Life After Death

By -silverrtongue

[In The Making] More

A New Kind Of Hell (Part One)
A New Kind Of Hell (Part Two)
What's Life Without Death?

There's More

4 0 0
By -silverrtongue

"... Little Miss," a familiar voice echoed through my mind, slowly ridding of the fog that cobwebbed my brain. "...Open your eyes."

I stirred, not entirely sure what was going on... but not enough awake to care either. I felt a hand gently stroke my forehead, and my eyes squeezed a little tighter shut (I hope that's worded right).

"... Come on now," he continued. "Just a little more..."

My brain seemed to switch on after recognizing the mans voice. It would seem as though my body was voice-activated. If that makes sense. It was an attempt at humor.

My eyes slowly opened, and my senses finally fluttered into consciousness. At first my vision was blurry, and I couldn't make out who was sitting on the side of my bed.

I could see a large blob of black, which I guessed to be his hair. I could tell he wore a black and green outfit... and that just gave away the answer.

Loki.

Even though I still couldn't see, I was convinced the man sitting before me was Loki. So I sat up and threw my arms around his neck. His hair was curly and soft, and it smelt good... I couldn't compare what the scent was, because I've never smelt this before.

He chuckled a little and gently wrapped his arms around me, his hands were clasped between my shoulder blades.

"... What a beautiful gesture, but why do you feel the need to embrace me?" Loki whispered

By this point, I had tears rolling down my face. My figure was still weak, but quite tense. My hold on him was firm, where his, was weak.

"... We thought we lost you." I croaked, giving away the fact I was upset.

After hearing my gentle cries, Loki gently moved me away so he could better look at my face. I managed to blink the fogginess away, so I could make out most of what my surroundings were.

Oh Loki... I wish I could embrace you forever’ I thought. ‘If I ever completely lost you... I'd have nothing to live for."

"You know, I saw the way you expressed your heartfelt anguish due to my death... and believe me, I haven't been able to get it out of my head." Loki confirmed

Heat rose to my cheeks. I forgot Loki had access to memories and shit through something as simple as skin contact.

I looked down at the sheets that covered my stiff figure. A tear dropped from my eye, and Loki caught it effortlessly with his index finger. He gave a soft smile and wiped the damp areas under my eyes. After that, he gently stroked the side of my head, smoothing my wild black hair.

"I will never forget what you have done for me..." Loki purred. "Believe me, I am deeply honored. If there is anything I can do for you, name it."

I sniffled. "You already have."

He slightly cocked a brow and studied my face. "... Like what?"

"You spared my life on the day you began terrorizing my town. I simply returned the favor."

"... In a way. But then again, resurrecting the dead and sparing an innocent life are two very different things. There isn't a single thing I have done for anyone in my entire life that could compare to what you have done for me." Loki affirmed, inching his face ever so slightly closer to mine.

Loki had moved so close that I could feel the warmth of his breath on the side of my neck as he whispered. So sweet... so beautiful... so... way out of my league.

"That's only because it's not you." I stated. "A God of Mischief and Lies wouldn't be expected to save someone's life or bring the dead back."

"Perhaps... but I did spare YOUR life." Loki reminded. "That's got to count for something..."

I nodded and shrugged. "Sure."

"Hey," Loki lifted my chin with his finger and raised a brow as he spoke. "I can be nice if I want to be..."

I giggled and got a bright smile from Loki. His perfect teeth and his warm smile made me go all fuzzy inside. A swarm of butterflies made themselves known from deep within my stomach.

"See, I'm not all backstabbing, betrayal and evil. I made you smile." Loki announced

I nodded in agreement. "Alright fine, you're Loki, God of Everything."

"I wouldn't mind that actually. If that was the case, I'd be able to take what's mine and..." Loki's smile fell, and his eyes slowly drifted to the ground. "... Thor."

I furrowed my brows. "I'm sorry...?"

"My brother..." Loki looked back up at me, eyes wide and filled with concern. "Is my brother okay?"

I warm feeling washed over me. "Awe, you care about him?"

Loki ignored that. "Where is he?"

"... Loki?"

As if on cue (leave me alone, it's MY story), our gazes turned to see who this new voice belonged to. It was deep, and I hadn't heard it before.

Loki's eyes lit up and he got up slowly. I watched on, assuming this man was Loki's brother Thor... except, with short hair and... no hammer (as usual... he probably lost it again).

