One Minute, And The Next || l...

By WastedHoran_

Meet Riley Harper. She is the girl you hear whispers in the hall about her alcoholic mother, and father who i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (Part 1)
Chapter 20 (Part 2)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 21

451 15 3
By WastedHoran_

The rain poured down heavily as I walked down the street, but I didn't care; all I wanted to do was to leave that house. I cannot believe all of this was kept from me. My father had a kid; one other than me, one that he actually gave a shit about. It all makes sense now; why he was gone so much this year. All the fighting, arguments, and yelling that's been going on between my parents even more than usual, was all because of this.

I come to a stop after quickly walking for about 3 blocks. I lean back on the chain link fence, and dig into my pocket, angrily pulling out my pack of cigarettes. Of course they were all soaked, but I managed to salvage one of them. I put it between my lips and beg the lighter to light it quickly as I protected the weak flame from the rain with my hand as best as I could. After a few tries, the flame finally catches on the end of it and lights it up. I take a deep, long drag as I leaned on the fence and held my head back, closing my eyes before I released the smoke into the air. The rain poured down on my face and yet, I still didn't care. I might have been crying, but I couldn't be sure; my tears blended in with the rain.

"Riley!" I hear a familiar voice call out, running over to me down the sidewalk. I sigh softly, taking another drag as I turned my head and the person came into view. Luke. "Riley." He says again, trying to regain his breath as he stopped next to me.

"If you're going to convince me to go back there, you're fucking insane." I tell him, taking a shorter drag this time and blow it out.

"No..." He breathes. "I'm not going to convince you to do that." He says.

I look him over for a second, before looking away again. "So what do you want?" I ask, taking another drag.

He takes a few moments to answer, like he was thinking about what he was going to say. "I want you." He answers.

My eyes immediately snap to him. I furrow my brows, "Fuck off." I say, blowing the smoke into his face, walking past him.

"Riley..." He says, grabbing my shoulder to stop me.

"I don't know if you think it's funny, or something. But this-" I gesture between us. "This... I don't even know what to call this." I say. "We're sure as hell not together. And- and we may have kissed a few times but it meant nothing... we're nothing. You don't want me, you already 'had me' for longer than you should have." I continue. "So I don't know why you continue to hang around me and joke and tell me that you want me after I just found out all of this shit." I say, taking a deep breath after my ramble.

As if that wasn't enough, Luke had the audacity to grow a smirk onto his lips. "You like me." He says.

"Fuck off." I repeat again, taking a drag.

"You do." He smiles. "You just don't want to admit it."

"What don't you get? Fuck. Off." I say, annoyed, tapping the cigarette with my finger.

To my surprise, Luke takes the cigarette from my fingers and put it into his own, as the rain slowly came to a stop. He brings the cigarette to his lips, taking a drag and stepping closer, his face right in front of mine. He tips my chin up slightly with his fingers as he opens his lips a bit and lets the smoke trail out and I breathe it in. "I don't get what you're waiting for princess, just kiss me." He says softly, his lips ghosting over mine.

My eyes look down from his eyes to his lips, and back a few times. I take a short breath before smashing my lips against his, and I feel him immediately kiss back, cupping his hands on my face after he dropped my cigarette to the floor.

He pulls away slightly; his lips still close enough that I can feel his chilled breath. "I can make you forget about all this, princess.." He whispers softly. "I want too.." He corrects and his teeth tug on his bottom lip. "Do you want me to help you forget?" He asks.

Hell yes, I do...but he's Luke Hemmings. He's been with every girl in school, I told myself this wasn't going to happen... but fuck, is this boy hot. All I do is nod in agreement. A small smirk pulls on his lips again as he takes his hands back and grabs ahold of mine. "Come; let's get out of here..." He says and brings be back to his car.

After we run through the rain for quite a bit, we reach his car and get inside. "Where do you want to go?" He asks me.

"Anywhere but here.." I answer, crossing my arms over my chest to try and keep warm.

He simply nods and turns up the heat dial on his car, and the car's warmth raises quickly. He winds up driving to his house, and he brings me upstairs after he parks and we get out. He flicks on the light in his room and he walks in. "Here.." He says, searching into his dresser, pulling out some shorts and a band t-shirt of course.

"Thanks.." I say, taking them from him but just standing there, wet and still a bit cold.

"You can go in the bathroom, you know.." He says, gesturing to his bathroom door.

"Yeah, yeah.. I know.." I respond. I was just distracted by how good he looked right now... and as if him soaking wet in front of me wasn't enough, he slips off his damp shirt and tosses it on the ground, leaving his chest bare. You've got to be kidding me. I snap out of my thoughts... you can't like him Riley... you'll just be added onto the list of the girls he's been with... you don't want to get hurt again. I repeated all of this in my mind as I walked into his bathroom and changed into the clothes he had given me, leaving my soaked ones on the tile floor to dry. I grab my Marlboro packet and lighter, before walking back into his room. "Alright if I smoke in here?" I ask.

