes to start practice because the girls are blabbing.”

“Okay, okay I get it,” snapped Serena. She didn’t like that Flint was telling her what to do, but she didn’t have a choice. He did bring up good points.

“Second off, if you are injured or unable to fulfill your duties as Captain, then I take over for you.”

She didn’t see anything wrong with that besides the fact that he was malicious. His practices were far from civilized.

“Okay,” agreed Serena with a deep sigh. “But that includes backing me up as well. If the team doesn’t listen to me, you have to help me.”

“Deal,” he said. “On one condition…”

“No, no, no. No, Flint, no conditions,” she said knowing already what the condition was.

“Then I can’t guarantee backing you up when the team starts throwing Quaffles at your head!”

She glared at him for a long minute. He just smirked.

“What?” she finally snapped.

“You have to let me shag you whenever I want,” he said with an evil grin.

“Oh come on!” yelled Serena. “Can’t I just show you my boobs and be done with it? That’s totally not fair and you know it!”

“That’s my condition,” he said while crossing his arms.

“Fine,” she snapped as she stepped closer to him and got up in his face. “But if you tell ANYONE about it – and I mean ANYONE. I will cut your balls off while you sleep and shove them down your throat.”

“Oh, I like ‘em mean,” he said with a wink.

“I’m serious you prick,” she snapped. “If you tell, the deal’s off.”

“How’s about we go ahead and get started.”

Serena climbed on her broom and pushed off high into the air.

“Sorry Flint, Quidditch practice doesn’t start until October,” she said as she sent a Bludger flying his way. Serves him right, she thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 34.5K 78
"Jeez Caddell, do you always wear that much perfume?" Oliver asked, smirking. I turned around to glare at him. "Was it not your brilliant idea to avo...
18.6K 463 45
Julia Diggory. Ravenclaw. Cousin of Cedric Diggory. Currently the girlfriend of Draco Malfoy. Pureblood. When she spots the famous Gryffindor keeper...
544K 15.6K 113
Eliza Dawlish shocked her Slytherin family when sorted into Gryffindor. Her love of Quidditch sparked an interest in a certain Gryffindor Captain, O...