The Broom Cupboard

Serena returned to her dormitory the next morning where she was greeted by Maggie, Olivia and Jade with huge hugs.

“We thought you weren’t ever coming back!” exclaimed Jade.

“Oh shut up! No we didn’t,” said Maggie as she squeezed Serena so hard she thought her ribs were going to crack.

“We missed you so much!” said Olivia.

“How do you feel?” asked Maggie. Now that she brought it up, her head was kind of sore.

“It still hurts a little,” she said as she rubbed it.

“You’ve missed so much!” said Olivia. Serena let her friends go on about everything that’s been happening at the school. Little did they know that Serena already knew everything.

“And get this, they’re still making us take exams! I still have to take my N.E.W.T.s!” exclaimed Jade. “Like, half the school is hiding in terror. We aren’t allowed to use the bathrooms but they can stick us in a room and take a test when we could be attacked at any minute!”

“Jade, you aren’t going to be attacked,” said Olivia. “You’re a pure blood. Pretty much the purest you can get.”

“Well still,” said Jade. “It doesn’t mean I’m not worried about it.”

“Have you talked to Oliver?” asked Maggie. Olivia and Jade were quiet waiting for her answer.

“No,” lied Serena. “I was planning on talking to him today.”

“Why?” asked Jade. “He’s a piece of shit.”

“I just want to get everything sorted out,” said Serena not wanting to tell her friends the truth.

“Are you coming to breakfast with us?” asked Jade.

“I think I’m going to skip it,” said Serena. “I really need to take a shower…and I plan to take a long one.”

“Okay, we’ll see you in class,” said Maggie as the three of them left the common room.

Serena walked slowly up to her room and threw off her Quidditch robes that she was still wearing and walked into her bathroom. She started the water and stepped in. The water was warm on her skin and she just stood there as it cascaded down her body. She lathered up the shampoo and ran her fingers through the tangles in her hair. After thirty minutes, she remembered she still had class and shut the water off.

She got dressed and rushed out of the common room to join her friends in Transfiguration.

Professor McGonagall was glad to have Serena back in class, but reminded her that exams would take place on the first of June. Since Serena had missed so much school, she told her that she would be taking a modified version of the exam.

“I can’t believe we’re having exams,” mumbled Maggie at the end of class. “Given everything that’s going on.”

“Well we are here to get an education,” said Olivia.

“But Dumbledore isn’t even here,” said Maggie. “He’s been driven out of the school! How is everyone just going to pretend that this isn’t a problem?”

“Rena, there’s Wood,” said Olivia not listening to Maggie. Serena looked over and saw Oliver was looking over at her.

“Are you going to talk to him?” asked Maggie.

“After everything he did to you?” asked Olivia.

“I’m just going to go speak with him,” said Serena. Maggie and Olivia watched as she made her way over to Oliver. They decided that they would catch up with her later.