He shrugs, "I don't mind, just try not to blow it in my face again." He winks, and smiles.

I nod, wanting to give a soft smile as well, but I wasn't really capable of making one right now. I take a deep breath and crack open a window, sliding over the chair from his desk before sitting down. What the fuck was happening? One minute, my life is normal.. well, as normal as it can be for my family, and the next; I'm voluntarily kissing Luke Hemmings, my father dies, and it turns out, I have a baby brother. This is so fucked up.

I light up a cigarette and take a drag to calm myself, trying to blow most of it out of the window. "So are you going to admit it yet?" Luke speaks, now only in his boxers as he sat on his bed. I swear, he's doing this on purpose.

"Do you just take off your clothes for all your guests?" I ask, taking another drag.

"Only the hot ones." Luke answers and gives a small chuckle. "Now could you answer my question?" He asks again.

"I'd rather not..." I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Is Riley Harper...scared?" He asks, raising an eyebrow as his smirk grows.

"Fuck you." I say, smiling ever so slightly as I brought the cigarette up to my lips again.

"I'm sure you'd love to." He says, the stupid smirk still on his face as he bites his lip, fiddling with his lip ring. "I'm available anytime..." He adds.

I shake my head, smiling a tiny bit more as I presented my middle finger to his direction and I turned my head to look out the window to the rain that was still pouring.

He gets up off his bed, walking over to me and leans on the wall beside the window. "What'll it take for you to admit it?" He asks.

"I'm not admitting shit... you're Luke, I'm sure you can go up to any girl in our shitty school and they will not hesitate to admit it to you." I shrug, taking another drag.

"Ah.." He says and nods, "You think I'm gonna just throw you away?" He asks, his voice a bit more timid and less playful.

I don't answer, I just look back out at the rain, but he was smart enough to know what my silence meant.

"I'm not going to do that.." He says, looking down at me as I sat in the wooden desk chair.

"Yeah." I scoff softly, "That what you tell all of them?" I ask, bringing the smoke back to my lips, a bit sad it was losing its length.

He sighs, "Fuck, Riley... You're not like all of them.." He says, taking the cigarette from my fingers and tossing it in the trash. "Do you think I would do all this shit for one of those sluts?" He asks, his blue eyes peering down at me as I still refused to look at him.

I shrug, not wanting to answer. Bullshit... it's all bullshit, I try to convince myself.

"You're so much better than them..." He whispers softly.

I shake my head lightly, "No. I'm so much more fucked up than them." I say.

"Maybe.." he shrugs. "But I don't give a shit." He says. "That day, on our way to school when I decided to try and get you after that bet with my friends, and you completely rejected me.." He says and chuckles softly. "I knew you were different...Just by looking into those pretty eyes." He smiles gently, tilting my chin up to look at him. "Please just believe me when I say I really do have genuine feelings for you... and that those times we kissed, they didn't mean nothing to me." He adds. "I want you to admit it, Riley, and if you don't feel even a shred of feelings towards me... Then I'll drive you back home, and we can forget that any of this happened."

"Fine...fuck," I breathe. "I like you." I admit, and roll my eyes. God, he's stubborn.

His famous smirk grows on his lips again, "I knew it. You like me.." He teases.

"Fuck you." I say again and chuckle softly.

"Well if you really want too..." He says leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. I stand up so my face was leveled with his, keeping our lips attached. "Do you?" He asks after pulling away.

"You wanna be my distraction right?" I ask, my heart beat slowly speeding up.

"Mmhm..." He mumbles, already tugging at my shirt.

"Then distract me..." I whisper.

Luke doesn't waste any time before tugging off my shirt, pressing his lips back to mine, and walking backwards until we collapsed onto his bed.

(Hey Guys! First things first, This story is PG-13 so no sex scenes haha, sorry, but I'll leave it up to your lovely imaginations! Secondly, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GETTING THIS STORY TO 8K THAT IS INSANE! Third, I am very, very sorry for the late update.. I get lazy, but I plan to not be lazy anymore! I have made myself an updating schedule! I will update this story every Saturday! It's almost 3 in the morning so, technically it is Saturday haha, but I will no longer take a month to update :) And lastly, My Calum fanfic is still coming soon, and... also coming soon, I have a new Michael fanfic for those who are interested! That one will be coming soon as well, but I may have a prologue out for you guys to read in the near future! Sorry for the long authors notes! I will try to make them shorter next time! Thanks to everyone who is reading, voting and commenting! It really means the world! Love you! xx)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72K 960 83
Izzy has been going through life alone for years. But, when she's introduced to someone she can't live without, everything she's ever known is flippe...
480K 14.2K 39
In which a girl who has decided to go all natural meets an arrogant blonde boy who only wants to be her friend. © 2016 loosends
8.1K 153 16
When a teenager's parents divorce, she moves to Australia with her mother while her twin sister and little brother live with her father, whom she hat...
6.3K 152 15
One path in life can change your life forever. And another moment can help it along too. Kat is a sixteen year old, teenaged girl. Who's mother had t...