The Choice

By Abha3006

Meet Tarun Mehra, all his life he had enjoyed the appreciation and adoration. Blessed with looks and physic o... More

Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Epilogue
Cast & trailer

Chapter-20

11.4K 885 38
By Abha3006

Kajal rubbed her wet hair with a towel, her eyes on her phone. It was 9 in the morning and she had yet not received Tarun's message. She wondered if he had given up after her nasty behaviour, she bit her lip being apologetic about going  rude to him for past two weeks. She huffed, moving her fingers through her tangled knots she thought about what Tia had concluded. Tia's words about Tarun being worried about her being mislead echoed her ears, that made her blush. She crashed on the bed realising she got manipulated so easily, being a practical it was so unlikely of her.

A sudden rage attacked her mind, she wanted to smash Robin's head somewhere. She had made up her mind to give him an earful about trying to stepping his boundaries, she decided to do it right away. With a determination she pulled a dress and a pulled her hair back in a lose knot. Picking her keys, she marched out determined not to let her anger die. As she fired the car engine, her phone pinged. 'Good Morning.' She smiled looking at the message and decided to reply.

'Why late?'

'Apologies Mademoiselle, I wasn't aware that you were expecting one.' She laughed at the endearment

'What if I was?'

'Then I would never be late again?'

'Why were you late today?' She questioned

'Was late from yesterday and got drenched in rain, kind of overslept'

'You are fine, right?'

'Hmmm...just little cold ... wht r you doing?' He asked diverting the topic

'Going to give somebody a lesson of decency.'

'No Kajal, not now.' Before she could reply he called, she answered, ''Are you asking me to just let it go? No, I am not someone to take the wrong things.''

''Calm down my fiery queen. I am not saying that you shouldn't confront him but not now. Sometimes, you should wait for the right time and I don't want your project to get affected.''

''I will get many more projects.''

''I know my designer number 1 but you have put lots of effort  in these designs and what's the point in punishing once, lets punish him every time you meet him.''

She smiled, ''So my polite and soft spoken husband can conspire too.''

''Yes, when it comes to his smart and fiery wife.'' He replied making her heart leap, she laughed to hide her labored breath. 

''Thanks for calling Tarun, I defiantly feel better.''

''That's something nice to hear. Fine, I am off to sleep. Call me if you need something.''

''Tarun, you are fine right. Its just cold.'' Se asked worried

''I am sweetheart!'' He disconnected. Kajal smiled wide, she got out of her car and walked back in humming her favourite song. 

''You are not going?'' Arun asked his daughter all surprised at the sudden change of her mood. The way she walked out, he was sure someone was going to die.

''Nope! I will work from home.'' She replied pulling and then pecking her father's cheek, running back to her room.

***

It was just a week remaining for Tarun to return and for Kajal's project too. She had received a numerous calls from Robin but she smartly kept the discussion professional. Her tongue was itching to give him back, but she decided to follow Tarun's advice. She had to submit her final set and she kept preparing her mind to confront Robin and give him an ear full for his derogatory game.

The day finally arrived, Robin had updated her that the board members were interested in meeting her. He had hinted on a new assignment and bragged how he worked hard to get it for her. Had Tia not shown her the reality, she would have been thankful to him for referring her. But now, things had changed.

Kajal walked into the Enchanted office, her steps halted hearing the laughter sound. She turned in the directions of work bays and found a group sharing a laugh. Though she knew a few, it was Soniya who caught her eye. Kajal smirked, she knew what she was going to do. Walking to the group, she greeted the known faces with a smile. She extended her hand to Soniya, ''Congratulations on your engagement! When is the wedding?''

''Thanks! In 3 months.'' Soniya replied with a smile

''Do you mind if I ask something personal? Actually, it would be a great help for a friend of mine battling an emotional situation as yours.''

Soniya frowned but  nodded. Kajal smiled and shot the question, ''Was it difficult to move on from the first love?''

