Visions Of The Cancer Wolf

By BlackRose54

"And he was the first Zodiac Wolf. The man created the rest of the Zodiac Wolves as the years went by, and ea... More

1: The Train
2: The New Bedroom
3: The Grand Dining Room
4: The Fountain
5: Return To The Grand Dining Room
6: The Grand Bedroom
7: The Store Room
8: The Shared Bedroom
9: The Carriage
10: The Market
11: The Secret Zodiac Cottage
12: The Smaller Dining Room
14: The Gardens
15: The Past And The Future

13: The Battle Room

46 2 0
By BlackRose54

When I awoke the next morning, I was pleased to find my head had not bled; the fall had simply knocked me unconscious.

What was suspicious is that I had awoken in my bed. Someone must have moved me, and I assume it was my Cancer Wolf.

Whoever that may be.

But after I had come round properly, I spent most of the day finishing cleaning and sorting the fabric. The thought of the white outfit in the wardrobe had completely left my mind. It was not until I saw the sun setting I realised just how many hours I had been inside my room. And that my dinner with Geoffrey was fast approaching, and I had nothing to wear.

Once again, the white fabric caught my eye, and I found myself drawn to the wardrobe once again. I reached out to touch the soft fabric, and I gasped as I realised which dress it was. It was the white dress from my dreams. Could I dare wear it knowing what it meant?

Was I finally going to meet my saviour in human form?

Before I could stop myself, I had slipped into the dress, and was admiring the way my skin felt against the material. My heart thudded with excitement, and I could not deny what I was feeling. I did not know what to do with myself.

Then my heart dropped.

What was I doing? I was wearing the dress I was meant to meet my Cancer Wolf in to a dinner date with someone else. Confused, I waded my way through the neat pile of ripped clothes I had made, and I delicately placed myself on my dressing table stool. As I brushed my hair into an up-do, I thought about what I must do.

I have to end my relationship with Geoffrey, because I have fallen completely, undeniably, utterly and totally in love with Calvin. The thought of his lips on mine send sparks down my spine, and for a moment I had to stop styling my hair to compose myself.

But I continued, and within ten minutes I was ready to face Geoffrey. I gave myself a final check, and despite the fact I looked rather attractive, I could not help but notice the likeness to my own self in the dream. Although this worried me, I had no other choice.

This was destiny.

I trailed down the East Staircase, picking my long white dress up so I would not fall on the stairs. I could see the light from the fireplace in the room where I knew Geoffrey was waiting, and I braced myself for what I was about to say.

“Elizabeth, you look-!” I held my hand up to silence Geoffrey as I entered the room. I tucked a strand of hair that had fallen free behind my ear, and a blush crept upon to my face. Geoffrey was dressed in his Sunday best, and I could not bear to break the news to him after only arriving. I decided to stay for a while longer, as I felt it was the most lady-like thing I could do.

The heat from the roaring fire in the room wrapped itself around me and it clung to my flesh and clothes as I entered. Geoffrey looked momentarily stunned at being silenced, but regardless he pulled my chair out for me at the table.

Sitting down what I wished to be graciously, I unfolded my napkin and placed it over my lap. The atmosphere soon fell in sync with the rest of the room. Conversation between Geoffrey and I was surprisingly easy considering what I was about to do.

Geoffrey was attempting to discuss something or other with me; however my mind would not keep drifting. My eyes scoured the room, swimming over the cackling fire, the light orange glow it created on the glossy white mantle piece. The great curtains that hung high above my head to embrace the tall windows created shadows that seemed to dance in time with the light the flames created. Aside from the fire, there was little light in the room, apart from two tiny candles flickering on the dining table.

I realised that Geoffrey was laughing, and I half heartedly joined in, despite not truly knowing what we were laughing for. I could see Geoffrey’s eyes glowing even in the dark of the room, and my stomach flipped uneasily as I remembered how different they were to those of my Cancer Wolf.

“Elizabeth, darling, are you alright?” Geoffrey asked, and I nodded, my cheeks flaming again. I smoothed out my napkin, and I took a quick sip of my drink. I held the glass in my hand, and I realised my hand was shaking. I took another sip, and I tried to keep my hand still.

“I’m fine” I answered quickly. It was too quickly, and it would set doubt into Geoffrey’s mind. A fool could see I was most certainly not fine. It was not that I was in a negative mood; it was simply that my mind was elsewhere. No matter how hard I tried I simply could not escape the delicious thoughts of Calvin that kept appearing in my mind.

“Are you sure? Because if I’m to be perfectly honest with you Elizabeth you seem distracted, and I think-!” Geoffrey kept talking, but I felt myself becoming rude and dissolving into my own thoughts. The thoughts of the Zodiac Wolves kept appearing in my mind. And the Stray Wolf was a key player in my team of fears too. He could be anyone, anywhere. And I was still suffering much confusion over the true identity of my Cancer Wolf.

Geoffrey had confirmed that it was him, but I did not love him the way I loved Calvin.

And I was supposed to love my Wolf more than anything else in the entire world.

“Geoffrey” I interrupt Geoffrey, and he looks at me surprised. I take a deep breath, and I set down the glass I realised I was still holding. “Are you my Cancer Wolf?”

Geoffrey freezes for a moment. I see something flicker through his eyes. Geoffrey takes a long dreg of his own drink, and a few awkward seconds passes between us before he answers. He blinks a couple of times, and he clears his throat. I watch his every movement, suddenly feeling defensive.

“Yes, I am Elizabeth”

I do not believe him.

My first reaction, the first thing that crosses into my mind is that he is lying. As much as I want to believe him, as simple as it would make things to believe him, I cannot. I do not love him like Iris loves the Capricorn Wolf. The Wolf Mate Bond is clear between them, and it is most definitely not there between Geoffrey and me.

