LOST IDENTITY

By Humylash

Entwined is the destiny of Tasneem Marwan and Mukarram Abdulhamid. One is hated by her biological mother who... More

Dear Diary
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue

Chapter Three

2.3K 541 54
By Humylash

TASNEEM

Days flew by and before you could say Jack  Robinson it's  already  two days to resumption day. I don't know how to feel in  a situation like this where I want to get away from Umma and the pain she is causing me and on the other hand I don't want to leave home because I'll be saying  bye bye to good  food.  Going back means meeting the senior bullies. Even though beating had been banned, I'd prefer to be bullied physically than emotionally wise. It hurts me to not be able to get away from pain no matter how hard I try.

Abba told us that  we will be visiting our relatives so we should dress in a nice attire.  I brought out  my favorite  gown which is made of a nicely patterned  Ankara and went into the bathroom to take my bath. Coming  out after a few minutes I was met with a replaced ugly looking gown which was sewn haphazardly  by a trainee tailor.  I hated that dress right from the moment it was  given to me by umma  few months back.

I know she was the one that replaced my beautiful  gown with  this ugly dress. I have to wear it if I really want to go out so I had no choice than to wear it trying hard not to cry or show my internal turmoil.

God  bless Abba 's soul!  The moment he sets his eyes on me he frowned  deeply. " Tasneem  what is this you're wearing?  Can't you see that everyone is nicely dressed?  Have you forgotten that we are going out? " he asked in one breath. 
"umma  chose  this outfit for me " I squeaked out waiting for her slap to land  on my face.  I knew what exactly will happen. She will either say that she wasn't the one who brought it out for me that I lied for cover or start shouting and making unnecessary  fuss about  it saying that Abba is over pampering  me and what not.  I told you earlier that my mom is a nice woman right?  She is a nice woman to people, outsiders and her three great kids with me and Abba exempted.

" Binta this is not fair. You should know that you'll account for all your misdeeds against this girl on the day of reckoning. I've been trying to show  you the right path since forever  but you never  take heed" Abba sadly stated looking at umma with an angry expression on his face. Turning back to me he gently said  "Go and change mamana and make haste  about it " I almost tripped out of excitement to change.  I know that I'm  going to face Umma's wrath after we come back but it doesn't  matter, all that matters is that I'll get to wear my nice dress and look decent and chick like my siblings.

We went to my maternal grandparents house first and grandpa couldn't  shut up about how proud he is of umma. Would he still be this proud of her if he comes to know about  how she is treating me? I mused while looking at him, showing  that I'm  religiously following the conversation  while it is the other way round. My ears are getting sore listening to  him sing praises of my worst nightmare.   After an hour, we left to visit other houses where some relatives shower  me with goodwill and prayers. Telling me to read hard and make them proud. Giving me a token of money or some provision. I will bow down a little and thank them with a smile on my face  before we leave.

Aunty Hadiza's house is the last stop. She was so ecstatic to see us she couldn't  contain her joy. After some pleasantries were made. Abba left us there saying  he will come back after ishaa to pick us.  I packaged all my fears and worries and threw them in a dustbin before joining Aunty  Hadiza in the kitchen to help her prepare a delicious dinner for us.  I am a different  person when I am with her, she has no issue of her own  hence her love for children so she treats us like the children she never had. I am her favorite though, because she tells me that whenever  she gets the chance.

"Tasneem sarkin miskilanci!  Yau ma baza kimin hirar ba?  (Seriously  how do I translate this in English?)  Aunty Hadiza made reference to my quite attitude asking whether I am not  going to gist her today.

Having nothing good to tell her other than my pain which I've enclosed in my heart.  I shook my head saying no before I told her about Jalila's gift and one animation I've watched at home.  After half an hour dinner was ready and we arranged everything  on a picnic mat in the living room.  Umma was busy with her phone while Nawal is sleeping on her lap. Zaheera and Adeel were watching  something I didn't care to know of on MBC3.

There was fun and laughter during dinner because Aunty  Hadiza  has a bubbly personality. She makes me forget my worries without even trying and I'll forever be thankful for that. After ishaa Abba came back to pick us up and we left everyone with a satisfied smile.

As we approach our house, My heart started beating  fast and loud dreading to set foot in it,  knowing  that umma won't let me go Scott free.   To my surprise she didn't  even glance my way. She said goodnight and told her three precious gems to make sure they sleep before 10pm before sauntering  off towards her room.

'Maybe she will change and get back at me ' the rational part of my mind whispered.

' No today is your lucky day, she will let it go just chill out Tasneem ' the not so rational but optimistic part whisper yelled.

Seeing  that I am about to go crazy anticipating my doom. I decided to go into my room and finish  off  some packing before going  to bed.  If she is going to beat me, I'm  already used to the  pain. If it is the harsh  words, I have memorized all of them in my heart knowing what she will say next the moment she start off a sentence.

The next morning, umma didn't come to wake me up for  subh and that means one thing.  She is giving  me the silent treatment and I hate it more than any of her punishments. It will keep me on edge and bothered but it's  better than having body aches after receiving the beating  of  my life.

I went  to greet her in the morning but all I get is a hiss as a reply.  I went into the kitchen to make breakfast but found out that she has already made it and I don't have a share. I  have some biscuits from yesterday so I made a cup of tea and went to my room praying she will  not come out and snatch the cup from  me.