Soniya blinked, confusion written all over her face, ''What first love?''

''Your first relationship''

''Mikhail is the first guy in my life, I never had any serious relationship before. And who told you this?'' Soniya looked miffed thinking someone was spreading rumours about her. She wasn't wiling to compromise her relationship with Mikhail.

''Someone did, rest assured my confusion is cleared and I am not going to talk about it further. Anyways, have a beautiful life. '' With that she walked off, not giving Soniya another opportunity to think or ask any further questions.

''You are late.'' Robin stated as soon as his eyes fell on her

''The meeting is at 10 AM, its 9:45 AM. HOW AM I LATE?'' Her voice pattern was enough to give off her mood to any other person but Robin was so confident about his plan that he ignored the warnings whish stood clear opposite to him.

''Hey, friends also deserve some time.'' He replied trying to look cute

She looked around, ''What friends, I don't see any and if you are talking about yourself, let me remind you once again. We are not friends.''

''But you accepted my friendship the other day.''

''I made a mistake that day, rectifying it now.'' With a wicked smile on her face she made her way to the board room, leaving Robin frozen at his place. He couldn't understand what could have possibly happen. His mind doubted about Kajal concluding the truth, he rejected it next minute. The kajal he knew wouldn't wait a second to lash back and it had been days to last meeting. He was sure it was something related to Tarun. He cursed him under his breath for giving pain to Kajal.

The members looked very happy with the way the 2 collections were performing in market, they seemed to have increased the sales due to the coming festivities and they idea of launching light jewelry collection. They offered Kajal another assignment but she politely refused stating she needed a break. Her job was tedious and designing continuously for hours would leave her drained of ideas and her strength.

They offered her the cheque of remaining amount and asked her to get back when she was ready. She nodded walking out without giving a glance to Robin.

''Kajal wait, what's wrong? Did that loser husband of yours hurt you again? How can you stay with a man who doesn't love you, I mean he is ashamed to call you his choice!'' In his desperation he forgot that his intentions were out now

Kajal crossed her arms over the chest, ''How do you know so much about my husband?'' he paled, she took a step forward making him step back, ''Let me answer this, you decided to leave a spy behind my husband's friends to get our details. '' Robin chose silence.

''I was expecting Silence from you Rohin Shekhawat. By the way Soniya narrated me about her sad break up, what was her ex boyfriend's name you mentioned last time?''

Robin thought, only Mikhail was aware of his plan. He thought that Soniya played along, to save his face he randomly stated at name,''Sujit!!

''Oh! Did he change his name from Amit to Sujit to save his face from the shame of breaking Soniya's heart?'' Robin shut his eyes, he rubbed them once, ''I can explain.''

''I didn't ask for it. Look, I am not someone you can manipulate with your disgusting games. ''

''Won't you ask me the reason for it?'' he pleaded

''No, because I don't care.''

''I love you Kajal. I have been in love with since the day I met you.'' He finally confessed his heart

''That doesn't gives you the right to play with my emotional state.'' She replied unaffected

''Answer this Kajal, had I proposed you before your wedding, would you have accepted then?'' He asked staring back into her eyes

She was now alert, she knew it was a tick question. He just was trying to figure her feelings for him. She smirked, ''No!''

''Wow! You are ready to stay with one who doesn't appreciate you but not with one who could anything for you. Why?'' She asked frustrated

''because Tarun would never do what you did. After everything what you just mentioned, he still respects me. And now, this is my last warning to you, anything nasty after this, I won't restrain myself from complaining about you.''

Kajal felt amazingly good after bashing Robin up oblivious to the fact that he wasn't going to give up soon. Getting in her car, she messaged Tarun, 'Bashed him nicely...felling so good.'

He replied with a grinning emoticon.

She took a deep breath, got into her vehicle and drove off. She wanted to enjoy this time off to fullest.