Behind the man I'm guessing to be Thor, stood Mrs. Wicca and Vinx. She was trying so desperately to peer over the muscular man's shoulder to catch a glimpse at me.

Loki's eyes never left Thor's. Thor's eyes filled with tears, and after a second or two, he rushed his brother and embrace him with such passion. Thor wrapped his arms around Loki without warning, and lifted him up off the floor, squeezing him tightly and crying for joy.

"My brother! I thought I'd lost you!" Thor cried with one of the widest and brightest smiles I'd ever seen on his face.

Loki was making an expression of pain and discomfort. It was quite amusing. When he spoke, it was more of a squeal than anything else. "Apparently so did everyone else..."

Thor placed his brother back down on the floor, and observed his brother carefully. Thor's large hands didn't let go of Loki's forearms. "You're looking a lot better than the last time I saw you."

Loki coughed and spluttered a little but managed to get out a decent sentence. "Well that's probably because the last time you saw me I'd been strangled."

Thor went quiet for a moment before smiling again and nodding. "You're probably right about that..."

I giggled and Thor's gaze switched from Loki to me. He paused and then looked back at Loki, then he returned his gaze to me for a moment before walking hastily over and wrapping me in an almost lethal bear hug.

"And you...!" Thor began, squeezing me tightly.

Loki stepped closer and then went to quite possibly warn him about how fragile I was, but Thor had already released me by that point.

"You... brought him back. How can I ever thank you?" Thor's smile was gentle and sincere, putting me at ease.

"... Never hug me that firmly again." I suggested

Thor and Loki both chuckled, and when Thor moved away, Vinx pretty much tackled me back down so I was once again laying on the bed.

She hugged me, while laying on top of me. I said it like that, because I believe it looked as weird as I'd just explained it. We are not lesbians.

Mrs. Wicca was discussing something with Thor and Loki while Vinx and I discussed how fucking hot Loki was in person.

"He hugged me last night." Vinx whispered once the three others had left the room.

I giggled. "Kinky. Why?"

"Because I was mourning."

I nodded slowly. "How many days was I asleep for...?"

"Only one. We brought your here yesterday. You resurrected Loki yesterday morning." Vinx confirmed

"Oh, that makes sense. I was a little confused as to why Thor hadn't arrived earlier, and why Loki hadn't asked about his brother before now... Nope, I'm still confused."

"Loki was talking about Thor in his sleep, so Mum got into contact with Thor and requested his arrival. Loki... never spoke of Thor while conscious. I don't know why..." Vinx looked down and we both trailed off in thought.

How odd. It would only make sense for Loki to be asking about his brother as soon as possibly... so why did he take so long to remember Thor? Strange.

"Guess what..." Vinx started, changing the subject.

I gave an encouraging nod.

"Spiderman died..." Vinx stated with wide eyes

I gasped and my eyes widened. "What!?!" I shouted

Loki's head popped around the corner to see what was going on. My shocked expression remained, but Vinx smiled awkwardly and waved slowly... sus.

"Who else?" I urged

"... Um, I'm pretty sure the Black Pantha died too. Along with... ugh, I can't remember." Vinx said in irritation

I waved it away. "It doesn't matter. But... I can't believe Spiderman died! Spiderman!"

Vinx giggled. "I can't believe Loki died."

A lump formed in my throat. "... Don't remind me."

She shrugged and nodded. "Wanna go get some lunch?"

I snickered. "No, why would I? I want to see their dead bodies."

"You're a fucking creep!" Vinx laughed

I laughed at my own bullshit too. "I was joking...!"

"I sure hope so..." Loki said as he stood in the doorway. His expression was blank and unreadable, it made us laugh even more.

\\\\
... I guess something bad happens since the story doesn't end here. Ooooh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 6.5K 43
Loki x Reader You live with the avengers. One day Thor will take you all to the Asgard. There you'll meet someone who changes your life. But soon aft...
980 56 16
โ—update: Oct. 5โ— '"And so it is with great pleasure that I, Odin, King of Asgard and protector of the Nine Realms, announce the royal engagement of m...
73.7K 2.3K 20
"Loki could just let her die here and now. His problems would be solved and he could go back to his usual ways. But then he would forever be left wit...
273 16 3
Loki meets his match in more ways than one. But will being too much alike destroy everything? Or will one of them finally submit? TW: my stories are...