At lunch  I heard her telling Abba that I've already taken my lunch so they should go ahead and eat without me.  It was not a lie,  I've already  taken garri with groundnut the only lie is that I am not  satisfied and my tummy is aching me.  I didn't  go out of my room since morning knowing that she has done all the chores and she will not like being defied by me. I know all her mood swings and punishment so I saved myself from getting  hurt.

The pain in my stomach intensified at night which made me whimper in pain. Adeel came into my room to do only God  knows what when he found me in that condition. He panicked and called umma  who didn't  show up.  She should  at least come out to find  out whether I am finally gone so that she will celebrate  her victory. He went to her room but she shouted at him telling him  to call Abba.  Adeel rushed out  and called  Abba who came in a jiffy  with his jallabiyah and car keys. Seeing my condition he slung me over his shoulders  driving in an insane  speed taking  me to the nearest  hospital.

I heard the doctor  saying  something about food poison  and ulcer after examining me. I never thought a mother can hate her child as much as umma  hates me. What if I had died?  Will she even cry over me?  What have I done wrong to deserve such  hatred from her?  If not because I look exactly like  her I'll  have swear she is not  my mother but she is and I can't change that. Abba came back with food and fruits. He fed me himself saying  that I have been admitted  for further examination  so he will stay with me and that Adeel sends his regards.

" I met him in the living  room  crying. You scared him dear " Abba said giving  me another spoonful of macaroni.

"Mmm hmm" was all I could say. I don't want to open  my mouth and ask about umma  or worse cry. I am too young  to be facing this kind of  calamity.

It felt awkward and kind of lonely that Abba is staying with me in the ward. It wasn't a private room so there are about eight other patients in the room. There was a boy who's in so much  pain he kept whimpering  and crying. Telling his mother that she should help ease his pain he's going  to die.

After a while, the ache started  all over and I had to be sedated.  I woke up later in the morning. I was surprised  to find Abba still by my bed with a small azhkar book in his hands. I managed to sit up before greeting him.

" how are you feeling now?  I hope much better my dear? " he enquired touching my forehead to check if I  have fever.

. "much better Alhamdulillah Abba. Can I pray? " I replied wincing a little when I mistakenly drag the cannula.

"Yes!  Let me help you" he carried me again to the toilet. I was embarrassed  but grateful that he is taking care of me,  doing the things my mother should be doing not  because she is sick or dead but because she hates me.

After I prayed.  Abba excused himself  because there was an emergency  at the market needing his attention.

" Don't worry. Your aunt Hadiza will soon be here with breakfast. " I could  only nod, suddenly  going  numb. I wanted to ask why Umma won't  be here to bring breakfast and take care of me. The moment  he left the room,  hot tears cascaded down my cheeks and no amount of inner pep talk will make them stop.  I wished for death to come and take me away from this world. I wished  for all the pain to go away  and in my 14years old mind only death could do that.

There is a saying that you should be careful what you wish for because after five minutes one of  the patients  in the ward died and  the pain in his mothers eyes, the way she's wailing and shaking him to come back to life and the fact that  it is my first time seeing a dead body  made my whole world turned upside down. He was the same boy from yesterday.  I pitied the mother  of  the deceased but my body and mind couldn't take it so I fainted out of shock and fear because that moment I realized that I've been wishing for death not knowing what it feels like to lose someone you love. Not knowing that death is permanent  and it came to us unaware  without  knocking at our door or seeking our permission. I never knew that death is this painful even though some people like  me would prefer to die than live in pain..

I don't know how long I've been knocked out but it took a long time because it was  past asr when I regain my conciousness. Aunty Hadiza was right there with me with tear stained eyes and a grateful  smile that I'm  still alive.

" Sannu Tasneem.  How are you feeling right now? " she asked and I  couldn't  say anything but nod my head with another set of tears streaming down my face.

" Am I going  to die too? " I squeaked out afraid of what she will say. I can still picture the limp pale dead body of that poor  boy and his mother's  cries still resonates in  my ears.

Aunty  Hadiza just nodded in the negative and tried to comfort  me. I don't need comfort all I  need at that moment is to go home. I don't want to  die. I've taken back my wish on dying. I will live  on and keep enduring whatever comes my way.

My stomach got  worse. I kept puking everything that goes into my stomach . I was so weak I could not lift a finger. I was holding on to life by a thread. My heart aches as if its been sprayed with hot pepper. I closed my eyes thinking it was the last time I'll ever see everyone again.

Yah Allah make jannah my final resting place.

Was the last thing I thought of before succumbing to the darkness.

❤❤❤

I need  20 votes for this chapter just 20!! 

YawwaTasneem zata shura  lahira ne koh zata rayu

One word for Umma please 😢

It's  shorter than the last chapter Cuz I'm so busy and too lazy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127 22 8
❝HE WAS HER DARK FAIRYTALE SHE WAS HIS TWISTED FANTASY AND TOGETHER, THEY MADE MAGIC~ ❝Main Heer hun, Aur is 'Dastan-E-Mohabbat' main, mera haarna...
149K 8.4K 81
( Not Edited ) (MY 1st FF 😊😊) ( Not Edited ) My first ever book that's why I won't remove, I was just 14 to 15 years old when I wrote it, so it i...
53K 1.9K 46
One unforgettable night led to Inevitable meetings which involved Unspoken emotions stirring up Unavoidable feelings sparking Inflammable chemistry w...
359K 22.4K 117
Unbreakable Bonds A boy who was least interested in love and a girl who was broken because of her mother and sister's hatred. What will happen when...