“Then I am very sorry to say this Geoffrey, but I cannot be your mate. I am in love with another” I tell him, and I try to keep my eyes locked with his out of respect for him. He does not say anything. Geoffrey’s face has become set like stone, and he looks intimidating. I push my plate of food away that I have scarcely touched, and I attempt to get to my feet. “I’m sorry Geoffrey. I think I should go now, thank you for a wonderful evening, I-!”

I stop talking when Geoffrey reaches out and roughly wraps his hand around my arm. I wince, as Geoffrey’s grip is lethal, and I can see his fingers leaving marks on my skin. I try and pull away, but he keeps his grip. I struggle to stand to my feet because of Geoffrey’s grip, but I eventually do. The napkin falls off of my lap and onto the floor, and I step away from the table.

Effectively, I force Geoffrey to stand up with me, but this scares me more as he is taller and stronger than me. He looms over me, and I still struggle to release his grip on my arm.

“Geoffrey! Let go! You’re hurting me Geoffrey!” I cry out, and Geoffrey brings his face close to mine, and he holds me there because his other arm is on my shoulder. Terrified, I struggle against him, but it is futile.

“Not again! I will not have another stupid little girl reject me again! You are my mate! Do you hear me Elizabeth Golding?! YOU ARE MINE!” Geoffrey screams in my face, and he releases a long howl. For a brief second Geoffrey’s grip loosens as he howls, and this second allows me to break free.

Because of the force I used, I stagger back, and clutch my long dress, preparing to run if need be. Through petrified eyes I watch Geoffrey snarl, and his face begins to distort. His hands reach out to clutch me again, but he seems unable to move.

In horror, I stare at his arms, realising that long, thick, dark hairs are beginning to rapidly emerge from his flesh. Geoffrey howls again, this time it sounds as if he is in pain. I’m frozen to the spot, unable to move. My breathing is heavy and my eyes are wider than saucers.

Geoffrey’s clothes rip and his spine sticks out of his back at a horrific angle. I scream, and cover my mouth as I watch Geoffrey. His feet grew to double, triple, quadruple the size they were, and his toenails ripped through his shoes and became long claws that curled over. My eyes ran up his body, and I saw it grow bigger and get hairier. Geoffrey had changed. He’d become his wolf.

He wasn’t my Wolf; but he was a Wolf.

Geoffrey howled again, a true wolf howl. The pitiful sound echoed through the room, bouncing from the walls. The room fell silent, and the only sound was mine and Geoffrey’s breathing. I swallowed, and took in the dark wolf in front of me.

Utterly evil, the beast had dark purple eyes and a thick black coat. The wolf smiled a vicious, malicious smile that made me want to run far and wide and never look back. I swallowed, and my grip on my dress increased.

Geoffrey had lied; he was not my Cancer Wolf at all.

A heavy paw took a step forward, and a tiny foot took a step back. There was only one door out of here, and if Geoffrey blocked it as I feared he would, my future was bleak. “Geoffrey...” My voice came out as a hoarse whisper, and I cleared my throat to try and sound less weak. I realised that I must not appear weak, as this may only fuel Geoffrey’s anger.

“Geoffrey.” I was relieved that my voice was more solid this time. It still was not going to help me if Geoffrey decided to attack. Geoffrey took another step forwards, and I realised if he got hold of me I was most certainly doomed.

Without warning, Geoffrey stood up on his hind legs, and I realised that the Zodiac Wolves were not just larger than average wolves. They still retained human features. They were werewolves. Geoffrey snarled, showing his sharp fangs. I swallowed again, and I tried to keep my breathing steady. I knew without a doubt that Geoffrey could smell my fear.

‘Do not move one more inch towards her’

I heard a voice, but it was not out loud. I heard a voice in my head. It was like it was actually being said, because I knew the direction was from behind me. I did not dare turn around though; I kept my eyes locked on Geoffrey. I concluded that Geoffrey had also heard the voice due to the growl he released seconds later. Geoffrey fell back onto four legs, and he got into an aggressive position.

I heard heavier footsteps come behind me.

I knew without looking that I had a Wolf either side of me. I just prayed that the Wolf behind me was my saviour, my one and only true love, my Cancer Wolf. If it was not him, I was most likely going to be sent six feet under in several tiny pieces.

I took a few steps back, as I realised Geoffrey’s eyes weren’t on me anymore. Geoffrey took 4 heavy steps forwards, arching his back to make him look more threatening than he already did. I drew my eyes away from Geoffrey, and they landed on the other wolf- The Cancer Wolf.

Geoffrey drew himself onto four legs, and he seemed to stand even higher than he did before. My heart caught in my throat, as I feared Geoffrey would be even taller than my Cancer Wolf. I had nothing to fear though, as moments later the Cancer Wolf drew himself to his full height on two legs, and he was even.

Both opponents were sizing each other up, and I suddenly got very nervous. Could I stand here and watch two Zodiac Wolves who were supposed to be team mates tear each other to shreds? And kill each other over what exactly, me? It did not seem right.

But I could not stop this from happening. I was a prize. And whether I liked it or not, I would be awarded to the winner of this battle.

I doubted the winner would care whether or not I was dead or alive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 320 30
(Editing grammar and sentence structure) Losing your parents at three years of age and having to grow up too soon to rule the most feared pack in the...
116K 7K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
1.3M 30.2K 32
(Unedited) Rejection hurts. It can break many people apart. Slowly crushing their souls and silencing their wolfs forever. Unfortunately, that happe...
129K 2.1K 29
(**Violence in some parts**) Abused physically and mentally. Diana takes it all for her sister Emma, the only blood related person she has left. She...