***

Tarun walked out of Airport breathing in the air of his home town. It felt good to be back, ''Hey there!'' Praveen welcomed him with a hug. ''Here, your sim card. What was the urgency that you wanted it now, at this hour.'' Praveen gestured towards his watch, indicating the late night hours.

''You won't understand how important phone is these days.'' Tarun replied

''Shall I drop you?'' Praveen offered

''No, I will go on my own.''

''Ah! I know where are you going ON YOUR OWN.'' Praveen teased earning a punch. 

Tarun quickly hailed a cab and decided to surprise his parents. Watching the passing roads he kept grinning as if he had visited the place first time all his living years. The cab stopped at the signal waiting for it to turn green. Tarun stared at the signal, watching the numbers displayed in reverse order, he huffed and made a decision, ''Take left!''

His heart thumped hard as he neared Kajal's residence. Once outside her house, he contemplated about calling her late in the night. When driver nudged him about getting late, Tarun pacified him offering extra fare. He pulled out his phone and dialed Kajal, it went unanswered. He dialed again and got same response. This time he messaged and got a call back, ''Where are you?''

''Outside your house.'' She immediately disconnected, running  out to meet him. 

''HI!'' That was the only word she could utter but the glow on her face spoke a million things.

''I got you this'' he extended a parcel towards her.

''What's this?'' She asked excited about receiving her very first gift from Tarun. She quickly undid the covers, her jaw dropped and words failed as she stared at the best books on jewelry designing , its history  and different patterns around the world.

''Thanks!''

phew! Thats a relief that you liked my gift" He dramatically wiped his forehead expressing his relief.

She thought for a moment, "Tarun, I can't take this as a gift. You will have to accept the payment in return of these."

"And why so?"

"because I don't know where are we leading too. I am not sure if I have the relationship with you of accepting gifts just like that." She said her eyes on the earth.

"Kajal, friends too can gift each other." Tarun reasoned

Her eyes started filling up with unknown emotions, which she felt was hard to control, "Tarun, I can't be friends with you. If it doesn't work out, I will never see you again." She finally said what she hesitated saying all these days.

Tarun cupped her face, lifting it up so that she could see his eyes, "It will work out, I feel it in here" he said placing her hand on his chest over his heart.

"Why do you feel that? You don't even love me"

"Kajal, I agree we are bound by love but we are bounded by something emotional. I am emotionally committed to you. I don't know what love is, but I know what my commitment towards you means to me."

"commitment without feelings is like a living hell" She reasoned

"who said we don't have feelings? I have and I know so do you" She blinked. He patted her cheek," I should leave or this driver will charge me double."

"I still want you accept the price of these books."

Taking her by surprise he pecked her cheek, " I took the interest too."

"You don't understand, if I move forward I don't want any memory of us."

He smiled, "then just remember me as a lesson and tell your peers and future about not falling for a guy whose has zero courage." Caressing her cheek , he walked off not understanding what he so desperately wanted to say but couldn't phrase it in words. He was novice to these strange emotions in his heart.

Kajal stood numb at her place, " if only you understood that you are not a lesson. You are of my best moment." Hugging the bundle to her chest she walked back in. She missed her father, who stood at the window. He knew what he had to do next.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are times when we fail to understand what we are feeling and why. We are sad and angry without reason. Tarun is going through same, Robin isn't gone. He will be back...more to come.

Next few days will be busy at work so updates will go slow. Do let me know how was this one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 420 42
In the charming uncertainty of life, they stumbled upon each other's worlds and discovered a connection that would change everything. As their hearts...
1.4M 67K 33
He once abandoned her to her bullies, but now he has redemption on his mind. Little does he know that this woman has other plans and that life would...
1.9K 109 26
To everyone who thinks they have the best frictional boyfriend.. You guys didn't met rafael yet..! Male lead: This is a story of a dr who is also the...
115K 5.3K 65
(NOT EDITED CURRENTLY) |•| Sidhart Singhania, A cold ruthless yet successful businessman... Meera Khanna, A sunshineyy doctor... Sidhart was gettin...